Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > David's Games > Kingdom of Danleb

Reply
Thread Tools
  #76  
Unread 9th of April, 2009, 10:45
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.84 per day)
Arkas turns to their employer with a quizzical look. "Um, excuse me? Mister N'Dali? It looks like he just left, like he was in a rush, but it couldn't have been too long ago. Maybe he left a trail we could follow?"
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/

Last edited by Shoelip; 9th of April, 2009 at 10:48.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Unread 9th of April, 2009, 13:20
David
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Member: #3238
Location: Washington
Posts: 469 (0.13 per day)
Looking a bit surprised, N'Dali turns to Arkas and says, “Really?, and why do you say that?”
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Unread 9th of April, 2009, 14:10
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.84 per day)
Arkas seems surprised by the response. "Well, it doesn't look like there's anything to drink here, and allot of food seems to be missing. Otherwise though it doesn't look like it's been left for long, and there doesn't look to have been a struggle." He shrugs and glances nervously at Sophia.
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Unread 10th of April, 2009, 01:50
David
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Member: #3238
Location: Washington
Posts: 469 (0.13 per day)
Looking like he may not have expected Arkas to have been so observant, and perhaps a bit flustered that he had not noticed those clues, N'Dali says, “Well, yes, I suppose that is true. Hmm...Well then, let us look outside and see if we can find any tracks. Please, lead the way my boy.” With that he gestures for Arkas to lead the way back outside.

The four of you step outside and begin searching the ground for tracks.

Last edited by David; 10th of April, 2009 at 02:06.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Unread 10th of April, 2009, 06:52
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.84 per day)
Arkas searching around for some sign of where the hermit may have gone. "Hm, it's too bad we don't have a tracker with us. That would certainly make this much easier"
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Unread 11th of April, 2009, 04:36
GeekEclectic's Avatar
GeekEclectic
Zombie

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Member: #1978
Posts: 84 (0.02 per day)
Sophia:
"There seem to be a couple sets of wagon tracks over here!" I call, "and I can't be certain, but I think these stretching to the west are the tracks we came in on. These other tracks are heading south, and I don't recall making a northern turn in our travels. What do you think this all means?"
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Unread 11th of April, 2009, 18:33
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.84 per day)
Arkas looks at their wagon to see which set of tracks it's sitting at the end of so as to tell which one is not theirs.
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Unread 13th of April, 2009, 05:12
David
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Member: #3238
Location: Washington
Posts: 469 (0.13 per day)
When Arkas examines the the parties wagon and it's tracks he can easily tell that they are one of the two sets extending west, and that the second set, which every one who takes the time to look where Sophia indicates can make out, runs west and south. It is immpossible (for all of you) to tell whether the second set of tracks comes in from the south then turns west, or vice versa.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Unread 18th of April, 2009, 07:31
David
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Member: #3238
Location: Washington
Posts: 469 (0.13 per day)
N'Dali, “Let us rest here this night, perhaps the morning shall shed some light on our predicament, and suggest which path we should follow.”
Come morning you awake refreshed. A decent breakfast is assembled from your provisions.
N'Dali informs you that he has studied the tracks some more, and given the the paths a great deal of thought, and has decided to take the south path.
As you are packing up the remains of the meal Sophia hears the slight sound of rocks scraping coming from the cave entrance.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Unread 18th of April, 2009, 10:46
GeekEclectic's Avatar
GeekEclectic
Zombie

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Member: #1978
Posts: 84 (0.02 per day)
Sophia:
I put the provisions I have in my hand back on the table slowly, inclining my head more towards the cave entrance and pointing, "Guys, I heard something like rocks moving against rocks in that direction. Maybe it was nothing, but we should probably get out of here quickly."
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Unread 18th of April, 2009, 12:15
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.84 per day)
Arkas is confused to say the least. "What? Really? Why? Shouldn't we investigate?" He starts walking slowly towards the cave entrance and peeks out.
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/

Last edited by Shoelip; 19th of April, 2009 at 08:59.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Unread 19th of April, 2009, 03:32
David
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Member: #3238
Location: Washington
Posts: 469 (0.13 per day)
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Unread 19th of April, 2009, 03:33
David
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Member: #3238
Location: Washington
Posts: 469 (0.13 per day)
[The party is currently in the area marked Residance]
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Unread 20th of April, 2009, 04:19
David
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Member: #3238
Location: Washington
Posts: 469 (0.13 per day)
Arkas quietly slips out of the chamber and down the tunnel towards the opening. Leander and Sophia move quietly to the opening form the chamber into the tunnel and watch his progress.
N'Dali stands still, moving nothing more then his eyes.
As Arkas nears the entrance, all three of you can see the small creature as it trips on the loose rocks around the entrance and falls flat on it's face. The..What ever it is would stand no more then two feet tall, is roughly humanoid in shape, except black, scaly skin, and leathery bat like wings that it is currently tangled in. Just as it is picking its self up, Leander shifts slightly, scraping the metal of his armor on the stone wall. The creature's head snaps around and its tiny eyes become visible just as they start glowing with a bright red light.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Unread 20th of April, 2009, 08:35
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.84 per day)
Arkas takes a step back, and stares at the creature in surprise. Despite it's ominous appearance, it's size (or lack thereof) and the way it was tripping over itself, made it actually seem pretty harmless, and actually a bit cute.

"Uh... Hello, are you alright?" He asks, careful not to make any sudden threatening movements.
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/

Last edited by Shoelip; 20th of April, 2009 at 16:17.
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Unread 20th of April, 2009, 14:24
Vortigern's Avatar
Vortigern
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Member: #7429
Posts: 859 (0.24 per day)
Leander is noncommital about following one set or the other of tracks. When N'Dali selects one he accepts that at face value without comment. That night around the fire he continues fiddling with the various artifacts recovered from the previous site, but without seemingly truly expecting to make much progress. In the morning, when the sound is heard he seems much more of a mind with Arkas, heading directly for the sound though he lets the other man take the lead.

At the entrance to the cave he has readied his shield and the new blade into an easy 'ready' position when the group encounters the 'creature'. "Gods and Stars!" he curses, his expression going wide with shock. As it whirls and displays its glowing eyes he raises his sword, sighting down it's length for an eternity spaning second or three. As he does so his hand and the blade arc and course with energy, clear preparation for some sort of mystical attack. "Back! he yells loudly. "Arkas, back away! With me!" he says, coming forward slightly and presenting his shield inside the mouth of the cave, attempting to block as much of that space as he can. To the creature: "Declare yourself, and your mission here. Who, and where, is your master? Be quick, I've little hesitation and much suspicioun when it comes to your kind."

[ Taking the time to aim as he expects it to be a fast and dodgy sort, and not to be talkative. Called shot to head, post aiming, if it comes to that point. ]
__________________
V/R,
Vortigern

"Adventure is something bad, happening to someone else, far far away."

Last edited by Vortigern; 20th of April, 2009 at 14:28.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Unread 21st of April, 2009, 00:03
David
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Member: #3238
Location: Washington
Posts: 469 (0.13 per day)
When Leander points his sword at the creature and yells, it jumps back, covering perhaps three yards in a single bound. It then lowers its body into a squat, hisses once, then waits.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Unread 21st of April, 2009, 03:31
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.84 per day)
"Whoa, Leander, wait! Are you trying to kill him!? Look, now he's scared..." Arkas reaches across and tries to push down the warrior's sword arm. "What is he?"
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Unread 25th of April, 2009, 08:37
David
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Member: #3238
Location: Washington
Posts: 469 (0.13 per day)
The creature continues to watch with it's red glowing eyes, the light of the bright sun little diminishing their intensity. As you speak its head bobs slightly as it slowly weaves back and fourth, hoping from one foot to the other.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Unread 25th of April, 2009, 11:50
GeekEclectic's Avatar
GeekEclectic
Zombie

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Member: #1978
Posts: 84 (0.02 per day)
Sophia:
"Oh, look! That reminds me of one of the dances that is currently popular in the Elsburn pubs! Its swagger is even reminiscent of some of the more inebriated pub goers!"
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Unread 25th of April, 2009, 19:37
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.84 per day)
"It looks like it has to pee..." Arkas says with a chuckle. "Hey, what do you think it's doing here? What do you think it is?"
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Unread 25th of April, 2009, 19:59
Vortigern's Avatar
Vortigern
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Member: #7429
Posts: 859 (0.24 per day)
Leander seems a bit offput by the reactions of his companions, but he continues none the less. Stepping forward a bit he raises the sword to a normal position... but doesn't release the energy yet. When he speaks it is in another, strange, tongue. [ Infernal/Demonic ] "Declare yourself, and your business, Muglup. Where is the one who dwelled in this place?"
__________________
V/R,
Vortigern

"Adventure is something bad, happening to someone else, far far away."
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Unread 26th of April, 2009, 01:51
David
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Member: #3238
Location: Washington
Posts: 469 (0.13 per day)
At Leander's question the creature freezes mid hop, crashing to the ground on it's side. Quickly scrambling to its knees, it then prostrates its self, and hisses unintelligibly.
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Unread 26th of April, 2009, 12:12
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.84 per day)
"Uh- Wha?" Arkas looks back and forth between the funny creature and Leander. "Um, what was that? Is that it's language? What's it saying?"
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Unread 26th of April, 2009, 13:02
Vortigern's Avatar
Vortigern
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Member: #7429
Posts: 859 (0.24 per day)
Leander quirks a brow, shifting on his feet a moment and then sheathes his sword. Releasing the lightning he had summoned harmlessly in a cascade of arcing energy into the ground he walks forward to stand near the prostrating creature. As he moves he speaks to his companions. "It says it was sent here to watch the cave. By whom I don't know, and it likely couldn't tell me in a way we could understand. Its language is strange to me, but close enough to one I know that I can understand it, and it me. N'Dali, I think it probable that the one behind the danger to your friend is the one behind sending this thing here. I shall question it further."

To the Muglup, in Infernal. "Tell me Muglup, tell me again your orders, and the proper order of carrying them out. Tell me so I know your feeble self has not completely lost them. You obviously had no due haste in getting here if I am here before you."
__________________
V/R,
Vortigern

"Adventure is something bad, happening to someone else, far far away."

Last edited by Vortigern; 26th of April, 2009 at 13:04.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 04:43.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren