Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Akuma's Games > The Mysteries of Mura-Cho, Japan

Unread 4th of January, 2013, 19:06
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

Member: #8278
OOC: Happy New Year! I'm finally back.

First the easy part: For Flynn: the Awareness roll points out that someone is still living in the house, and that there are more than your average security precautions on the entrances. Your expertise in such matters tells you that there are some claymores wired to the windows, and likely something similar to the door. Now, they weren't there before when you passed through the first time, and Akhmed was still alive. That means someone in the family is still in the explosives business, though not as trained as you, or perhaps even as good as ahmed. Wires are still exposed near the window.
Unread 4th of January, 2013, 19:24
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

OOC: Now for the hard part.

Spoogie, the original mystery was kind of blown out as the game changed due to the way the game went. this happens. Original mystery was what made the town unique and worthy of protecting. The answer to that has been revealed, that this is an access point for different levels in the etheral onion. Whoever controls this can manipulate what the next layer will be and have access to past levels.

The castle was created by the White Howlers who first discovered the relevence of this place and created the castle as a way of creating a barrier to protect it from outside influence. But they are weakening in power for some reason. Is it due to something they are doing, or is it due to the effects of the Weaver/Wyrm forces building the nuclear powerplant near by?

So at this point, the game's direction has become focussed on two points as I can see it. One is defeating the power plant denizens, the other is reinforcing the power of the wolves or at least finding a way to reinforce their power. Now reinforcing will require more than just Tom and the Dragon Lady adding power to the shield. that's the equivalent of the Little Dutch Boy sticking his finger in the hole in the wall.. It will hold back the ocean for a while, but is only a temporary solution and someone needs to get into the castle and fix the wall.

Those are the objectives of the game as it has evolved over the course of how people played it out.

Originally, I had envisioned a more mystery/investigation style game, but that isn't how the game unfolded (no complaints), so I adjusted to fit the actions of the characters.

What can Adam do? He can figure a way to repel the enemy forces when they come in force. Or he can find a way to get into the castle without dying in the attempt, or any other options you can come up with to deal with the situation. I wonder what the "Smoker" in your private hotel would have to say on the matter...

Tom seems more likely to be the leader of the people above the penumbra, while Adam can work below, or whatever you see fit.

Does this give you a clearer vision of the game and where we are in perspective to finishing the game?
Unread 6th of January, 2013, 19:20
Spoogie
Wraith

Member: #8299
Hello again, welcome back, Merry Christmas and happy new year.

So what your saying is that this whole line of inquiry, is really not going to go anywhere. And the only useful information is inside the castle. Alright then, I will put forth things that Adam will want to do and you can then tell me if you will allow it, if rolls are needed and what the difficulty will be. And if these things can be done before sunset. And in the order listed.

1. Ask whale if he knows of a spirit that can absorb other spirits abilities, This question is aimed at finding a spirit to make a sword out of. The wooden one that has been prepared at the motel. much like Inuyasha's sword Tessaiga. If Adam makes the sword himself it will cost a great deal (there are rules on this in the book), as such it should be much more powerful than if the smith made it. As such, I would like it to absorb a spirits power and abilities. Again if you won't allow this I will just move along to something else.

2. Go to the castle and see if Adam can draw out of the barrier, a time spirit. And see if it will teach him something worth while (gift).

3. Go to the spirit smith, and have him make a sword that can kill the mosquito spirits without hurting the host.

4. Spending experience points on the bond between Adam and Red Flame. How much do I have to spend and what do I get? Mental link? Spirit abilities?

There are other things that Adam has planned (Dean and the other) but I will wait to see how these things pan out.
Unread 7th of January, 2013, 04:04
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

OOC: You have some good ideas, but it will take me some time to mull over some things. Are you looking for a spirit that is similar to leech from X-Men (kid that just absorbs all mutant abilities, nullifying them when they are within range)? Or are you looking to absorb and reflect said spirit abilities back. Will the effect be limited to touch, range or permanent?

If I remember how things worked with magic and apply them to magic weapons, the more it does, the more difficult it is to make. It's kind of related to the mages coincidental fears. If the sword does more and more blatent things, bigger area, for longer time, then it takes longer to make, more difficult to use etc. etc.

If it is limited in scope, such as temporarily (one scene) negating someone's abilities with a successful hit and spending of gnosis, then it will be much easier to pull off than to say have an area effect weapon that nullifies everyone in a 10 foot radius (for example).

If you can deal with just nullifying, then a weapon can be worked up quickly. If you want the more fancy features, then it will take more time and energy (experience, etc.)

Also, Inu Yasha, and Ichigo of bleach both started outwith blades that had limited abilities, then later worked on them and poured their souls into them to make them more powerful. just FYI.

As to the experience thing, I will have to go back and look around to see if you sent me any changes for Adam since the last mass experience haul. What do you want from your bond? Just a two-way, or are you going to merge into one being, borrow abilites,. what?

Let's answer this first then go to the nxt part.
Unread 7th of January, 2013, 08:16
Spoogie
Wraith

“ Are you looking for a spirit that is similar to leech from X-Men (kid that just absorbs all mutant abilities, nullifying them when they are within range)? Or are you looking to absorb and reflect said spirit abilities back. Will the effect be limited to touch, range or permanent? ”
If you want to equate it to an X-man then it would be more like Rogue than anyone else. (I don't know if you remember a few years back, Rogue figured out how to controle her abilities to be able to access any of the abilities that she had gained over the years). The sword itself could Absorb abilities for use immediately or later Adam's discretion. Basically once the sword gets a new ability, it doesn't loose it.

The way I see it, as far as game rules go, evey time there is a successful attack role, there is a % chance (D100) that the sword will acquire a new ability, lets say I have to roll above some number. if a 0% is rolled that ability can never be learned, if a 100% is rolled it becomes innate and no roll is needed to activate. One way we could play it would be that the first attempt the roll must be at least 80%, successive attempts would reduce the difficulty by 10%. Or the rolls could be cumulative.
As spirits take damage by reducing their power rating, the damage done to a spirit would be absorbed as gnosis for the sword.

The only other thing that I want to do is be able to communicate with the sword. So Adam can find out quickly what ability it gained and how to use it.

Starting out the sword will have no abilities outside the ability to absorb and communicate. Like Inuyasha sword it would take time to increase it's strength

“ If I remember how things worked with magic and apply them to magic weapons, the more it does, the more difficult it is to make. It's kind of related to the mages coincidental fears. If the sword does more and more blatent things, bigger area, for longer time, then it takes longer to make, more difficult to use etc. etc. ”
Well this is not a magical weapon, think of it more as a Werewolf Gift made into a weapon. As far as rules of usage, they would fall into that category.

“ As to the experience thing, I will have to go back and look around to see if you sent me any changes for Adam since the last mass experience haul. What do you want from your bond? Just a two-way, or are you going to merge into one being, borrow abilities,. what? ”
I haven't spent XP since character creation. As for the bond, You never said what was available. Although merging doesn't sound like a bad idea. what are we talking about in cost.
Unread 8th of January, 2013, 11:52
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

OOC: Sorry for the hold on progress, I'll try to wrap this diversion up as fast as possible.

“ Well this is not a magical weapon, think of it more as a Werewolf Gift made into a weapon. As far as rules of usage, they would fall into that category. ”
It sounds like a magical weapon to me. Can you find a Gift in Werewolf that would be the equivalent to your idea? That will help for deciding levels.

I am reading your requirements for this sword to be:
1. absorb/block enemy abilities (still not sure if it is to be temporary or permanent)
2. Remember and reflect/ use absorbed abilities (immediate/later)
3. Have a communication ability

So you are looking for a spirit who can mimic others' abilities? Maybe one can be found, but it will be hard to convince it to give up its life and become your weapon. However, I have just come up with an alternative idea: Sacrifice Red Flame.

Why?
1. he owes you his life, so you could ask him to sacrifice/devote his soul to your weapon in order to help you. It'll be faster than requiring you to go on a spirit quest to convince some stranger spirit to do the same.
2. Fox spirits are natural at magic and he might be able to copy others' abilities.

3. It would possibly solve some of the ill feelings that abound concerning his loss of honor. A sacrifice made to protect the town would be honorable.

I am not sure I will go with a starting ability of 20% success (80%+) for initial usage, but It's worth considering to have the ability be successful by rolls rather than by automatic success.

If you agree with the idea of using Red Flame, you should think about how to word your appeal to him. The better/more convincing the arguement, the lower the difficulty.

FYI: the prepared wooden sword you got from the sword shop has a spirit in it that hasn't been accessed yet (If I remember correctly, the wooden sword was chosen much like Harry Potter choosing a wand, which had the pheonix spirit inside. This one also has a spirit inside, so using it, will require the new spirit (Red Flame or other) to fuze with it and that may have future effects.
Unread 8th of January, 2013, 14:18
Spoogie
Wraith

“ It sounds like a magical weapon to me. Can you find a Gift in Werewolf that would be the equivalent to your idea? That will help for deciding levels. ”
OK, I'll explain it another way.
1. Gnosis - is the source of werewolves power. Gnosis is also another word for knowledge. This is not a coincidence. This relates to spirits because everything that werewolves can do is because either spirits make it happen (every ritual and rite requires the summoning of spirits) or they are taught by spirits (all gifts). A spirit needs to be able to perform a gift in order to teach it (although they call them abilities).

2. Japan and your world. You are the authority on what spirits exist in your world, you should know if such a spirit exists.

3. As far as the books go, werewolves and spirits have a non-hostile relationship. There is more of a tendency for spirits to help albeit they tend to expect something in return. But Japan/ your town, the rules don't seem to apply.

“ I am reading your requirements for this sword to be:
1. absorb/block enemy abilities (still not sure if it is to be temporary or permanent)
2. Remember and reflect/ use absorbed abilities (immediate/later)
3. Have a communication ability
”
To clarify,
1. A successful attack roll (with the sword) will draw an ability from the target. if your going to make it temporary then stop now because it will not be worth the effort.
2. Ability to recall and use abilities that have been learned. [a lot of the Final Fantasy games have something called enemy skill, it would be a lot like that]
3. Communication ability. primarily this is a way to speed up game play, instead of spending months trying to figure out what the ability is and how to use it. Also it can add to the roleplaying aspect [who doesn't like a talking sword].

“ So you are looking for a spirit who can mimic others' abilities? Maybe one can be found, but it will be hard to convince it to give up its life and become your weapon. ”
You do realize that when a werewolf makes a weapon, they don't sacrifice a spirit. The spirit is only bound to the weapon. This is why tallons are so much easier to make (since they are one shot - and then the spirit is released). If Adam can find a spirit that can do what I want, he would bargain with the spirit, I think if Adam tells the spirit that if the spirit agrees to participate, Adam will work to increase the Spirits power. And as a added bonus, if the spirit keeps his end of the contract [In the rest of the world spirits always are true to contracts, but in Japan... I don't know] that he will be released upon Adam's death. So either way he doesn't have anything to loose.

As far as finding a spirit, Adam was just talking to the leader of the spirit people, if one exists, the whale should know about it. It is up to you how difficult you want to make it.

“ However, I have just come up with an alternative idea: Sacrifice Red Flame.
1. he owes you his life, so you could ask him to sacrifice/devote his soul to your weapon in order to help you. It'll be faster than requiring you to go on a spirit quest to convince some stranger spirit to do the same.
2. Fox spirits are natural at magic and he might be able to copy others' abilities.
3. It would possibly solve some of the ill feelings that abound concerning his loss of honor. A sacrifice made to protect the town would be honorable.
”
That just feels too iffy. I would much rather keep Red Flame as a separate issue.

“ I am not sure I will go with a starting ability of 20% success (80%+) for initial usage, but It's worth considering to have the ability be successful by rolls rather than by automatic success. ”
We want to be solid on what the rules are going to be before we begin. Considering that it will start off without any offensive or defensive abilities (It does not block or deflect abilities) other than it being a sword. A 20% chance of capturing an ability, not activating a new ability for the first time. That I would expect to be more difficult, especially in the middle of battle.

“ FYI: the prepared wooden sword you got from the sword shop has a spirit in it that hasn't been accessed yet (If I remember correctly, the wooden sword was chosen much like Harry Potter choosing a wand, which had the pheonix spirit inside. This one also has a spirit inside, so using it, will require the new spirit (Red Flame or other) to fuze with it and that may have future effects. ”
I do remember trying to wake it but nothing happened, and since he used the rite spirit awakening, if it didn't wake, then either you missed it, or it's not there. Because Adam would not have gone to the trouble of cleansing if the spirit was going to be uncooperative. Since all things have spirits in them (according to the rules), I think this is accounted for in the rules for making fetishes (I mentioned it before but it is worth repeating, making a fetish requires the spending of permanent Gnosis), we'll go over that fully when all the pieces are in place.
Unread 10th of January, 2013, 04:38
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

OOC:

Okay, I've gone through the books I have on Japanese spirits, Yokai, Kitsune, etc. I couldn't find any that directly said they stole the powers of another being. The Japanese spirits tend to be more tricksters than overt types. invisibility, and shape changing, yes. But not exactly what you are asking for.

Also, getting worked up about interpretations of what you want the blade to do and what I can allow it to do will take forever.

Therefore let's stop here with that request for permanently copying enemy abilities and move on to different ideas, namely the wooden sword. While I'm sure there's an explanation in the past for withholding what the sword could do, or how awake it was or how happy it was, etc. I don't remember it, and would rather move the game along now towards its conclusion...

As far as the wooden sword's spirit is concerned, it is a spirit of the "O-Kami" which is a white wolf. (Actually, the word O-Kami has a double meaning of wolf and greater spirit; thus the owner's interest...) As far as communicating with it, I dont remember what was tried. Let's say you sit down and meditate with it, (which I'll say you did at the hotel with Red Flame... or now when the stars moon and plot points align..heh heh) and all is revealed.

The spirit at this time has two abilities to start with (until experience in battle raises it). Dream of a thousand cranes (Roll Charisma + Occult difficulty 6). The number of successes gained can add the same number of die rolls to one and only one chosen action for one scene. Basically, its like getting that heroic extra something to pull of an action, but only one.

the 2nd ability is the Storm Winds Slash. (Spend 1 gnosis and roll Dex + Melee Difficulty 7 as an attack). The effect is that opponents up to 50 meters away can be slashed as if hit by a blade. It is NOT aggravated damage, but it can effect spirits. Thus it CAN be used against Mosquito spirits, but it won't kill the werewolf host. It can still hurt a normal human as if that person were hit by a normal steel katana (that's the efffect even if you are using a wooden sword). the attack as stated is melee based, and it can be dodged.

Okay?
Unread 10th of January, 2013, 14:24
lawwnum
Crimson Death

Member: #8286
OOC: In the interest of getting somewhere before I retire....

Spoogie is looking to have his sword perform the level 5 Ragabash gift
"Thieving talons of the Magpie"

Which is only a short term temporary ability theft, but HE wants it permanent..af far as that goes..good luck to both of you on working through that in what shoudl be only a few hours of game world time

FLYNN:
IC:Looking at the cleverly but incompletely concealed explosives..He puts out an arm stopping Caius in his tracks..

"DO be careful my friend..it seems Ahmed's previous occupation runs in the family..Icount at least 3 explosive suprises in this area alone. Which actually is a good thing, I was hoping to find some goodies like this here. Just stored not set for visiters."
Unread 10th of January, 2013, 14:34
lawwnum
Crimson Death

OOC: Also to Spoogie..without going through the hassle of looking through several pages of posts....Akuma has stated at least 3 or 4 times about using the 'immortal" to peek through the Castle barrier as only he would likely survive it, also several times the term "White Howlers " has come up..which should get ANY real Garou excited and pumped up especially one that is VERY and HEAVILY interested in lore and unusual information, not to mention the HEAPS of Renown for locating a lost tribe. BUT ...... no..... your looking ot pump up a toothpick...sigh...

FLYNN:
OOC: Ok now that he knows there are some unexpected suprises waiting around here..he will look again..MUCH more crefullly

49 per+awareness again....if you need or want a diff roll let me know
Unread 10th of January, 2013, 19:02
Spoogie
Wraith

GG - Adam is very interested in talking to the White Howlers. But at this point they are not very accessible, and the only immortal that Adam knows is (at least as far as Adam knows) not interested in helping.
Unread 11th of January, 2013, 05:07
Spoogie
Wraith

“ OOCkay, I've gone through the books I have on Japanese spirits, Yokai, Kitsune, etc. I couldn't find any that directly said they stole the powers of another being. The Japanese spirits tend to be more tricksters than overt types. invisibility, and shape changing, yes. But not exactly what you are asking for.

Also, getting worked up about interpretations of what you want the blade to do and what I can allow it to do will take forever.

Therefore let's stop here with that request for permanently copying enemy abilities and move on to different ideas, namely the wooden sword. While I'm sure there's an explanation in the past for withholding what the sword could do, or how awake it was or how happy it was, etc. I don't remember it, and would rather move the game along now towards its conclusion...
”
I understand where your coming from, but you have to understand that I have been roleplaying this character for the better part of 2 years with making a fetish as his main goal. I'm willing to compromise on some things like maybe there are only 4 or 5 slots for abilities. But I can not waiver on absorbing Gnosis (and being able to use it like a battery).

“ As far as the wooden sword's spirit is concerned, it is a spirit of the "O-Kami" which is a white wolf. (Actually, the word O-Kami has a double meaning of wolf and greater spirit; thus the owner's interest...) As far as communicating with it, I dont remember what was tried. Let's say you sit down and meditate with it, (which I'll say you did at the hotel with Red Flame... or now when the stars moon and plot points align..heh heh) and all is revealed.

The spirit at this time has two abilities to start with (until experience in battle raises it). Dream of a thousand cranes (Roll Charisma + Occult difficulty 6). The number of successes gained can add the same number of die rolls to one and only one chosen action for one scene. Basically, its like getting that heroic extra something to pull of an action, but only one.

the 2nd ability is the Storm Winds Slash. (Spend 1 gnosis and roll Dex + Melee Difficulty 7 as an attack). The effect is that opponents up to 50 meters away can be slashed as if hit by a blade. It is NOT aggravated damage, but it can effect spirits. Thus it CAN be used against Mosquito spirits, but it won't kill the werewolf host. It can still hurt a normal human as if that person were hit by a normal steel katana (that's the efffect even if you are using a wooden sword). the attack as stated is melee based, and it can be dodged.
”
Well, that's fine for the wooden sword, what hurts werewolves is all the gifts and other things that require gnosis to activate. Right now Adam has 4. which basically means that after a couple of rounds of fighting, he is either done for the day, or becomes much less effective in battle, and if he faces of against an invasion, especially against BSDs, he'll need as much Gnosis and rage as he can get.
Unread 12th of January, 2013, 02:55
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

“ Spoogie is looking to have his sword perform the level 5 Ragabash gift
"Thieving talons of the Magpie"

Which is only a short term temporary ability theft, but HE wants it permanent..af far as that goes..good luck to both of you on working through that in what shoudl be only a few hours of game world time
”
OOC: thanks for the heads up. Ahhh, that reminds me of the old days of the nuisha ability of stealing the forgotten. I remember how that was used...

Sorry Spoogie, a level 5 ability plus making it permanent is not going to be made within a few game hours before the night time battle starts. I understand that you would like to make it, and you can probably get a nice blade to make it in, but not right now. First of all, that level 5 ragabash ability is from a book I don't have /read as/ it's a western ability that's not available around these parts. I am using the hengeyokai book for what the spirits can do here.

Now, if we ever get this mura-cho/reactor problem dealt with, the grateful spirits will help you with what you ask for, and you'll be able to have the time to forge it. then if you want to use it back in Arizona... that's another game.

Of course, there IS as was reminded... a bunch of White Howlers nearby. If Adam was ever able to make peace with Flynn and have him go through the barrier, the White Howlers might have the ability to make just such a blade. and have the Time spirits to create it in time for battle.... but I'm guessing that's not in the cards right now, so let's just go with what we have.

However, as to Adam's limited gnosis: you do have 30 Experience points, right? You could pour those points into gnosis. the original rules said current level X 2 will raise you 1 point. This is your chance to raise your character's abilities.
Unread 12th of January, 2013, 03:06
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

“ FLYNN:
IC:Looking at the cleverly but incompletely concealed explosives..He puts out an arm stopping Caius in his tracks..

"DO be careful my friend..it seems Ahmed's previous occupation runs in the family..Icount at least 3 explosive suprises in this area alone. Which actually is a good thing, I was hoping to find some goodies like this here. Just stored not set for visiters."
”
Caius will pull his hand back as if scalded. "I am not liking explodings. You open the door."

“ FLYNN:
OOC: Ok now that he knows there are some unexpected suprises waiting around here..he will look again..MUCH more crefullly

49 per+awareness again....if you need or want a diff roll let me know
”
OOC: That's good enough for now. No other explosives in the house, but what he does learn is that there is a much more subtle set of wires that leads to a cell phone transmitter. Basically, whoever did this can remotely detonate the explosives, and/or would know if they were detonated. Also there are some hidden explosives (claymores) around the back yard and mail box. If this place went up, it would really go up and take half the block with it.

Yes, you get a flashback to some of the ops you ran in Pakistan against Ahmed.

Next, you can decide how you want to proceed. Explosives role for disarming, b&E skills... Note that through the window, the interior of this part of the house looks... lived in. Someone is likely still living in here. they might be back.
Unread 12th of January, 2013, 05:20
Spoogie
Wraith

OK well move on to the next item on the list. (Post #253)

A thought, I had, would it be possible to have the spirit smith, make a shield (like Captain America's - but not red/white/blue) that can absorb energy and convert it to gnosis?
Unread 14th of January, 2013, 03:00
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

OOC:

Okay, so Post # 253 Number 1, scrapped.

#2. about taking a time spirit out of the barrier around the castle: If it was that easy or a good idea, someone else would've done it. I can find you a time spirit elsewhere, but let's just say that tampering with the barrier is going to be beyond your ability, and a bad idea to boot. Same as sticking your hand in blender while it's running to get the cherry at the bottom. Whale can summon a spirit of time, but you won't be able to get a lot of ability in the time you have. Again, I will have to look up what the Hengeyokai can do on a time basis.

#3 About the shield that can absorb. Again, I'll look in the books I have and see if anything similar has been done for absorbing energy.
Unread 14th of January, 2013, 03:02
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

Now, just to clarify, #253 # 2 indicates that you just want Adam to try to take a time spirit away from the barrier, and get any gift from it. It doesn't say anything about trying to enter the castle in that post.
Unread 14th of January, 2013, 07:26
Spoogie
Wraith

“ #2. about taking a time spirit out of the barrier around the castle: If it was that easy or a good idea, someone else would've done it. I can find you a time spirit elsewhere, but let's just say that tampering with the barrier is going to be beyond your ability, and a bad idea to boot. Same as sticking your hand in blender while it's running to get the cherry at the bottom. Whale can summon a spirit of time, but you won't be able to get a lot of ability in the time you have. Again, I will have to look up what the Hengeyokai can do on a time basis. ”
I was not aware that summoning a spirit required actually reaching out ad grabbing it. I thought it would be more like going somewhere where that type of spirit is known to be and calling out to get it's attention. But is looks like #2 is a bust, so I don't know what to tell you. Your saying that there isn't enough time to do anything useful.

Last edited by Spoogie; 14th of January, 2013 at 07:51.
Unread 15th of January, 2013, 14:00
lawwnum
Crimson Death

“ Originally Posted by Akuma # Caius will pull his hand back as if scalded. "I am not liking explodings. You open the door."

OOC: That's good enough for now. No other explosives in the house, but what he does learn is that there is a much more subtle set of wires that leads to a cell phone transmitter. Basically, whoever did this can remotely detonate the explosives, and/or would know if they were detonated. Also there are some hidden explosives (claymores) around the back yard and mail box. If this place went up, it would really go up and take half the block with it.

Yes, you get a flashback to some of the ops you ran in Pakistan against Ahmed.

Next, you can decide how you want to proceed. Explosives role for disarming, b&E skills... Note that through the window, the interior of this part of the house looks... lived in. Someone is likely still living in here. they might be back.
”
FLYNN:
IC: Hmmm there were rumors of him having an accomplice but Pakistani intel never found what they considered proof...of course the stupid rag head bastards wouldnt consider a woman capable of such things...IDIOTS

"Well my friend...is that nose of your tuned just to food or can you tell me if there is someone inside there right now?"

Takes a long slow look around....turning in place slowly...

"Because I find it hard to believe someone would put so much explosives on a house they are still living in.. but they would on a place they were using as a trap...."

Last edited by lawwnum; 15th of January, 2013 at 14:12.
Unread 16th of January, 2013, 02:47
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

“ Your saying that there isn't enough time to do anything useful. ”
That depends on what you call useful. You could use this time to spend your experience, for example on buying more gnosis ability, which could help you use your sword more often. You could use the time to build up your character's stats in preparation for the battle to come. You could use this time to try to learn something from Red Flame (I assume that was one of the reasons you saved him). You could try to mend fences with Flynn before the coming battle and get him to go to the castle and retrieve the information/ powers you need. There are a number of things that you could do. This is the calm before the next action part and the chance to use your points.
Unread 16th of January, 2013, 03:06
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

“ "Well my friend...is that nose of your tuned just to food or can you tell me if there is someone inside there right now?"

Takes a long slow look around....turning in place slowly...

"Because I find it hard to believe someone would put so much explosives on a house they are still living in.. but they would on a place they were using as a trap...."
”
Caius grimaces. "I am still in man's form. I will need somewhere to change, quietly. I'll be back." He shuffles off. Minutes go by, then a large silver wolf slinks into the yard. It sniffs:

OOC: PER + Alertness: 3 - 5 - 4 - 5 - 9 - 5 - 6

IC: The Wolf huffs, and shakes its head, sniffing the doorknob, the car door, the post. then starts out of the backyard to the back alley. He clearly seems to be on to something. He stops long enough to huff at you. Likely on to something.

OOC: For expediency, I will assume that Flynn will follow, lest we have to spend extra time waiting for you to post that you follow...

IC: Caius the wolf clearly seems to be onto something. He comes to the next block, then as he turns, he freezes with a slight growl. As Flynn joins the wolf (shall I assume unobtrusively), he will see Ahmed's daughter talking with another girl. She appears to be leaving that friend's house, and the gestures she makes seem to imply that she will soon turn to come this way... perhaps to the house. Could a teenager be the assistant bomber? Like father like daughter?
Unread 16th of January, 2013, 17:49
lawwnum
Crimson Death

FLYNN:
OOC: Yes he would indeed follow Caius..

IC: Upon seeing the girl.Flynn takes a stepback...and seems to almost melt into the wall as the girl heads in his direction..

OOC: Capt. Arcane to the rescue ....

IC: waiting until she passes to follow her...

OOC: Let me know what if any roll you want

AND on a side note...SPOOGIE... Adam MAY think Flynn wont help..but TOM might think otherwise....

And while Flynn may not help Adam..he WILL do what he can to help the town...I would think he figured that much out by now..
Unread 18th of January, 2013, 02:09
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

OOC: I won't bother with a roll from Capt. Arcane, but I will check on Caius... Nope. no arcane for him.

IC: The teenager is playing with her i-phone, and is fairly unaware of her surroundings, but the growl of the silver wolf brings her back to reality. she gulps.

"Nice doggy. I don't have any dog treats... and I'm not going to bother you... so you just stay there, okay?" She tries to make a wide circle around Caius. He doesn't stop her, but he doesn't stop growling either.

Once past Caius, the girl starts back-peddling towards the house, keeping one eye on the wolf, and the other on her i-phone. Either it's a very important text message, or she's de-activating the security on the house. What do you think?
Unread 18th of January, 2013, 04:54
Spoogie
Wraith

Sorry, I wasn't able to post the last few days, I've been really tires as I haven't been sleeping well.

“ AND on a side note...SPOOGIE... Adam MAY think Flynn wont help..but TOM might think otherwise....

And while Flynn may not help Adam..he WILL do what he can to help the town...I would think he figured that much out by now..
”
OOC: YEah, unfortunately Adam thinks that Flynn would be useless to send into the castle, (he wouldn't know what questions to ask, and effective communication has never been a talent for Flynn). Besides If Flynn actually got some sort of useful information, he would likely use it to bargain with. Adam doesn't even want to think about that.

As for Tom, I believe that he knows about this, but he doesn't see any value in the people inside. And noone wants to get in between Flynn and Adam.

“ That depends on what you call useful. You could use this time to spend your experience, for example on buying more gnosis ability, which could help you use your sword more often. You could use the time to build up your character's stats in preparation for the battle to come. You could use this time to try to learn something from Red Flame (I assume that was one of the reasons you saved him). You could try to mend fences with Flynn before the coming battle and get him to go to the castle and retrieve the information/ powers you need. There are a number of things that you could do. This is the calm before the next action part and the chance to use your points. ”
I haven't spent any of the XP that Adam earned. I remember figuring out the renown, but there is the consideration of temp renown which if we do things by the book, Adam will never make rank 2. Assuming that temp renown automatically changes to permanent renown, then Adam would have enough to be rank 2. I remember mentioning this a while back (but not where) and I don't remember if there was a response. Also I don't remember how much XP Adam has; I looked but there are quite a few pages of posts going back years. It would be helpful if you could sum up what I have to work with (point wise).

I seem to recall you saying somewhere that didn't want gifts to be paid for, that learning them had to be role played out. Would there be time for that?

Mend Fences with Flynn, tried that, didn't work. Flynn doesn't want the fences mended.

Can Adam get some kind of shield made at the Spirit Forge?
Unread 18th of January, 2013, 17:30
lawwnum
Crimson Death

OOC:
Hmmmmmmmm Ok Spooge..so your saying that TOM would rather let the town get leveled then get between Flynn and Adam?.. funny I thought he would do more to save all those lives...

As for mending fences....FLYNN extended his hand and Adam basically spat in his face...

But whtever..whats done is done...

FLYNN:
IC: hmmmmmmmm interesting.....I would of bet on the mother...but then again..might be a family tradition....

Moving as only an immortal that doesnt want ot be seen can..Flynn shadows the girl..giving Caius hand signal to stay back a little bit.

OOC:

I am going to guess a Stealth roll is required.