Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > David's Games > Kingdom of Danleb

Reply
Thread Tools
  #51  
Unread 18th of March, 2009, 04:10
Vortigern's Avatar
Vortigern
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Member: #7429
Posts: 859 (0.24 per day)
Leander moves over to the lantern and begins looking for a means to light it, and if it can be determined, to examine the rest of the items present... and indeed the room itself.
__________________
V/R,
Vortigern

"Adventure is something bad, happening to someone else, far far away."
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Unread 18th of March, 2009, 06:40
David
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Member: #3238
Location: Washington
Posts: 469 (0.13 per day)
After a few minutes looking at the lamp, Leander determines that it has about a half pint capacity for oil, but no mechanism to control the length of a wick, nor any receptacle to hold a wick. This implies that either the wick holder is missing, or that this is merely a decorative, and not a functional, lamp.
The lamp is covered with etchings, and raised reliefs, once again they are undecipherable in the dim room.


The Flasks are covered in raised reliefs, made of some tarnished metal, and appear to have a capacity of about one pint each. Both are filled about three quarters full with a liquid of some type.


The candles are covered in sculpted designs. By touch, and what little can be seen, they appear to depict humanoid forms.


The box is made of some kind of hard, dark, wood. It is slightly warm to the touch. There are two small leather hinges on one side, and a small leather catch on the opposite side. Otherwise the box is unremarkable.


The bag is made of a tough, rough, fiber. It is tied shut at the top with a fairly thin rope, or cord, possibly made from the same fiber. Feeling the contents through the fabric suggests that the bag is filled with small granular objects, perhaps millet, or small pebbles.


The walls, floor, and ceiling of the room are made of mortared, smooth rounded river stones ranging in size from about an inch across for the smallest to about two feet across for the largest. Some of the stones in floor near the center of the room sparkle slightly due to flecks of crystal, or gem stone.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Unread 18th of March, 2009, 07:35
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.84 per day)
Arkas frowns, at the items, still confused about their usefulness. Eventually he just shrugs and goes to examine the bag and it's contents. Being careful not to spill any of whatever it is.
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Unread 19th of March, 2009, 02:47
David
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Member: #3238
Location: Washington
Posts: 469 (0.13 per day)
Arkas spends a few minutes working the knot in the rope free, and then begins unwinding the rope from the neck of the bag. After a few turns he notices that some of the rope wound around the bag is sealed with wax.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Unread 19th of March, 2009, 07:01
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.84 per day)
Arkas pauses and glances at N'Dali. "Excuse me mister N'Dali, but what's in this bag?"
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Unread 19th of March, 2009, 08:24
GeekEclectic's Avatar
GeekEclectic
Zombie

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Member: #1978
Posts: 84 (0.02 per day)
Sophia:
"I think I'll take this knife, if nobody objects." I say, all the while wondering if the knife is actually tarnished, or if it's made of an unfamiliar material that merely looks like tarnished brass in the dim light. I make plans to have it cleaned, if it is in fact tarnished, at the first possible opportunity since it is otherwise of obviously better quality than any knife I already possess.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Unread 19th of March, 2009, 09:37
David
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Member: #3238
Location: Washington
Posts: 469 (0.13 per day)
You get no response from N'Dali. He seems to be completly focused on whatever it is that he is doing.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Unread 19th of March, 2009, 14:32
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.84 per day)
Arkas shrugs and carefully starts to peal back the wax.
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Unread 20th of March, 2009, 00:18
Vortigern's Avatar
Vortigern
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Member: #7429
Posts: 859 (0.24 per day)
Leander completes his survey of the room and it's contents in time to note Arkas working at the wax on the bag. Coming over he lays a hand on the other man's shoulder as he speaks. "Be wary. The contents may be dangerous." he says. "I think the people who built this place had a war with dark gods. There is no knowing what might be within. I intend to wait until I can more carefully inspect these things in the light before using most of them. Let us leave none of them behind however." Leander does however don the armor and sword he has taken, making short work of that, and switching from his spear and shield to the sword and shield. All of the items that are not claimed he will move to place into his pack to carry out. "I'm not saying I'm claiming all of these, but I think they are too valuable to leave behind. If no one wants them later we can sell them and split the proceeds at the very least."
__________________
V/R,
Vortigern

"Adventure is something bad, happening to someone else, far far away."

Last edited by Vortigern; 20th of March, 2009 at 00:21.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Unread 20th of March, 2009, 06:43
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.84 per day)
Arkas freezes what he is doing and glances at the other man. He turns back to stare at the bag for a moment, then shrugs and wraps the rope back around again, picking up the still closed bag. "Very well. Is there anything else that must be done?"
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Unread 22nd of March, 2009, 03:58
David
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Member: #3238
Location: Washington
Posts: 469 (0.13 per day)
N'Dali abruptly stops humming, opens his eyes, and slowly stands up. He takes a moment to gather himself and then looks around. Noting that you have gathered all of the items in the room he motions for you to follow as he walks from the room saying, “Very good. I think that we are done here. Let us resume our travels.”
Returning to the wagon and the animals you find everything as you left it.
In the bright light of the day you can better see the items that you removed from the chamber.


The lamp is made of some metal that is tarnished black. The designs upon it's surface are partially obscured by the tarnish, but appear to depict scenes of study.
The knife still appears to be a metal tarnished black which is an odd color for the metal to tarnish. copper should be green, and bronze should be green or white. The etchings seem to be a flame motife.
The designs on the two flasks appear to be the sun with rays stretching nearly to the edges of the flasks. The etchings broadsword's blade are also difficult to make out, but you think it may be a lightning bolt running from hilt to tip.
The candles are covered in sculpted designs of men battling humanoid monsters. The monsters range from giant winged things, to small spiny creatures.
The box is a deep red in color.
The bag is a dirty beige color. The wax is a faded red.

You travel for the rest of the day without incident. While making camp for the night N'Dali says, “I fear that things are worse then I had thought. There are powers at work here that I barely comprehend. I may have brought you into more danger than any of us bargained for. I still believe that you are the right choice of companions to face that which we shall encounter. If you have any questions, I shall do my best to answer them.”
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Unread 22nd of March, 2009, 09:16
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.84 per day)
Arkas give the man a quizical look. "You know what we will encounter? What will we encounter?"
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Unread 22nd of March, 2009, 09:31
David
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Member: #3238
Location: Washington
Posts: 469 (0.13 per day)
To Arkas N'Dali replies, “I believe that we are to oppose the forces of an infernal power. I am not sure in just what form they shall manifest, it may be demons, or followers of some dark religion. I do not know.”
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Unread 26th of March, 2009, 00:50
Vortigern's Avatar
Vortigern
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Member: #7429
Posts: 859 (0.24 per day)
Leander nods soberly, his expression growing grim as he hefts his newly ladden pack back to his shoulders. Fitting his shield back to his arm, gripping it snugly, he hefts the new 'tarnished' broadsword once again. Giving the blade a testing spin and swipe he seems to be comforted by it in his hand. "As I suspected then. Have you faced the like before?"
__________________
V/R,
Vortigern

"Adventure is something bad, happening to someone else, far far away."
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Unread 26th of March, 2009, 10:06
David
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Member: #3238
Location: Washington
Posts: 469 (0.13 per day)
"No, that I have not."
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Unread 26th of March, 2009, 12:26
GeekEclectic's Avatar
GeekEclectic
Zombie

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Member: #1978
Posts: 84 (0.02 per day)
Sophia:
At the word 'infernal,' I wince quickly, "I'm afraid my knowledge of religion is lacking, much less any knowledge of 'infernal powers'. Need someone to charm the pants off an informant or tell a rousing story, I'm your gal! But . . . oh, what have I gotten myself into?"
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Unread 26th of March, 2009, 15:10
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.84 per day)
"I'm sure it'll be alright miss... We'll teach them not to... um, well, you know. If they try to fight us, we'll teach them they shouldn't. Besides, you can write a song about it can't you?" Arkas grins at the woman nervously.
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Unread 26th of March, 2009, 23:53
Vortigern's Avatar
Vortigern
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Member: #7429
Posts: 859 (0.24 per day)
Leander watches the exchange between Sophia and Arkas with a plain skepticism, yet in end simply laughs. With gusto, but it is a short affair. "Hah!" before he begins speaking. "Mind you this. Demons, if they are what we face, can not be alone. As strong as they are they require someone to open the door for them. Someone is either enslaved or in league with them, and is the real source of this problem. That is who you shall charm for us, my lady. As for fighting... approach each one with caution. They can be swarms of like creatures or each one terrible and unique. We must assume nothing until we know more of the particular foe we face."
__________________
V/R,
Vortigern

"Adventure is something bad, happening to someone else, far far away."
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Unread 2nd of April, 2009, 00:20
David
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Member: #3238
Location: Washington
Posts: 469 (0.13 per day)
You set out once again. After twelve more days you reach the cliffs that mark the eastern edge of the world. The scheer rock face climbs thousands of feet into the sky, dissapearing in the clouds high above.
You make your way to a small cave opening in the rock face. N'Dali tells you that this is the home of his friend the hermit. Entering you find a narrow tunnel leading back into the cliff. After following it for a dozen feet you come upon a short side passage leading to a cavern that measures about a half dozen yards across and two and a half tall. The space is funished simply enough, a large stalacmite with the top cut off appears to serve as a table, a large roughly squared stone as a stool, several niches carved into the walls hold candles, a few clay vessals lay collected by to one side of the chamber, a grass pallet with a couple of wool blankets resides at the opposite side of the chamber, several net bags containing a veriety of root vegitables hang from bronze hooks set in the walls.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Unread 2nd of April, 2009, 06:33
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.84 per day)
Arkas give the room a cursory glance "Well he's not here. But I guess we already knew that. What do we do now?"
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Unread 3rd of April, 2009, 03:14
David
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Member: #3238
Location: Washington
Posts: 469 (0.13 per day)
“Look around and see if you can find any sign as to where he may have gone. I shall meditate on this.”
With that he looks around the room for a minute, then walks over to the center of the chamber and sits cross-legged on the floor.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Unread 3rd of April, 2009, 06:53
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.84 per day)
"Very well." Arkas starts searching around the cave cautiously. "What are we looking for exactly."
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Unread 3rd of April, 2009, 07:40
GeekEclectic's Avatar
GeekEclectic
Zombie

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Member: #1978
Posts: 84 (0.02 per day)
Sophia:
As I look around, I muse, "Strange that the end of the world should have someone living inside it. Stranger still that the end of the world even has an inside."
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Unread 7th of April, 2009, 12:10
Vortigern's Avatar
Vortigern
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Member: #7429
Posts: 859 (0.24 per day)
En route Leander spends most of his free time studying all of the recovered relics, attempting to read any and all inscriptions and to determine what if any function the items might have.

In the cave:

Leander stands easy, hands on his hips, watching the entrance as the others search the place. "Indeed. I would hazard a guess we are either near enough to the edge we should turn back or... this isn't the end of much at all."
__________________
V/R,
Vortigern

"Adventure is something bad, happening to someone else, far far away."
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Unread 8th of April, 2009, 07:45
David
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Member: #3238
Location: Washington
Posts: 469 (0.13 per day)
Searching the area of the cave turns up little of interest. It looks as though who ever lives here stepped out. It is hard to say what is missing, not knowing what is normally here. There are a variety of items that would be useful on a long trip, such as a couple of water skins, and some dried foodstuffs.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 10:20.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren