Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Wired*Nun's Games > ...It Brings On Many Changes

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #76  
Unread 4th of March, 2009, 09:29
Vortigern's Avatar
Vortigern
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Member: #7429
Posts: 859 (0.24 per day)
[OOC: I'm assuming two contacts from the list here. One is in the medical examiner's office and the other is a ranking guy in the murder unit. Retcon as you will if these are unacceptable? ]

Rurik smoothes the front of his jacket with one hand for a moment before nodding towards Christiaan. He now speaks English. "Well. There are several avenues of attack open to us, some of which are more likely to bear fruit, and risk, than others yet still we should pursue them all. However some are more time sensitive than others. Few things are lasting in this life. First. We should examine the remains and personal effects while they are still somewhat fresh and have been handled the least. Also the scenes of the killings. I think both, tonight. I am also interested in pursuing whatever records can be acquired concerning all of the victims and chattel involved. Then reconvene tomorrow evening and update our files, whereupon I can have copies produced for everyone in our little team. I think Dama Tatyana and I should begin with a trip to the medical examiner's office. Mr. James and Mr. Van Dur Luyden, I recommend beginning with an interview with our Agent in the mortal's murder investigation unit about their information thus far, and then proceed to the scenes. We likely will be along to join you two before you are finished with the first. I do not recommend any of us pursue the scenes without us all being present. There is the possibility of the enemy lying in wait for us, the expected response."
__________________
V/R,
Vortigern

"Adventure is something bad, happening to someone else, far far away."
  #77  
Unread 4th of March, 2009, 09:41
Benicus's Avatar
Benicus
Brain in a Jar [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Member: #1716
Location: Miisk, Wharf District
Posts: 2,813 (0.62 per day)
Patrick stops staring out into space for a moment when Rurik says his name. After the enforcer is finished Patrick speaks softly, "I'm game for that."
__________________
-Taking a hiatus from ORP. Have had rl things come up. Feel free to drop me from games. -
  #78  
Unread 4th of March, 2009, 09:43
Darqueone's Avatar
Darqueone
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Member: #2897
Location: Altus OK
Posts: 776 (0.20 per day)
Tatyana nods her acceptance of this plan.
  #79  
Unread 5th of March, 2009, 01:18
Wired*Nun's Avatar
Wired*Nun
Author of Sci-Fi Thrillers [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #830
Location: Woodbridge, Virginia
Posts: 8,526 (1.64 per day)
Rurik and the others quickly find the name of the Deputy Chief Medical Examiner, one Stephanie Boudry, M.D. There is a note after her name, Trem. Gh.

In the Law Enforcement list, Capt. Anthony McGreggor, Major Case Unit, looks like the best choice. After his name is the notation - Tore Afficianado & Associate, aware of ex. of Kin but little more.

There are phone numbers listed for each.

Last edited by Wired*Nun; 5th of March, 2009 at 05:02.
  #80  
Unread 5th of March, 2009, 02:42
Darqueone's Avatar
Darqueone
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Member: #2897
Location: Altus OK
Posts: 776 (0.20 per day)
"Mmm..." A sound of consideration. "Tremere and Toreador." she notes. "Well."

"May I suggest a slightly more certain meeting point after these interviews? Perhaps we might decide on a ... crime scene... to visit first, and we will all meet there?"

After this decision, she'll go with Rurik to the ME's, after releasing her own retainers (with the usual instructions).

Last edited by Darqueone; 5th of March, 2009 at 02:44. Reason: Hti send too early?
  #81  
Unread 5th of March, 2009, 04:59
ikay's Avatar
ikay
Bodak

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Member: #2720
Location: Utrecht
Posts: 880 (0.21 per day)
Fine with me, Christiaan answers, closing up the file he picked up without ever having really looked at it and replacing it carefully, so he doesnt upset the stack. He looks at the names on the list. I suggest we make out phone-calls to these people in here. If either of them is unavailable, we can make another plan without much time lost.
He glances briefly at Patrick before turning to Rurik and Tatyana with a neutral face. Do you carry cell-phones? If so, lets exchange numbers so we can contact one another in case anything turns up.

The gentleman Mr. James and I are about to visit is aware of the existence of kindred, it seems. Should we let him know we are conducting an investigation from this side?

Originally Posted by Darqueone # "May I suggest a slightly more certain meeting point after these interviews? Perhaps we might decide on a ... crime scene... to visit first, and we will all meet there?"
Christiaan nods. Lets do that, especially if we want to look at the scenes together. In case we have to wait, I suggest the ones near the bar, er, the Silver Shamrock, right?
  #82  
Unread 5th of March, 2009, 05:27
Darqueone's Avatar
Darqueone
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Member: #2897
Location: Altus OK
Posts: 776 (0.20 per day)
(Assuming no one wants to comment between these; if so, feel free and I'll happily edit!)

Tatyana's expression carries just a hint of distaste. "Yes. Cell phone." a slightly resigned nod "I suppose so." She reaches into her clutch purse and removes a card-case; from there, she offers each gentleman an elegant calling card.

"I would recommend keeping these matters as far from even our apparently trusted allies as possible. They are mortal; they could be ... influenced."

(Note: Calling card as in "I came calling" vs. "$0.05/minute overseas rates")
  #83  
Unread 5th of March, 2009, 05:38
Wired*Nun's Avatar
Wired*Nun
Author of Sci-Fi Thrillers [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #830
Location: Woodbridge, Virginia
Posts: 8,526 (1.64 per day)
[Honto ni, meishi desu.]
  #84  
Unread 5th of March, 2009, 05:59
Darqueone's Avatar
Darqueone
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Member: #2897
Location: Altus OK
Posts: 776 (0.20 per day)
[Hai, meishi desu. Domo, Sensei-san]
  #85  
Unread 5th of March, 2009, 06:08
Wired*Nun's Avatar
Wired*Nun
Author of Sci-Fi Thrillers [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #830
Location: Woodbridge, Virginia
Posts: 8,526 (1.64 per day)
[Do itashimashite.]
  #86  
Unread 5th of March, 2009, 08:26
Benicus's Avatar
Benicus
Brain in a Jar [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Member: #1716
Location: Miisk, Wharf District
Posts: 2,813 (0.62 per day)
Patrick looks up again after hearing his name, "I don't think that would be wise. All he is aware of is Kindred it seems, not much else. Why not just keep him in the dark?"

He exchanges a card with the name of an investment firm he had founded for fun in his spare time on it. It has his cell number on it.

"Why not just hit the bar up and wait there?"

[my semester of Japanese is tingling...]
__________________
-Taking a hiatus from ORP. Have had rl things come up. Feel free to drop me from games. -
  #87  
Unread 5th of March, 2009, 10:56
Vortigern's Avatar
Vortigern
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Member: #7429
Posts: 859 (0.24 per day)
At the suggestion to meet up at the pub Rurik simply nods his assent.

When business cards are passed out, he does likewise, producing a similar case and set of cards... though his are perhaps slightly less elegant and more utilitarian. They also likely have far less information and simply provide basic contact information.

When Patrick suggests ignoring the police and proceeding directly to the scenes Rurik quirks a brow, shaking his head and a wryness enters his expression. "If the police-man ( an emphasis is applied to each part of this compound word ) is too much for you to handle effectively, I can do so. We switch assignments then. You and Dama Tatyana can go and examine the remains and effects and Mr. Van Dur Luyden and myself can interface with the Captain. Dama, while it is all too true they may be influenced, and I do not think we should rely on them over much, I feel we should begin at least with a firm basis of what they have collected from the scenes and their basic investigations. Then perhaps we can rely more upon our own merits." Then he eyes Patrick, a wrinkling of his nose and twinkle to his eye. "Such as they are."
__________________
V/R,
Vortigern

"Adventure is something bad, happening to someone else, far far away."
  #88  
Unread 5th of March, 2009, 12:12
Darqueone's Avatar
Darqueone
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Member: #2897
Location: Altus OK
Posts: 776 (0.20 per day)
"My pardon, Master Rurik. I think Mr. James meant that we should not reveal more than strictly needed. As did I. Certainly, we should use our powers to examine both the mortal authorities and the scenes, in person. And I agree with you, the best way seems to be to go in pairs to do so; it is efficient.

"I am satisfied with either yourself, or Mr. James, as my partner for the evening." She smiles warmly. "I'm sure with such escorts, the mission will be most successful."
  #89  
Unread 5th of March, 2009, 12:27
Benicus's Avatar
Benicus
Brain in a Jar [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Member: #1716
Location: Miisk, Wharf District
Posts: 2,813 (0.62 per day)
You do understand English, right? The words flare up in Patrick's mind, waiting on the tip of his tongue for him to speak them. He restrains himself though and with a smile he speaks, "Dama was correct, letting the mortals know more would be costly to the Masquerade. I was suggesting that we meet in the club instead of at a crime scene nearby to trade information and drink. Perhaps you need me to speak more slowly?"
__________________
-Taking a hiatus from ORP. Have had rl things come up. Feel free to drop me from games. -
  #90  
Unread 5th of March, 2009, 13:15
Darqueone's Avatar
Darqueone
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Member: #2897
Location: Altus OK
Posts: 776 (0.20 per day)
Tatyana sighs slightly.
  #91  
Unread 5th of March, 2009, 14:09
Vortigern's Avatar
Vortigern
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Member: #7429
Posts: 859 (0.24 per day)
[ OOC: Mmm. I see where the misunderstanding was on my part. It was an OOC misperception. Le Sigh. Anyway. I'll just let it roll for now I suppose. My apologies. ]

Rurik pauses, eyeing both Tatyana and Patrick for a long moment before nodding once again. "Then I misunderstood. You have my apologies on that account then Mr. James. We shall proceed with the original plan then. I would say reveal only what is necessary. However revealing our role as investigators 'may' engender some camraderie if you will with this one in particular. A greater desire to assist us. If he is uncooperative at first, it may be the best way to proceed. If necessary I am certain we can have those inconvenient revelations he experiences removed later. Is all settled?" As he speaks he gathers the files and book and places them into his own case, closing it. "If so, I believe we should proceed then."
__________________
V/R,
Vortigern

"Adventure is something bad, happening to someone else, far far away."
  #92  
Unread 5th of March, 2009, 15:06
Darqueone's Avatar
Darqueone
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Member: #2897
Location: Altus OK
Posts: 776 (0.20 per day)
Tatyana rises, ready to leave with Rurik.
  #93  
Unread 6th of March, 2009, 01:42
Vortigern's Avatar
Vortigern
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Member: #7429
Posts: 859 (0.24 per day)
If there is no further input at this point Rurik will proceed to contact the ghoul ME and go to investigate the remains and effects, post haste.
__________________
V/R,
Vortigern

"Adventure is something bad, happening to someone else, far far away."

Last edited by Wired*Nun; 6th of March, 2009 at 04:49.
  #94  
Unread 6th of March, 2009, 02:42
Darqueone's Avatar
Darqueone
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Member: #2897
Location: Altus OK
Posts: 776 (0.20 per day)
(OOC Ditto)
  #95  
Unread 6th of March, 2009, 03:51
ikay's Avatar
ikay
Bodak

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Member: #2720
Location: Utrecht
Posts: 880 (0.21 per day)
[OOC; I’m ready]

Christiaan looks from one to the other, briefly pressing his fingers to the bridge of his nose, as a new crisis seems to arise and is averted immediately. “Very well, let’s continue then.”

He accepts all business- and calling cards and hands out his own in return. He instinctively rises as Tatyana does, so she isn’t the only one standing.

[OOC, if Patrick wants to do the calling I’m fine with that and I can re-write the next part]

Picking up his own phone, an elegant little contraption, he looks at Patrick; “Unless you’d like to do the honours?”

Swiftly pressing in the little numbers on his smart-phone, Christiaan proceeds with calling Capt. Anthony McGreggor.

Assuming there is an answer, Christiaan will proceed carefully, in case the policeman’s phone is monitored; “Hello, is this Mr. McGreggor? I would like to speak with you about the case Ms. Dobson told me you are working on. When can we meet?”
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 12:26.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren