Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Akuma's Games > The Mysteries of Mura-Cho, Japan

Reply
Thread Tools
  #26  
Unread 11th of August, 2012, 11:04
Spoogie's Avatar
Spoogie
Wraith

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Member: #8299
Location: in between
Posts: 687 (0.23 per day)
Now, that you think about it, an immortal might be immune to the time effects surrrounding the castle...
Does Tom know Flynn is an immortal or does he have to make some sort of roll?
__________________
Top Dollar: "I feel like a little worm on a big f**king hook." Well, boy, your mama must be damn proud of you!
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Unread 12th of August, 2012, 00:36
Akuma's Avatar
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8278
Location: Japan
Posts: 1,211 (0.41 per day)
OOC: I don't know if Tom has met immortals in the past, but after seeing or being around when he died from the blast, then came back to life and started kicking ass, there are few choices that could fit the bill. If you think Tom has met an immortal in the past, the two will have the same aura, and no roll is needed.

If he hasn't, then he would be taking a guess, but you would be very confident that your bet would pay off.
__________________
Fear me, for I am HE-WHO-SLINGS--AT-OSCILLATING-DEVICES-AND LAUGHS AT THE RESULTS
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Unread 12th of August, 2012, 00:43
Akuma's Avatar
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8278
Location: Japan
Posts: 1,211 (0.41 per day)
IC: Adam

One of the dead is Abagail, the normal girl who was a teacher. Lee, the undying, is smoking a cigarette and unsure of what to do. Apparently, both of them were upstairs when the roof collapsed. Lee was lucky enough to survive, but Abagail didn't make it.

The owner, Mr. Watanabe is just glad you are okay, and unhurt. His daughter, Karen looks ready to chew nails, but is going on about hooligans. Apparently, the other dead were workers who were in the cemetary gravestone carving shop.

There isn't much of an upstairs. It will take time to sift through this stuff. It looks like something fell through the roof and collapsed several of the rooms. Apparently, when Trixie left with Nevemore, the luck went with her, and the room were smashed pretty thoroughly. It might have been a battle, who knows, but searching through the rooms may require you to either change forms to the Crinos forml or get construction machinery (chainsaw, wrecking ball, etc.)
__________________
Fear me, for I am HE-WHO-SLINGS--AT-OSCILLATING-DEVICES-AND LAUGHS AT THE RESULTS
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Unread 12th of August, 2012, 02:40
Spoogie's Avatar
Spoogie
Wraith

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Member: #8299
Location: in between
Posts: 687 (0.23 per day)
Adam will, breathe a sigh of relief that they are OK. He will talk to Lee, "You just stay here and relax for now, I'll find out what we are to do about our jobs and everything else."

OOC: No he is just going to let it go for now. Hopefully, it will be recovered later.

Well the Laptop would have saved some time. Adam will just have to take the extra steps.

Adam will head off to the town hall, looking for Ken-chan.
__________________
Top Dollar: "I feel like a little worm on a big f**king hook." Well, boy, your mama must be damn proud of you!
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Unread 14th of August, 2012, 00:41
Akuma's Avatar
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8278
Location: Japan
Posts: 1,211 (0.41 per day)
OOC: About Adam

Quick question. Since Adam is a garou, would you say that his sense of smell would be higher than those of normal people? I ask because, if he does have the ability to recognize scents in Homid form (I would expect it) then he should have noticed the scent of Ken-chan as one of those people who were severely injured at the book shop/next door to Karl's flower shop.

Of course, if you want to say that Adam is pretty absent-minded and might not notice the smell of blood and death coming from the back rooms of Karl's flower shop, and the presence of many spirits tending to people in the penumbra by the shop... then I guess its fair to say he'll go to city hall for Ken-chan... and only find Taka-chan, who will relay the message he was given by Tom in his broken Engrish.

Just curious...
__________________
Fear me, for I am HE-WHO-SLINGS--AT-OSCILLATING-DEVICES-AND LAUGHS AT THE RESULTS
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Unread 14th of August, 2012, 11:43
Spoogie's Avatar
Spoogie
Wraith

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Member: #8299
Location: in between
Posts: 687 (0.23 per day)
Hmmm, lets see. In homid form his sence of smell would be better than a normal human, but not by that much. If Adam were; for whatever reason; looking for someone (as in he didn't know where they were). and knew their scent, he could probably pick it up if there were no other overwhelming scents.

Now if you consider:
1. the many intense smells, including, smoke, gasoline, burning rubber, burning Flynn, BSD vomit, blood of many different people, Insence from the bookshop, etc. .
2. Adam is not aware that Ken-Chan was involved.
3. After leaving the shop, he realizes that Tom may have misrepresented what had happened. And is still trying to come to terms with this being his fault.

So no, I'm not saying that Adam is absent-minded but circumstantially distracted. So it's not outrageous to say he missed something that he wasn't looking for.
__________________
Top Dollar: "I feel like a little worm on a big f**king hook." Well, boy, your mama must be damn proud of you!
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Unread 15th of August, 2012, 03:01
Spoogie's Avatar
Spoogie
Wraith

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Member: #8299
Location: in between
Posts: 687 (0.23 per day)
IC: So Adam will eventually make it to the City Hall. At this point, Adam is already pretty sure that there will not be any work today, maybe for a couple of weeks. After getting the story from Taka. Including about the meeting, (as busy as he is, Taka probably didn't go into detail.

Adam will offer to help Taka get out of the office unnoticed.

OOC: Is there a computer here that Adam could use to get on the internet?
__________________
Top Dollar: "I feel like a little worm on a big f**king hook." Well, boy, your mama must be damn proud of you!
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Unread 15th of August, 2012, 22:37
Akuma's Avatar
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8278
Location: Japan
Posts: 1,211 (0.41 per day)
OOC: Okay, makes sense. Adam's nose was on overload. BTW, you mentioned burning Flynn. that's a smell that might come back to Adam later in the morning, before the meeting... Last he saw, Flynn was gone. Now the smell is back... and toasted.

IC: Basically, Taka and the other staff are just calling every single household that has a kid and is systematically checking off who's alive, and informing them that there's no school today.

Because of the chaos, I'd say the computers in the Board of Education are being used, but mostly to just find a list of people and print them out. You could muscle or talk your way onto a computer if you try hard enough, but try not to surf a porn site or something that might make them think you aren't doing something important.

Taka is taking over for Ken-chan wh was injured, so he can't leave till just about meeting time, and he's not sure he can even make that on time, but will try.
__________________
Fear me, for I am HE-WHO-SLINGS--AT-OSCILLATING-DEVICES-AND LAUGHS AT THE RESULTS
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Unread 15th of August, 2012, 22:42
Akuma's Avatar
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8278
Location: Japan
Posts: 1,211 (0.41 per day)
IC: FYI only. Sometime around about sunrise, a bunch of old women, mostly housewives and grandmas show up and start handing out rice balls, paper cups of tea, and blankets to all the people standing around. they aren't the red cross, but the next best thing.

They will offer the basic fair to both Flynn and Quin along with all of those in this realm of life. Flynn's still burned crispy (clothing-wise at the very least). So they are going to push for you to accept a blanket till clothing can be found.

Now if you want to push the Arcane for not being noticed, then it wll work and they will just offer to Quin.

JUST FYI
__________________
Fear me, for I am HE-WHO-SLINGS--AT-OSCILLATING-DEVICES-AND LAUGHS AT THE RESULTS
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Unread 16th of August, 2012, 08:15
Spoogie's Avatar
Spoogie
Wraith

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Member: #8299
Location: in between
Posts: 687 (0.23 per day)
What Adam wants to do will take less than a minute. Hell try to convey this to whomever is there, and see if he can slip in when they run over to the printer. All he wants to do is google the address of the Connecticut State Library in Hartford.
__________________
Top Dollar: "I feel like a little worm on a big f**king hook." Well, boy, your mama must be damn proud of you!
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Unread 16th of August, 2012, 11:27
Spoogie's Avatar
Spoogie
Wraith

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Member: #8299
Location: in between
Posts: 687 (0.23 per day)
After that Adam will wait for Taka to go to the meeting.

Tom will continue on to the Tiger tribe, (if he spots Flynn on the way he will stop to talk to him).
__________________
Top Dollar: "I feel like a little worm on a big f**king hook." Well, boy, your mama must be damn proud of you!
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Unread 16th of August, 2012, 12:30
lawwnum's Avatar
lawwnum
Crimson Death

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8286
Location: where I am
Posts: 1,217 (0.41 per day)
QUINCY:
IC: Quinc looks at the rice ball and cup of tea with obvious distaste..

In English...British accented english...

"And what the bloody hell is this? "

Casting a glance at Flynn but getting no reaction...

"errrrrr thank you ladies but ...I think I'll happily starve instead."


FLYNN:
OOC: No he's not pushing the Arcane thing right now...just deep in thought...

IC: It takes a few moments before the ladies finally break through and get his attention...

Taking the tea and riceball he thanks them ..

In perfect japanses..

"Thank you ladies..dont mind my freind there...he's a bit slow and antisocial."

Then to Quinc..

"Just take it you ungrateful wretch...they are trying ot help in the only way they can."

OOC: FLynn fully intends to just sit there until one of 2 things happen...either night falls or someone comes looking for him about what happened...he's expecting Carl, but will wait for now.

QUINCY:
IC:raising an eyebrow at Flynn, he nevertheless reaches out and takes the riceball and tea from the women...takes a sniff of each when the ladies turn away andtosses both over his shoulder..

"I thought they were supposed to have the best beef in the world around here..and they offer us riceball......"
"
__________________
You ever dance with the Devil by the pale Moonlight?

Last edited by lawwnum; 16th of August, 2012 at 12:36.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Unread 16th of August, 2012, 23:15
Akuma's Avatar
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8278
Location: Japan
Posts: 1,211 (0.41 per day)
To Adam: No problem. You can google the address (unless there's some reason I don't know about).

To Tom: So far, it seems that Flynn and Quin are still standing about in exactly the same spot they were left in.

To Flynn: Guessing Flynn didn't try looking for Karl? Anyone inside either the flower shop (like his wife) or the bookshop/makeshift hospital would tell you of Karl's teetering on the edge of death.
__________________
Fear me, for I am HE-WHO-SLINGS--AT-OSCILLATING-DEVICES-AND LAUGHS AT THE RESULTS
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Unread 17th of August, 2012, 00:38
Spoogie's Avatar
Spoogie
Wraith

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Member: #8299
Location: in between
Posts: 687 (0.23 per day)
a To Adam: No problem. You can google the address (unless there's some reason I don't know about).
No reason that I can think of.

To Tom: So far, it seems that Flynn and Quin are still standing about in exactly the same spot they were left in.
Understand, assuming that they are on the way to the Tiger tribe.

IC: Walking down the street, Tom is deftly aware of the Chaos that is forming within the town. As he approaches the flower-shop, he sees the two strangers that helped out in the battle. He stops waves slightly, and goes over to them, in a very chipper Japaneese <Good morning, I'm glad your both OK. I'm sorry we didn't have time to talk earlier, I wanted to thank you for your help last night. Oh, but where are my manners, I am Thomas Arashikage, I maintain the Budist temple here in Mura-Cho. I heard from Carl last night that some new blood had come to the town but didn't tell me much else.>
__________________
Top Dollar: "I feel like a little worm on a big f**king hook." Well, boy, your mama must be damn proud of you!
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Unread 17th of August, 2012, 13:51
lawwnum's Avatar
lawwnum
Crimson Death

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8286
Location: where I am
Posts: 1,217 (0.41 per day)
QUINCY:
IC: Quin looks up at the new-comer babbling at him for a moment...then recognizes him from last night...

"I have NO bloody clue what you just said..but you welcome for the assist last night..now where are the damn leeches hiding at?"


FLYNN:
IC: being drawn from his revelry...He looks up at the new-comer...looking him over carefully...giving Quin a raised eyebrow at his outburst...then back to Tom...

In Japanese

"your welcome for the assistance..where is Carl...I expected to see him by now."

OOC: I will be postiing a Flashback for Flynn by tomorrowgiving a hint into his current state of mind..

Akuma if you recall a mail I sent you ..well months ago now..it will be closely along those lines..
__________________
You ever dance with the Devil by the pale Moonlight?
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Unread 18th of August, 2012, 09:52
Spoogie's Avatar
Spoogie
Wraith

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Member: #8299
Location: in between
Posts: 687 (0.23 per day)
Looking at Quincy with one eyebrow raised he says in perfect English, "You do not speak Japanese, how odd. But yes, I do appreciate your help." Looking to Flynn, "No one had told you? Carl has been gravely injured, they don't expect him to last long. He is in the back of the Flower shop behind you."

Back to Quincy, "If your looking for leaches, you might as well hang around here, we have something they want. So I'm sure there will be many more."

To both, "By the way, I am Thomas Arashikage, I didn't catch your names."
__________________
Top Dollar: "I feel like a little worm on a big f**king hook." Well, boy, your mama must be damn proud of you!
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Unread 18th of August, 2012, 13:31
lawwnum's Avatar
lawwnum
Crimson Death

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8286
Location: where I am
Posts: 1,217 (0.41 per day)
QUINCY:
IC: "Odd? Why? you think everybloodybody speaks this jibberish? Please..now as for the leeches. Im actually looking for one imparticular...most likely their leader..you wouldn't happen to know where I can find him would you?"

As he says this..Quincy pulls out his Bowie knife..checking the blades sharpness.a look of expectancy in his eyes...

"Well you did nt catch them because we didint throw them...now as for the directions to that leech..."

FLYNN:
IC: Standing up... he shakes his head..and puts his weapons away..the gun in the band of whats left of his pants..

" I should of known..the stupid pup would go and get himself just about killed..AGAIN."

And without another word to either Quinc or Tom.he heads into the Flower shop..
__________________
You ever dance with the Devil by the pale Moonlight?

Last edited by lawwnum; 18th of August, 2012 at 13:44.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Unread 18th of August, 2012, 14:23
Spoogie's Avatar
Spoogie
Wraith

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Member: #8299
Location: in between
Posts: 687 (0.23 per day)
QUINCY:
IC: "Odd? Why? you think everybloodybody speaks this jibberish? Please..now as for the leeches. Im actually looking for one imparticular...most likely their leader..you wouldn't happen to know where I can find him would you?"

As he says this..Quincy pulls out his Bowie knife..checking the blades sharpness.a look of expectancy in his eyes...

"Well you did nt catch them because we didint throw them...now as for the directions to that leech..."
backing up a little with a smile, "Well in Japan, most people do actually speak this jiberish, well except for tourists, but then again we cut them a bit of slack. But that's not what I thought was odd. You seemed to know what I was saying even though you didn't."

Putting his hand to his chin, and scratching a bit with a bit of a thinking scowl, "Now this leach your looking for, do you happen to know his name? Any information you can give me would likely be helpful. I have some sources I could check with..."
__________________
Top Dollar: "I feel like a little worm on a big f**king hook." Well, boy, your mama must be damn proud of you!
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Unread 19th of August, 2012, 13:03
lawwnum's Avatar
lawwnum
Crimson Death

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8286
Location: where I am
Posts: 1,217 (0.41 per day)
QUINCY:
IC: Looking at Tom with a puzzled expression..

"I might not be from around here..but Im not am idiot..and I recognize you from last night. And actually I wasnt responding to you..just saying my thing..but whatever ..now as for the leech in question..."

OOC: going to leave that for the moment...since Akuma andI havent worked out all those details quite yet.
__________________
You ever dance with the Devil by the pale Moonlight?
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Unread 19th of August, 2012, 13:40
lawwnum's Avatar
lawwnum
Crimson Death

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8286
Location: where I am
Posts: 1,217 (0.41 per day)
FLYNN:
IC: Prior to Tom's arrival
Cue cut scene to the past...

1891 somewhere in the deep south USA

Flynn is standing with Adam's great grandfather(Moon runner), his son (Adam's grandfather "Chases the sun") in the background..

Moon Runner- "Go with him Baljeet, he is a good one..but needs guidance.
Flynn- I will Runner, it is the least I owe the family..besides I doubt he will be worse then you

with a shared laugh they shake hands and Flynn walks over to Chases the Sun

Flynn-Ok pup..where shall we go?
Chases- ummmmm Im not sure...hows south sound?
Flynn- Fine with me..well lets get going we have alot of ground to cover then..

Forward a month..a month filled with less then happy discussions

Flynn and Chases are walking down an old road..and are nearly run over by a family of blacks running the other way..followed by a gang of about 8 wearing white sheets..the family is quickly over run and a beating ensues..
Chases senses that the men in sheet(Klu Klux Klanmen) are all tainted by the Wyrm, promting them to intervene..Flynn and Chases easily manage to best the KKK..Flynn killing the 5 he fightss...Chases only wounding his 3.
When Flynn goes to finish them Chases stops him allowing the KKKmen to get away..

Flynn- You stupid pup..you think they would of spared either of us or this poor family? Mark my words..this will only get worse now.
Chases- Look I know your more experienced..but I just dont see why you want to kill everyone..they got a good hiding..they wont be backto bother anyone anytime soon.
Flynn- I pray to Shiva your right Pup...

The family thanks our intrepid travelers..and asks them to come with them so they can thank them properly..saying they live nearby and Flyyn and Chases will be more then welcome to stay the night. Not wishing to insult their hospitality.Flynn and Chases agree. Following the family through the woods for several miles..in a convoluted path that even has Flynn slightly confused. Finally opening onto a little valley wiht a small town in it.

A town of all former slaves

There is a welcoming party of sorts and Flynn and Chases bed down for the night..only to be awoken a short time later by the sounds of gunshots and screaming. Running out they find the town being attacked by a group of about 60 KKKmen. The battle is pitched only Chases giving any quarter in battle. in the end all 60 Klansmen are dead..and over 400 freemen, women and children of the town. As they survey the bodies..Flynn discovers the 3 men Chases let go. Stopping to talk to the only one still breathing..Flynn learns that they sent one back for reinforcments and the other 2 followed..hoping for a chance to ambush them, sending for even more reinforcements when the town was found. Finishing by spitting in Flynns face before dying

Furious.Flynn grabs Chases and shows him the 3 he let live..

Flynn- You SEE them? You SEE all these innocents laying dead around you?!?! Their blood is ALL on your hands.You CANT be merciful to those with NONE themselves.

And that is when Tomas shows up...
__________________
You ever dance with the Devil by the pale Moonlight?
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Unread 20th of August, 2012, 00:47
Akuma's Avatar
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8278
Location: Japan
Posts: 1,211 (0.41 per day)
Well, while this surely keeps Flynn's blood boiling, the question is how to convey that message to Adam, who seems to have missed the battle, and be totally devoid of any sense of responsibility towards what happened.
__________________
Fear me, for I am HE-WHO-SLINGS--AT-OSCILLATING-DEVICES-AND LAUGHS AT THE RESULTS
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Unread 20th of August, 2012, 00:49
Akuma's Avatar
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8278
Location: Japan
Posts: 1,211 (0.41 per day)
OOC: Let me know if/when you need anything.
__________________
Fear me, for I am HE-WHO-SLINGS--AT-OSCILLATING-DEVICES-AND LAUGHS AT THE RESULTS
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Unread 20th of August, 2012, 03:23
Spoogie's Avatar
Spoogie
Wraith

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Member: #8299
Location: in between
Posts: 687 (0.23 per day)
OOC: Adam certainly feels bad for not being there to to help in the fight, but he doesn't feel responsible that the fight happened. Right now, Adam will be more concerned about food, clothing and a place to stay till the hostel is repaired. He didn't have much in the hostel; money and the laptop were probably the only things he could use. His other concern is for his plan for to-nite's caper.

OOC: I guess we'll assume Quincy gave Tom what information that he has (whatever is decided upon). Since neither one of them decided to introduce themselves, there is nothing more to do there.

Tom will excuse himself and head off to the Tiger Clan.
__________________
Top Dollar: "I feel like a little worm on a big f**king hook." Well, boy, your mama must be damn proud of you!

Last edited by Spoogie; 20th of August, 2012 at 04:21.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Unread 22nd of August, 2012, 01:25
Akuma's Avatar
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8278
Location: Japan
Posts: 1,211 (0.41 per day)
OOC: I'm gonna guess that neither Flynn nor Quinn attempt to stop Tom, so I will say Tom is able to leave and arrive at the home of the Tiger Clan. It's a large compound with a stone wall, and pagoda-like roofs.

The servants know you, and will admit you, but as that you wait in one of the guest rooms. The old master is now dead, and a successer hasn't been named. Both the female cat girl, Mistress Madoka, and the Wolf Master Caius were studying under the Tiger (who had no living kin to bequeath his title to).

Honor dictates that they must fight to determine who is stronger. The wolf is clearly a better warrior. He claims not to want the leadership, but honor is honor, and battle must be made. Also, there is a problem with the girl, Madoka already in a challenge with another wolf, a new arrival named Adam. She must fight and win against both before a clan leader can be named.

The servant shrugs. It is pure Japanese to shrug and say "Shoganai" (It can't be helped). Would Tom like some more green tea?
__________________
Fear me, for I am HE-WHO-SLINGS--AT-OSCILLATING-DEVICES-AND LAUGHS AT THE RESULTS
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Unread 22nd of August, 2012, 01:32
Akuma's Avatar
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8278
Location: Japan
Posts: 1,211 (0.41 per day)
OOC: FLYNN

C: Standing up... he shakes his head..and puts his weapons away..the gun in the band of whats left of his pants..

" I should of known..the stupid pup would go and get himself just about killed..AGAIN."

And without another word to either Quinc or Tom.he heads into the Flower shop..
So what will Flynn do when he goes into the Flower shop? It isn't hard to find the wife. She's crying into her apron. Beyond her, on a pallet is Karl's body. A white sheet covers the body, and a separate smaller sheet covers the face. There is no motion. It's clear that Carl has died.
__________________
Fear me, for I am HE-WHO-SLINGS--AT-OSCILLATING-DEVICES-AND LAUGHS AT THE RESULTS
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 06:47.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren