Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Wired*Nun's Games > ...It Brings On Many Changes

Unread 14th of February, 2009, 03:39
Bad Luck Charm
Effigy [GM]

Member: #3028
Interesting idea, never done it before in a pbp game.

Are the two groups of players always going to be seperated from each other in-game?
Unread 14th of February, 2009, 03:43
Vortigern
Bodak [GM]

Member: #7429
Do the two investigative groups share the meta-thread, or will they collaborate seperately as groups?

"Adventure is something bad, happening to someone else, far far away."
Unread 14th of February, 2009, 03:59
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

Member: #787
sounds like a good idea
Unread 14th of February, 2009, 04:44
Wired*Nun
Author of Sci-Fi Thrillers [Epic GM]

Member: #830
The two groups will generally be separated. The problem with putting 8 people in a thread is it will get hung up constantly when one person is late. I find that even 4 will slow down because everyone is waiting (and pissed off) at someone's not posting. I will probably push action forward at that point, even if it means god-modding someone. I try to give fair warning when I do this.

The two groups will certainly cross paths and quite possibly have meetings from time to time. They may be communicating by modern means as well - the unofficial group isn't a deep secret, just will not be publically sanctioned by the Prince.

The metagaming thread will be open and encouraged for all. You will have to keep a reasonable separation as far as overt actions taken i.e., I'm not trying to set up a situation where OOC knowledge destroys supension of disbelief and guides unreasonable IC actions.

Example - Bad: Metagame discussion brings up the location of the Disk With All The Information that one in Group Ventrue found out about but everyone forgot about it because it was so long ago. Group Misfit immediately takes a taxi to the location to retieve it, before anyone tells them IC.

Example - Good: Metagame discussion reminds everyone of the Disk With All The Information stashed in the Secret Location. Someone in Group Ventrue texts someone in Group Misfit to go retrieve it ASAP.
Unread 16th of February, 2009, 00:23
Mountain_Guardian
Unanimated Corpse

Member: #1558
Question

Pardon the intrusion, as I just found this thread (and it's originator) today, but I would like to post my interest in joining the "misfit" group with a Garou concept, if at all possible now or in the near future. for ST info, would probably be either odd Uktena, or Silent Strider, but open to ST caveat.
Unread 18th of February, 2009, 03:32
Wired*Nun

Or its. His, hers, its.

I'm loath to expand beyond the 8 right now. We haven't even started after all and I'm essentially gong to be ruunning two games not one. I didn't anticipate how popular this would be. It seems as if someone always drops out, though, so I will keep you at the top of the list.

Other matters - I will add some more stuff this evening later after my boss has gone home and I can pull out my books here at work. My intent is to get all the backstory in, and if I am feeling really motivated, we might even start with the story threads.
Unread 18th of February, 2009, 04:20
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

Member: #787
Originally Posted by ikay # I'm sure he'll be thrilled to hear you say so
there may be some "Presence" at work
Unread 18th of February, 2009, 07:41
Wired*Nun

Everyone please take 3 extra freebie points in languages, edit your character sheets accordingly to make sure you all have English and two other major world languages at a minimum. If you already have plenty of languages, take three more. I don't want any silly situations where people can't speak to each other.

This is on top of your starting points.

Don't rearrange points to move them elsewhere, please. They are not fungible, I would like you to have the languages.
Unread 18th of February, 2009, 10:20
Bad Luck Charm
Effigy [GM]

Major language options being: Mandarin, Cantonese, French, Spanish, German, Japanese, Russian? Am I missing any?
Unread 18th of February, 2009, 10:27
Benicus
Brain in a Jar [Epic GM]

Member: #1716
...English? Arabic, Farsi maybe, hindi maybe.
Unread 18th of February, 2009, 10:35
Wired*Nun

Swahili is may people's 3rd or 4th language in sub-saharan Africa. I would second Arabic, Farsi, and definitely Hindi. Korean, Portugese (a couple hundred million Brazilians can't be wrong), Really any language that at is recognized, written and say at least 100 million people speak it. That might include (i'm just guessing here) Tagalog, Indonesian, Vietnamese, Thai, Ukrainian...I'm not fussy.

PS if you saw this posted under another name...it autologged in to my wife's account and I didn't notice for a moment.
Unread 18th of February, 2009, 11:31
Wired*Nun

Please look back over the last few posts in the Story Thus Far, I made some edits and adds. Also, please ask any question about obvious gaps (I'm sure there are some, whatever I missed) and I will try to fill them in. Ask the questions here, I will make edits there.
Unread 18th of February, 2009, 13:07
Wired*Nun

I have posted the initial Misfits thread. All you misfits, reply with your action in that thread. Remember, third person present tense, make the font match, proofread your post, make it RP. If you need to ask me something OOC, either here or in your GM Comms is the place for it.

It's too late to do the other thread tonight, I'm wrung out anyway. This is hard work.
Unread 19th of February, 2009, 01:29
ikay
Bodak

Member: #2720
Originally Posted by Wired*Nun # It's too late to do the other thread tonight, I'm wrung out anyway. This is hard work.
It is hard work, I know. It's fun to read the other's stuff as well, and we (us?) Ventrue can be patient.
Unread 19th of February, 2009, 03:26
Wired*Nun

Originally Posted by Wired*Nun # Everyone please take 3 extra freebie points in languages, edit your character sheets accordingly to make sure you all have English and two other major world languages at a minimum. If you already have plenty of languages, take three more. I don't want any silly situations where people can't speak to each other.

This is on top of your starting points.

Don't rearrange points to move them elsewhere, please. They are not fungible, I would like you to have the languages.
As one player pointed out, what I really mean is take whatever amount in Linguistics gets you 2-3 more languages, unless it really disrupts your character concept.

Or one more dot minimum if it happens to get you more languages, e.g., from 4 to 5.

Last edited by Wired*Nun; 19th of February, 2009 at 03:53.
Unread 19th of February, 2009, 07:45
Wired*Nun

It looks like I may be delayed in getting the Ventrue thread up - I might or might not tonight - have to take the boy-childe to a youth activity.

Misfits can start posting any time in their thread.
Unread 19th of February, 2009, 08:13
Vortigern
Bodak [GM]

Member: #7429
Tease. I went there first.

"Adventure is something bad, happening to someone else, far far away."
Unread 19th of February, 2009, 08:56
Bad Luck Charm
Effigy [GM]

I'll try to post something tonight to get started. I'm a little fried right now, spent the past four hours in a conference call with a group of particle physisicts lol.
Unread 19th of February, 2009, 09:07
Bad Luck Charm
Effigy [GM]

Question - do our characters know the details in each of these files? Or do we have to discover them as we go?

Edit: Second Question - is it safe to assume your first post in 'Our Story Thus Far' is common knowledge among kindred, or would such matters that get discussed by the primogen be considered secret and not known by most kindred?

Last edited by Bad Luck Charm; 19th of February, 2009 at 09:10.
Unread 19th of February, 2009, 12:29
Wired*Nun

It is safe to assume that the gist of all of that is common knowledge among everyone but the Mage, or will be soon. The Ventrue will get it up front, the misfits will get it pretty soon. I'll leave it up to you try to avoid any blatant paradoxes right now.

The key thing is that some of the murders relate to some of your backgrounds. It will be up to the PCs to bring out these hooks in RP and in the metagaming thread.
Unread 19th of February, 2009, 13:47
Wired*Nun

For those of you waiting with bated breath, I am writing the Ventrue post right now. Should be done within the hour.
Unread 20th of February, 2009, 00:19
Wired*Nun

Everyone needs to make at least one post now. For the Ventrue, it should be something that covers the time from now until the meeting if possible. For the rest, it should cover whatever the PC will be doing as far forward as you can before you need a decision or input from the GM or another PC.
Unread 20th of February, 2009, 00:22
Wired*Nun

A note on the colors...I'm not a big fan of using color to designate ordinary speech. I have used color in the past for some very specific circumstances e.g., telepathic speech.

If you do want to use color, it has to be something light and easy to read. I'm going to edit Vortigern's post as an example. For those of you who didn't see it before, everything in quotes was crimson.

Also, please quote from earlier posts only when necessary for clarity and reference, especially when rearranging the order of a conversation or responding to multiple inquiries within a conversation. Routinely quoting whole paragraphs tends to break up the clean look of the narrative.

As always, I will edit the threads to make them look and flow better. Thanks for your understanding of my idiosyncracies.

Last edited by Wired*Nun; 20th of February, 2009 at 00:31.
Unread 20th of February, 2009, 01:06
Darqueone
Spectre

Member: #2897
*sulks* Had a response to the Ventrue thread last night. Intrawebz fell over when I hit post. Cranky now. Will rebuild in a couple hours. Poop.
Unread 20th of February, 2009, 01:39
Wired*Nun

Yes, I know exactly how you feel. Like you just dropped your wallet into the storm drain, watching it wash away...this is why I routinely copy my posts before hitting "post"...though that doesn't protect against power outages. Sorry about that. *hugz*