Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Akuma's Games > The Mysteries of Mura-Cho, Japan

Unread 3rd of January, 2012, 02:15
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

Member: #8278
A Storm is brewing around Mura-Cho

Things aren't as happy nor as friendly as they were expected, and friendships have become strained... But worse things are coming. Not the least of which is Trixie's other half... and new friends may be found.
Unread 3rd of January, 2012, 02:21
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

OOC: Just to restate where everyone is when the game clock was halted...

Baljeet (aka Flynn) the immortal from India, Nevermore (aka Pope) the mage, and the mysterious spirit of luck known as Trixie were going to leave Japan when they came to learn that Trixie's physical half... and the harbinger of super-bad luck is on its way to reclaim her.

It was decided that battling things out in a huge city will have bad consequences and involve a lot of paradox, so they have decided to go back to mura-cho after all.

NOW... it is on their way back to the small train station bearing the trainline going to Mura-cho that I begin the game again... (with the next post IC)
Unread 3rd of January, 2012, 02:32
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

IC, while the two are walking along the crowded sidewalk back towards the train station (having just left McD's), a foriegner pushes past them in obvious hurry. He barely mumbles some apology. Its apparent that he's in a hurry to get away from something or someone as dusk settles on the city and neon lights come up everywhere in town.

To the trained eyes of people used to danger (such as Nevermore and Baljeet), they can locate the source of the foreigner's concern... two sedans with tinted glass windows are making their way through traffic to follow the man.

When the man sees them, he ducks into an alleyway... The two cars come to a halt and a bunch of men jump out. Even with very little knowledge of Japan, its easy to see these are thugs. They have expensive looking suits and black sunglasses... they have swords in wooden scabbards, and likely also guns. 6 thungs get out and head into the alleyway after the foreigner...

(OOC: The foreigner is Lawnum's 2nd character, and I figure he won't want to have a big fight in front of a crowd. Back alley, is better for wolverine-style fighting... but from here I'll let you play him... Any questions?)
Unread 3rd of January, 2012, 08:01
lawwnum
Crimson Death

Member: #8286
OOC: hehehe well as far as Quincy goes..crowd or open field doesnt matter just makes it easier to id targets

IC: As he heads down the alley looking the area over for possible "weapons" he hears the SUITS coming in after him. Stopping about halfway down he turns and looks at them smiling as he lights up a Chesterfield.

As his eyes dart around taking in his enemies...

"Too bad guys..you really should of brought along a few more...if only to carry your parts back out easier."

And with that he snaps the neck-guard on his duster together with one hand and pulls out a throwing stake with the other..

OOC: This is Jonathan Arthur Quincy Holmwood Lord Godalming. And he does NOT like Vamps of any sort..A bit of family history with them you might say. He generally goes by "Quincy" and doesnt much like anyone altho he does respect some.

He also doesnt wait to be attacked...soooooooo first thing Hes blowing a rage and throwing a stake at the first guy in line down the ally.

Dex 4 Melee(throwing weapons) 5
Unread 4th of January, 2012, 01:42
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

OOC: Are you going to spend all 9 dice on the first guy or would you like to split the dice to attack 2 guys? Just checking.

You are blowing the rage to ensure you go first, not to have a 2nd attack, right?
Unread 4th of January, 2012, 02:26
qwerty123
Devourer [GM]

Member: #1109
Originally Posted by Akuma # 6 thungs get out and head into the alleyway after the foreigner...
IC: Pointing at the foreigner that ducks into the alley, "Hey look, another fellow that is on the run from something, or someone. Man but does this place attract weird stuff like that or what?"

Ahab, Moby Dick
Unread 4th of January, 2012, 09:06
lawwnum
Crimson Death

Originally Posted by Akuma # OOC: Are you going to spend all 9 dice on the first guy or would you like to split the dice to attack 2 guys? Just checking.

You are blowing the rage to ensure you go first, not to have a 2nd attack, right?
OOC: Hmmm well actually I was just going to attack before they got a chance to do anything...but as you ask...make it 2 rage and one to go first one for a 2nd action. And yes all 9 dice on attack I want to make sure he goes down.

Also I failed to mention what Quincy looks like. he is about 6'2 altho he generally hunches a little as if ready to pounce. Solidly built, with a perpetual 5 o'clock shadow. He is also a card carrying member of the trenchcoat brigade. Altho his is more of an old west style Duster. Inside of the Duster is a large variety of sharp and pointy objects.
Unread 4th of January, 2012, 09:11
lawwnum
Crimson Death

Originally Posted by qwerty123 # IC: Pointing at the foreigner that ducks into the alley, "Hey look, another fellow that is on the run from something, or someone. Man but does this place attract weird stuff like that or what?"
FLYNN

IC: "Yes most interesting. Perhaps we should go take alook. Afterall anyone that has 2 cars full of people after him must be an interesting individual indeed. At the least we should see some interesting sport."

And with that Flynn oves towards the mouth of the alley.

OOC: I want to Stag up as I go to the alley. I also want to be sure to be BEHIND the thugs as they go in.
Unread 5th of January, 2012, 02:33
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

OOC: COMBAT:

Since there is no real surprise here, I'll start the shot clock at round 1. Quincy blows 1 rage to ensure the friendly's go first. He blows a second rage to get an extra combat action.

Quincy does a quick-draw maneuver-combo throw. No stated skill for quick-draw so that adds a point to the difficulty (It might be more but I'm taking this as a natural part of his attack style, so for now its just 1 point diff. increase). The target is aware and able to react to the attack (he's not behind them, and they have heard of his attack style before. That also adds to the difficulty.

That being said, 9 dice gives 2 successes after the ones are subtracted from the successes.

Now the bad guy gets to dodge or parry. As stated, he's been informed of this style so he'll blow a blood point to get extra dex for his dodge, and a 2nd blood point to get an extra action as well.

The dice say he is able to make enough successes to beat (by a hair) the successes that Quincy made. He dodges.

Next the guy behind Yak-Vamp 1. He has an even more difficult time because he thought the first guy would take the hit. He was facing forward, but only gets 1 success. The pointy object wings him, but doesn't kill him.

Okay, that's action 1. What's your next action?

For FLYNN, you get 4 successes thanks to a re-rolled 10. Where you want them?

What's Pope gonna do?
Unread 5th of January, 2012, 03:40
qwerty123
Devourer [GM]

Originally Posted by lawwnum # FLYNN

IC: "Yes most interesting. Perhaps we should go take alook. Afterall anyone that has 2 cars full of people after him must be an interesting individual indeed. At the least we should see some interesting sport."

And with that Flynn oves towards the mouth of the alley.

Sigh, why can't we ever run into someone that just wants to spend a lazy day drinking rum on a sunny shore somewhere?

Nevermore doesn't know who is who - so I position myself at the back of the alley to keep interlopers out and thugs and the strange guy in. I will draw my gun, but keep it low so as to not spook any one, generally I don't want to look hostile, but don't want to be caught un-prepared if it goes pear shaped.

Also I will erect a personal force field if stakes or fangs happen to fly in my direction.

Ahab, Moby Dick
Unread 5th of January, 2012, 13:06
lawwnum
Crimson Death

QUINCY:

OOC: Do I see any guns being drawn or just more sharp pointy objects?

As for my 2nd action I am going to hold it for now to see if I need to dodge or disarm someone.

If I am attacked i will split and do a half die pool dodge.

If I see anything beside a blade in any of their hands...I will be taking OTHER steps to stop them, and no dodging

FLYNN:

OOC: First off that roll was for Speed of Stag...which means I am capable of moving pretty dam fast right now, ok.

IC: Flynn moves into the alley just behind the thugpires staying near the side and keeping back about 10 ft from the last "thugpire". quickly and quietly pulling my Katars out but keeping them down and semi-covered for now.

OOC: Right now FLynn will just sit back and watch for a moment or 2 to see how things play out. Afterall no point helping someone that might not need or appreciate it.

Last edited by lawwnum; 5th of January, 2012 at 13:10.
Unread 6th of January, 2012, 02:57
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

OOC: COMBAT:

Okay, so Quincy throws a stick and holds fast. The front Yak-pire draws his sword from the wooden scabbard. And throws out the typical Yak boilerplate comments.

"You shoulda stay on tour bus, big nose. You have no friends here. You will die alone, gaijin!"

Yak-pire 1 steps aside for Yak-pire 2 to take his action: High-speed run-by with his "pig-sticker"

He has 2 successes for his high-speed attack.

I didn't see the "dodge" skill on what I got from Lawwnum, but I'll use the dex and athletics skills combined and then split as instructed.

Quincy only gets 1 dodge, so that means Yak-pire 2 gets half damage on his blade attack. That's 4 reduced to 2 points of damage. Its soakable and both points are soaked.

That means the Yak-pire does little more than cut fabric and give you a glorified paper-cut.

Yak-pire 1 swears and tries to get in a blow with his silver-edged sword. He gets 1 success...

I'll blow the 2nd held action for the 2nd dodge... And Quincy gets 2 successes, making the attack look clumsy...

