Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Prince Yami's Games > Keep on the Shadowfell

Reply
Thread Tools
  #26  
Unread 17th of July, 2009, 10:34
Prince Yami's Avatar
Prince Yami
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1474
Location: Kelowna BC
Posts: 497 (0.10 per day)
"It would be best if you turned away traveler" said the guard, "our work is not the kind that is safe for civilians."
__________________
Remember, don't fire until you see the eyes of their wights.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Unread 17th of July, 2009, 10:37
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.83 per day)
Corrin chuckled. "Oh don't worry about me friend. I'm not mere civilian. If you've work to do I'll gladly help however I can for a warm place to sleep. I've got my own food."
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Unread 17th of July, 2009, 10:44
Prince Yami's Avatar
Prince Yami
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1474
Location: Kelowna BC
Posts: 497 (0.10 per day)
The man thought for a moment. "Very well" he said, "but you have to stay at the far end of the camp. were working with...fragile gnomish equipment. We unearthed a large skeleton of some sort along with a few non magical artifacts.I don't see the use of such things myself but archeologists are a, different breed."

OOC: Perception check success. His voice was shaking slightly as he spoke about the artifacts. They have likely already found something magical, and Gnomish machinery is anything but fragile.
__________________
Remember, don't fire until you see the eyes of their wights.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Unread 17th of July, 2009, 11:00
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.83 per day)
Corrin smiles. "Heh, thank ye friend... I'm actually a bit interested in Archeology myself, old friend o' mine is a rather reputed enthusiast on the subject." He lowers his voice slightly as he approaches the man, and adds. "Just between you and me, I've never heard of "fragile" gnomish machinery, if you understand my meaning. If that's what you're arceologist friends are telling you... well it's probably nothing. Heh. Just to keep 'outsiders' from fiddling with their junk."

OOC: From what I have seen of the dig site, is there actually anywhere I'd be able to go that was "Safe" as in, is there actally somewhere I could go where I wouldn't see anything that would lead to them tossing me in a cage? Or are they definitely just inviting me in to ambush me and toss me in with the others?
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/

Last edited by Shoelip; 17th of July, 2009 at 11:02.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Unread 20th of July, 2009, 16:38
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.83 per day)
Corrin looks closer at the man's garb. "So um, where to? ... Hey, do you belong to one of those naked midnight ritual religions?"
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Unread 21st of July, 2009, 07:41
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.68 per day)
Betta, listening from behind a boulder, decides that Corrin isn't being nearly obvious enough.

"Where is the hotel?" She walks into the open, intentionally stumbling over the gravel around the camp, a lit sunrod waved overhead. "Where is the hotel, Cory? You! Blackcloak. Do you serve tourists here? We've been wandering all night and need refreshments!"
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Unread 21st of July, 2009, 11:24
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.83 per day)
"Ah, Betta!" Corrin shouts, trying to contain his surprise. "I told you, this probably wasn't going to be a hotel. Our friend here said it's some sorta archeological dig site. I guess his church is searching for religious artifacts... So no hotel... But he's been awfully kind to let us join them at their fire. I was just asking him about his church. Seems rather somber with the black cloaks. I wonder if everyone wears them." He looks to the sentry questioningly.
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Unread 22nd of July, 2009, 15:50
Prince Yami's Avatar
Prince Yami
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1474
Location: Kelowna BC
Posts: 497 (0.10 per day)
As soon as Betta steps out from behind the boulder the light from her sunrod clearly illuminates the symbol of Orcus, demon prince of undeath, emblazoned on the clasp of the mans cloak. As soon as this happens he draws his blade and throws something on the ground that makes a lound bang and sends up a colomb of bight sparks.

Initiative:
Gorion
Cyric
Corrin
Tik Tik
Betta
Gremmic
Telanthias
Arteris



__________________
Remember, don't fire until you see the eyes of their wights.

Last edited by Prince Yami; 25th of July, 2009 at 15:19.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Unread 22nd of July, 2009, 16:16
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.83 per day)
"Bad move!" Corrin calls out, drawing his own blade and charging.

OOC: Bolstering Strike, Attack: 21 Damage: 6

EDIT: Actually, it depends what the others do. If he sees them attacking Corrin will do the above. If he notice them doing anything, he'll throw his hands up, looking confused and worried and shouting, "Whoa! Wait! What's the matter?!" Also, Corrin already had a sunstick that he took from Betta.
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/

Last edited by Shoelip; 22nd of July, 2009 at 21:08.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Unread 24th of July, 2009, 05:36
David
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Member: #3238
Location: Washington
Posts: 469 (0.13 per day)
Telanthias waits to follow Gremics lead.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Unread 25th of July, 2009, 05:09
Fulmen's Avatar
Fulmen
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member: #1173
Location: Texas
Posts: 729 (0.14 per day)
Gorion wastes little time in planning his attack. He immediately charges the man, looking to inflict as much damage as possible.

Goring Charge
To Hit: 17
Damage: 8
Target is knocked Prone

If Goring Charge hits, spend an Action Point to Brash Strike
To Hit: 23
Damage: 7
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Unread 26th of July, 2009, 16:54
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.68 per day)
Betta grimaces as the others leap from hiding. "Don't crowd around the one man! Let's keep a few faces towards the camp: they've got a mage!"

Javelin in hand, she moves to a location central to the entire party to deliver orders, and scans the encampment, searching for the movements of the cultists within, hoping to catch another glimpse of the dragonborn.

OOC:
Free action to drop the sunrod,
Minor action to draw a javelin,
Move action to move wherever the centre of the party happens to be by the time it's my turn,
Standard action to make an active Perception check.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Unread 26th of July, 2009, 17:00
Prince Yami's Avatar
Prince Yami
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1474
Location: Kelowna BC
Posts: 497 (0.10 per day)
Gremmic nods at what Betta said and. instead of rushing in, readies his spiked chain.
__________________
Remember, don't fire until you see the eyes of their wights.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Unread 26th of July, 2009, 21:45
Scythe's Avatar
Scythe
Bodak

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Member: #2925
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 895 (0.23 per day)
Cyric lies in waiting as Gorion takes care of the lone wanderer. He prepares his weapons though, ready to move and strike when other figures would appear.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Unread 2nd of August, 2009, 09:55
David
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Member: #3238
Location: Washington
Posts: 469 (0.13 per day)
First Telanthias will place a Warlocks curse on the visible enemy and then uses Shadow Walk to gain concealment as he double moves to the space 11 up and 2 to the right of his starting position. Stealth check 12
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Unread 9th of August, 2009, 10:04
Prince Yami's Avatar
Prince Yami
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1474
Location: Kelowna BC
Posts: 497 (0.10 per day)
The man is literally trampled by gorion turning into a pile of goey mush from the minotaurs charge.
Tiktik Knocks an arrow and waits
Not soon after the cultist dies then several more including a gnome and a halfling charge out of the camp. Two of the cultists are holding the reigns of a pair of snarling lizard creatures about the size of large guard dogs. Seing the mangled corpse of his fellow cultist the gnome points at Gorion and shouts "REND HIS FLESH MY PETS!"
The cultists free the cretures which immediately charge the minotaur and snap at his limbs. one misses but the other latches onto Gorion's arm (Gorion takes 10 damage)
Gremmic charges in and attacks the creture that bit Gorion at the same time as Tiktik looses his arrow into the same creature (Right hand Lizard Creature takes 15 damage)
Meanwhile the cultists seem to focued on the rest of the group so Telanthias manages to move into a position closer to the site. He manages to spot the remaining two cultists furthur back in the pit.

Initiative:
Gorion (Red)
Cyric (Green)
Corrin (Dark Teal)
Tik Tik (Purple)
Betta (Sky Blue)
Gremmic (Light Blue)
Telanthias (Yellow)
Arteris (Blue)



Notes:
Dragonborn Cultist: White Background
Cultist: Pink Background
Gnome Cultist (appears to be leader): Rust red background
Halfling: Grey Background
__________________
Remember, don't fire until you see the eyes of their wights.

Last edited by Prince Yami; 9th of August, 2009 at 10:07.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Unread 9th of August, 2009, 17:39
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.83 per day)
Corrin decides it best to close the distance with the remaining cultists as quickly as possible, figuring that they are the greater threat, and that the great minotaur can deal with a couple of pesky lizards.

"Hold knaves! Surrender, lest you waste your lives in service of evil!"

OOC: Corrin heads straight for the other cultists, well, as straight as possible. He's keeping an eye out to try to identify anything more he can about them, how they're armed, armored, whatever.
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/

Last edited by Shoelip; 10th of August, 2009 at 11:52.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Unread 10th of August, 2009, 03:03
Fulmen's Avatar
Fulmen
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member: #1173
Location: Texas
Posts: 729 (0.14 per day)
Gorion laughs as the two lizards attack him, attacking the one that connected with all his might.

-----
HP: 28
Temps: 4
Brash Strike: 23
Damage: 9
Target is marked and has Combat Advantage until EoT.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Unread 10th of August, 2009, 07:35
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.68 per day)
After finding the body of the cultists, Betta runs briskly forward to the side of the lizard melee.

"Arteris! Tik-Tik! Let's get in there!" she cries, just as she ducks past Gremmic's spiked chain, whipping overhead for another strike. Springing back upwards, she hurls her entire body into her javelin, aiming it straight for the gnome.

OOC:
Move action five squares straight north,
Standard action to throw a javelin at the gnome,
Minor action to draw a longsword.

Ranged Basic Attack
Attack 15 vs. AC (javelin)
Whoops, that should actually be a 16. Forgot to roll for damage, too.

Last edited by LeadPal; 13th of August, 2009 at 04:06. Reason: made the description a little less crappy
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Unread 10th of August, 2009, 07:38
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.68 per day)
Damage 8
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Unread 14th of August, 2009, 10:42
David
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Member: #3238
Location: Washington
Posts: 469 (0.13 per day)
First Telanthias will place a Warlocks curse on the nearest visible enemy and then uses Shadow Walk to gain concealment as he double moves to the space 9 up and 2 to the left of his starting position. Stealth check 7
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Unread 22nd of August, 2009, 20:02
Scythe's Avatar
Scythe
Bodak

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Member: #2925
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 895 (0.23 per day)
Cyric will double move at the top right, to be as close to the stone entryway as possible.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Unread 24th of August, 2009, 15:12
Prince Yami's Avatar
Prince Yami
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1474
Location: Kelowna BC
Posts: 497 (0.10 per day)
Gorion connects with the lizard which hisses as both of them lash out. (gorion takes 6 damage)
Cyric moves forward
The gnome looks at Cyric and grins wickedly. "Looking to take us on are you then?" The gnome levels a crossbow at Cyric and fires hitting the halfling square in the chest. (Cyric takes 11 damage). the Gnomes halfling companion fires a sling at Cyric as well but Cyric just barely twists away.
The lizard lashes out at Corrin as he charges but the bite delfects harmlessly of the armor. The cultist tries to dodge but Corrin cuts his legs out from under him and finishes his with a slash to the throat.
Sliging his bow Tiktik draws his blades and charges the already damaged lizard carving a wide gouge in its side causing the already mangled creature to let out a gurling cry of pain.
Betta Throws her Javalin. The gnome tries to dodge but the javalin hits him in the shoulder.
Gremmic lashes out with his chain which wraps around the beasts throat. Grasping the other end he pulls it in a visious sawing motion beheading the creature.
Telanthias places a curse on the nearest cultist. The gnome however finally Notices him and turns to the dragonborn Spellcaster. "Deal with him before he flanks us Kriv!"
The dragonborn nods and runs for the other entrance to the site. Skidding to a halt he throws a bolt of force at Telanthias. (Telanthias takes 5 damage)
Arteris moves to a better position but is unable to do much more.

Initiative:
Gorion (Red)
Lizard (Dark Green)
Cyric (Green)
Gnome(rust Red), Halfling(grey), and cultists(pink)
Corrin (Dark Teal)
Tik Tik (Purple)
Betta (Sky Blue)
Gremmic (Light Blue)
Telanthias (Yellow)
Dragonborn spellcaster "Kriv"(white)
Arteris (Blue)



OOC: Corrin sees nothing remarkable on any of the cultists or their leaders. Their equipment is substandard at best with some of it being so rusted it may as well be made of soggy wood.
__________________
Remember, don't fire until you see the eyes of their wights.

Last edited by Prince Yami; 24th of August, 2009 at 15:17.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Unread 24th of August, 2009, 17:54
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.83 per day)
Noticing how ridiculously underequipped his foes are, Corrin calls out to them. "Stop this! Do not sell your lives so cheaply! Surely you see that you cannot beat us with your rotting armor and weapons!" He can't help but feels sorry for these wretches as they are clearly valued as little more than meat shields by their superiors, and of little threat to himself and his companions.

Seeing the better equipped gnome shouting orders, he decides that he must be the leader and delivers him a proclamation. "You there, gnome! You order your men to senseless deaths! You shall be punished for your cruelty!"

OOC: Well, as usual I don't really know what I can do in one round, so... I think I want to issue a Divine Challenge to the gnome (That vile monster!) and move up a square to attack him with Holy Strike.
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Unread 24th of August, 2009, 19:56
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.83 per day)
Attack: 7
Damage: 9
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 20:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren