Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Chris Chandler's Games > Epicureans

Reply
Thread Tools
  #176  
Unread 6th of October, 2008, 01:52
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.43 per day)
Like I said, I know where Aros stands. You've seen that look before. He's probably very trustworthy, and will probably tell you exactly how it is. Now, there's two or three people in his head, so you'll have to listen carefully to know which one you're talking to. But past that, he's just like any soldier who has managed to live to tell the tale. Get him drunk and I'm sure he's great fun. 'Sides, you've got what that sort likes, and you know it.

Malak, I don't know, he really might not be crazy, but he certainly seems zealous enough. We both know too well that sort of person, too. Or do you not remember how much you loved Arcadia?
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Reply With Quote
  #177  
Unread 6th of October, 2008, 01:59
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.03 per day)
I laugh again. "Oh, but it's soooo tranquil and blissful and boring there! Point taken.

So, I suppose I'll let you do the honors tomorrow, and follow your lead. Will you choose Crow a la Scratch, or Humble Pie for breakfast?"
Reply With Quote
  #178  
Unread 6th of October, 2008, 01:59
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.43 per day)
Scratch snorts and pops you in the back of your head. You're sure it was tail.
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Reply With Quote
  #179  
Unread 6th of October, 2008, 02:01
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.03 per day)
"Careful with that. They may think I'm a damsel in distress.

Good night, sis."
I hug the air, then head back to where OmniFrost is, a pack over my shoulders now.
Reply With Quote
  #180  
Unread 6th of October, 2008, 02:08
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.43 per day)
Let me know if OmniFrost would have wanted to interject at any time. There's plenty of room for that, of course - we just needed to knock out that large chunk of conversation that was in the making.

Otherwise, after the wind has died down completely, it's quite tranquil. You still have no view of the stars, even without the wind, because the dust around here may never settle. You don't hear even the familiar din of activity that goes with any place you've normally been. No skitters of lizards, no wings of birds, certainly no chirping of frogs, not even the buzzing of an insect. You know, there has to be something around, because you're able to breathe. You've traveled enough to know that there are places where even you are not welcome. Here, though, you've just got to find it.
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Reply With Quote
  #181  
Unread 6th of October, 2008, 06:49
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.87 per day)
I have no interjections to make. It's good to hear she has found what she was looking for. Her laughter lacks the stress that was evident earlier. I'm glad things are working themselves out.

I continue to focus on the evironment in this area trying to get a read.
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.
Reply With Quote
  #182  
Unread 7th of October, 2008, 05:08
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.43 per day)
This desert is ancient, thousands of years old. The spirit of this desert seems to have always been so, compared to those small wastelands that crop up from human wastefulness or other catastrophe. There is an underlying feeling of want, as if this ancient spirit once had more... something. The feeling that you get isn't exactly sad, because whatever it lost occurred so long ago, but perhaps just wistful. You sense that there are animals about, but they do not choose to be seen.
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Reply With Quote
  #183  
Unread 7th of October, 2008, 07:15
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.87 per day)
As the ancient spirit whispers, I wonder how it would respond to a spark of life.

Moments later, my eyes open as I hear the sound of footsteps in the sand. I watch as Mizuki approaches.
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.
Reply With Quote
  #184  
Unread 7th of October, 2008, 07:58
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.03 per day)
I sit down on the sand again, beside OmniFrost, and begin rummaging in my bag. First I lay down a cloth, then begin taking packages out.
"It looks like I've got more than my usual. I don't know what is in here, though. Lady Gennifer must have packed this extra stuff. Hmmm, pickles. And.. some kind of salted fish? And cute little pastries. And...."

I unflask a small bottle and sniff the contents, then pull my head back, eyes watering. I laugh, "Whoa!! That is definitely whiskey!"

And here I thought I was just walking down the path, yet she has me outfitted for a journey. I guess she was right, though. Well, anything strike your fancy?"
Reply With Quote
  #185  
Unread 7th of October, 2008, 09:01
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.87 per day)
I smile, as the the spirit fades, and Mizuki sits down.

Those pastries look good. Hmmm, I don't think I have any milk. Oh well, I suppose whiskey will do. I laugh at the thought.
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.
Reply With Quote
  #186  
Unread 7th of October, 2008, 10:20
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.03 per day)
I laugh along with her, and offer her both in turn. "I don't think I'll mention to Aros that I was holding out on him, even though it wasn't intentional. I turned her down last night, but tonight is a different story. I hope you really do have enough water."

I pick out a pastry as well, and sample the pickles. Lady Gennifer certainly managed to make the cursed land she lived in produce to its fullest. The whiskey is single malt and quite smooth. I still grimace choking it down.
Reply With Quote
  #187  
Unread 7th of October, 2008, 12:25
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.87 per day)
I can't help but laugh again as Mizuki's face twist into a grimace.

I take the whiskey, and take a swig. My eyes close as I inhale deeply, and then exhale a long breathe. Oh yeah...that's whiskey... all right. I take a bite of pastry hoping the sweet lessen some of the burn.

Yeah, Aros would probably love to have some of this. Maybe we should save some?
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.
Reply With Quote
  #188  
Unread 7th of October, 2008, 22:54
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.03 per day)
"Yeah, probably. He'd be more appreciative. Or... if things go badly, I might want to have saved some anyway." I chuckle.

I'm fairly quiet while enjoying the rest of 'dinner'.
Reply With Quote
  #189  
Unread 8th of October, 2008, 00:08
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.87 per day)
I listen to the quiet of the night, as I finish the pastry, and enjoy the warmth spreading.

My mind continues to wander on the desert.

After some time, "I suppose I should get some rest before dawn."
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.
Reply With Quote
  #190  
Unread 8th of October, 2008, 01:18
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.03 per day)
I look up, startled out of my own thoughts.

"Do you need me to leave you be so you can deal with the bones? I'm so sorry. I wasn't thinking."
Reply With Quote
  #191  
Unread 8th of October, 2008, 01:29
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.87 per day)
"I don't think Malak returned them to their resting place, but I'll check."

I stand and go to where the bones were. Have they been returned?
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.
Reply With Quote
  #192  
Unread 8th of October, 2008, 01:41
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.43 per day)
No, Malak kept them in his pack.
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Reply With Quote
  #193  
Unread 8th of October, 2008, 02:00
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.87 per day)
I return to Mizuki, "No, he still has them in his pack. You know, the rightful place for a spirit to rest. Although if the boy was killed on his home plane, his spirit should have been released then, but you can never tell when strong magicks come into play." I shrug, and sit back down.
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.
Reply With Quote
  #194  
Unread 8th of October, 2008, 02:19
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.03 per day)
"Well, hopefully there will be time to set it right still.

Good night then, OmniFrost. Thank you for the company. I'm going to that little hollow in the lee side of the dune, if you need me. I'm a little worried something nasty might have followed me here, so I think I'll keep watch for a while yet."


I gather my stuff and turn towards the direction where Scratch was.
Reply With Quote
  #195  
Unread 8th of October, 2008, 02:48
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.87 per day)
"Very well. Good night." I watch as Mizuki heads over to the lee side of the dune.

"As if I didn't already have a good enough reason for staying awake." I shake my head.

I slide my pack off, and retrieve an old book I've been reading for some time. After some time I return it to the pack. I slide the pack back on, and make my way to the chimes. I spend the rest of the night listening to the chimes, and the desert. An hour before dawn, or as best as I can tell, when dawn is arriving, I'll make my decision.
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.
Reply With Quote
  #196  
Unread 8th of October, 2008, 03:47
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.03 per day)
I will head back to Scratch, change out of this dreadful dress, and take turns with her sleeping and watching tonight.
Reply With Quote
  #197  
Unread 8th of October, 2008, 04:24
MadDogMaddux's Avatar
MadDogMaddux
Bone Naga

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Member: #2980
Posts: 1,319 (0.34 per day)
For the first time in what seems like 10 years, I sleep the entire night through, heavy as a brick. (unless the GM says otherwise!)
Reply With Quote
  #198  
Unread 8th of October, 2008, 06:12
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.43 per day)
The night continues without incident and the desert cools to a chill by sunrise, though there is no condensation on the sand, none at all actually. It is very dry. Both Omni (though her dehydration is mitigated) and Mizuki will be thirsty come morning. Most everyone here seems the "early riser" sort, and there's a big day ahead, so we start the awakening 'fore sunrise, which is probably a good thing.
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Reply With Quote
  #199  
Unread 8th of October, 2008, 06:23
MadDogMaddux's Avatar
MadDogMaddux
Bone Naga

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Member: #2980
Posts: 1,319 (0.34 per day)
I stir first inside the Rope Trick, fading from a dreamless sleep into the pre-dawn of reality as the early traces of light trickle in through the "window". Glancing over, I see Aros still asleep, and determine to wait for him before I make my own exit. So I content myself with looking out the "window" into the world below, watching. And while it is quiet yet, I consider what spells may be of best service for the day.

Last edited by MadDogMaddux; 8th of October, 2008 at 06:27.
Reply With Quote
  #200  
Unread 8th of October, 2008, 06:34
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.87 per day)
I continue to sit by the chimes and watch the darkness turn to light. "I wonder what a sunrise looks like here." As I drink some more water, and wait for the others to show themselves.
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 20:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren