Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Dirigible's Games > The Centinels

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #26  
Unread 27th of January, 2004, 20:02
Dirigible's Avatar
Dirigible
Nightcrawler [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Member: #449
Location: Auckland, NZ
Posts: 1,813 (0.33 per day)
Stone takes in Scribner's description coldly, annotating a file in her hand on the drive back to the Centinel Building. It strikes you that she wields the documents like a shield, always keeping it between her and anyone she's talking to. "I cannot add anything, based on what you've told me. As you say, it provides no answers by itself."

You arrive back on the third floor of the gleaming glass and steel Centinel Building. The security staff, dressed in crisp black uniforms with the Centurion's stylised gold Greco-Roman helmet symbol clear a crowd of reporters and gawpers away from the main entrance, but the limo pulls into the underground carpark, avoiding them. The others are still there as Stone leads you back into the conference room.

After the Seer reports what he saw, Stone stands up and waits for you to collect your attention. "The sale is scheduled for 6:30 pm tonight. If there are any preparations you need to make, gentlemen, I suggest you do so."


Last edited by Dirigible; 29th of January, 2004 at 11:42.
  #27  
Unread 29th of January, 2004, 15:51
Dirigible's Avatar
Dirigible
Nightcrawler [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Member: #449
Location: Auckland, NZ
Posts: 1,813 (0.33 per day)
After a few moments, Stone gathers her papers and sweeps out of the room.

The Mechanic stands, pauses uncertainly, then shuffles out after her with a determined look on his face.


OOC: What are you going to do before your... appointment?

Last edited by Dirigible; 29th of January, 2004 at 15:56.
  #28  
Unread 30th of January, 2004, 07:54
GusPorterhouse's Avatar
GusPorterhouse
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Member: #561
Location: Mos Acworth
Posts: 417 (0.08 per day)
OOC: I'm all for doing some recon. Can they set me up with some bino's?
  #29  
Unread 30th of January, 2004, 13:39
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.93 per day)
"I've got some 'questions' to ask Mavano."

Wreck blinks, eyes slowly sliding to look at the others before watching the geek, Brace, leave with Ms. Stone. He shrugs. If the guy thought he could talk to dead people, let him.

"Radio'd be good," Wreck says, stretching out on the couch, his large boots sticking over the end of one side. "But I still think we find a way in and start swinging 'til nobody's left. I ain't worried about no bullets."

When Brace returns he raises an eyebrow at the mention of a robot killing the detective, but if Wreck is interested, he doesn't show it.
  #30  
Unread 31st of January, 2004, 14:01
tKL's Avatar
tKL
Small Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Member: #539
Location: Somerville, MA
Posts: 28 (0.01 per day)
The Seer

"I'm happy to wait here, unless anyone has anything they'd like me to do or like me to help with." The Seer takes his copy of Cotton Mather back out and starts reading.

Last edited by tKL; 1st of February, 2004 at 00:59.
  #31  
Unread 31st of January, 2004, 15:45
Kaos's Avatar
Kaos
Ghast

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Member: #541
Posts: 310 (0.06 per day)
Bolt

Originally posted by Cadrius
"But I still think we find a way in and start swinging 'til nobody's left. I ain't worried about no bullets."[/b]
"Some of us aren't bulletproof, but you can all ways use the front door. You would make a good diversion at the very least." He tells the streched out man.

"I will take the dock entrance and Rob can take the ceiling, hit them hard and don't give them a chance to know what's happening, we take out any meta-humans first of course."

Recon sounds good, go see if they have made any changes to the layout or added any additional security just remember we have less then 6 hours before the deal goes down try to get back in 3."

"Brace, you said you can see into the future? Can you do that with a building? If you can maybe you should take a quick visit to the warehouse and see if you can get anything. if not find where Robert went and see if he is coming with the 3 of us or if he has some gadgets that we can use."

Last edited by Kaos; 31st of January, 2004 at 15:49.
  #32  
Unread 1st of February, 2004, 00:58
tKL's Avatar
tKL
Small Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Member: #539
Location: Somerville, MA
Posts: 28 (0.01 per day)
The Seer

Originally posted by Kaos
"Brace, you said you can see into the future? Can you do that with a building? If you can maybe you should take a quick visit to the warehouse and see if you can get anything. if not find where Robert went and see if he is coming with the 3 of us or if he has some gadgets that we can use."
"I can. Sometimes. I can't control it. My postcognition could be helpful, too, though. Maybe someone should come with me? If there's trouble I'm not going to really be able to handle it myself. I'm not much in a fight."
  #33  
Unread 1st of February, 2004, 11:50
Kaos's Avatar
Kaos
Ghast

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Member: #541
Posts: 310 (0.06 per day)
Re: The Seer

Originally posted by tKL
"I can. Sometimes. I can't control it. My postcognition could be helpful, too, though. Maybe someone should come with me? If there's trouble I'm not going to really be able to handle it myself. I'm not much in a fight."
You could go with Rob or I could tag along with you, your choice really.
  #34  
Unread 3rd of February, 2004, 03:23
GusPorterhouse's Avatar
GusPorterhouse
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Member: #561
Location: Mos Acworth
Posts: 417 (0.08 per day)
Osprey

To Seer: "That sounds like a good idea. You can come with me; if you stick close and follow my lead, they might not ever even know that we were there. If there's trouble, I'll cover our retreat.
"The only thing is that I can't get us both there. Carrying someone, I can make a long jump and that's it. If you've got a car, or we can get one, we'll park it close by and approach on the ground; I'll scout ahead and bring you in when and if it's safe. OOH! ::snaps fingers:: Camera! Anybody got one?"

OOC: GM, what are the limits of mundane equipment we can hit our benefactors up for? I don't want to be 'that guy' taking too much advantage of the situation, because I've GM'ed for him and I hate him...
  #35  
Unread 3rd of February, 2004, 18:13
tKL's Avatar
tKL
Small Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Member: #539
Location: Somerville, MA
Posts: 28 (0.01 per day)
The Seer

In response to the Osprey...

"That sounds fine to me. We could always take a cab and get out a few blocks away. No one will notice a cab in the city."
  #36  
Unread 4th of February, 2004, 01:47
Kaos's Avatar
Kaos
Ghast

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Member: #541
Posts: 310 (0.06 per day)
bolt

"Ok, that sounds good. You two get going and try to stay out of sight, surprise is probably the best thing we got right now. I will try to find someone who can hook us up with some equipment." Ryan says as he stand up and heads towards the door.

"Good luck, and try not to get shot." He says half jokingly and half seriously. as he heads out the door looking for someone to help him.

Last edited by Kaos; 4th of February, 2004 at 05:20.
  #37  
Unread 4th of February, 2004, 02:06
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.93 per day)
Wreck

"Who's in charge of this outfit?" he asks, pushing himself into a sitting position as the couch creaks in protest. "Best to have a chain of command before we get in a scrap."

He scratches the two day stubble on his cheek and looks at his companions once more. The corpse-talker said he was worthless in a fight, and without some loot the gear-head's probably about the same. That leaves Wreck, the quick one, and the other guy. They said they were handy in a fight but Tracy isn't sure that they can take more than a punch or two. If there are only thugs with guns inside, then things should be okay. If not, if more than one who can fight is in there...well, it won't he his fault if the others can't take a hit.

"Recon, eh? Good idea. Give me some binocs and a camera and I'll get a nice view. People don't usually look up."
  #38  
Unread 4th of February, 2004, 06:15
Chronaltap's Avatar
Chronaltap
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Member: #525
Location: Somwhere outside the Web of Time.
Posts: 211 (0.04 per day)
The Mechanic
Bumps into Ryan as he walks back into the room carrying boxes of....stuff... in his arms.
"Ooops, sorry..." he says, as he pauses and tries to find a clear path to the table without knocking anyone over...
"So.... did I miss anything? I was picking up some of the gear I brought that I've been working on the past couple months... Thought it could come in handy. They had it in one of the labs for me," as he sets the two boxes on the table.

Setting the boxes down he begins pulling tech from it. Not the prettiest gear in the world, but definitely functional, rugged too.
"Let's see.... heres the ear comms.... handy, replacing my cellphone with one of these once I figure out once I get through the regulations to get into the same bandwidth... These are encrypted for the time being... shouldn't have to worry about eaves droppers," he says, pulling out a box, "what else... oh!! the Telephoto photographic Optics!! I was wondering where I put those..." while pulling out several sets of Sunglasses.
"Now where were those interface pads... ah here they are!" as he pulls out several sets of gloves. and lays them on the table.

He pauses as he goes though the boxes, realizing that everybody is looking at him like he's nuts... "What? What'd I do? So I went and got some gear I figured we'd need... What did you think the tech specialist was going to do?" He then pulls out his padd and starts looking through it... for all appearances trying to match the schematics he's carrying, with some of the toys in the box.
__________________
"Right... Now when am I again?"
  #39  
Unread 4th of February, 2004, 08:05
Kaos's Avatar
Kaos
Ghast

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Member: #541
Posts: 310 (0.06 per day)
Bolt

Ryan follows Robert back into the room.

"Well that went a lot easier then I figured." Ryan thinks to himself as he watches Robert unpack his box of gadgets.

Taking the ear comms he passes them out to everyone, if there is enough, if not then he takes one for himself and gives one to Rob and Terry.

"Wreck, go with them but stay out of sight. I don't think your that big on subtlety. If they get into trouble go in and knock some heads together and if these things can reach here," he says eyeing the piece of equipment, "I can be there in about 30 seconds. You guys better get going, traffic is going to be murder."

Ryan will proceed to sit down and figure out how to turn the ear comm on.
  #40  
Unread 4th of February, 2004, 14:32
Dirigible's Avatar
Dirigible
Nightcrawler [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Member: #449
Location: Auckland, NZ
Posts: 1,813 (0.33 per day)
Wreck

The Hudson roils sluggishly waaay beneath you as you hang over the Manhattan docks.

Well, this is dull. Still, even with all the smog up here, it can't be worse for your lungs than those godawful 'Tibetan cigars' McIntyre used to smoke.

The Mercer warehouse is crammed into a dingy corner of the area, between a couple of big grey concrete edificies, it's grimmy red brick walls look positivly olde worlde next to the newer buildings. It seems quiet; you only see two guys in the area around the warehouse, fat guys in overalls who step outside ofr a smoke twice in the hour. They look bored, and casual.

Clicketty click

Not even any overzealous 'copters to avoid, Christ, this is...

Hey hey, whats that? Some blonde with a nice rack decided to leave her curtains open while she takes a shower? Thank God for the telescopic lens...

Clicketty click

The Seer & Osprey

The cab drops you a little ways down the street, and you hand a few bucks to the Sikh man in the drivers seat. Looking up into the sky, you can see a tiny, dark smudge that might be Wreck, way up in overcast layer.

You make your way along the street, passing a couple of homeless guys comatose on the pavement. Cars rattle past on the street, kicking up splatters of dirty water from the drains. You duck into an alley, and find yourself confronted with a chain link fence, blacking the path, with some empty cardboard boxes and piles of newsprint stacked next to it. Coils of razorwire glint freshly on the teop of the fence. You'll have to get over it to approach the side of the Mercer warehouse.

Bolt & the Mechanic

The two of you remain behind, and are quickly sheparded from the conference room to a nicely appointed lounge. A translucent curtain keeps most of the noise and glare of the late-afternoon city from penetrating the window, and fresh coffee sits on a side table. The Mechanic is soon consumed in his toys, scattered over the table, while Bolt sprawls miserably on a couch, gradually sinking into the black, encompassing wall of depression that confronts him. Sitting there, doing nothing, feeling static, his mind drifts back to Elizabeth...

There's a knock at the door, and it swings open. A pretty, dark haired woman leans in, glances around, and smiles relievedly. "Hi... Trisha Ling, CrossMedia New York Times. You're the Bolt and the Mechanic, right? Mr Sanders, Mr Thomas?" She glances around again, stepping into the room. "Where are the others? Didn't they tell you about the interview?"
  #41  
Unread 4th of February, 2004, 23:17
Chronaltap's Avatar
Chronaltap
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Member: #525
Location: Somwhere outside the Web of Time.
Posts: 211 (0.04 per day)
The Mechanic
A slight pulse from his padd tells him of an incoming signal... Setting down several gadgets, he pulls it out of one of his pockets and begins scanning for the new file...

"Humm... Incoming photos...must be Wreck..." he mutters to himself at the table quaffing half his mug of coffee.
"Warehouse...doesn't seem terribly remarkable... oh... I've got some more coming... WHA!!!" Robert exclaims as he recieves the **ahem** files from Wrecks cam.

The knock on the door pulls Roberts attention from the padd to the young woman walking in... A brief flush rushes through his skin as a quick couple of keystrokes delete the open photograph from his database.

He cocks his head to one side as he sets the padd down... and listens to Ms. Ling introduce herself... Then runs his right hand through his unruly black hair, and turns to look at Bolt sitting across the table.
"No one mentioned an interview to me... did you hear anything about this?" he asks his new associate.
Turning back to Ms. Ling, "Sorry, some of the others took off to take care of some buisness... I don't think anyone mentioned any interviews... Though, I don't think they'll be a problem."

Last edited by Chronaltap; 5th of February, 2004 at 23:12.
  #42  
Unread 5th of February, 2004, 03:29
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.93 per day)
Wreck

"Hey, don't forget to save those," Wreck says into the comm device, "I'm starting to like this recon thing."

Still, apart from his good fortune with the telescopic lense, he quickly finds himself bored. At least the smog provides him some cover from unwanted eyes, not that the amateurs down in the warehouse would think that someone might try to stop them. That's what they are, amateurs, and stupid ones, too. Eyes to his binoculars Wreck only occasionally keeps an eye on the warehouse, preferring to look around the rest of town instead. Hell, he might find something more interesting. He takes a couple photos of the two men that come outside to smoke, but everything appears quiet from where he is.

I wonder what that blonde's up to, he wonders.

clickety click
  #43  
Unread 5th of February, 2004, 04:28
GusPorterhouse's Avatar
GusPorterhouse
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Member: #561
Location: Mos Acworth
Posts: 417 (0.08 per day)
Osprey

No problem, Rob thinks, then turns toward the Seer. "What do you weigh, like 165? Hold onto me." Assuming that Seer doesn't try to stop him, Rob lifts them both up and over the fence.

OOC: I'm basing this on a response I got on the Think Tank, they seem to think that flying capacity is based on Str. Rob's heavy load is 430 lbs, so he shouldn't have any problem. If there is a problem, let me know and I'll edit.
  #44  
Unread 5th of February, 2004, 06:16
Dirigible's Avatar
Dirigible
Nightcrawler [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Member: #449
Location: Auckland, NZ
Posts: 1,813 (0.33 per day)
Bolt & The Mechanic

She flashes a brilliant smile. "No, that's OK, we can start with you guys..." Reaching into her pocket, she produces an audiocorder, a small metal device the size of a zippo lighter. Clicking it on, she sticks it to the breast of her jacket and whispers the date and time into it.

"Bolt; can you tell me a little about yourself? In particular, how you came to enter this... line of work? What motivates you to fight the good fight?." Her dark eyes give Ryan Sanders her undivided attention.

Wreck

The smog makes you want to sneeze... no, that's not a sneeze. You feel a tingling at the base of your neck, like someone's watching you... it moves forward, through your brain, a dizzy sensation, you feel it bunch in your forebrain...

What tastes like copper? Blood? You reach up, rubbing the back of your hand over your face. It comes off smeared with red. You can feel blood trickling from your nose, over your lips, matting your tash and goatee.

Damn! You haven't had a bloody nose since the accident. no-one's been able to hit you hard enough to make you bleed.

Osprey and The Seer

Easy as pie, you think as you hop over the fence. Landing lightly, the Seer detatches himself and walk over to the building. Leaning on the brick wall, under a big white stencil of the letter M, he presses his palms to it, closes his eyes...

...step a away a moment later with a frustrated shaek of the head. [i]Nothing/[i].
  #45  
Unread 5th of February, 2004, 06:25
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.93 per day)
Wreck

"Stupid head ache," he says, rubbing his eyes and then stops in mid-rub. He doesn't get headaches, only rarely before the accident and never since. Pulling his hand away reveals blood. He almost laughs at the sight of it. For an instant he wondered if he could still bleed. Yet his combat instincts kick in and a wry grin appears on his face. Maybe this would turn out to be a fun. He flicks the blood from his hands, seeing the droplets begin their swift decent toward the ground.

With a burst of speed Wreck rockets upward, above the cloud cover in an attempt to draw out whoever his foe might be.

((OOC: sprint up until he breaches the cloud level))
  #46  
Unread 5th of February, 2004, 07:38
GusPorterhouse's Avatar
GusPorterhouse
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Member: #561
Location: Mos Acworth
Posts: 417 (0.08 per day)
Osprey

To Seer: "You want to try it inside?"
  #47  
Unread 5th of February, 2004, 08:04
Kaos's Avatar
Kaos
Ghast

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Member: #541
Posts: 310 (0.06 per day)
Ryan doesn't notice the women enter the room or the conversation between the two people, lost in his own memories of the past, reliving the moment that changed his life. Hoping that this time the event will somehow change and she will be spared.

"Bolt; can you tell me a little about yourself? In particular, how you came to enter this... line of work? What motivates you to fight the good fight?." Her dark eyes give Ryan Sanders her undivided attention.

A voice interupts his thoughts, slightly annoyed he looks to see who is speaking to him and sees a pair of dark eyes staring at him, confusion crosses his face for a moment That can't be her... can it? He thinks as he starts to reach out to her, "Elizabeth? Is it really you?"

Ryan stops and looks closer at the face, he realises that it's not her, but a reporter by the looks of it. "Sorry, mistook you for someone else. Why do I do this?" He repeats her question with a shrug of his shoulders. "Someone has to stop the pain don't they? If not me then who?" he tells her as he sits up straighter, "not everyone can defend themselves. It's times like those that people like us are needed most."
  #48  
Unread 5th of February, 2004, 23:12
Chronaltap's Avatar
Chronaltap
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Member: #525
Location: Somwhere outside the Web of Time.
Posts: 211 (0.04 per day)
The Mechanic

As the young womans attention focuses on Ryan, Robert pulls out his padd and begins making some adjustments to its running programming. With subtle taps and keystrokes, he activates some of his remote access programming and taps into the auidocorders digital memory... downloading all available recordings still in it's buffers.

He then begins running a search on both her name and newsagency... checking references and looking for past stories.
He walks over to the side table, refilling his mug with water and getting coffee for both Ryan
and Ms. Ling, as he slips his padd back into his pocket.
  #49  
Unread 6th of February, 2004, 05:14
Dirigible's Avatar
Dirigible
Nightcrawler [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Member: #449
Location: Auckland, NZ
Posts: 1,813 (0.33 per day)
Bolt & the Mechanic
"Elizabeth? Is it really you?"
Ling looks startled and a touch when you call her a dead woman's name, but recovers her cool momentarily, and resumes her charming smile. She looks at both of you.

"And how do you respond to the claim that the Centinels are highly unrepresentitive of New York's cultural, ethnic and even gender diversity? Is this an unofficial policy of the Foundation, or a reflection of the Centurion's well known racism, or a matter of your own bigotry?" Her eyes flash; a wolfhound with her prey in sight.

Wreck

As you climb, you can feel the clot in your nose break from the plummeting air pressure, and a fresh wave of blood oozes over your jaw.

The clouds erupt under you in a plume as you punch through them, the air cold and crisp here... most of the pollutants trapped beneath the clouds. It's quiet and empty up here; in the distance, you can see a jumbo jet descending towards JFK airport.
  #50  
Unread 6th of February, 2004, 07:29
Chronaltap's Avatar
Chronaltap
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Member: #525
Location: Somwhere outside the Web of Time.
Posts: 211 (0.04 per day)
The Mechanic

Say what? thinks Robert as he moves back to the conference table and sets down the coffee in front of everyone...
"Someone's really saying that about this group?" he asks, a great deal of surprise in his voice.

Well that's a flawed premise if I ever hear one... why would anyone think we were supposed to be any kind of representatives of New York?
As he sit's back down taking a drink from his mug of water, Roberts hand pulls out a cellphone from one of his many pockets... keeping it under the table.
Keying it to silent mode... he pushes the quick commands to dial Ms. Stone's office, while patching the audio feed to his earcomm.
When she picks up....

"So Ms. Ling... I'm confused about this interview.... who did you say that you set this up with, cause your itinerary with the Times didn't mention it. And if you had questions about the Foundation, why aren't you asking its representatives and not it's employees?"

I'm sure that they don't want any kind of PR debacle... this should get Ms. Stone's attention...
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 11:07.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren