Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Wired*Nun's Games > ...It Brings On Many Changes

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #51  
Unread 18th of March, 2009, 08:35
Wired*Nun's Avatar
Wired*Nun
Author of Sci-Fi Thrillers [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #830
Location: Woodbridge, Virginia
Posts: 8,526 (1.69 per day)
There is little of interest to the investigation in the house, it appears. Dean finds some letters in French, from someone named Stefan, dated in the late eighteen hundreds, shoved in the back of a drawer. The French is not the best, apparently not written by a native, and speaks as from a Childe to a Sire. Perhaps this was an offspring of his.

There is nothing current. Apparently Jean-Claude was little interested in letters nowadays. There are books scattered throughout in no particular order, with more in what would seem to be a library. Mostly they are books of history, art, philosophy, literature, mostly in French. He seemed to have a taste for Voltaire.

One thing out of place, perhaps, in the fortified master bedroom - a black woman's garter hangs on the corner of the grand mirror, a red one on the other corner. They seem like orphans in an otherwise masculine setting of refuge and sleep.

Upon examination, the ward he tripped proves to be of the Chantry's device. It undoubtedly notified the Chantry of his presence, perhaps he is being watched even now. He finds that vaguely reassuring.

Back at the Chantry, he turns over the red hair sample to an acolyte of Auspex. Later, the following report is given to him, on Chantry paper. Only Tremere of the DC Chantry can read what is written on the paper. Others would see nothing.

Hair is fur of Lupine in Crinos form. Post-menopausal female. Clan unknown. Mental state calm at moment of detachment. No subsequent contamination other than Tremere Dean Noir.

Upon inquiring about the ward, he is informed that it was placed there to keep tabs on Jean-Claude or anyone entering the mansion. It's a routine precaution with places or people of interest, especially those that the Chantry does not have any hold over. It has been in place almost ever since Reynaude bought the place.

Further inquiry shows that Reynaude departed from his mansion at around 8pm on the 20th, and has not returned. It appears Dean has been the first to enter since then.
  #52  
Unread 18th of March, 2009, 10:51
David
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Member: #3238
Location: Washington
Posts: 469 (0.13 per day)
“Yes, please. I would like to talk to them. Also, if you could arrange for me talk to any members of the Locos that are interested, I would appreciate it.”
Handing a business card that he removes from his jacket pocket to Carlos, “If you hear anything that you would like to share you can contact me here. Or if you have need of my other services feel free to give me a call. Thank you for your time.”
Unless Carlos has anything else to add, or ask, Michale will take his leave and return to his office.
  #53  
Unread 19th of March, 2009, 04:56
Wired*Nun's Avatar
Wired*Nun
Author of Sci-Fi Thrillers [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #830
Location: Woodbridge, Virginia
Posts: 8,526 (1.69 per day)
"Some Brujo, he call you, ese. Or he don't." He laughs. "I give them your card, senor medico. But the Locos...they here, mi vato. All around you. Just talk."

There are couple of dozen gang members or associates in the large room - drinking, smoking, doing drugs, in the first or second stages of getting it on. A couple are playing pool...and many seem to have at least half an eye on the conversation between their chief and Michale.

"But I don't think any of them know nothing, bro. Nobody seen Cristobal in about a week. Serena there - " he points at a woman sitting on a barstool, watching the pool players - " was the last one. He took a little taste, comprende? But he just drop in, like they do sometime."
  #54  
Unread 19th of March, 2009, 10:50
David
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Member: #3238
Location: Washington
Posts: 469 (0.13 per day)
"Thank you. I shall speak with Serena first then."
Micheal will reach out to shake hands with Carlos and then walk over to the woman indicated. As he nears her Micheal will say, “Hello, I am Dr. Micheal Harrington, I am looking into Cristobal's death. I was hoping you might be able to help me. Carlos mentioned that you were the last to see him.”
  #55  
Unread 20th of March, 2009, 02:26
Wired*Nun's Avatar
Wired*Nun
Author of Sci-Fi Thrillers [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #830
Location: Woodbridge, Virginia
Posts: 8,526 (1.69 per day)
The young woman stares at Harrington for a moment with delight...like a cat in front of cream. "Hey, doc. Nice to see you again." Now he vaguely remembers her coming in last year for something - maybe the clap. She stands up, stepping into his personal space, pushing out her chest. "You wanna give an ex-am-in-a-tion?" The gang members around her laugh.

"Yeah I seen him about a week ago. He wanna little juice." She rubs her neck, though there are no marks to see. "He always nice to me. But I never saw him afta that."
  #56  
Unread 22nd of March, 2009, 05:25
David
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Member: #3238
Location: Washington
Posts: 469 (0.13 per day)

Reacting in a somewhat embarrassed manor Micheal leans back slightly as he says, “Ah, sorry, I did not recognize you at first.” Straightening up as he recognizes her and extending his hand to shake hers, “It is good to see you again as well. I don't suppose you heard anything regarding anyone who would want to harm him? Any enemies? Any new acquaintances?”
  #57  
Unread 24th of March, 2009, 11:30
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.38 per day)
Dean goes to the library to start to get up to read up on lupine activity in the area, he sends a message to Rose
“Man this’s some heavy gig you got me in, I’ll be in the gorvy little stash before I cut out, if yer hagging drop by so I can hipp you on it”
[you can find me in the library if you’re around stop by so I can give you an update]
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
  #58  
Unread 26th of March, 2009, 05:53
Wired*Nun's Avatar
Wired*Nun
Author of Sci-Fi Thrillers [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #830
Location: Woodbridge, Virginia
Posts: 8,526 (1.69 per day)
Serena laughs again. "No problem, doc." She shakes his hand melodramatically and says in a butchered Cockney. "Hello, nice to meet you, how do you do." She giggles again. Must have watched one too many Mary Poppins as a kid. Or maybe Sweeny Todd...

"Cristobal din't say much when he was drinking, you know?" She puts her finger flat to her lips, in a thinking pose. "He was with Leo, though. Leo had a taste from Belicia. Yo, Bella! Traiga s' extrema aqu!" she calls across the room to another girl, who reluctantly disentangles herself from a young male and saunters over, pulling up on her tube top.

"Wut?"

"Hey, estas el Medico, Doctor Harrington. From the clinic, comprende? You remember when Leo and Cristobal came by? Leo say anything about anything, somebody have it in for them?"

"Si..." She looks at Michale distrustfully, then says a couple sentences to Serena in rapid-fire gutter Spanish. He can't follow it.

Serena translates. "She said Leo said they was gettin' fat 'cause somebody tol' Cristobal he was gonna die soon. That the Chupacabra was coming to get him. They laugh, but they kinda scared anyway, but they play it off, macho Brujos. Maybe you ask Leo, he talk more than Cristo."

There follows another exchange. Belicia's paramour gets up and calls her name, apparently annoyed that she is not giving him her attentions. She says something more, then goes back to the foreplay.

"She say Leo come see her yesterday. He say he gonna go to the Monasterio to hide from the Chupacabra. He say the Virgin protect him."
  #59  
Unread 26th of March, 2009, 06:17
Wired*Nun's Avatar
Wired*Nun
Author of Sci-Fi Thrillers [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #830
Location: Woodbridge, Virginia
Posts: 8,526 (1.69 per day)
Dean hangs around in the library but an acolyte eventually informs him that Mr. Rose is unavailable at this time, and would he please provide a written summary of his investigations thus far.

Dean's research on lupine activity in the area reveals the following:

There is a group of 4-6 Fianna Garou along with a couple of dozen kinfolk who use Rock Creek Park as a haven. There is a Caern there, and it is well protected. These Fianna generally have no quarrel with Kindred, as long as the Kindred stay out of their way. The Gangrel Arthur Morgan is known to have ties to them.

There is a scattering of Glasswalkers in the City, though the exact number is not known. They will trade information and services, and are known to deal with the Malkavian Prime Scott Levin, a paranoid technophile who only deals with outsiders through his virtual computer links.

There is a group of Bone Gnawers in the Anacostia region, hiding among the poor. When they encounter Kindred they generally drive them off or kill them, but they keep to the slums and their own territory in that area.

Nothing special is know to have been going on with the Garou lately.
  #60  
Unread 26th of March, 2009, 06:40
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.38 per day)
Dean provides a sumary of the investigations, he is interested in being transparent with the progress in case something happens to him he can expect support from the chantry

OOC: does Dean have a way to contact the gangrel Morgan? if so he goes ahead and contacts him to set up a meeting, either on a familiar coffee shop or where ever Morgan prefers
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
  #61  
Unread 26th of March, 2009, 06:50
Wired*Nun's Avatar
Wired*Nun
Author of Sci-Fi Thrillers [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #830
Location: Woodbridge, Virginia
Posts: 8,526 (1.69 per day)
Art Morgan is known to putter around the city from time to time in an old VW microbus, with marijuana and other recreational drugs in the back. He appears to be a kind of hippie and is known to randomly invite people to party in the back of his van. His haven is unknown, and he seldom shows up for Primogen meetings. When he does, he drives the rest to distraction with his lessaiz-faire "stoner" demeanor. [Think Tommy Chong.] The easiest way to find him would be to have Chantry contacts keep an eye out for him and notify Dean when they see him, then go to find him immediately. He's notoriously unreliable about keeping appointments.
  #62  
Unread 26th of March, 2009, 10:30
Wired*Nun's Avatar
Wired*Nun
Author of Sci-Fi Thrillers [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #830
Location: Woodbridge, Virginia
Posts: 8,526 (1.69 per day)
Joe Carter gets off the Metro bus connection in Georgetown. He shrugs his battered field jacket higher on his neck, cutting down on some of the February chill. People swirl around him - the usual midweek crowd, retaurant-goers and early partying college students, clandestine hookers and drug dealers, pickpockets...he glares at one dip getting set up to make his run at the rube, and the man backs up, thinks twice about it.

Salvadoran food, bar, porn shop, night grocery, pizza joint...he racks his memory for the location of the clinic that Shawna went to...Shawna...shit.

Last edited by Wired*Nun; 26th of March, 2009 at 12:56.
  #63  
Unread 26th of March, 2009, 10:53
TreyKincaide's Avatar
TreyKincaide
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #865
Posts: 2,269 (0.45 per day)
Shawna. Carter's jaw sets as the news clip played in his head for the twentieth time since he ventured into that truck stop just off of I-70. His predatory eyes scan the unwashed mass of kine feeling little more than a caged animal.

The sooner I can get away from this trash the better. I won't be much good if I flip out on these dopes.

His hands shake as he feels his habits catching up to him. He jams them angrily in his pockets as he makes his way past the living stink walking through anyone dumb enough to stand in his way.

If I can't find the doc's shop on my own, the waste of flesh punks she hung out with will tell me soon enough.

Last edited by TreyKincaide; 26th of March, 2009 at 11:54.
  #64  
Unread 26th of March, 2009, 13:05
Wired*Nun's Avatar
Wired*Nun
Author of Sci-Fi Thrillers [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #830
Location: Woodbridge, Virginia
Posts: 8,526 (1.69 per day)
He walks up and down the streets, bouncing kine out of the way if they aren't quick enough. A panhandler with a handlettered cardboard sign - Gulf War Syndrome - tells him where to find the clinic. Can always count on a vet.

On the way he passes a concrete park, basketball players and girls bundled up watching. On the other side, a pair of shadows detach themselves from a doorway, drift onto the sidewalk in front of him. Black men. Gang ink...not breathing. Tricked out like cheap versions of Blade, from those movies. Not bad movies, really. Entertaining.

"Yo bruh, what up? You new in town?"
  #65  
Unread 26th of March, 2009, 13:45
TreyKincaide's Avatar
TreyKincaide
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #865
Posts: 2,269 (0.45 per day)
Carter leaves a fistful of ones in the panhandler's coffer that he scored off one suckered or another.

He sees the lookalikes and stops before barreling through. He sniffs annoyed at the gall and looks them both up and down pointedly.

Cocky. Two on one makes 'em bold in front of the kine. Means they're little better than fleas. Still, insects can swarm, and I'm likely on what passes as squatter's turf.

"Nah. I come and go as I please," Carter flashes a toothy, feral grin uncowed by the dynamic duo. "I'm out tonight looking for trouble, but not with you."

Unless you care to start something. I'll happily finish it. Might even let you live. No promises, though.

Last edited by TreyKincaide; 27th of March, 2009 at 01:29.
  #66  
Unread 27th of March, 2009, 01:55
Wired*Nun's Avatar
Wired*Nun
Author of Sci-Fi Thrillers [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #830
Location: Woodbridge, Virginia
Posts: 8,526 (1.69 per day)
"Thanks, man. Hey, you been there?" He calls as Joe is leaving. Yeah...been a lot of places.


"Nah. I come and go as I please," Carter flashes a toothy, feral grin uncowed by the dynamic duo. "I'm out tonight looking for trouble, but not with you."
The one that spoke, likely the leader of the two, crosses his arms, looking tolerant. He says with exaggerated diction, "Aaiite...but you know, it's polite to ask. This is El Rukn turf, Brujah territory. I'm Stacks. This Jonesy. Been funny shit happening in Georgetown the last couple nights...so we watching." He pauses. "We watching everything. Aaiite with you, bruh?"
  #67  
Unread 27th of March, 2009, 02:36
TreyKincaide's Avatar
TreyKincaide
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #865
Posts: 2,269 (0.45 per day)
"I'm not one for social niceties. I leave that crap to the bored stiffs that give a damn and don't piss in other people's ponds as long as they leave me the hell alone. Dig?"

He folds his arm focusing on Stacks and all but ignoring Jonesy, "The name's Carter, and I usually wouldn't give two shits about anything in this hellhole, but one of mine was taken down on your turf. She used to run with your crowd."

"So. You're welcome to watch, but I wouldn't suggest you get in the way. That's about as friendly as I get unless one of you wants to tell me how my little girl got thrown out of a 6th floor window. I hope for your sake, you had nothing to do with it."

Last edited by TreyKincaide; 27th of March, 2009 at 05:00.
  #68  
Unread 27th of March, 2009, 11:49
David
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Member: #3238
Location: Washington
Posts: 469 (0.13 per day)
Hmm..a monastery? Chupacabra? Is the killer from south of the border, or just the messenger?
To Serena, “Thank you very much for your help, would you happen to know where the monastery is located?”
  #69  
Unread 27th of March, 2009, 16:09
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.38 per day)
Dean asks to keep an eye out for the gangrel Morgan and to inform him immediately if any information of his werabouts turns up, mean while he goes to the chantries computer lab to get in touch with the Malkavian Levin, primary message sent
LevinPrime, need you to broker a deal with technowolves, interested in information on recent kindred murders,
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
  #70  
Unread 27th of March, 2009, 22:34
Wired*Nun's Avatar
Wired*Nun
Author of Sci-Fi Thrillers [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #830
Location: Woodbridge, Virginia
Posts: 8,526 (1.69 per day)
"Nice ta meetcha, Carter," Stacks says, slightly sarcastically. "One of yo' what? She run with the El? Who you talkin' 'bout, man? That ho Sheila that try to fly? Shit, we din't have nothing on that, man. That was J-C's doll, yo. He see her couple times a week fo' a taste." He smiles, predatory.

"You lookin' a lil thirsty yo' own self. I can hook you up, bruh. 'Dig?'"

*************************************************

To Michale - "Yeah, everybody knows where the place is. Mount Saint Sepulchre. Universal Heights on the East Side. It's nice...I go there sometimes, pray for my nana, you know? Peaceful." She smiles at him again, and he gets the distinct feeling she'd like to get to know him better.

************************************************** ****

Dean put his request in with the Informations Office, then finds the small Technologies Office crammed into the basement. The ultra-conservative Tremere have been dragged kicking and screaming into the computer age, metaphorically speaking...of necessity, not from desire.

It consists of two young ghouls, one a somewhat authentically Goth girl, the other a proto-nerd with Buddy Holly glasses, grungy t-shirt and an enormous calculator watch on his wrist. The equipment, at least, looks up-to-date, if cobbled and customized to death.

The girl looks up, blowing a blue bubble with a wad of chewing gum. "Hey," she says to Dean. She sets him up with a webcam link to Levin, who comes on within a minute. He looks rather like a mad villian from a James Bond movie...



"So you want information from the Glasswalkers...or from me? Of course you do, everyone does. But just what would you like to know? And what do you have to give?"

Last edited by Wired*Nun; 31st of March, 2009 at 06:24.
  #71  
Unread 28th of March, 2009, 01:18
TreyKincaide's Avatar
TreyKincaide
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #865
Posts: 2,269 (0.45 per day)
Shawna. I couldn't stop her choice to sell her body, but maybe I could have kept the licks away. Damn it all.

