Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Wired*Nun's Games > ...It Brings On Many Changes

Closed Thread
Unread 18th of February, 2009, 12:40
Wired*Nun
Author of Sci-Fi Thrillers [Epic GM]

Member: #830
Misfits

Annastasia Kashlinkov sat in her palatial apartment, and thought about the news she had heard. Swann, apparently hung like a chicken. If it wasn't so chilling it might be funny. He was such an odd bird, a wierd egg...ugh, enough with the puns. But it most certainly wasn't funny when Jasmine called her in tears, pleading for help in finding out who murdered her sister...and pleading for reassurance that the dimly-perceived creatures of darkness weren't coming for her as well.

Aral Rimfy had waited for over six hours in the room outside of Marcus Vitel's working office before he was finally granted audience. That audience was brief, and decidedly unpleasant. For the first time he had been...cowed was a word he would only use to himself - by one not of his own clan. He had met a prince or two, and all were impressive. Vitel was...something other than that. He had gone in to present himself on behalf of his Clan and offer his services as an investigator. He had come out with a business card for one Dean Noir, some kind of political consultant...and a very short, one-dimensional mandate.

"You are not welcome here, Assamite. You are merely tolerated. You have no standing here that I do not give you. See this man, and stay out of the way." The implication of dismissal was impossible to ignore. He had bowed and backed out, only coming to his senses after the door was closed in his face. Were he able to sweat, he would be doing so now, he knew. An underling handed him the card with a sneer.

Failure was not an option.

Dean Noir was mildly disturbed by the visit from Cohn Rose. The suave front man for the Chantry conducted such a painless interrogation that he hardly realized what was going on for the first few minutes. It soon became clear, however, that Dean's connection to the murdered Lunmila was the subject to be explored. Fortunately, he supposed, he had little to tell. But by the end of the conversation, it was clear what Noir had to do.

"I have to tell you, Dean-o, that Peter is unhappy, gravely unhappy. And he wants you to look into this situation...put it to bed, as it were. The only thing that makes this remotely tolerable is that it wasn't just us that have been affronted...that it's probably not an attack on Clan or Chantry. But we have to know what it is, you know? So you're the stuck-ee, the closest hey-you, the cheesball glom ricochet, dig?"

Yeah, he dug. Pontifex Dorfman had decided he was the closest to the problem, so he got to fix it.

Shit.

Michale was tending to a minor razor cut - the fighting kind, not the shaving kind - when the screaming and the feel of life leaving this plane caused him to bolt out the front door of his clinic into the street. A small crowd had gathered around something across the road, and he pushed his way through without concern that anyone would take offense. He was The Doc around here, and they let him through.

The mess on the sidewalk was...wierder than usual. He'd had the bloodsuckers bring in those they valued for patching up, garnering a certain mutual tolerance, if not respect. He'd sewn up critters that he didn't have names for, bearing wounds that had been made by who-knows-what. This one...

He saw a woman, scantily dressed but otherwise almost unrecognizable from the concrete poisoning. It looked like she had fallen from a great height, at least a hundred feet, he thought. But there was a tiny bit of life left in here...a tiny bit.

Even the most vulgar of magick wouldn't save this life...but maybe something else could be done. He did what he could, tweaking blood pressure and heart rate, brain function...brought her around for just long enough. He put his ear to her lips, willing her to tell him something, anything, about what happened.

"Catch..." was all she said. Catch? What did that mean? Then she Passed.

A closer examination showed bloodsucker fangs embedded in her neck...that was pretty wierd, even for his practice. They usually didn't leave souvenirs. Then he noticed some other remnants - bone fragments, teeth, a ring he caught a bystander trying to palm...remnants of one of them? He knew the old ones didn't last long when their peculiar unlife was terminated.

"Anyone know who this is?" he asked.

"Shiela. She turn tricks ovah by the stop an save," came the answer from the back. "Rolly gonna be pissed."

The cops came then, and an ambulance. He saw familiar faces, shook his head at them. His verbal report and a quick signature as to time of death - 20:59, 8:59pm - was enough to let him go back to his work as they loaded up her body. The young gangbanger with the razor cut was gone, and Frank stood in the clinic door, his huge frame blocking the portal against anyone trying to pilfer narcotics or steal any of the little cash he kept on hand. He patted the bouncer-cum-orderly on the arm as he squeezed by. "Gonna be a long night."

Last edited by Wired*Nun; 19th of February, 2009 at 12:31.
Unread 19th of February, 2009, 08:56
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

Member: #787
"So the little apple is dead, sad man, hard to come by these times...How about that clyde Vitel? Well, I guess big daddy doesn't want The Man to blow the gig on his own, I dig."

"Ill need big daddy to lay on some bread though, [maybe 50k in cash?]
3 cats with a good wig [three ghouls with some basic skills assigned to me], a lot of legwork to do man. Then I'll need to crash at his pad, can't beat the library at the chantry. Lay it on him smooth though, don't want him to flip."

As they finish the conversation Dean stops Cohn before departing.

"Hold on baby."

He quickly takes out a small notepad and pen starting to scribble, when finished he hands the note to Cohn.

"Give this to the cats that are assigned to me, they can start working on it while I cut out to the casbah and see the action myself."

The note says:
Find any surveillance tapes that were running close to the scenes
Investigate Lunmila's background from the Chantry's records
Get deed history and building info of the addresses of the crime scenes

Before leaving Dean takes a map and marks the crimes scenes on it, trying to find any pattern to the 5 points. Then, he heads to the Shamrock pub.

Last edited by Belkregos; 19th of February, 2009 at 13:49.
Unread 20th of February, 2009, 02:24
Bad Luck Charm
Effigy [GM]

Member: #3028
"Slow down Jassy," Anna half-consciously replies over the phone...getting phone calls about people dying five minutes after rising is not the best way to start an evening. "I just heard about Swann myself, but nobody seems to really know anything about what happened. Let me do some prodding to see what is going on around, but to the best of my knowledge you aren't being hunted."

She spends the next twenty minutes trying to console her friend and make her feel better about the situation, meanwhile casually probing her for any information that might be useful, "What can you tell me about the murder? What have you heard? Have any of your friends told you anything, anything at all about this?"

After she gets off the phone with Jasmine she dials up Anthony, hoping to get some more answers. Even if he wasn't assigned the case he might be able to pull up some information on the file for her.

She flips on the news to see if anything about the murder is mentioned. She also turns on her Dell laptop and scans a few local news websites, most news channels post the smaller news online even if it's not mentioned in their broadcasts.

Last edited by Bad Luck Charm; 20th of February, 2009 at 03:10.
Unread 20th of February, 2009, 11:46
David
Vampire Spawn [GM]

Member: #3238
Returning to his small office Michale sits at his desk and makes a few notes regarding the recently deceased women. Her name, approximate height and weight, hair color, eye color, best guess at cause of death, the presence of the fangs, brief description of the ring and bone shards, and her last word.
Hmm... Catch? I wonder what that meant? A name? A place? Hmmm...
A few minutes later he pulls out a file folder puts the papers into it and slips it into the back of the old beat up file cabinet behind his desk.
Maybe I'll take a look at that later.
That out of the way Michale steps back out to the waiting room and gets back to the business at hand.
Unread 21st of February, 2009, 04:57
Wired*Nun

Michale finishes up his evening around 3am, as usual. Most of the serious problems brought to him came between 3pm and 3am, so he made those his office hours. He could always be reached on his cell if there was an emergency...but he was just one man, and he needed rest. Even more, he needed a break from the misery of his practice. There were joys, of course, but mostly it was a thankless job, trying to hold back the darkness. He wonders sometimes if it's all worth it.

Fortunately he lives in a small but well-secured apartment right over the clinic, so the commute home is pretty short.

He turns on the news the next day to hear that the incident of last night was just part of several strange murders. You would think with all the weight of security for the Inauguration, this kind of thing could be prevented...but maybe that was the problem. Most of DC law enforcement was worried about the big attack, not the mundane things that plague the lower classes.

The news talked about the as-yet unidentified prostitute's defenestration that he witnesed, though there was nothing to indicate bloodsucker involvement. They also reported, in disjointed news stories, the suicide hanging of one Christine Wilson, along with some strange animal parts, possibly with some voodoo-like connection; a couple of butchered bodies stuffed into a freezer at the Shamrock a few blocks away; and a the discovery of two bodies, a male gangbanger and a female starlet of some sort, impaled on playground poles, not too far away as well. He has to wonder if there isn't any relation.

He has some of the teeth and bones, and the ring, which resonates with tass. A talisman of some sort? But nothing he's familiar with...some kind of bloodsucker magick, perhaps.

Dean doesn't see any any particular graphic pattern to the killings...He stuffs the map in his pocket and goes to the Shamrock.

He stops inside, to take the lay of the land. The place is packed for a Wednesday. He listens to a few conversations...most seem to be talking about the murders reported in the news. Notoriety brought business, it seemed. He wanders slowly through the crowd, anonymously absorbing the atmosphere.

Jasmine doesn't know anything. The police are not giving her much info. All she knows is Christine is dead and she died in Swann's studio, and Swann is missing, named a person of interest for now. Jasmine knows Christine was posing for the artist, who did a little painting and sculpting as well, possibly just as cover to feed off of models. Jasmine doesn't know whether they were seeing each other.

From the rumors and descriptions, Anna suspects Swann will never be found to interrogate, but she can't be completely sure. It's possible Swann left enough of himself behind to cover his escape.

She calls up Captain McGreggor, using her name to get through to speak to him personally. He sounds harried and busy. "I can't comment on that, miss," he says loudly before dropping his voice. "Why don't you meet me about 9pm, at the usual place. We can talk then." That was at a little Italian place called Gianni's, frequented by cops and the mob both, a kind of mortal elysium where backchannel information could be exchanged. It had the advantage of private entrances and very private booths.

After the phone calls, Anna reviews the glut of news. There's plenty of it, talking about an unidentified prostitute's being thrown off a building, the hanging of Christine, along with some strange animal parts, possibly with some voodoo-like connection; a couple of butchered bodies stuffed into a freezer at the Shamrock a few blocks away; and the discovery of two bodies, a male gang member - possibly a brujo - and a woman, some kind of slightly-famous actress-model wannabee, impaled on playground poles, not too far away as well.
Unread 21st of February, 2009, 09:25
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

Dean walks through the crowd and finds a quiet place where he can observe the interactions and is not disturbed, brings out his small note book and starts to scribble as ideas come,

Notes:
[he’s trying to see if there’s a easy rout to connect the murder scenes, if someone was in a hurry what would be the fastest way to get from one to the other, taking in to account supernatural means, for example is there a subway station that connects some of the places or anything else that might help getting from one place to the other faster, also if there are any other kindred heavens within the area delimited by the murder scenes]

Satisfied he’s recorded his ideas he brings his attention again to the crowd
Looks for the hipsters and makes a mental note of them, he’ll talk to them latter, right now he’s interested in the man in charge, he should have keys to Lunmilas place, he moves in

“hey baby, it looks like swings-ville tonight, is it always like this?”

“I’m looking to score a pad in the area and I picked up on someone upstairs got tossed? I’ve got eyes for the place if its cool can we take a look at it?”

[OOC:he’s trying to gain access to the place with the pretence of renting it as well as getting the manager alone to interrogate him, once alone with him (if able) he’ll use more direct social gifts to aid in the gathering of information]

"So what’s the riff with the action last night?
And who were the cats that got the axe?"

[basically what he wants to find out is who was the guy with Lunmila and if anybody heard or saw anything unusual when the murder happened as well as any odd behavior from the victims prior to their demise. In the apartment he’ll look for clues and particularly he’ll look for a cell phone, computer, address book or calendar]
Unread 21st of February, 2009, 10:58
Wired*Nun

[It would be easy for even a mortal to get from site to site, using the streets or rooftops. Everything is within a kilometer of every other location. There are no subways in DC, and the Metro (light rail) doesn't run through Georgetown for aesthetic reasons. He knows of several havens reputed to be in the area, but none of them are of particular interest.]

“hey baby, it looks like swings-ville tonight, is it always like this?”

The bartender, an older breather with a tired look, shakes his head. "No, lad, not on a Wednesday. Heard about all the ruckus they did, what with the owner's passing. Sort of a wake, you might say. It was the owner and a friend of his. Did you know Mister Kellough?" When Dean denies knowing the owner and asks about renting a place, he says, "I heard that, but you'd have to go ask the super [building supervisor] about that. His name is Bob, he's in 3b. Entrance is back out t' street, to the right one door."

The door to 3b opens to Dean's knock. An unhealthy-looking, balding, rather unsanitary breather with a smelly cigar asks, "Yeah, bub, whattaya want?"

When Dean explains, the man shakes his head. "Naw, police got that one all sealed up. I can take your name and add you to the list, got five or six other people interested. Probly be two weeks or so, knowing the cops."

[Along with what he says, let me know what skills/disciplines/power you want to apply to try to persuade him or whatever.]
Unread 23rd of February, 2009, 03:19
Bad Luck Charm
Effigy [GM]

Member: #3028
"Thanks hun," she says as she hangs up.

Now, what to wear? She ponders to herself as she strolls over to a massive walk-in closest that takes up a quarter of the floor. She spends the next twenty minutes looking through thousands of outfits from various designers before deciding to go with something simple that doesn't draw too much attention. A jade green outfit that reveals just the right amount of cleavage. After that she's off to put on a slight touch of makeup and do her hair.

Once she's satisfied she calls for a taxi and meets it downstairs, giving the east indian driver directions five times before he finally gets it.

Assuming she arrivs at Gianni's without incident, she'll head in and make arrangements for a private table and order some expensive bottle of wine (that costs no less than four digits of course).
Unread 24th of February, 2009, 04:58
Wired*Nun

Heads swivel at Gianni's as Anna comes in the door. A fan who spotted her walking from the taxi enters behind her, pen and paper in hand for an autograph. Before she really has a chance to notice the man, one each cop and mobster block his way and hustle him out. The mob guy goes outside to make sure he's sent off with an ephithet or two. The plainclothes cop meets her eyes and smiles apologetically. "Sorry, Miss. You shouldn't oughta walk around alone. Too many stalkers and paparazzi." He goes back to his table to looks of envy from his comrades.

The owner comes out to greet her, Gianni Giancolo himself. "So good to see you again, Miss Kashlinkova. You would like a booth, yes? Follow me please." The short, round man bustles to the back, turning down a hallway that holds several nearly soundproof booths and nothing else. He takes her order and moves out smartly.

She finds McGreggor already waiting for her. He half-rises as she comes in, though there is little room to actually stand. The light over the table is dim and intimate, and they both appreciate it. "Nice to see you again," the police captain says, and she knows he means it. She appreciates the attention, and cares for this man as much as she cares for any mortal.

The wine steward arrives, going through the standard rituals. McGreggor tolerates it, but clearly is glad when the man leaves. Anna swirls the fruit of the grape under her nose, enjoying the aroma even if the drinking provides little pleasure anymore. The captain sips his, probably not realizing he's drinking up a paycheck. "So, we're here. What do you want to know?"

Last edited by Wired*Nun; 9th of March, 2009 at 23:21.
Unread 24th of February, 2009, 08:37
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

“Yea, dealing with the fuzz is such a drag….”
he reevaluates his course of action and decides to gain access to the apartment on his own
“I’ll fall by when things cool off then, you look tired anyway and probably should get some sleep, latter man”
[he forces his will upon the building supervisor, used domination to get him to go to sleep]

once the building supervisor closes the door he waits a few moments and then proceeds to the now vacant scene of the crime, he inspects the outside door and moves to a darkened corner of the hallway where he proceeds to rummage carefully through his small shoulder bag, finding a small mirror he concentrates on the image until it beguines to fade and cracks it with his hands
[uses incorporeal passage ritual]
He allows himself the satisfaction of experiencing the ritual taking effect, with a small smile he proceeds to the interior of the apartment….
[he will use auspex to aid on any sensory information he could gain in the scene of the crime]

Last edited by Belkregos; 24th of February, 2009 at 10:29.
Unread 24th of February, 2009, 11:13
Wired*Nun

The building super mumbles something, then turns away and closes the door. A moment later Dean hears a thud as the man apparently did not quite make it to his bedroom, or even the sofa.

Outside the apartment, Dean sees police tape and the door is locked. His ritual allows him to easily pass the sealed portal, into the flat.

Inside, he sees a neatly-kept, feminine dwelling, spoiled only by the mess made in the kitchen. The bodies have been removed, and with his heightened senses he can see the evidence of crime scene processing - fingerprint powders, chemical smells, too many footprints. He tries to ignore these distractions, carefully checking around the periphery. He looks through drawers and behind furniture for anomalies...he checks the ceiling, the baseboards, cracks under the kitchen appliances. He takes his time.

The victim's hair was dark, as was that of the mortal slain with her. There is a rusty-red hair caught in the sharp corner of the range hood, virtually invisible. It may or may not have anything to do with the crime...it may just be evidence of some other visitor past.

He examines the deep cuts, two of them, in the butcher-block center island, evidence of the blows that severed the heads. The four-inch-thick solid wood is nearly split in two, as if by a large-bitted axe, or a cleaver driven by an inhumanly powerful arm. The cuts are about ten inches (25cm) long. There is blood and bits of flesh driven into the cuts as well, indicating the blade was not particularly sharp. The crack is over 1cm wide at the top, indicating a very thick blade. Nothing still here in the kitchen made those cuts.

The cuts were made very near the sink, indicating the heads probably rolled into the sink and the blood spurted into the sink, draining through the system. Running the water for a moment confirms that the sink is not blocked. This might indicate the killer or killers ran the water to prevent clogging from the clotting...or perhaps washed off the blade? The cuts also indicate the killer struck each body in turn from each side, rather than both from one side. He hadn't heard the bodies had been bound in any way.

Below the sink, on the wood of the cabinet near the floor, he sees a deep gouge, as if the tip of some sharp tool had been driven into the wood perhaps 1 centimeter, then removed.

Last edited by Wired*Nun; 9th of March, 2009 at 23:20.
Unread 25th of February, 2009, 12:21
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

Taking out his note pad Dean starts to write some observations, describing the scene and drawing the notch under the sink. Drawing it helped him think and try to imagine the geometry of the tool used, especially to try and figure out if it seemed like the tool used under the sink and the one used to decapitate the victims was the same.

After finishing and writing his conclusions he takes a picture of the interest points using his phone, making the drawing was basically a mnemonic tool and to be thorough he uses the camera.

Following he tears a page off his notepad and folds it in to an envelop in which he deposits the red hair he found earlier and puts it away in his inside coat pocket to examine in the lab later.

Satisfied, he exits the scene in the same manner as he entered and proceeds back to the pub. There were 2 murder scenes in the location and wanted to examine the freezer room before moving on a couple of blocks to the playground.

Getting downstairs to the pub he thinks he’d rather not deal with the crowd and decides to return at a later time and check out the park where the Brujo saw his end, walking down the street he tries to imagine the route the murderer might have taken, if he left the axe or tool behind or carelessly tossed it, the clue of the red hair still on the back of his mind he continues on his way to the park paying close attention to his surrounding on his way.

Last edited by Wired*Nun; 25th of February, 2009 at 13:20.
Unread 26th of February, 2009, 07:45
Wired*Nun

The cuts in the butcher-block island and the gouge near the baseboards under the sink were most likely NOT made by the same tool. The small gouge looks more like something was jammed into the wood, then withdrawn, something about the size of a large pencil, but much harder.

Skipping the pub for now, Dean proceeds down the streets toward the urban playground. There are plenty of folks about,but mostly they are hurrying from place to place, since it's a bit cold to be just hanging out. The restaurants and bars of Georgetown are half-filled, mostly, depending on their popularity. The worsening economy has reduced their business somewhat.

He searches along the way for any indication of discarded tools or blades, aware that the police likely already have done this. He finds nothing of tools, but does find a pattern of gouges that might match the one he found under the sink, this time in the plastic top of a dumpster. There are four gouges, close together in a half-circle about 20cm (8 inches), almost like those a large gardening tool or small rake would make.

At the playground, a number of young men play basketball. Several young women in winter clothing chatter at benches nearby, watching and calling to the basketball players. In the children's playground, equipment stands forlornly. There are no children there, possibly because of the murders. The lights are on, however, and Dean can see two holes where the poles in question have been dug from the asphalt. Apparently they were taken as evidence...or perhaps removed to better help the kine forget the gruesome goings-on.

He finds another pattern of gouges, or rather scratches, this time in the concrete of the playground...they fit the other pattern, but are not deep at all, perhaps due to the hardness of the material. It's possible this pattern represents some kind of track, of a clawed entity...a pawprint, as it were.
Unread 26th of February, 2009, 13:44
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

Starting recognize a pattern as possible claw marks makes Dean feel uneasy but he keeps his imagination in check, if things got ugly, well, that was just the way things were

He calmly approaches the basket ball court to observe the game coming to a stop on a side bench away from the chattering girls,
He again brings out his note pad to write allowing the young men on the ball court to observe him
it was his way of making himself known
he takes a few minutes to note th social structure of the group, even if not acknowledged there always was one

Last edited by Belkregos; 27th of February, 2009 at 03:18.
Unread 27th of February, 2009, 06:23
Wired*Nun

The players and girls ignore the wierdly-dressed white guy scribbling on his notepad. As far as social structure, it lookes like these are a mix of high school kids and some other neighborhood youths a bit older. The highschoolers are on one team, the slightly older men on the other. Likewise, the there are two distinct groups of girls, high-schooler and girlfriends of the other team...maybe even wives, as there are a couple of small children with that group as well.

The high-schoolers are winning.
Unread 28th of February, 2009, 10:29
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

Dean approaches the older looking group of girls
You girls know the riff the playground? [he nods to the missing tetherball]
It’s a damned shame the way things are going
Unread 28th of February, 2009, 10:32
Wired*Nun

The high school girls giggle. A couple of the older ones laugh. One of them says, "What you want, white boy? You high on something?"

Another says, "You a cop? Reporter or somethin'?"
Unread 28th of February, 2009, 10:58
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

Dean frowns when the policed is mentioned
“come on, I don’t dig swine”
“I know the family of one of the kabobs , just like to know what happened without having to go wailing to “The Man”
Unread 1st of March, 2009, 06:41
David
Vampire Spawn [GM]

Member: #3238
After turning off the Television and clearing away the breakfast dishes, Michale goes down to his office to take another look at those items he recovered from the scene of the accident. Opening the file cabinet he withdraws the folder with his notes and the small zip lock bags containing the physical evidence. He sets up a few pieces of lab equipment, a microscope, light box, small gel electrophoresis trey, etc. First placing a large sheet of clean filter paper down on the lab bench he carefully lays out the teeth and bones. First he examines them under the microscope, looking for anything unusual. After that he will take a few scrapings from the teeth and bones and perform a Gel Electrophoresis comparison [Mainly using it to explain away the use of a Genetic scan using Life Sphere] looking to see how many individuals the samples are from, as well as any thing unusual.
With that finished Michale will clean up the lab, put the samples away, and go out for a short walk before returning to open the Clinic for the day.
Unread 3rd of March, 2009, 04:15
Wired*Nun

A slightly older woman, who looks perhaps 25, with a toddler on her knee, says to Dean, "We don' know what happen. Power was all out inna yard, couldn't see nothin. Sheeka foun' 'em, onna way ovah my place. She wuz freakin. I called Brother Matthew, he called the cops. Hadda." She looks sour.

"Sheeka ain't here," she goes on, anticipating his next question. "She all out on Valium or somethin, at home with her mom."
Unread 3rd of March, 2009, 04:31
Wired*Nun

Michale works methodically in his bare-bones laboratory. It's enough to do some tests and to cover for his less conventional methods of diagnosis, most of the time.

Samples from the dead woman show just that - dead human being, unaltered. She hadn't been adulterated, before or during the process of death. That was both good and bad...it might have simplified things if the woman had been Turned by the bloodsucker...then she could be interviewed later. But, this one was dead for sure.

Samples of the bloodsucker show him that his suspicions were correct - just one, an older one, though not ancient. Male. Maybe from mid-14th-century or so.

The ring is, or contains, some kind of bloodsucker magick, but it is incompatible with his own, as far as he can tell. Oh, he could activate it, but has no idea what the result might be.

Last edited by Wired*Nun; 4th of March, 2009 at 01:48.
Unread 3rd of March, 2009, 10:48
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

"Well thanks anyways
Did Cristobal hang out here much?
How bout “Brother Mathew” is he available?"

[Dean will follow any of the 2 threads of questions if there’s anything there, if not he moves to where the poles used to be and observes for any clues using auspex]
Unread 4th of March, 2009, 01:47
Wired*Nun

"Don' know no Cristobal. Oh, one what got spitted? No, he from the SS Locos. Mostly they don' give us no trouble, 'count of the El. But the El din't do it, I hear. Beside, they woulda never done it to that white girl. That shit bring down the cops on us, you know?"

[The SouthSide Locos are a Latino gang, the El Rukn a black gang. Both have Brujah members, whose ties to Brujah Camarilla bloodlines sometimes override or complicate their gang loyalties. The Brujah in DC often work to limit and manage catastrophic violence between street gangs.]

"Brother Matthew at the church. Ova there." She points down the street, to where Dean can see a battered brick building. The sign out front says "Blues Alley Baptist Fellowship." "He always there."

The place where the poles were has been too heavily trampled by others - probably police, workers to dig the poles out, and onlookers during and afterward. There's nothing that can be found around there that hasn't been completely contaminated.
Unread 4th of March, 2009, 08:05
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

After thanking the woman and noting the findings Dean continues to the Baptist fellowship to look for Mr. Mathew, although hesitant to go to a place of worship the thought of encountering who or whatever created the claw like prints makes him feel relieved at the opportunity to leave the open playground, as he arrives he states to whoever is attending he’s looking for Mathew

“So, I’m looking for this cat “Mathew”?”

and if given audience he introduces himself and

“yea, I was wondering if you knew anything about what happened at tha playground, I’m a friend of the family of one of the victims”
Unread 5th of March, 2009, 01:28
Wired*Nun

For a moment, Dean has the distinct feeling he is being watched. A quick check of his surroundings, however, reveals nothing he can see.

Inside the church sanctuary, it's quiet and a bit chilly. There is a black woman praying in the front pew. When Dean comes in, a portly black man of about forty years, dressed in a black suit and tie, walks over to him. "Yes, I'm Brother Matthew. This is my church. How can I help you?"

“yea, I was wondering if you knew anything about what happened at tha playground, I’m a friend of the family of one of the victims”

The man stares at Dean for a moment, as if skeptical. "All right, I'll go through it one more time. I was here in the church about nine-twenty PM. I got a call from one of my flock. No, I'm not going to tell you who. This person told me something bad had happened at the old Murphy Park. I called the police as I was walking over, and I discovered two people murdered and stuck on poles. The authorities showed up a few minutes later, I gave my statements and I left." He folds his hands in front of him.

"I'm sorry, I really don't know any more than that." It appears he has recited this story many times in the past day or two.

Last edited by Wired*Nun; 5th of March, 2009 at 05:28.
Closed Thread