Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Chris Chandler's Games > Epicureans

Unread 14th of November, 2008, 14:13
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

Member: #2781
"Scratch, I'm here. If that other soul was meant to reside in me... what you said earlier has me thinking. Are you sure it was even a dragon? I mean, look at the details. I'm here."
Unread 14th of November, 2008, 15:32
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

Member: #2777
"It's actually quite an interesting dilemma. As the Old One helped to point out, these are spirits that have joined us. The similarities and differences are sometimes so small the lines blur. I know who I am, but I wonder, if these spirits have no body, or time, or realm, to return to, I wonder if we can merge into one. I'd hate to displace a spirit that seems to have done nothing but, be in the wrong place, at the wrong time, and force it to wonder alone. Although the unforseen disadvantage is highly unnerving. Perhaps I should consult Ehlonna? Nahhh, what fun would it be to just be given an answer!"

Last edited by LightBringer; 14th of November, 2008 at 15:53. Reason: It was supposed to be a thought bubble.
Unread 15th of November, 2008, 04:53
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

Member: #1475
You don't have a tail. You don't understand - the memories were of a dragon that... might have been me, but... it wasn't. Do you remember the Seyn River, down south of the Capital. There's a few dryads and a Nixie village - you know the place. You've cousins there. I was there, but in a... different time? Maybe a different time, but it didn't make sense to me. I was the evil in the forest where the Seyn flows, the slumberer beneath the sycamore with scales of Celadon.

She circles around in a bit of a panic -

None of my nasty kin live in the forest there, do they? Do they?! I'm not like them!!!

You can tell, that she's getting ready to shift, perhaps throw up a defenisve mirage, perhaps disappear. You have time to stop her, if you wish.

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Unread 15th of November, 2008, 05:52
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

I put a hand on her side, and lean in. If I'm her anchor, then I'm her anchor. "No, sis, of course not. We are who we choose to be. Don't let the memories freak you out. Who you are now is what matters. You are most certainly not nasty, and never have been. You know how I feel about that. I'd know. You are my Scratch, my bestest!"
Unread 15th of November, 2008, 05:57
Chris Chandler

She seems to calm a bit and looks to the others -

So, who are they?

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Unread 15th of November, 2008, 06:23
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

I look over and smile at Scratch, "Hi, I'm OmniFrost, remember, we met earlier."
Unread 15th of November, 2008, 11:02
MadDogMaddux
Bone Naga

Member: #2980
I shake my head, I'm afraid I have little more to offer than I did before...
Unread 15th of November, 2008, 12:55
Doombot
Spirit of the Spartan Nation [Epic]

Member: #1704
And I have even less. I am a Captain of the Knights of Brey, but more than that, I don't recall. Everything is pieces -- a face, or a place, but nothing concrete.
Unread 15th of November, 2008, 13:36
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

I smile at OmniFrost's attempt at humor, because it really is too heavy around here. And having had most of my quips fall flat, I hope she'll realize it's appreciated.

I wish I knew what they were thinking. I try to go on the bits and pieces I have and try to help them work through their memories as well as I can, being the only one without this burden. Malak's situation I've already got tumbling around in my mind, and OmniFrost hasn't really said much beyond...

"OmniFrost, you thought that perhaps it was another incarnation of yourselves? Why? Scratch's memories seem out of character with her very being, but they are of a similar being to her, a dragon... were your memories as drastically foreign to you as hers were? I mean in character, anyway. And Aros, I don't understand. You don't recall? Malak recalled two whole lifetimes in detail. I wonder why you don't remember... and Scratch, the reason I asked if you were sure it was a dragon was specifically because you said you thought it was meant for me. Maybe there was a 5th spirit meant for me?

All that you all say is so confusing!

So, here's what I can offer to help with the puzzle. I can do this three times a day. I don't know if it is good to do
or not, based on your very different reactions. I do know what I am doing is a blessing, so it should not be harming you, at the very least. Over time, with enough exposure, maybe breakfast, lunch and dinner, there might be more sense to be made, and you might learn to know these other souls ... perhaps not.

I'm not burdened as you are. I would like to help ease it though."
Unread 15th of November, 2008, 14:35
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

"Actually for me there was little difference between this time and the last. The reason I think they are possibly past, or future lives is that my second life follows a similar path to my life here. The main memory that stands out because of it's difference is the fact Captain Frost is a soldier in the service of the Duke of Furyondy, and to be honest it's not that far of a reach to see how I could have gone down that path." I simply shrug at Mizuki.
Unread 17th of November, 2008, 00:07
Doombot

At Mizuki's mention of my name, I look quickly over at her and grimace.

When you invoke your blessing, I see two histories, but only the 'false' one is clear. The other is nothing but a mish-mash. I can recall back as far as my mission in Ashtakala, with the Lords of Dust, but beyond that...there is a span of more than ten years that is gone completely. The farther back I go, the more I can remember, until my childhood. That seems relatively intact, although it is similar enough to my other set of memories that I may just be fooling myself.

You can repeat your blessing as often as you wish, but without a clearer notion of who I am, I doubt that I will make much headway discerning who

(I am.)
this other soul is.
Unread 17th of November, 2008, 04:49
MadDogMaddux
Bone Naga

I nod in agreement with Aros, It may indeed be helpful, but at this time I am not sure how. The new information given to us by the abomination seems to hold true, however. Knowing that I am the vessel of another spirit seems to allow me to confirm its existence.
Unread 17th of November, 2008, 05:38
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

I nod and rummage in my pack.

"Okay. The offer is out there. In the meantime, it's lunchtime. Here's the whiskey." I hand it off to Aros, and pull the fish, the bread, and the rest of my care package and offer some to everyone, myself last.

"So, we've got one pony... wait, two ponies"
I smile at OmniFrost, "to procure, four stowaway souls or something like that, some kind of ripple effect to watch out for, a demon on the loose, and something else."

I pause, taking a bite, and thinking. Around this time the aura fades.

"To be absolutely honest, I really do want to go after the demon, and haven't done so already out of concern for the rest of you. I don't want that to slip through the cracks at all. I still am concerned, of course, but you do seem to be a much more formidable group of individuals than I usually encounter!

Anyway, like I said, I listened to Scratch's wisdom and 'get my bearings' before taking her own. It turned out that was wise, as we've learned a whole lot today that would have been a big ugly surprise if I'd have been on Abigail's trail finding out."

Last edited by LadyGlutter; 17th of November, 2008 at 05:44. Reason: color editing
Unread 17th of November, 2008, 05:57
MadDogMaddux
Bone Naga

I nod again, and begin fishing in my belt pouch, Don't forget the Necromancer I have to deal with, as well. After a moment of concentration, I begin to pull something out of the pouch, Scratch, I don't know if this will suit or not, or even if this will work, but you're welcome to it.

So saying I pull a *MULE* out of the pouch on my belt. I take the tack and saddle off, and they dissappear immediately into thin air.

Sitting down, I grin.
Unread 17th of November, 2008, 06:11
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

I take a small piece of fish, and bread, smiling and nodding to Mizuki. I begin to retrieve something from my pocket as Malak attempts to draw a mule from a pouch.
Unread 17th of November, 2008, 06:17
Chris Chandler

Scratch, too, is incredulous.

Muleflesh... Why do I get the feeling that this is going to be a light meal? I mean, no offense, but I think it's gonna vanish when I try and eat it.

Scratch gladly takes some proffered fish.

Unread 17th of November, 2008, 07:35
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

"That certainly was interesting." I shrug, "Oh well, it was a well intentioned effort, and an interesting revelation. I was wondering what certain items would do."
Unread 17th of November, 2008, 11:42
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

I chuckle, looking at the mule. "Can you put it away? No, suppose not. Well, it smells great in here now.

I hadn't forgotten Loric, Malak. What you said about Obad-Hai talking to you, well, those kinds of things are what I meant by 'getting our bearings'. I had hoped that we could figure something out."
Unread 17th of November, 2008, 14:09
Doombot

I take the proffered whiskey, uncork the bottle, and sniff it before having a toothful. Swallowing the liquor, I ruminate on it's flavor for a moment before resealing the bottle and handing it back to Mizuki.

Thank you. It's not bad, as far as whiskey goes, but the sourness isn't complimented by the heat. Something a little paler and more bitter is called for. Somehow, I say sadly, I don't think whatever savages live in these parts even know what hops are.
Unread 17th of November, 2008, 14:47
MadDogMaddux
Bone Naga

I shrug and take the mule outside and tether it there. Sitting back down, I pull out another waterskin and take a long pull before offering it to anyone else, then take some of the fish, myself. Well, I can concede that it may not have been Obad-Hai himself talking to me. We've established that, but the bones....I am positive they belong to one of the boys Loric slaughtered. So that may not be coincidence. That being said, I realize that we do have other things to sort out first.
Unread 18th of November, 2008, 02:05
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

Huh. Didn't take him to be so finicky. Still don't, actually. I take back the flask from Aros and set it down in reach of anyone. "No, the terrain doesn't look great for hops, you're right. I may as well warn you that as far as food goes, you're in for bland after this is all gone, also. Healthy, but boring. Unless we find civilization."

My eyes wander all over everyone as I chew on my food slowly. "I guess I'll be the one to broach the subject. We could look at things by asking, are we still parting ways, or are we remaining a group? Or, we could simply discuss which way we each intend to go, and let that sort out what we do. But I think we all know that the fact you are all interconnected in some way, but we don't know the specifics yet... it does complicate the issue. I will confess I have mixed feelings."
Unread 18th of November, 2008, 02:11
MadDogMaddux
Bone Naga

Considering that we are all interconnected, the four of us, it doesn't seem to make sense to part ways. If we stay together, at least we may have a chance of limiting whatever collateral damage we may cause each other...
Unread 18th of November, 2008, 03:55
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

I go back to pouring myself a cup of water while the mule is dealt with.

"Well, staying together is probably a sound strategy, and finding anything that came through with us could help solve the situation. My vote is still for finding Abagail, or whatever it is that came through with us. Although food is not really my thing, I'll see what I can come up with for breakfast."
Unread 18th of November, 2008, 14:07
Chris Chandler

Scratch snorts -

There are good things that come from being in a small group. For one, predators don't mess with packs, they mess with individuals and herds. I know that my clutchmates and I never had issue with... er any sort of fox, if you understand that.

She looks out into the sandstorm.

There's no way that this place can be nothing but dunes and wind and rocks. Wind has to come from somewhere, and we're seeing the signs of water. Those armies we left in the dunes, they don't live like wolf spiders, I'll tell you that. They had too much meat on their bones to live the life of a desert nomad. They came out to die, not live. That creature might have been nasty, but I believe it was right about heading to civilization.

She looks back to the group -

It's likely we'll find more trouble in whatever place passes for civilized lands around here, but there's likely answers, as well, at least about the here and now.

Unread 18th of November, 2008, 15:56
MadDogMaddux
Bone Naga

I smile a wry grin, Civilization.....now there is something that has become foreign to me...