Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Dirigible's Games > The Centinels

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #51  
Unread 30th of October, 2004, 11:13
Dirigible's Avatar
Dirigible
Nightcrawler [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Member: #449
Location: Auckland, NZ
Posts: 1,813 (0.33 per day)
Quantum

He takes the thermos and pours himself a cup. Tapping the logo on his chest, he says “Meteoric. I’m with the Justifiers... and I chose it myself.” He shakes his head ruefully. “Man. The TV people wanted to call me the Star-Spangled Soldier... had to put a stop to that.” He grins. “I know what it’s like to be the team baby, too...”

Taking a slug of coffee, Meteoric makes a face. “Damn, that’s bad.” He pours another cup and downs it just as quickly. With his free hand, he makes a circular gesture, taking in your aura. “So, whaddoes that do, anyway? Are you the human bug-zapper, or something?” His tone doesn’t sound deliberately offensive, but doesn’t take the barb out of his words either.
__________________
"When I read Grey's Anatomy, my mouth waters. Does that make me a bad person?"
  #52  
Unread 30th of October, 2004, 15:22
LonePaladin's Avatar
LonePaladin
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Member: #152
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 1,019 (0.17 per day)
Quantum

“So, whaddoes that do, anyway? Are you the human bug-zapper, or something?” His tone doesn’t sound deliberately offensive, but doesn’t take the barb out of his words either.
The intended effect of Meteoric's question is totally lost on Paul; he's never heard anyone call his field a bug-zapper! For a second, the shifting blue-purple light that plays over his features brightens noticeably, and his eyes flash brightly in the darkened sky. Totally unable to help himself, he bursts out laughing.

For a full minute, it's all he can do to breathe. Paul ends up laughing hard enough to double over, which causes him to perform a lazy somersault within the confines of his sphere; the miscellany of objects caught within obligingly shift out of the way of his legs as he does a graceful one-eighty.

Finally catching himself, he levels out, wiping tears from his eyes. "Good Lord, I needed that! I haven't had a good laugh since this whole rigamarole started; thanks!" He takes two deep breaths, barely resisting the urge to start snickering. "No, this isn't anything like electricity. Near as I've been able to figure out, this... well, this power--" he makes a sweeping gesture with his arm, causing the New York Times to skitter frantically out of the way-- "plays hell with the laws of physics. Some complicated space/time mumbo-jumbo that I'm still trying to figure out myself." He starts to indicate the physics book, realizing that it's stayed against his butt the whole time.

"As for the defensive part, you might want to check the back of your hand for grey hairs. If you got any, I'll buy you some real coffee later on. So... mind telling me anything about your team? The Justifiers, right?"
__________________
However, Buffalo buffalo most prefer to buffalo Buffalo buffalo that Buffalo buffalo buffalo. Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.
  #53  
Unread 30th of October, 2004, 15:36
Chronaltap's Avatar
Chronaltap
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Member: #525
Location: Somwhere outside the Web of Time.
Posts: 211 (0.04 per day)
The Mechanic
“It’s days like this that make me glad I joined the National Reconnaissance Office.”
"I can see why....." Rob says, his voice barely audible in the room.
Rob's eyes glaze over as he takes in the remarkable spectacle before him. Permutaions, theories, reaction potentials and radioactivity numbers richochet within his head, along with muffeld mumbling of the same before the other scientists.
"When can I go in?" he asks, his hands suddenly full of gadgets that no one else saw a moment ago taking readings and hooking to various points over his "working" clothes.
__________________
"Right... Now when am I again?"
  #54  
Unread 30th of October, 2004, 17:11
Dirigible's Avatar
Dirigible
Nightcrawler [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Member: #449
Location: Auckland, NZ
Posts: 1,813 (0.33 per day)
Wreck

Originally Posted by Quantum ...the shifting blue-purple light that plays over his features brightens noticeably, and his eyes flash brightly in the darkened sky...
...perform[s] a lazy somersault within the confines of his sphere...
While X is talking, the 'Port grunts and slaps his free hand to his head. He starts muttering under his breath, swear-words understandable in any language, and rubbing his temple as if he's developing a migraine. The man in the mask ignores him.

Last edited by Dirigible; 30th of October, 2004 at 17:14.
  #55  
Unread 30th of October, 2004, 18:30
Dirigible's Avatar
Dirigible
Nightcrawler [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Member: #449
Location: Auckland, NZ
Posts: 1,813 (0.33 per day)
Quantum

Meteoric's head is turned half away from you as you regain control of yourself, giving you a odd, part-worried, part amused look.

"Bends space an' time, huh? Sounds like a lotta work. Me, I just got hit by a hunk a space rock." He shrugs.

"My team..." he grins. "I guess I kinda hoped you'd have heard of us. We're in the news... but I guess New York only has time for New York, know what I'm sayin'?" Meteoric shrugs and leans back a little, leaning in thin air as if relaxing on a Windy City street corner.

"There's four of us. Masque, he's the boss... you musta heard of him, right?"

Indeed you have. A world-renowned adventurer, investigator and metacrimefighter, active since the 60's. A contemporary of the Centurion, and party to half of the last century's crisis and flashpoints.

"He's... a weird guy. Smart - scary smart - but being a shapeshifter, always wearing other peoples faces... you never see the real guy, I think. Other two're Infinity... she's a physicist, maybe you'd've got something to say to her about your powers... and Silkwyrm, she's kinda Masque's apprentice."

"Only four of us... but I guess Chicago's quieter than the Big Apple." He shakes his head, a touch angrily. "We never had trouble with Human Purity shits, that's for sure."

"What about your lot? Your teams only been active a couple a days... done much training together before that?"
__________________
"When I read Grey's Anatomy, my mouth waters. Does that make me a bad person?"
  #56  
Unread 30th of October, 2004, 18:48
Dirigible's Avatar
Dirigible
Nightcrawler [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Member: #449
Location: Auckland, NZ
Posts: 1,813 (0.33 per day)
the Mechanic

"Well... we do have full-immersion suits if you feel the need to work manually... but the remote arms are much safer."

You scan your instruments and readouts. Alpha and gamma readouts are off the charts, and there are frequencies of radiation you've never seen before. Prelimiary seismic scans indicate that it's solidly built into the surrounding bedrock, but has a number of hollow spaces inside and a complex internal structure. What you can't see is any way for the energy of whatever is causing the nucealr reactions to be harnessed or tapped... there is no provision for water to flow through it, or other means of generating usable power.

"However, you are here because of your acknowledged excellence in out-of-context problems... so how we proceed is up to you."


OOC: Just ask if you have more specific technical questions related to the object.
__________________
"When I read Grey's Anatomy, my mouth waters. Does that make me a bad person?"
  #57  
Unread 31st of October, 2004, 23:54
LonePaladin's Avatar
LonePaladin
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Member: #152
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 1,019 (0.17 per day)
"There's four of us. Masque, he's the boss... you musta heard of him, right?" ... "What about your lot? Your teams only been active a couple a days... done much training together before that?"
"Now that's awesome, working for Masque. Can't say much about you not being in the paper or whatever -- I've only been in this line of work for about a month, and I'm WAY behind on what's been happening the past few years. Long story."

Quantum involuntarily flinches as the concert below hits an extremely low bass-note, adding about five feet to his altitude. "Yow! Anyway, the others had been working before; the only recently, well, 'activated' me to help 'em out with a tough spot. Say, you wanna go dirtside, maybe get a beer? I can get us to the nearest bar in about three seconds."
__________________
However, Buffalo buffalo most prefer to buffalo Buffalo buffalo that Buffalo buffalo buffalo. Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

Last edited by Dirigible; 1st of November, 2004 at 04:48.
  #58  
Unread 2nd of November, 2004, 09:24
Dirigible's Avatar
Dirigible
Nightcrawler [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Member: #449
Location: Auckland, NZ
Posts: 1,813 (0.33 per day)
Quantum

"You're kidding, right?" Meteoric looks amused. "You guys work for the damn Centurion - he was my boss's boss. That's prestige..."

"Thanks for the offers, but I'm here and family business. I better get..." He stops, and listens. A slight frown crosses his features. "The singers've stopped... that's just the backing music." You both look down.

Waves of panic are spreading through the audience as figures stalk through the aisles around the seats. Up on the stage, a figure seems to be harassing the musicians.
__________________
"When I read Grey's Anatomy, my mouth waters. Does that make me a bad person?"
  #59  
Unread 2nd of November, 2004, 16:34
LonePaladin's Avatar
LonePaladin
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Member: #152
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 1,019 (0.17 per day)
Quantum

Quantum slaps his forehead. "Crap. Can't even sneak into a freakin' Beastie Boys concert without trouble popping up. C'mon, let's do the right thing." He holds out his hand, offering to encompass Meteoric within his power-field.

[[ Whether or not his offer is accepted... ]]

The field blinks out of existence, causing the air around it to collapse into the vacated space with a fierce snap. Instantly, there is a rush of air as the field reforms ten feet above the stage, with Quantum [and Meteoric] hovering within.
__________________
However, Buffalo buffalo most prefer to buffalo Buffalo buffalo that Buffalo buffalo buffalo. Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.
  #60  
Unread 3rd of November, 2004, 08:33
Kaos's Avatar
Kaos
Ghast

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Member: #541
Posts: 310 (0.06 per day)
Originally Posted by Dirigible “What brings you to the home of the lost?” the man asks in a soft, detached voice, his gaze distant and unfocused.
Glancing over at Trisha, hoping that she might know what this is Ryan limps forward a few steps.

"Our apologies, we didn't know that you were here. We are just passing through and we don't want any trouble."
  #61  
Unread 4th of November, 2004, 13:26
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.93 per day)
Wreck

He cocks an eyebrow at the briefcase, uncertain how it could be construed as a threat. Then again, what more could one expect from a man whose name is but one consonent, and a cliché one at that. Tracy does what he does best, well, next to punching the bejesus out of things anyway. He plays dumb.

"You give 'em lots of money? Sounds like my kind of enemy."

The Port, the hard to catch sonofabitch, gives the X a dirty look. He doesn't blame the mercenary; if Tracy was him, he'd give him an ugly look too. Then again, if Tracy was the Port, he'd be a whole lot uglier. That thought doesn't sit well with the big man, but fortunately for him, he doesn't have to worry about it. He allows himself a small smile. The dumb merc probably got fooled by the same blonde. Damn those hotties, his one--out of five--weakness.

"So can we get on with it? I've got stuff I gotta do tonight."
  #62  
Unread 4th of November, 2004, 13:27
Dirigible's Avatar
Dirigible
Nightcrawler [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Member: #449
Location: Auckland, NZ
Posts: 1,813 (0.33 per day)
Quantum

Meteoric shies away from your hand. “Naw, man, I’m cool... got my own means of travel.” An faint, flaming orange aura flickers over his frame, and he takes a death-defying plunge straight down towards the stage. You translocate after him.

Your field sends waves of crackling, plasma-static off the teetering amplifier stacks and instruments scattered around the stage. The three musicians huddle together, cowering away from a tall, fierce looking man with bones (maybe human, maybe animal) woven into his thick, uncut white hair and beard. He glares at them with albino-red eyes, and when he speaks, you can see sharp teeth. He wears dirty clothes that might have been anything from a tuxedo to drag ages ago, but now have been worn for so long and mixed with cured hides that they just blend together.

“...think you’re the Beastie Boys? Pathetic. Let me show you my beastie boys...”

The man gestures behind him at the creatures picking their way through the rioting crowd. The first thing that comes to mind is neanderthals. The creatures are humanoid, but oversized and overmuscled, with long, hairy limbs and sloped brows. The audience seems to be torn between fighting the creatures, fleeing from them, and fighting each other... even though, given t he situation, you’d expect them to all be running.

As you’re collecting your wits, Meteoric streaks down like his namesake and the ground at the lunatic’s feet explodes. Bits of flaming wood exploding in all directions, some bouncing off your warp field. The metavillain launches into an amazing back flip, more than you could do at your best, more than Osprey could do, and lands gracefully, his whole body curled into an aggressive crouch. He doesn’t move like a 60 year old...

As Meteoric begins to rise out of the crater, the man screams, a wild, animal noise. “NO ONE interrupts one of Devolution’s lectures... I’m going to eat the meat off your bones!”

A strange, pungent smell hits your nostrils, like burning plastic mixed with a wet dog. Meteoric shudders, and begins to float back from Devolution, raising his fists defensively. You start to feel uneasy, too... start to wonder if maybe your time might be better spent ferrying the musicians to safety or pacifying the neanderthals than... than... tangling with him.

Initiative
Devolution: 21
Meteoric: 13
Audience: 11
Quantum: 10
Neanderthals: 8
  #63  
Unread 4th of November, 2004, 13:41
LonePaladin's Avatar
LonePaladin
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Member: #152
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 1,019 (0.17 per day)
Quantum

Quantum rushes across the stage, grabbing as many civilians as possible and gathering them within his warp-field. He yells to Meteoric, "Keep him busy! Just buy me some time!" Not waiting for a response, he translocates the crowd to the nearest safe spot (as best he can find) and jumps right back to get more.

[[ Move action to gather civvies, and a quick hop to safety. Burning a Hero Point if necessary to get as many as possible in one jump. ]]
__________________
However, Buffalo buffalo most prefer to buffalo Buffalo buffalo that Buffalo buffalo buffalo. Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.
  #64  
Unread 4th of November, 2004, 13:48
Dirigible's Avatar
Dirigible
Nightcrawler [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Member: #449
Location: Auckland, NZ
Posts: 1,813 (0.33 per day)
Wreck

"You give 'em lots of money? Sounds like my kind of enemy."
“Precisely. We subvert them.”

His hand goes to the latch of the case, but before he can open it a small door opens in the corner of the control room. Speak of the devil. Dana, if that is indeed her real name, steps nervously into the room. When she sees you, she gives a gasp of alarm, until she realises that there’s a window between you and her (like that’d stop ya?).

“I...” she stammers, staring at you, but then she regains a modicum of composure. “Mr. X... I’d like my payment now... and to get out of here.” She turns a pretty, nervous green eyed glance at you and folds her arms as if suddenly cold.

X’s shoulders slump ever so slightly... perhaps he doesn’t like being distracted int he middle of his villainous monologues. “Ah. Yes. All right, Ms. Conant... my associate will escort you out directly. Piotr, please.” The arms dealer tears his hostile glare away from you and glance contemptuously at the hottie. He reaches out his good hand and taps her on the shoulder...

OOC:There’s time for Wreck to interject a parting statement, if you wish.

...then they both vanish.

X adjusts one of his gloves. “Now, where were we... Ahh, yes. Avarice.”

“There are three ways this conversation can end, Mr. Cavanaugh. One,” He flips open the briefcase. It’s full of cash. A lot of cash... must be 250 K, easy. “You can leave New York, tonight, and never return, severing all your links with t he Centinels. If that happens, you get this case.” He sets it down on the floor.

“Two,” the second case, containing an equal quantity of cold hard dineros, is opened. “You can choose to reassign your allegiance from the Centinels to Syndicate X. You’ll find the work we offer far more to your liking and aptitudes... and the remuneration far, far more generous. If you decide to do this, you’ll get both of these cases. With the certainty of more to come.” The case is placed on top of the other one. Your mind races... 250 K, plus 250 K is... wait... don't tell you, it's... wait... 500 thousand dollars.

“Three.” Disappointingly, there is no more money forthcoming. “You might decide to act in a surprising, uncharacteristic way... that is, not out of self interest. In that situation, I’m afraid I can only offer you one thing... a fight you can’t win.”

X folds his hands discreetly behind his back. “As long as you need to decide, Mr. Cavanaugh. I think we can both rely on your nose for business.”

Last edited by Dirigible; 4th of November, 2004 at 14:05.
  #65  
Unread 4th of November, 2004, 14:05
Dirigible's Avatar
Dirigible
Nightcrawler [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Member: #449
Location: Auckland, NZ
Posts: 1,813 (0.33 per day)
Bolt

Trisha steps forward, resting her hand on your arm. “Hello, Prophet. Do you remember me?”

For a long moment the man stands with the same distant expression, as if he hasn’t heard her. At last, he says “Yes, Trisha... I remember you.”

She nods, a little uneasily, looking around the ghetto. “Is the Old One Eye here? We’d like to talk with him.”

Prophet bows slightly, and drifts away into the room, apparently intending for you to follow him. The crowd parts into huddling, whispering clusters on either side. Trisha moves to follow him, giving you a reassuring glance.

As you move to follow her, the little girl suddenly appears in your way. She looks up at you intensely, and whispers in a soft voice: “You’re hurt. Did the killing men hurt you?”
__________________
"When I read Grey's Anatomy, my mouth waters. Does that make me a bad person?"
  #66  
Unread 5th of November, 2004, 07:57
Kaos's Avatar
Kaos
Ghast

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Member: #541
Posts: 310 (0.06 per day)
Squatting down and grimicing a little from the pain, Ryan studies the little girl for moment.

"Yea, I guess they did." He replys glancing up making sure he knows which way Trisha is going. "How often do they come down here?"
  #67  
Unread 5th of November, 2004, 11:31
GusPorterhouse's Avatar
GusPorterhouse
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Member: #561
Location: Mos Acworth
Posts: 417 (0.08 per day)
Osprey

Rob hangs upright in midair, cautiously moving backwards towards the rooftop opposite his attacker. It seems to him that the kick was meant to send him over the ledge to his doom, which would mean that whoever this is probably doesn't know who Osprey is.

As he steps up onto the ledge, he calls out: "Any point in asking what that was for?"

OOC: At this point, Rob will fight defensively if combat breaks out; he'll get a +3 to defense instead of +2 because of his Acrobatics. His intent is to take the measure of this guy and see what kind of tricks he might have up a sleeve.
  #68  
Unread 6th of November, 2004, 11:20
Dirigible's Avatar
Dirigible
Nightcrawler [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Member: #449
Location: Auckland, NZ
Posts: 1,813 (0.33 per day)
Bolt

Her haunting eyes study your face for a moment. “Too often. Once, twice a month.” She reaches out and pokes a finger at the bloody, dirty gouge on your thigh. You stifle a gasp of pain, and then fail to gasp a yell as an agonizing burning sensation sears the wound. You lose balance and sprawl on your back, hands clasped around the wound, eyes watering. Through the tears, you see a pale green slime dripping from the girl’s hands. The pain is incredible. It’s like the furrow is being scoured with hydrochloric acid.

Trisha rushes back and skids to her knees next to you. “Ryan? What’s wrong?” She glares at the girl hostily. “What did you do?” She casts an imploring gaze at the crowd and the passive-looking Prophet. “Help him! Please!”

Suddenly, it stops, leaving only the throbbing memory of pain. Panting, you look at your leg, expecting to see a mess of liquefied skin and blood... but instead, the wound is knitted shut, leaving only an ugly red knot of scars stretched across the skin visible through the gash in your jeans.

Quietly, the girl tucks her oozing hands back in the pockets of her jacket, still staring at you with her big, pale eyes.
  #69  
Unread 7th of November, 2004, 06:51
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.93 per day)
Wreck

He purses his lips and runs a calloused hand along the stubble of his chin. It's a lot of money, and he needs a shave. Damn hair's turned out to be about as tough as his skin. Lately he's had to buy cutting edge technology just to shave his damn face. It's expensive, but 500 g's would go a long way toward cover that, plus a whole lotta hookers and beer.

"Lotta money," he says, continuing to scratch the steel stubble on his face, "but I got a few questions first."

He watches the hottie leave, casting a furtive look his way. Tracy doesn't blame her, not really, he's done worse things for money.

He ticks off one thick finger. "One. What's the payment per job?" A second finger joins the first. "Two. Whaddya mean a fight I couldn't win? What's your deal?" A third joins its brethren. "Three. Would workin' with you mean I get to mess up those punks at the Centinels?"

He grins. Maybe he could salvage something out of tonight.
  #70  
Unread 7th of November, 2004, 15:09
Dirigible's Avatar
Dirigible
Nightcrawler [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Member: #449
Location: Auckland, NZ
Posts: 1,813 (0.33 per day)
Wreck

X turns his head slightly to his right for a moment, glancing at the shadowy side door into the control room.

“The payment is fully negotiable, and can be in any form you see fit. My colleague ‘Port, for instance, is being paid in assistance rather than cash.”

You sense an eyebrow being raised when you ask your second question. “It was a threat, Mr. Cavanaugh. Please don’t misunderstand... I have no wish to fight you myself. I prefer to see myself as... a facilitator. An Administrator. One would hardly challenge Versacci to a contest of sartorial elegance...” he pauses, seeing your blank look. “...or, ahh, Mike Tyson to a punching competition. Nevertheless... if you refuse my offer, I can hardly allow you to leave know that you’ve seen me. So I have made contingencies to locate a suitable executioner. Whose services will not be necessary, I hope.”

There’s a pause at the third question. “Am I to understand you don’t feel any particular comradeship with them?”
  #71  
Unread 7th of November, 2004, 16:10
Kaos's Avatar
Kaos
Ghast

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Member: #541
Posts: 310 (0.06 per day)
Bolt

"Its ok Trisha, I'm ok." He says placing his hand on her arm to reassure her. "She healed my leg, she was trying to help me." He lays his head down on the floor and trys to compose himself. "Jesus, talk about the cure being worse then the disease." He thinks to himself.

Sitting back up, he looks at the little girl. "Thank you, that was very nice of you." He tells her giving her a smile. Getting up unsteadily and using Trisha for support. "We should go talk to One eye and then we should talk to these people about those men I fought earlier, I think they hunt them for sport." He tells her, his voice lowered.
  #72  
Unread 8th of November, 2004, 06:51
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.93 per day)
Wreck

Tracy shrugs his heavy shoulders at the man's question, uncertain as to whether or not he really feels the need to pummell the others. He makes a mental note to check on, what was it? Satirical? Satyriasis? Sartorial? Damn. He really needs to keep a recorder on him.

"Couple of 'em are all right, I guess. We were all in it for, um, our own reasons, I guess."

He looks around, casting an eye at the 'Port. The merc has something up his ass and it likely has to do with this X. Tracy draws a long, deep breath and exhales with the same deliberateness. It's a lot of money, way more than the Cents wanted to pay.

Heh, that's all they're givin' me, cents.

"Looks like we've got us an, um, accord," he says, impressed by his big word. "So...where's the rest of the group? And could we maybe talk about this in a more, uh, comfortable setting?"
  #73  
Unread 13th of November, 2004, 15:02
Dirigible's Avatar
Dirigible
Nightcrawler [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Member: #449
Location: Auckland, NZ
Posts: 1,813 (0.33 per day)
Quantum

You hardy have the time or inclination to look around to see how the fight between the two paras is going. The foul stench that pervades your nostrils seems to be frazzling your nerves, and its all you can do to keep your mind on grabbing people in your warp field and carrying them to safety.

Too be continued...

Osprey

From across the street, you size each other up. Your adversary is an athletic Chinese woman, her short black hair pulled into a partial pony tail. She wears a red body suit with a white rabbit symbol on the left side of the chest. She jerks her arm, and a short steel spike on the end of a length of metal cord whips back into her sleeve, pulled out from the overhang of a nearby building. Both hands now free, she draws a short staff, a little longer than one of your escrimm sticks, from a sling on her back.

“I was not told you could fly,” she says in heavily accented English. “But it matters not. I will not let you interfere in this raid... or return to your employer.” The staff whistles as she sweeps it around, then she drops into a fighting crouch.

Too be continued...

Bolt

The girl just keeps staring at you in her unnerving way. Trisha takes your arm, helping you up. She starts when you express your opinion, a look of appalled rage and horror in her eyes. “Oh god. I thought it couldn’t get any worse for these people...” Trisha’s dark eyes lid for a moment as she takes a slow breath to calm herself. As she opens them again, you hear the faintest of words from her: “I hate this world.”

You rapidly rejoin Prophet, and he leads the way through the grubby catacombs the mole people seem to inhabit. You come to a sort of courtyard, a narrow flat area between stacks of crates, scattered with refuse. Huddled in one corner is a mass of rags and discarded clothes that stirs slightly at your approach. A gab appears between some of the layers of cloth, letting you see a thin sliver of face so dirty that you couldn’t even guess at race or age. A single, shadowed eye stares at you unblinkingly.

“Hello, Trisha.” The voice is a haggard wheeze. “You have brought the champion to us...” The eye turns to you. “Hail, Saviour.”

To be continued...

Wreck

X nods. “You’ve made the most profitable choice, Wreck.” The ‘Port still hasn’t returned from escorting the hottie out. The man int he hat seems to be about to add more...

When there’s a massive CLUNGGG from the steel doors at the south end of the subway station. The doors start to buckle, more and more as whatever it is continues to smash at them. Oversized fist marks appear in the metal.

X shifts, reaching into his duster and drawing a large, sophisticated silver pistol with three barrels. “It looks like I miscalculated the ferocity of your opponent... Wreck, prepare yourself for a fight you can win, with my help.”

Something huge steps into the subway station as the doors finally collapse with a shriek of tearing metal...

To be continued...
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 10:20.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren