Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Wired*Nun's Games > ...It Brings On Many Changes

Closed Thread
Unread 16th of March, 2009, 20:42
ikay
Bodak

Member: #2720
Oh good, less ignorant then I feared. Taking out a small diary, Christiaan writes down ’19:00, McGreggor’ at tomorrow’s date, saying out loud: “If I can’t make it, I’ll let you know.”

Replacing the diary in the attach-case, Christiaan sits up again and picks up the pen, straightening his note-pad as he does so. He briefly half-shakes his head as he resumes making notes. “An interesting question,” he replies.

“Well, the last one, then. The playground. You said there were strange scrapes? Can you describe them? Did you find the same marks anywhere else, is that what made you notice them? What material were the poles made of? Were there any other wounds on the bodies and can you tell how long it was before they died?”

Rather a lot of questions and Christiaan doesn’t dare go into the fact that Cristobal was identified as already dead before he went on the pole. He wonders though, about the assessment of it being two weeks and makes a note to find out something about the decomposition rate of Kindred when final death happens, vs. the date of there first death. In case McGreggor is reading along, he makes this note in Dutch, though.

Last edited by ikay; 17th of March, 2009 at 04:34.
Unread 17th of March, 2009, 01:25
Wired*Nun
Author of Sci-Fi Thrillers [Epic GM]

Member: #830
"The scrapes were fresh in the concrete, you know? There are lots of scrapes, but these had that white look of freshly damaged concrete. There were four parallel scratches, like you took a garden tool and struck the surface. It was just in one place. If it was made by some kind of a tool, held in the hand, the person would have been facing east, struck downward against the concrete, and scraped westward. But there was only that one set."

"The poles were normal tetherball poles - 3 inch diameter hollow steel pipe, filled with concrete and capped with a blunt pipe cap. Jammed right up their asses, I have no idea how. Must have taken a freakin' hydraulic press. You'll have to ask the ME about the details. My gut tells me that anyone that had that happen...wouldn't live long. But the ME says that the gangbanger was already dead. I have no idea what that means."
Unread 17th of March, 2009, 04:32
ikay
Bodak

Christiaan takes care not to suppress his wince. “Yes, if it happened fast, I imagine the shock itself would be enough to kill someone.”

He takes a moment to review his notes. “As you say, a case for Sherlock Holmes. Unfortunately, he’s unavailable, so we’ll have to try it ourselves. Just something I was wondering about: the timing with the two men in the freezer. Am I correct in assuming they died about nine pm? Or were they quartered around that time? How long would they have been in the freezer before that?”

Christiaan checks his watch, to see what time it is, but also to give Patrick another chance to ask his questions. He’s reluctant to dominate McGreggor into staying any longer, especially since they’ve already made a follow-up appointment and the man, although seemingly calm now, was upset before. If Patrick has nothing to add, he’s about ready to wrap things up.
Unread 17th of March, 2009, 07:49
Wired*Nun

"I dunno when they died. Since they were frozen, it's hard to know, they tell me. But the Shamrock was closed on Monday all day and evening, so they were placed there between closing time Monday early morning, and opening time Tuesday late morning. The cooler was not a freezer, but it was damn close - kept the beer at 33 degrees F [1/2 degree C], you know. So the cooler did not freeze the chunks, but it kept them from thawing. Based on that...it could have been around 9pm, could have been plus or minus 4 hours or so. If they were 'processed' at the butcher shop, it had to have been between 7pm and 7am, so that narrows it a bit again. It would have taken about four hours to freeze solid...you do the math."

It's around 11pm by now. The night is young, though the good middle-aged police Captain is not. He's wilting with fatigue, and getting grumpier by the minute.
Unread 18th of March, 2009, 08:22
ikay
Bodak

His eyes move from his watch to Patrick and then to McGreggor. He waits a moment, thinking. Before the silence can get uncomfortable, Christiaan smiles at the captain. “Thank you, captain McGreggor, for being so generous with your time. You’ve given me a lot to think about. We will not keep you any longer, now. I will see you tomorrow evening. If anything comes up, please let us know. If we find something that can be of use to you, we will of course do the same.”

Assuming the captain takes his leave, Christiaan motions for a waiter to come, so he can pay the bill. Following that, he will invite Patrick to ride with him in his car [and I’m assuming Patrick will take the ride, since they came in Christiaan’s car]. He declines to talk about the case while they are leaving, although he does give a comment about the dcor of the restaurant. ‘Picturesque’, is the word he uses.

As they walk to the car, he takes out his cell-phone and dials Rurik’s number. He wants to find out the ETA the other team has for the Silver Shamrock.
Unread 18th of March, 2009, 08:44
Wired*Nun

"Hnnh," he grunts as he stands. "I hope you don't hear from me for about eight hours." He checks his cell phone for a moment. "I hate these things. See you at seven." He slides out of the booth, closing the privacy door behind him.

The waiter waves away the request for the bill. "It's been taken care of," he says. "By miss Kashlinkova."

Both Kindred know of Anna Kashlinkova, a reclusive Toreador and onetime pop singer that lives in DC. That's the only person they would associate that name with.

He makes the call on his cell phone...
Unread 20th of March, 2009, 23:51
ikay
Bodak

Originally Posted by ikay # Unless Rurik has anything more to say, Christiaan will politely finish the conversation and summarize it for Patrick [See thread T/R]. Assuming Patrick has no objections they will then drive to the morgue to find the other two vampires again.
Christiaan leads the way back to his car. He's mulling over the conversation they just had with McGreggor. When they're inside and are driving to the ME he looks at Patrick in the mirror, asking: "So, any thoughts on what we're after?"
Closed Thread