Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Wired*Nun's Games > ...It Brings On Many Changes

Unread 14th of February, 2009, 04:30
Wired*Nun
Author of Sci-Fi Thrillers [Epic GM]

Member: #830
Metagame Discussion

Use this thread to discuss, without IC restrictions, aspects of the game, the situation, the clues or circumstances, brainstorm possible solutions, etc. Unless I specifically told someone something it's a secret from other players, it's fair game.

For example:

I noticed that the GM said that Brujah Bruce stumbled going up the stairway to the roof, and had to tie his shoe later. My PC wasn't there, but I remember wondering whether there might be a mage nearby that cause that delay - maybe just long enough for something to get away? I mean, do you really think Bruce is going to stumble in that situation? Anybody notice any other evidence of mage-type opposition?

or

Every time my PC tries to feed off of Ginny the Bag Lady, he gets a stomach ache. Anybody know anything in the rules or story that would explain that?

Stuff like that.
Unread 17th of February, 2009, 13:59
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

Member: #787
ok guys so it looks like we can start planing or just talking on this thread, first i wanted to list the 2 groups at least to find if i have the information correct

sanctioned group
Tatanya- ventrue
Patric- ventrue
Christiaan- ventrue
Rurik-ventrue
Aray- assamite

unofficial group
Dean Noir- Tremere
Annastasia- Toreador
Michael- independant mage

did i miss anybody?
by the way i think Vitel is so cool

Last edited by Belkregos; 18th of February, 2009 at 06:01.
Unread 17th of February, 2009, 14:31
Bad Luck Charm
Effigy [GM]

Member: #3028
Camarilla nicknamed them the "Inauguration Murders" (what's the signifigance behind this? none of them happened on Inauguration Day)
-5 Kindred murdered within minutes of each other

Major Kindred
-----------------------------
Prince Marcus Vitel (Ventrue), Prince of Washington, DC

Peter Dorfman, Pontifex (Tremere Primogen)
-suspects the murders were an experiment

Chas Voyager (Toreador Primogen)

Bjorn Garinson (Brujah Primogen)

Levin (Malkavian Primogen)

Menicus (Justicar)

Victims
-----------------------------

Jean-Claude Reynaude
-(Clan?) Toreador
-156 years old (no, 156 years as the Prince)
-Former Prince of Paris
-Cast out of power due to possible dementia/psychosis (result of some bizarre wedding of two kindred who were both apparently murdered)
-Resided in upper east side of DC in exile, rarely seen outside his mansion
-Murdered by being knocked out of the 6th floor of a building with a streetwalker
-Streetwalker "Shiela" (mortal) (Shawna Marie Benson), died of a heart attack (was she a ghoul perhaps? was the heart attack caused by a health problem or from emotional distress?)
-Cause of death for Jean-Claude unknown, very little remained, but his teeth were found in Shawna's throat
-(What was he doing outside his haven with this woman?)
-(Did the witnesses/doctor on scene find/notice anything unusual?)
-(Is there any signifigance to this building he was launched out of? What kind of building was it? Where was it? Any security cameras? etc)
-Time of Incident: Approx 9pm

Last edited by Wired*Nun; 20th of January, 2010 at 05:54.
Unread 17th of February, 2009, 14:45
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

Marcus Vitel Prince of DC
Unread 18th of February, 2009, 01:21
Vortigern
Bodak [GM]

Member: #7429
I believe you missed me, but I've been waiting on a response concerning my stats/sheet in my character thread before I continued... so perhaps you forgot about me being busy with others who were more busily posting. ;P

"Adventure is something bad, happening to someone else, far far away."
Unread 18th of February, 2009, 01:28
ikay
Bodak

Member: #2720
Originally Posted by Belkregos # by the way i think Vitel is so cool
I'm sure he'll be thrilled to hear you say so
Unread 18th of February, 2009, 05:56
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

Originally Posted by Vortigern # I believe you missed me, but I've been waiting on a response concerning my stats/sheet in my character thread before I continued... so perhaps you forgot about me being busy with others who were more busily posting. ;P
sorry about that, i did not see any info on your character on the general info but i guess you just posted it,
so a ventrue,
cool man, we'll see how the group splits up, i guess the clan ventrue must be very strong in DC and maybe Vitel called in some help from outside the city

i edited the list with the information we have, i guess when
maybe we can start another thread with the known important NPC's

Last edited by Belkregos; 18th of February, 2009 at 06:02.
Unread 18th of February, 2009, 06:19
Vortigern
Bodak [GM]

Originally Posted by Belkregos # sorry about that, i did not see any info on your character on the general info but i guess you just posted it,
so a ventrue,
cool man, we'll see how the group splits up, i guess the clan ventrue must be very strong in DC and maybe Vitel called in some help from outside the city

i edited the list with the information we have, i guess when
maybe we can start another thread with the known important NPC's
No issues!

Indeed, I just posted in that thread after seeing the list... guessing that was where the data was sourced from.

I'm assuming that I'm an outside help called in type person, at this point.

Unread 18th of February, 2009, 06:50
Vortigern
Bodak [GM]

Oh, and I believe Aray is going to be in the second group, but I may be mistaken.

Unread 18th of February, 2009, 07:12
Bad Luck Charm
Effigy [GM]

Bah I forgot the name, only read the background thread twice and didn't put much thought into the names yet. I was worried for a minute that Vitel was some other clan or something that existed in 1st edition and wasn't carried over to the books I have lol.
Unread 18th of February, 2009, 08:34
Wired*Nun

The Assamite will be with the misfits, since we picked up one more Ventrue. This might be viewed as a slight against the Assamites, or might simply be a practical decision to put the ones who are less constrained by Ventrue perspectives in one place...or something else entirely.

The Ventrue are going to be gathered together and given an assignment, more or less. While not all the Ventrue and not all the misfits are even necessarily residents of DC, this is how it will shake out. I will slap a veneer of RP on it but as I mentioned before, the goal is to get the thing launched, not meticulously RP beackstory. There will be a bit more manipulation to get the misfits together, which I do expect to RP through, but that's OK...

Let me know if you want to open other threads e.g., the NPC information thread that was mentioned above. Right now I believe only me and the poster can edit their own posts, so each person would have to take responsibility for editing and updating the information on a particular NPC as I envision it or it would get very chaotic. Each post would therefore represent a file on one NPC...let me know what you would like me to do.

I'm going to stay later at work tonight and try to get things up and running, as I mentioned in the OOC.
Unread 18th of February, 2009, 20:08
Vortigern
Bodak [GM]

Five Kine, Five Kindred

All quite specifically it seems killed at 2100.

Is there a significance to the numbers involved?

Two fives ( and perhaps a two? ), a ten, and a nine.

5, 5, 10, 9 ( 2? )

Any conjecture as to a sequence or association in the future as we learn more is welcome ( and probably get more numbers ), should it become relevant.

Unread 18th of February, 2009, 20:44
Vortigern
Bodak [GM]

I'm brainstorming courses of action. Feel free to suggest more or to riducule ( in a good natured way ) that which you think I've overlooked or done in short sightedness or the like.

Those in the ventrue can consider this an OOC overview of Rurik's IC suggested COAs/procedure for how to handle this so far.

General
-Inspect all remains.
-Inspect all Havens & residences of the victims.
-Inspect the scene of each incident.
-Inquire with/Search for known associations of both the kindred & kine.
-Acquire any relevant surviellance tapes of all relevant sites.
-Acquire the ownership/construction records for all relevant sites.

File 1
-Interview the doctor.

File 2
-Inquire at/Inspect the Nightclub
-What sort of underworld ties?
-How heavily associated with the Toreador?
-Interview some people in Swann's past audiences. Any history of feathers in his costumes or is this something strange? ( I know his name is Swann. I'm not making an assumption on purpose. )

File 3
-How connected with Irish?
-Purpose in the pub at that time?

File 4
-Interview Dean Noir.

File 5

Conjectures
-These incidents were highly planned and efficiently organised. Deliberation and skill are clearly on display, perhaps as an act of intimidation.
-There is a message. Perhaps in the numbers, perhaps in the associations of the individuals, perhaps only visible to Vitel for that matter at current. We should make all efforts to understand what the message is and it's intent.
-The are five or more of the enemy. The timing data available appears to indicate that the incidents were all simultaneous, so there are at least five actors. This also appears to be something that is deliberately revealed, perhaps as an act of intimidation, perhaps as part of a larger message or sequence. ( another five? )
-The Actors/Agents are displaying a high degree of power and skill in the incidents. Elders at work, or something more physically powerful that a vampire in some incidents. I'm personally inclined to think a elder vampire coterie, but that is conjecture.

EDIT: Added two good ideas from Belkregos post.

Last edited by Vortigern; 19th of February, 2009 at 15:08.
Unread 19th of February, 2009, 04:23
Wired*Nun

His, hers, theirs, ours, its. No apostrophe for posessive pronouns. Pet peeve.

All of the above is a great start, this is what's going to be needed to solve the case.

Some of it is right, some is wrong...but you knew that.

Darq will tell you my mysteries tend to run deep and obscure...at least from the front side. From the back side, they were obvious all along.

Ha.
Unread 19th of February, 2009, 11:52
Benicus
Brain in a Jar [Epic GM]

Member: #1716
Maybe Benny will take file numero dos? I'll post more if I think of anything, kinda braindead at work.
Unread 20th of February, 2009, 01:16
Wired*Nun

The files that Rurik has will be shared at the Ventrue meeting in the elysium, with no particular attempt at secrecy. From there, the information will percolate out in the form of reports and words-of-mouth, so within a couple of days of the meeting we can assume that the gist of the meeting will be common knowledge.
Unread 20th of February, 2009, 01:28
Wired*Nun

I do not intend to provide meticulous detail such as maps, court records, and other forensics. That's beyond my capacity and this isn't an episode of CSI. The solution will be arrived at in a more traditional manner, that of the classic detective such as Holmes or Poirot - by identifying anomalies, following leads, etc. I will endeavor to provide as much significant detail as possible while glossing over the insignificant.
Unread 20th of February, 2009, 03:47
Bad Luck Charm
Effigy [GM]

I posted some thoughts/information that I pulled out of what we have so far. Questions I have are highlighted, and I'll be editing that one post later on when I have more time to go over the other files.
Unread 20th of February, 2009, 05:27
ikay
Bodak

Wait, the murders did happen on Inauguration day, didn't they? Or am I mis-reading something?

And Reynaude was Toreador, right?
Unread 20th of February, 2009, 07:47
Bad Luck Charm
Effigy [GM]

Last line of the third paragraph:

To have none at all on Inauguration Day was just...preposterous.
I took that was they didn't occur on it, did I read it wrong?
Unread 20th of February, 2009, 07:54
ikay
Bodak

Haha, I took it to mean they did. After all, it says DC’s the murder capital, a couple of murders more don’t make that much of a splash. Even if they did happen on inauguration day. I thought it meant that it would be weird if there were no murders on that day.

I don’t know, maybe it’s a language thing and I’ve got it wrong. Dave?
Unread 20th of February, 2009, 08:16
Wired*Nun

The in-game murders did take place on Inauguration day 20 Jan 2009.

This is something of a joke as the real-life news media here made much of the fact that there were no murders nor even any inauguration-related arrests on that day in DC...

Last edited by Wired*Nun; 25th of February, 2009 at 02:23.
Unread 24th of February, 2009, 14:14
Benicus
Brain in a Jar [Epic GM]

I have a one thing to add for File 5 (which is the playground one, right?):
-Interview Children who discovered the scene

The killer is obviously making something significant about the position of the bodies, maybe there's something significant about the kindred's clan that were killed? Was there one of each clan killed? If thats the case anybody got any ideas on the significance of the mortals?
Unread 4th of March, 2009, 04:22
ikay
Bodak

Originally Posted by Vortigern # Conjectures
-These incidents were highly planned and efficiently organised. Deliberation and skill are clearly on display, perhaps as an act of intimidation.
-There is a message. Perhaps in the numbers, perhaps in the associations of the individuals, perhaps only visible to Vitel for that matter at current. We should make all efforts to understand what the message is and it's intent.
-The are five or more of the enemy. The timing data available appears to indicate that the incidents were all simultaneous, so there are at least five actors. This also appears to be something that is deliberately revealed, perhaps as an act of intimidation, perhaps as part of a larger message or sequence. ( another five? )
-The Actors/Agents are displaying a high degree of power and skill in the incidents. Elders at work, or something more physically powerful that a vampire in some incidents. I'm personally inclined to think a elder vampire coterie, but that is conjecture.

Some additions;
- We should get an exact time-line. Did the murders take place at the exact same time, or didnt they? The distinction matters, because it can be a hint to how many killers there are.
- Assuming there is no connection between the murdered vampires and/or humans, there must be another reason for some of the more obvious points:
o Why five?
o Why kill them in such, I dont know the word, attention-drawing ways?
o Why kill them each in such a different way?
o Is there a way to get power from this? In other words, is this ritualistic? Was there blood consumed? Etc. Can we find information on murders committed in a similar way?

The easiest answer seems to be that this was just done as an embarrassment to the Camarilla, or even Vitel in person, but that seems a bit too easy. So Im willing to bet that even if this may be part of it, it wont be the whole story.

So, apart from all the things already mentioned here, Im opting for some historical research, and maybe a visit to the Tremere chantry, to get some info on ritualistic vampire-killing.
Unread 4th of March, 2009, 09:04
Benicus
Brain in a Jar [Epic GM]

Might even want to check in on the Sabbat (assuming they don't want to kill us, naive I know). Fleshcrafters and all.