Because of the narrowness of the alley, only the first 2 can attack quincy right now.

For Flynn at the back end... one of the yak-pires at the back notices Flynn and curses at him. "Get out of here, Gaijin-dog! Go make some curry!"

Pope: can I assume that you are making a very fine invisible shield as to avoid me rolling vulgar observed... Pope will notice that most Japanese people are keeping their heads down as iff on cell-phones and unable to notice the yak battle going on.
Unread 6th of January, 2012, 08:11
qwerty123
Devourer [GM]

Originally Posted by Akuma # Pope: can I assume that you are making a very fine invisible shield as to avoid me rolling vulgar observed... Pope will notice that most Japanese people are keeping their heads down as iff on cell-phones and unable to notice the yak battle going on.
OOC: Normally assuming is bad, but in this case you are correct.

Ahab, Moby Dick
Unread 6th of January, 2012, 13:00
lawwnum
Crimson Death

QUINCY

OOC: Ok then by my count I am out of actions this round and so should the 2 Quincy is facing. So he will be waiting for next round now...

And out of curiousity how long is it going to take me to grow claws? Will it be instant or is it going to take a n action/round? Because Im going to want to get them going as soon as possible now.

And my apologies I didnt realize QUincy does NOT have Dodge skill...been awhile since he has seen play.forgot these little details.

FLYNN:

IC: Smiling back at the 'Yak-pire' ,in Japanese, "Just turn around and worry about the chunk you already bit off leech, before it chews YOU up. You REALLY dont want any part of me."

OOC: Flynn will continue to hold unless attacked or it turns bad for the lone guy(Quincy) in the alley. If they are dumb enough to come after him....Well ...he will just have to defend himself with extreme predjuidice.

Which reminds me...I want to Empower Weapon now before Fang-boy gets any bright ideas.
Unread 9th of January, 2012, 02:25
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

OOC:

No prob. about forgetting to write dodge... I am pretty rusty myself (obviously). Look over your character sheet. If you wanna swap out something for dodge, you can do it now. Or you can stick with the athletics until the "welcome dust-ups" finish. then everyone will get points to level up. That will happen after the blood mage and the werewolves are defeated... your choice.

As far as the claws go. Normally, they take one action to grow out. But you can blow a point (I think its rage, but it might be willpower) to have them grow out instantly. Any ideas where I should look that up would help. I remember it under mixed morphing or something like that...

COMBAT:

The two Yak-pires engaged with Quincy can do no more right now, it seems. But the ones behind them seem to be busy doing something on their own. FLYNN has the best vantage point. There are 2 Yak-pires between him and the 4 with the special net-gun. It looks like a kind of net-gun crossed with something from Aliens Vs. Predators... Although these are vamps prepping the net-gun, Pope gets a sense of magic being activated. Correspondence, time, forces and mind. maybe something to slow down a captured person more than normal...

If there are no objections, I'll go ahead and start round 2.

Quincy can go first...
Unread 9th of January, 2012, 02:26
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

OOC: I got Spoogie's 2nd character. I'll restart Mura-cho right after finishing this battle here in Toshi-City.
Unread 10th of January, 2012, 13:57
lawwnum
Crimson Death

OOC: Ok I havent been able to find any rules on Werewolf partial transformation in my books. MAybe Qwerty can tap into his library. All I can find is for Vamp Protean transformations and that is all it takes is a thought and a round of time. Now in Werewolf it does say that spending a Rage WILL automatically do ANY transformation. not sure I want to spend another Rage for that.

TO QWERTY:
Butch I made Quincy from the Original Hunters Hunted book that you own/owned. It had rules for growing claws and all kinds of fun psychic powers. I remember the rules for TK (I wrote them on quincy's sheet) but not the rules for the claws, and the new HUNTER book is worthless. Can you give me a hand here?

to Akuma:
As soon as we/you make a call on my claws..I think we will be ready to go for round 2.
Unread 11th of January, 2012, 01:48
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

OOC: I also seem to be having problems finding the info on the merit of partial transformation. Here's my idea:

Roll current/remaining rage:
3 successes or more = instant claws, still have an action.
2 successes = claws grow over 1 round as a non-combat action (unless currently using the hands to gouge or strike, in which case its a combat action).
1 success = 2 rounds to grow the claws.

Of course, blowing a willpower will add a success point. the target number is always 6.

This way, you don't spend a rage to activate them, and its possible to have them out instantly at the beginning of battle (wolvie style), but if you use up your rage, it takes longer unless you spend the points to will them out.

K?
Unread 11th of January, 2012, 02:18
qwerty123
Devourer [GM]

Originally Posted by lawwnum # OOC: Ok I havent been able to find any rules on Werewolf partial transformation in my books. MAybe Qwerty can tap into his library. All I can find is for Vamp Protean transformations and that is all it takes is a thought and a round of time. Now in Werewolf it does say that spending a Rage WILL automatically do ANY transformation. not sure I want to spend another Rage for that.

TO QWERTY:
Butch I made Quincy from the Original Hunters Hunted book that you own/owned. It had rules for growing claws and all kinds of fun psychic powers. I remember the rules for TK (I wrote them on quincy's sheet) but not the rules for the claws, and the new HUNTER book is worthless. Can you give me a hand here?

to Akuma:
As soon as we/you make a call on my claws..I think we will be ready to go for round 2.
Originally Posted by Akuma # OOC: I also seem to be having problems finding the info on the merit of partial transformation. Here's my idea:

Roll current/remaining rage:
3 successes or more = instant claws, still have an action.
2 successes = claws grow over 1 round as a non-combat action (unless currently using the hands to gouge or strike, in which case its a combat action).
1 success = 2 rounds to grow the claws.

Of course, blowing a willpower will add a success point. the target number is always 6.

This way, you don't spend a rage to activate them, and its possible to have them out instantly at the beginning of battle (wolvie style), but if you use up your rage, it takes longer unless you spend the points to will them out.

K?
OK: I hit the books and this is what I found. Page 218 of the 2nd Edition Werewolf Book states that Partial Transformations work as follows: Roll dexterity + primal urge against a difficulty of 9, also spend a point of willpower and any garou can perform a partial transformation. It is not a merit but an innate ability. There is actually a flaw that prohibits partial transformation. The book does not mention how long it takes, but most likely it is an action as it requires a die roll.

Now as for the power to have claws as a hunter, that is not from the Hunters Hunted. That was allowed because you are kinfolk (if I remember right), or you may have taken the Hand of God merit - if the latter is the case then the claws do aggravated damage against vamps.

Ahab, Moby Dick
Unread 11th of January, 2012, 10:58
Spoogie
Wraith

Member: #8299
OOC: Snoke, I forgot to put a few things on the character sheet, all from the background. I'll update and send it to you. Meanwhile we could fill in the time between the last post from the other thread and the train's arrival, what would that be like an hour or so (gametime)?

Last edited by Spoogie; 11th of January, 2012 at 11:01.
Unread 11th of January, 2012, 10:59
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

OOC:

Thanks Butch. Okay, since this incarnation is a full werewolf, we'll go with the Dex+Primal Urge Dif 9. And like I posted, 3 successes + (or blow willpower) for instant. 2 successes, end of the round. 1 success, end of 2nd round. 0 successes. can't get them out during the scene/combat.

Since werewolves are always considered to have Agg. damage in their claws, I don't think we need to worry about the Hand-of-God merit, unless you want to go with extra damage for vamps. but then have to remove some points from the other stuff already on the sheet to get it.

Okay, so now lets start Round 2.
Unread 11th of January, 2012, 11:00
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

OOC: Now Worries Mazlum. As we are still off the clock for Mura-town section till this combat finishes, you have time to resubmit.
Unread 11th of January, 2012, 11:42
lawwnum
Crimson Death

OOC: Yes Butch I actually do have the Hand of God Merit..I think that was what we used to kind of .....transform Quincy from just a Hunter to a Kinfolk/full garou..you were on an interesting roll that day.

Yup Akuma Dex+Primal dounds right and I WILL blow a willpower on it no matter what.

Now let the fun and games RECOMENCE!
Unread 12th of January, 2012, 02:14
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

OOC: Combat.

Okay, so for Quincy's first action: start growing claws. 1 success + willpower means that the claws will come out by the end of this round and be ready for next round. No claw attacks this round (can still throw shit if you want).

Which will you do with your combat action throw or use for dodges/blocks? you have 2 undead around you plus the others further along the line.
Unread 12th of January, 2012, 02:18
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

OOC: Looking on the info I have for quincy. I have the partial transformation merit logged, but not the hand of god. Since we clarified that there's no need for the partial transformation merit on Werewolves who can do it anyway. Are you making a swap for Hand of God? Your claws are already agg. damage. and if you scrape them against rock or metal, then you can get razor claws. Hand of god seems superfulous. But I guess you could keep it if oyu want 1 more point damage vs. vamps.

BTW, someone who has the books, please tell me what the point differences in merits are for Hand of God vs. partial transformation? I would guess the hand of god is more expensive than Partial transformation, right?