Carter surges forward his hands changing in wickedly clawed talons. He's covered in red mist as he buries his hands up to their palms in the grinning pusher's throat and tears. A look of terror lingers in Stacks' eyes as the Brujo's head rolls to the ground. The nearby kine scream in dirge as Carter turns to Jonesy in the escasty of the fresh kill. The silent thug cracks a pipe across his face once, twice. It stings, but Carter rides the wave of pain. Already his wound starts to knit as he rakes the Brujo over and over again leaving the two-bit Blade in tatters. He roars and leaps onward into the jungle to catch up to his unit.

Carter shrugs the tableau vivant away with great effort. Red swims in his eyes and the hunter's body coils for the strike. He growls from the gut, "That ho was my daughter."

Just so you know I'm serious, rotsack.

"Tell this J-C that I'll be coming for him," Carter jabs his hands in his old beat up issue jacket and pushes past the vermin in his way.

Gotta stay clear. Hungry. Long enough to get this done. Not too far from the clinic now.

Last edited by TreyKincaide; 28th of March, 2009 at 01:39.
  #72  
Unread 28th of March, 2009, 03:28
Wired*Nun's Avatar
Wired*Nun
Author of Sci-Fi Thrillers [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #830
Location: Woodbridge, Virginia
Posts: 8,526 (1.69 per day)
The two toughs give way before Carter's evident fury, holding their hands up defensively. "Yo, don't mean nothin', man. Shawna was aaiite, 'msayin?"

After Carter has pushed past, Stacks calls out, "Cain't tell J-C nothin, man, he gone Final too, bruh. Lef' his teef in her thoat, doc'll tell ya."

He pauses as Carter walks away, then calls louder. "I'm hook you up with the real...ah...lowdown gouge, dig? You be smart to be my fren, bruh."
  #73  
Unread 28th of March, 2009, 06:58
TreyKincaide's Avatar
TreyKincaide
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #865
Posts: 2,269 (0.45 per day)
Carter stops as Stacks calls out. Going back would be a sign of submission. He barks without turning his head, "You'll know how to find me. Just follow the trail of bodies," before rounding the corner.

That should either bring 'em out of the wood work. They'll be dumb and try to take me on or find out what I want to know so I go the hell away. Works for me either way. Now to pay the good doc a visit.

Last edited by TreyKincaide; 28th of March, 2009 at 07:00.
  #74  
Unread 31st of March, 2009, 06:22
Wired*Nun's Avatar
Wired*Nun
Author of Sci-Fi Thrillers [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #830
Location: Woodbridge, Virginia
Posts: 8,526 (1.69 per day)
"Hell, this boy gone wack," Carter hears Stacks mutter behind him. He mumbles something else too low for Joe to hear as he walks away.

Down the next street, and Joe spots the free clinic across the street to his left. On the right, set back behind a strip of one-story storefronts, looms the battered project that Shawna must have lived in. Sixth floor, they said.

In front of him he sees a couple of hookers playing their trade by a streetlamp. At the base of the streetlamp there is a battered bouquet of flowers, a crepe-paper wreath, and some handlettered signs. "We loved you Shiela." "Rest in Peece, She." Other stuff, he finds it hard to see through a reddish mist.
  #75  
Unread 31st of March, 2009, 09:23
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.38 per day)
"What’s this man, show me yours and I’ll show mine? Come on baby, it wont hurt much, let’s get down to it; I’m looking to get straight on the action on inaugaration night, dig?"

"On what I have, if yer in to grease [cash] I’ve got enough but if you’re interested on something else, look me up, you’ll know what I can do and you’ll se we can get a jam session going on more that the riff at hand, I can see where we can fix each other, [dean is interested in collaborating with Levin beyond the killings on his investigations in regards to behavioral economics theories applied to cyber groups], that’s if you want more than a one shot deal, I’m solid baby, so how about we start and see where it goes, I scratch your back you scratch mine, dig?"

[Assuming there’s some interest]

"All right I’ll lay it on the line for ya and show you mine, sure you can find someone interested to make it worth your while, if you help me along, I’ll make sure you have dibs on what I find and you can see where it goes, the more you help me the more you help your self dig?
I know a red female wolf was involved in at least 3 of the incidents and probably worked in all 5..."
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus

Last edited by Wired*Nun; 31st of March, 2009 at 11:11.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 14:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren