Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > treehouse's Games > Age of Worms

Unread 2nd of November, 2009, 11:55
treehouse
Evolved Ulgurstasta [Epic GM]

Member: #1471
Age of Worms OOC Thread

Welcome! This is where out-of-character chat, bullshit and rules discussion go.

I'm like Jesus, but with more car chases. -BigRedRod

Every outfit has a guy like me. We're usually called "Shut the hell up!" -Doombot
Unread 2nd of November, 2009, 12:05
treehouse

Could you all send me your latest character sheets when you get a chance? We need to turn them into PbP-friendly stat blocks at some point.

Once the game is underway, it would be best if everyone could check on it about once a day if possible, even if you don't have time to post, just so you know what is going on. I will provide guidelines for in-character posting, but it generally involves something like this:

Delvanos moved to the edge of the rampart, and in one smooth motion plucked three arrows from his quiver, drew the fletchings to his ear and let loose, hoping to deliver a final death blow to Old White.

[move to B32, standard action Manyshot (3 arrows), +17 to hit, 3d10+2d6 holy+1d6 electric+48 damage. Attack roll 37 : damage [roll]3d10+48[/roll]: holy [roll]2d6[/roll]: electric 3 ]

Except, you know, the dice rolls actually all work...

Every outfit has a guy like me. We're usually called "Shut the hell up!" -Doombot
Unread 2nd of November, 2009, 12:07
treehouse

testing

Attack 18
Base Damage 64
Holy Damage 8
Electric Damage 3

I guess once you post you can't edit it to add dice rolls.

[roll]1d20[/roll]

Nope.

Unread 2nd of November, 2009, 17:56
cthulhu76
Ghoul

Member: #7784
Is there a particular format you want us to use for our character sheets that we post in the Characters and Houserules section? I'm just itching to post all of Khalavas' badassery.
Nobody... nobody trusts anybody now, and we're all very tired... there's nothing more I can do, just wait... RJ MacReady, helicopter pilot, US outpost #31.
--The Thing
Unread 2nd of November, 2009, 22:46
treehouse

We might actually be able to get away with just attaching the Excel documents. I would need to create 'DM-friendly' stat blocks for my own quick reference during combat resolution.

I'll show you an example of what I mean after I get settled down at work.

Edit: Alright I posted an example of what we could try that would require the least amount of initial work.

Last edited by treehouse; 2nd of November, 2009 at 23:32.
Unread 3rd of November, 2009, 05:49
treehouse

I took down my example since Scipio put up his actual character. Do you think that format will work for you guys? I am going to create my own reference sheet that I can get to without opening a bunch of attachments.

In the Party Status thread I will be tracking HP, expendables, buffs, debuffs and conditions. For people who prepare spells, it might be best if you maintain your own post in that thread that you can edit after resting if you decide to switch up your selection for the day.

As far as dice rolls go...there are different ways we can handle it, but what I was thinking we could do is have you guys roll anything that is pro-active (attack and damage, skill checks that you initiate, caster level checks that you know you have to make, etc.). And anything that is reactive (initiative, saves, opposed checks that someone else initiates, a caster level check that you didn't know you had to make) I can handle during round resolution.

Does that sound agreeable? Do you have any questions about how play-by-post combat works at the moment?

Unread 3rd of November, 2009, 06:11
Scipio23
Ghoul

Member: #7783
I would like to make my saves and such, but I imagine it would go smoother if you made them. No problem there at all. No questions yet, but it has been a while.
Unread 3rd of November, 2009, 06:25
treehouse

Actually there is one decent way for you to make your own reactive checks if you really want to do that. It's kind of like how I'm planning to handle Conflict Cards in my Spycraft game.

What we could do is start a separate thread that is purely for dice rolls that I don't want to see until I need them (i.e. saves).

Hold on, editing the post in a moment to continue this train of thought.

I could even make it super easy for you by posting a template that you can just copy-paste each round, making any modifications you like. Here is an example.

d20s - [roll]1d20[/roll] [roll]1d20[/roll] [roll]1d20[/roll] [roll]1d20[/roll] [roll]1d20[/roll]
d6s - [roll]1d6[/roll] [roll]1d6[/roll] [roll]1d6[/roll] [roll]1d6[/roll] [roll]1d6[/roll] [roll]1d6[/roll] [roll]1d6[/roll] [roll]1d6[/roll] [roll]1d6[/roll] [roll]1d6[/roll] [roll]1d6[/roll]

So if you copy-pasted that into a post in the 'dice rolling' thread, it would give you a bunch of rolls for that round. The reason I would want this in a separate thread is so I don't know in advance what your rolls are (I wouldn't look at the thread until I have decided what I am doing).

Last edited by treehouse; 3rd of November, 2009 at 06:36.
Unread 3rd of November, 2009, 06:37
treehouse

Testing my template (straight copy-paste):

d20s - 15 19 6 3 12
d6s - 3 6 5 3 2 1 6 2 1 3 1

Unread 3rd of November, 2009, 06:50
treehouse

cthulhu, I totally forgot how much work you put into Khalavas and his draconic history. That is some really cool stuff. Glad to be picking this game back up.

Unread 3rd of November, 2009, 06:52
cthulhu76
Ghoul

Thanks, man. Yeah, I geeked out dragon style! I am really excited to be starting this game up again, too.
Nobody... nobody trusts anybody now, and we're all very tired... there's nothing more I can do, just wait... RJ MacReady, helicopter pilot, US outpost #31.
--The Thing
Unread 9th of November, 2009, 04:03
treehouse

Wow, I need to keep those recaps briefer or no one is going to read them. I'll try to keep it simple for the next installment.

Unread 9th of November, 2009, 06:36
cthulhu76
Ghoul

I have no problem with long recaps. It's been awhile and I've forgotten alot of it, so the information is nice. Plus you write good recaps.
--The Thing
Unread 9th of November, 2009, 07:58
treehouse

Hey thanks

Three Faces of Evil is in draft form right now. It's turning out to be pretty long just because of all the Ebon Triad revelations. I think Encounter at Blackwall Keep will be very short just because I gutted that adventure completely (it's my least favorite in the path, glad to be past it). Hall of Harsh Reflections should also be fairly short, I think we did that one in about three sessions.

We are opening this back up with my second favorite of the bunch, 'Champion's Belt'.

Unread 9th of November, 2009, 13:29
treehouse

Fuck it, I'm not going to lie to myself anymore - I can't write a short recap.

Working on the final installment now (Hall of Harsh Reflections). Not sure if I'll have it up tonight but I will try. I am also posting the new Darion for review in Characters, and then we will be just about ready to go. Mycroft still needs to update Quince and show his face here. -ahem-

Unread 10th of November, 2009, 03:28
Scipio23
Ghoul

I have no problem with longer recaps. The first couple have been very informative. Good job!
Unread 11th of November, 2009, 05:56
treehouse

Thanks!

Last recap is posted. I put up some Posting Guidelines that you should look over if you get a chance. I have a draft ready to go for the first IC thread's opening post, but there is a little bit of housekeeping left to do before we start. Looking at beginning tomorrow or Thursday if all goes well.

Unread 2nd of December, 2009, 13:23
treehouse

Originally Posted by Mycroft I am fairly certain that my character sheet did not attatch. My only defense for those who may be none too suprised at my lack of technological agility is to remember that my character is much cooler than I am.
Let's not be hasty!

Quince isn't that cool.

Unread 3rd of December, 2009, 10:51
treehouse

Just curious - how much (if any) downtime do you think ya'll will need?

Unread 4th of December, 2009, 00:59
cthulhu76
Ghoul

Just a night's rest for me.
--The Thing
Unread 5th of December, 2009, 02:13
Scipio23
Ghoul

Do we have wealth to spend? If not, I am good with one night's rest. I may swap out a couple of spells.
Unread 5th of December, 2009, 07:01
treehouse

Just the wealth I sent out in the last treasure haul...

So one night of rest for everyone once you are done with Eligos?

Unread 5th of December, 2009, 08:54
cthulhu76
Ghoul

Actually I forgot that I'm upgrading my flail from +1 to +2, so that will take 6 days. I could go without it for that time if I had to, but if we have the time I'd like to wait.
--The Thing
Unread 5th of December, 2009, 10:53
treehouse

You probably don't remember this, but years ago when we were wrapping up Three Faces of Evil, you were inquiring around town about 'Loris', who was mentioned by first name only in Theldrick's journal, as a prospective recruit of Bozal Zahol.

When you tried to discover who Loris was, I told you that it was a very common name, owing largely to the immense popularity of a gladiator in the Free City of Greyhawk who was quite famous twenty years ago...

Six days of downtime is not a problem.

Unread 5th of December, 2009, 11:15
cthulhu76
Ghoul

Hey, that might be the Loris Raknian that Eligos said is a famous gladiator!
--The Thing