Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Wired*Nun's Games > ...It Brings On Many Changes

Reply
Thread Tools
  #426  
Unread 4th of February, 2010, 07:56
Darqueone's Avatar
Darqueone
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Member: #2897
Location: Altus OK
Posts: 776 (0.19 per day)
OOC No worries!
Reply With Quote
  #427  
Unread 5th of February, 2010, 01:07
Wired*Nun's Avatar
Wired*Nun
Author of Sci-Fi Thrillers [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #830
Location: Woodbridge, Virginia
Posts: 8,526 (1.62 per day)
Christiaan is not sure whether it's Menicus' handwriting, he only saw it the once. It certainly could be.

Where did that book go?

He vaguely remembers Rurik putting it into his briefcase...where it perhaps has lain forgotten?
Reply With Quote
  #428  
Unread 5th of February, 2010, 02:04
Darqueone's Avatar
Darqueone
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Member: #2897
Location: Altus OK
Posts: 776 (0.19 per day)
Tatyana sighs quietly to herself. Never fails... One feels the tenuous grip of a lead, a thread of some sort... and events intervene before you can get a firm hold of it. She considers, thinking. We were mandated to discover who is behind the very public murders, clearly designed to Break the Masquarade. We find evidence of Lupine involvement, and a dragon or lizard-like creature with some similarities in behavior and modus operandi as the Lupines. And of course, this deluded Nosferatau. Wild swings in mood, here... and she is being cultivated by someone. Who just now happens to arrive. Hm.
I suspect Ms. Dobson and the Prince here will want more information than we have at the moment. Unless this 'suitor' of Eveline's has new or more information, we are best advised to move on with Eveline to the other scenes, and look for the Hunters who persued the 'Dragon' last night.

She glances towards the door, hiding her impatience.
Reply With Quote
  #429  
Unread 5th of February, 2010, 14:16
Scythe's Avatar
Scythe
Bodak

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Member: #2925
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 895 (0.23 per day)
William slowly walks into the room, scanning its occupants. He somehow felt like the center of attention; he knew that he would create such a scene. Kindred naturally tended towards skepticism and suspicion towards other of their brothel, and in this kind of situation, investigation, those feelings were only typical.

However, he did not let this tense atmosphere bring him down, and he easily keeps his composure while he made his presence known. He is vested in fashionable black business suit, though he seems to be pretty casual about his manner and look. A tad bit informal, as his vest and uppershirt are unbuttoned. He gently smiles and slightly bows, like he did with Rurik earlier outside. He is followed by his two servants whom remain stoic to a certain degree, staying close to William.

"Bonsoir, good evening. Let me present myself; William Lacroix, Ventrue. Please, don't be alarmed by my presence and arrival, as I can see. Katrina Dobson has requested my involvement within this Coterie and it's proceedings, and so I am here." he says, somewhat hoping that introductions could follow, and all the proper formalities proceed quickly. His tone is smooth and adequate, enchanting even to a certain degree, and is a clearly understandable English; though someone with a keen enough hearing could pick up deviations in his voice that supposes a french accent.

Last edited by Wired*Nun; 6th of February, 2010 at 00:25.
Reply With Quote
  #430  
Unread 6th of February, 2010, 00:33
Wired*Nun's Avatar
Wired*Nun
Author of Sci-Fi Thrillers [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #830
Location: Woodbridge, Virginia
Posts: 8,526 (1.62 per day)
Rurik blocks the retainers access to the house after William enters, by the simple expedient of holding out a hand, saying, "Wait outside," putting it in the first one's chest if necessary, and closing the door in his face. William feels Rurik's Presence flare just a bit, as if to reinforce his point. He then follows William into the sitting room, shrugging slightly as the other two look at him briefly.

(Presuming William does not make any strenuous objection to his men being kept out):

After Lacroix' introduction, Rurik speaks. "I recognize him." This seems to be a confirmatory statement about William's identity, rather than a commentary on his own acuity.
Reply With Quote
  #431  
Unread 6th of February, 2010, 04:13
Darqueone's Avatar
Darqueone
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Member: #2897
Location: Altus OK
Posts: 776 (0.19 per day)
The woman standing half in the shadows of the room offers a respectful nod of her head, and replies in Russian-accented French. "Dama Tatyana Romanova, Monsieur. Enchante."

She has wavy black hair at shoulder length, and green eyes. She is dressed as an elegantly conservative business woman; understated and classy.

Last edited by Darqueone; 6th of February, 2010 at 07:37. Reason: Typos...
Reply With Quote
  #432  
Unread 8th of February, 2010, 02:59
Scythe's Avatar
Scythe
Bodak

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Member: #2925
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 895 (0.23 per day)
"It's all right. Wait in the car and call me if you suspect anything." he says in a very commanding tone. The ghoul brothers nod and turn around, waiting in the armored vehicle, analyzing their surroundings. He was always amazed at how easily it was to sway humans with vitae.

The newly arrived Ventrue gently smiles as the lovely woman in the back presents herself. Katrina Dobson had told him about a wealthy Kindred from a strong lineage that was invited to participate in the Inauguration Murders investigation. It must be her.

"Enchantť, pleasure is all mine" he says softly, while giving a respectful yet pronounced bow, adequate enough for a woman from a noble line, he supposes. William knew how important a first impression was, and if trust was to be established early on, he had to show his worth.

Last edited by Wired*Nun; 9th of February, 2010 at 01:56.
Reply With Quote
  #433  
Unread 8th of February, 2010, 03:30
Darqueone's Avatar
Darqueone
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Member: #2897
Location: Altus OK
Posts: 776 (0.19 per day)
She offers Mssr. Lacroix a small smile.

Last edited by Wired*Nun; 9th of February, 2010 at 01:57.
Reply With Quote
  #434  
Unread 9th of February, 2010, 02:03
Wired*Nun's Avatar
Wired*Nun
Author of Sci-Fi Thrillers [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #830
Location: Woodbridge, Virginia
Posts: 8,526 (1.62 per day)
The Nos woman puts aside the book and rises, walking to meet the newcomer with all the summoned grace and charm of a two-bit stage actress. "Enchantť, messieur." She holds out her hand, all but thrusting it into William's in her eagerness to have it taken. Her dress and coiffage are as lovely as her face is hideous.

"Welcome to my home. Won't you come in; would you like some tea? Are you here about poor Jean-Claude, may he rest in peace?"
Reply With Quote
  #435  
Unread 16th of February, 2010, 04:25
ikay's Avatar
ikay
Bodak

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Member: #2720
Location: Utrecht
Posts: 880 (0.20 per day)
Christiaan inclines his head slightly in the direction of the newcomer. "Bonsoir," he says as well. "Christiaan van der Luyden." He is a tall man in an immaculate suit of European cut. His name betrays his European roots and the way he pronounces it affirms that these roots were left not all to long ago. His hair is cropped short and in the dim light it is hard to make out his eyes, but there seems to be a blue glint in them. He is also unnaturaly healthy looking, for a Vampire.

He stays where he is for the moment, wondering somewhat amused how Lacroix was going to react to Eveline.
Reply With Quote
  #436  
Unread 16th of February, 2010, 04:38
Scythe's Avatar
Scythe
Bodak

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Member: #2925
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 895 (0.23 per day)
He nods towards Christiaan, and then quickly checks his watch.

"Interesting, these kindred are. Let's see how this goes... oh God, what is THAT?!"

The Ventrue smiles as the hideous woman makes her approach. It took every effort in the world to not act surprised by the contrast of beauty and beast. And yet, something about this woman intrigued him, to some degree, of course.

He takes her hand and gently kisses it as he kneels in front her, manner of respect, not that she would deserve it. Her hand was crisp and revolting, but sacrifices must be made for the cause. However, by ignoring the fact that she was repulsive, he hoped a bond could be created that would let him converse easily with her and the rest of their little group.

"Oh, of course, of course. Mr. Reynaude's passing was a great tragedy to us all I imagine. My condolences madame. I suppose both of you were very close to speak of him in that manner?"
Reply With Quote
  #437  
Unread 20th of February, 2010, 03:55
Wired*Nun's Avatar
Wired*Nun
Author of Sci-Fi Thrillers [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #830
Location: Woodbridge, Virginia
Posts: 8,526 (1.62 per day)
"We were close, yes, thank you. It was such a blow." She puts the back of her hand to her forehead, theatrically.

"Perhaps we should continue with the matters at hand," Rurik remarks drily. "Is there anything we need to discuss before we go...somewhere?" He turns to Tatyana with a questioning look, as if to say, to where? "One of the crime scenes?"

Last edited by Wired*Nun; 23rd of February, 2010 at 05:59.
Reply With Quote
  #438  
Unread 20th of February, 2010, 09:13
Darqueone's Avatar
Darqueone
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Member: #2897
Location: Altus OK
Posts: 776 (0.19 per day)
Tatyana smiles. "As you say. Madam Eveline, will you lend us your Sight in this?"
Reply With Quote
  #439  
Unread 23rd of February, 2010, 05:39
ikay's Avatar
ikay
Bodak

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Member: #2720
Location: Utrecht
Posts: 880 (0.20 per day)
Christiaan waits a few moments to give Eveline a chance to answer. Whatever is decided upon, he’ll go along. As soon as there is a chance, however, certainly before they leave, he approaches Rurik.

“Mr. Svendsen?” he asks, in a normal, conversational tone as lowering his voice would only draw more attention. “Did you happen to bring the copy of War and Peace? I’d like to take a look.”

If Rurik hasn’t got it, Christiaan will turn to Tatyana without saying anything, in the hope that she will supply the book.
Reply With Quote
  #440  
Unread 23rd of February, 2010, 06:06
Wired*Nun's Avatar
Wired*Nun
Author of Sci-Fi Thrillers [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #830
Location: Woodbridge, Virginia
Posts: 8,526 (1.62 per day)
"Oh, of coahse I will. Please, lead on." Her Southern accent seems to be thickening; it's possible she is slipping into some version of Gone With The Wind in her own mind.

When Christiaan asks about the book, Rurik looks puzzled for a moment, then his eyebrows lift. "Hmmm, yes, I have the book...it's here." He retrieves his briefcase from its resting place by a chair, sets it on a side table and opens it. He flips up the holder of his firearm to reveal the leatherbound copy titled Crime and Punishment, then opens it to riffle its blank pages.

On the first page of the book there is one short line written in the same elegant hand as in Eveline's book. It says, Your thoughts to this point would be much appreciated. -M

Last edited by Wired*Nun; 24th of February, 2010 at 01:56.
Reply With Quote
  #441  
Unread 24th of February, 2010, 01:20
Darqueone's Avatar
Darqueone
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Member: #2897
Location: Altus OK
Posts: 776 (0.19 per day)
Tatyana cocks an eyebrow but admits no posession of the book and seems bemused that Rurik just happens to tote such a thing about with him. She displays no particular interest in the book, however, and waits on the gentlemen.
Reply With Quote
  #442  
Unread 26th of February, 2010, 17:19
Scythe's Avatar
Scythe
Bodak

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Member: #2925
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 895 (0.23 per day)
The newly arrived kindred takes a few moments and observes whom he's going to be dealing with for the the time being, intrigued by his comrades, by their manners and gestures.

While quickly looking at his watch, he notices Rurik taking out some strange book of his briefcase, blank pages. Odd, he presumed, but probably meaningful. He takes note of this in his mind, but prefers to remain silent as the kindred discuss about what is going to happen next.
Reply With Quote
  #443  
Unread 26th of February, 2010, 22:41
ikay's Avatar
ikay
Bodak

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Member: #2720
Location: Utrecht
Posts: 880 (0.20 per day)
Christiaan looks at the single line of writing, glancing up to see whether Rurik has seen it before seemingly returning his attention to those in the room. His thoughts? His thoughts mainly run around the idea that communication seems to be – as always – a problem. It would have been nice to know that Menicus was cultivating this… woman. It would have been nice to know that Dobson was sending over someone. Presumably, both of them would have appreciated being clued in about what this little coterie was doing as well. Then again, Chris had been under the impression that Rurik was keeping Dobson, at least, up to date. And he very much doubted they were doing or discovering anything which Menicus didn’t already know. After all, here he was, communicating with Eveline, so far their only source of anything new. Still, he thought while he idly scratched the back of his neck, it is logical to expect some kind of report as to what we’re doing, I suppose.

“Now, or later?” he says out loud, both to his thoughts and the implied question in the book. “I’d like to inspect the remaining scenes before another night is gone…”

He turns his attention to William: “Monsieur Lacroix, I take it you will be accompanying us?” The second part, the part containing the question why he will do so, is unspoken. Yes, Dobson asked you to. But why?
Reply With Quote
  #444  
Unread 27th of February, 2010, 03:18
Scythe's Avatar
Scythe
Bodak

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Member: #2925
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 895 (0.23 per day)
"Oh, of course Monsieur, that is why I am here" he speaks with a delighted tone, yet continues to look at the book from the corner of his eye.

"Interesting, what importance is that leather-bound book?"

Oddly enough, this Ventrue didn't seem as stereotypical as what other Kindred could believe. He held himself in a relaxed manner, and his suit was more stylish than formal.
Reply With Quote
  #445  
Unread 10th of March, 2010, 05:46
Wired*Nun's Avatar
Wired*Nun
Author of Sci-Fi Thrillers [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #830
Location: Woodbridge, Virginia
Posts: 8,526 (1.62 per day)
Rurik folds the book closed when Christiaan makes no move to receive it. He runs his fingers across its cover for a moment, as if thinking, then slides it back into his briefcase. "I shall write a report at the end of this night, for the Justicar and for the Prince...so I suggest we get on with our business."

He walks over to the door and waits, looking at Tayatana for concurrence or an indication of their next move.
Reply With Quote
  #446  
Unread 11th of March, 2010, 13:38
Darqueone's Avatar
Darqueone
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Member: #2897
Location: Altus OK
Posts: 776 (0.19 per day)
Tatyana nods and moves forward to join Rurik, motioning in invitation to Eveline.
Reply With Quote
  #447  
Unread 12th of March, 2010, 00:10
ikay's Avatar
ikay
Bodak

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Member: #2720
Location: Utrecht
Posts: 880 (0.20 per day)
"Very well," Christiaan all but shrugs. "Shall we return to the Silver Shamrock first? After all, two of the main locations are in that building..."

He reachtes into his pocket to locate his carkey, ready to get going now the decision seems to be made.
Reply With Quote
  #448  
Unread 16th of March, 2010, 07:41
Scythe's Avatar
Scythe
Bodak

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Member: #2925
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 895 (0.23 per day)
"Of course, I have no objection", the Ventrue says with a slight grin. He takes out from his pocket his encoded cellphone and quickly calls his goons to prep' his vehicle for departure.
Reply With Quote
  #449  
Unread 17th of March, 2010, 04:56
Wired*Nun's Avatar
Wired*Nun
Author of Sci-Fi Thrillers [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #830
Location: Woodbridge, Virginia
Posts: 8,526 (1.62 per day)
The investigators proceed to the Silver Shamrock, finding parking a bit difficult until a few breathers are persuaded to move their vehicles and park elsewhere. Beefy retainers do the rest, as the Kindred debouch.

Rurik, Tatyana, Christiaan, Eveline, William gather briefly under the bright lights of Georgetown at the corner to the alley behind the Shamrock; they could seek the rear entrance or go in the front. It's almost seven PM and the place looks half-full and slowly getting more so.

Christiaan and Willaim almost forget about the strange Nos woman until she speaks again.

"Oh, it's so nice to get out and about in public..."

They realize that, with her appearance, going in the front door might cause a stir. It doesn't appear that she has the discipline - or perhaps the inclination - to change her appearance to blend in.

Last edited by Wired*Nun; 17th of March, 2010 at 04:59.
Reply With Quote
  #450  
Unread 20th of March, 2010, 20:29
ikay's Avatar
ikay
Bodak

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Member: #2720
Location: Utrecht
Posts: 880 (0.20 per day)
"Well, we've seen the bar," Christiaan tries to think on his feet. "Why don't we look whether there is a back way into the apartment upstairs?"

He looks at Eveline and considers. "I would also like to at least walk by the butcher's across the street. The police officer said it's probably related."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 02:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren