Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Darken's Games > Rivalry

 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 17th of October, 2005, 12:57
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
Zeek's Chapter

Ninthday, Thirdweek Tarsakh, DR 1377, Year of the Haunting.

Overlooking the city of Essembra high in the air, you have finally arrived at your destination. Not far from here beyond the morning mists is Myth Drannor, the ancient ruin that Faerunians believe to be housing a powerful artifact called the Mythal. You ponder your next move in this foreign land as you fail to stroke your chin - you and your companion are still in the mysterious vapor forms.
  #2  
Unread 18th of October, 2005, 14:50
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
Zeek and Number 3 Tiger descend and fly through the streets of the town at low altitude- just above rooftop level. Zeek is wearing white robes and Number 3 Tiger is a white Siberian tiger, so they should not attract much attention.

Zeek observes the behavior of the residents. He looks to see if there are any armies in town, if the streets are deserted, any signs of recent violence, any giant monsters rampaging, or anything else that is worthy of note.

He also looks for any druidic sites, or druidic symbols. He is eager to find local druids.
  #3  
Unread 18th of October, 2005, 22:06
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
The streets seem to exhibit normal activities, with varies beings go about in their own daily businesses. There are a few guards scattered about the city, but they are the closest thing you can see that remotely resemble an army. You do not detect any Druids or signs of Druids.
  #4  
Unread 18th of October, 2005, 23:49
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
Zeek is disappointed that he cannot find any local druids. He wonders if the druidic way is even practiced in this faraway corner of the world.

Satisfied that this community appears relatively safe, he descends to street level and materializes in solid form, while Number 3 Tiger remains in cloud form circling overhead.

Zeek walks through the town, maintaining a humble demeanor and avoiding confrontation. He discreetly observes the people of the community- their manner of dress, forms of greeting, diet, class differences, and other cultural distinctions. He observes their features keenly, so that he can more easily impersonate a local person with his druidic powers.

He continues to search for an sign of local druids. If he cannot find any by sunset, he resumes cloud form and leaves to find a campsite out of town.
  #5  
Unread 19th of October, 2005, 07:53
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
Faerunian's looks and customs seem rather foreign, and to some degree even bizzare, to you, but you are still able to pick up enough to ensure your ability to alter physical forms function properly.

Unfortunately, you still fail to locate any Druids. It would appear that they do not dwell in cities.
  #6  
Unread 21st of October, 2005, 23:59
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
As the sun goes down Zeek resumes cloud form and searches for a good campsite in the wilderness. Once he finds a likely spot, he circles around it in cloud form to ensure there are no nasty surprises. After he confirms it is safe, he casts "tree form" and resumes physical form as a tree.

Number 3 Tiger is free to hunt for his dinner before returning to sleep in the lower branches of Zeek.
  #7  
Unread 22nd of October, 2005, 10:14
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
Tenthday, Thirdweek Tarsakh, DR 1377, Year of the Haunting.

You easily secure a location to spend the night in the forest, and the night passed uneventfully. Morning comes as you feel your tiger nudge you awake. Other than a couple of squirrels finding home in your branches, nothing seems to be out of ordinary here.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #8  
Unread 22nd of October, 2005, 10:36
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
Zeek hopes that the squirrels make a fine breakfast snack for Number 3 Tiger, and maintains his treeshape while he memorizes his spells for the day.

He chooses to exercise some different powers this day, as his intent is now more investigative. He replaces some spells in order to memorize "commune with nature," "speak with plants" and "stone tell."

Code:
ZEEK!'s new spell list:
Lvl00 DC17 6/day create water, cure minor wound, detect magic,
                 mending, purify food and drink, read magic
Lvl01 DC18 7/day faierie fire, charm animal, cure light wounds,
                 goodberry, hide from animals, longstrider, 
                 speak w/animals x2
Lvl02 DC19 7/day brambles (Complete Divine p156), briar web
                 (Complete Divine p156-7), chill metal, 
                 lesser restoration, tree shape, nature's favor x2
                 (Complete Adventurer p153- +1 attack and damage/
                 3lvls for 1 min)
Lvl03 DC20 6/day call lightning x2, dominate animal, magic fang
                 greater, poison, speak with plants. not memorized:
                 infestation of maggots (Complete Divine p166)
Lvl04 DC21 5/day commune w/ nature, dispel magic, flame strike,
                 languor (Complete Divine p167), Freeze armor 
                 (Frostburn p94). Not memorized: Cure Crit.
Lvl05 DC22 4/day baleful polymorph, call lightning storm, cure 
                 critical wounds, revujination cocoon (Complete
                 Divine p177)
Lvl06 DC23 3/day dispel magic greater, miasma (Complete Divine 
                 p168), stone tell. Not memorized :cometfall
                 (Complete Divine p159)
Lvl07 DC24 2/day true seeing, wind walk, heal (in spellstaff)
Once he has finished his preparations, he ends the treeshape spell from the previous evening and resumes human form. He casts "wind walk," sharing the spell with Number 3 Tiger, and they take to the skies again. He flies at an altitude of 600 feet, and searches for standing stones, crop circles, or other signs of a druidic shrine.
  #9  
Unread 24th of October, 2005, 09:58
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
You carefully survey the surrounding forests, in hope of finding some local Druids. After about half an hour, to the east, you detect signs of a group of standing stones deep inside the forest. While you do not see any creatures at your altitude, this is probably the best your vision can offer at this point.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #10  
Unread 25th of October, 2005, 00:02
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
Zeek and Number 3 Tiger descend to ground level and approach the standing stones. They stop 20 ft away from the standing stones. They listen and look around for any sign of habitation.
  #11  
Unread 25th of October, 2005, 12:03
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
You notice two Gnomes casually walk among the forest, quietly conversing with each other. One of them notes you presence, and nods to you politely. The other waves to you and calls out in a reasonable voice in Common, "Greetings, friend. What brings you here?"
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #12  
Unread 25th of October, 2005, 15:43
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
Zeek is not familiar with the common tongue of Western Faerun, so he does not understand their words, but their gestures seem friendly. He shifts from cloud form into physical form, and replies in the tongue of druids. "I am a traveller from far away, and I seek fellow servants of nature."
  #13  
Unread 26th of October, 2005, 01:30
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
They seem fairly surprised at your tongue, but likewise reply to you in Druidic. "Ah, fellow worshipper of nature of the distant lands. How may we help you here?"
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #14  
Unread 26th of October, 2005, 03:16
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
Zeek bows deeply.

"My name is Zeek, and I have travelled from Shou Lung. The nature spirits of that land are disturbed by a disruption of the natural energy flowing from this area. They believe that the artifacts known as the mythals are to blame."

"The most powerful Mythal supposedly lies in a location called 'Myth Drannor' near here. I would be most grateful if you could enlighten me with your knowledge about the mythals, and about Myth Drannor."
  #15  
Unread 26th of October, 2005, 09:46
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
The Gnomes give you a troubled look, and one that speaks earlier replies, "That is perhaps not a good idea. I am not sure if you know, but nearly all powerful beings in Faerun are now concerned about the Artifacts. It does not matter what you intend to do with the Artifacts, if you wish to interact with it directly, you will have to find it first; and if you do, countless others will, for obvious reasons, instantly gain access to it one way or the other. Thus I am not sure if you've heard, but the Alliance, or anyone who wishes against mortal gaining access to the Artifacts, simply prevent people from searching rather than seek it out to destroy it."
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #16  
Unread 26th of October, 2005, 12:33
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
"Ah. I see." Zeek nods and smiles. "What idea do you think is not good? I am just gathering information. What sort of place is this Myth Drannor? A fortress? Who is the master of it?"
  #17  
Unread 26th of October, 2005, 12:41
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
"I was referring to your idea of dealing with the Mythals, inferred from your words previously. As for Myth Drannor, it belongs to no one at the moment, technically." The gnome shrugs, "The location use to be an ancient and powerful city of magic, but now it houses only danger and ruins. Sometimes adventurers go in hope for wealth, but all they will find is death."
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #18  
Unread 28th of October, 2005, 07:34
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
"This alliance sounds like a very honorable group. Are you among their number? Tell me more about them."
  #19  
Unread 28th of October, 2005, 12:24
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
"We are not part of the Alliance." The Gnomes shake their heads. "While their goals are noble, we do not see a reason for us to get involved. What I can tell you is that they are formed by several political and religious powers, mainly of western Faerun, that seeks to prevent beings from acquiring or searching for these powerful artifacts."
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #20  
Unread 28th of October, 2005, 14:09
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
"I would like to meet some of the members of this alliance face to face, so that I can speak on behalf of their merit when I return to explain the situation to the nature spirits. Can you direct me to the nearest outpost? I would also be very grateful if you could translate for me, since I do not speak the local language."
  #21  
Unread 31st of October, 2005, 03:40
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
"Hmm... generally we do not associate with them, but I persume I can spare half a day to aid a distant friend." The Gnome nods, "I know not of any outpost in the area, but I hear their primary force is at the western side of Myth Drannor, while most of their leaders are in their own cities."
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #22  
Unread 2nd of November, 2005, 03:51
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
"I humbly thank you. Lead the way."
  #23  
Unread 2nd of November, 2005, 14:37
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
The two Gnomes talk briefly regarding the arrangements, and they part ways. The one who spoke to you lead you to the northwest in the forest, while the other return to their circle to rely their activities.

"My name is Eelic, what's yours?"

After a brief exchange of introduction, you set forth for Myth Drannor. While the forest may be difficult to travel and navigate, the two of you have no problem maintaining a reasonable speed. It's a long walk, and before suppertime, you can vaguely make out some sort of artificial structures among the woods. Approaching the area soon prompts questioning of some guards, and Eelic informs them of your request. Shortly after, a knight in purple cloak appears and sizes you up and down; Eelic acts as the translator for the two of you as you speak.

"Greetings, traveler. I am the commander of the Cormyrian army here; how can I help you?"
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #24  
Unread 3rd of November, 2005, 06:30
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
Zeek bows. Speaking through Eelic, he replies "I am Zeek. I have travelled from distant Shou Lung to learn about the conflict over these artifacts known as Mythal. I seek assurance that harmony will be restored to the natural order. How can you prevent evil forces with powerful magic from gaining the Mythal?"

If it has been less than 15 hours since breakfast, then Number 3 tiger lurks nearby in cloud form, to avoid alarming the locals. After 15 hours (approximately 11pm) the wind walk spell will expire.
  #25  
Unread 3rd of November, 2005, 14:50
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
"Sir Clenet Azurewind, at your service. Rest assured, we are already doing what we can right now to prevent the evil forces from laying their hands on Mythal." The man replies. "I am not familiar with the natural order you speak of, so I cannot help you with that."
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 02:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren