Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Chris Chandler's Games > The Production

Reply
Thread Tools
  #2501  
Unread 26th of October, 2009, 14:11
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.89 per day)
Erin, "Umm, not really. I got a flash of something, but it was, I don't know, blurred."

Vash picks up Knives and the woman does not hesitate. "Kill them!" Without even a pause the veteran guard draws his sword, and steps in behind Vash. The olabs grip tightens on his club, and he brings it up. The third guard draws his weapon as well.

Von Anthony tries the door, but it is still locked.

Lin and Reese continue to wait in the outer room.
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.
Reply With Quote
  #2502  
Unread 27th of October, 2009, 03:02
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.89 per day)
((This is a clarification post, so evryone knows where they are and what's happening.

Lin and Reese, are still in the outer(fountain room), as the 5 miute cool down Lin wanted is still in effect. About 3-4 miuntes have passed at this time.

Von and Anthony are in the sitting room of the woman.

Vash, and Erin were in the hallway where they were sent to wait. Vash and 2 guards(veteran and average guard) were on the left of the door, while Erin and 2 guards(Knives and olab) were on the right of the door.

The woman opened the door to the bedroom, and watched Vash punch Knives, who had moved in front of Erin. Vash then punched Knives out and picked him up, and turns to go through the door. The order to kill Vash and Erin was given.

At this point Vash is standing with Knives on his shoulder, the average guard on his right, the veteran guard has stepped behind Vash, the olab is by Erin on Vash's left, and the woman stands in the doorway in front of Vash, blocking entrance into the bedroom.

Vash and Erin have time for one action before anyone acts...))
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.
Reply With Quote
  #2503  
Unread 27th of October, 2009, 04:29
Vash The Stampide's Avatar
Vash The Stampide
Crimson Death

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2786
Posts: 1,229 (0.30 per day)
Vash-

"Sorry Knives." Ill toss Knives behind me at Veteran guard and try and move behind him. Trying to knock him down.
__________________
Alone the two sides fight, but united they conquer
Reply With Quote
  #2504  
Unread 27th of October, 2009, 06:07
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.06 per day)
Well, I wasn't prepared for that, either. Is Vash being controlled too? "Wait, stop, he's just confused! Don't kill him!"

In absolute panic, I pull out my Stick and think, Well, whether you saw it or not, I gotta work some kind of magic to save our skin right now.

And I try and knock Vash out in the hopes that that he'll only be unconscious, not dead.

Last edited by LadyGlutter; 27th of October, 2009 at 06:13. Reason: color and italics
Reply With Quote
  #2505  
Unread 27th of October, 2009, 09:50
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.89 per day)
Since there are no attack rolls, or rolls in general, I'll fill those in tonight and see what happens.

((GM's hold post))
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.
Reply With Quote
  #2506  
Unread 27th of October, 2009, 10:56
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.46 per day)
T-minus 1 minute before a leisurely stroll into mayhem.
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Reply With Quote
  #2507  
Unread 27th of October, 2009, 14:23
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.89 per day)
My apologies, my attention was required elsewhere. I will make the combat post at morning break.
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.
Reply With Quote
  #2508  
Unread 28th of October, 2009, 03:50
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.89 per day)
Vash you attempt to 'toss' Knives toward the guard behind you. With a great heave you toss your friend off your shoulder, as you spin, you see the guard easily push Knives to the side, and Knives lands in a crumpled pile. You start to make a move around the guard to leg sweep him, as you hear Erin yell something, hopefully a warcry because you are going to need help, but your mind races as you plot out your manuver, so you're not sure.

Erin you swing your staff.

Vash suddenly your head feels like it explodes. Perhaps if your body were not already riddled with injury you would better resist, but you start to fall forward, and darkness overtakes you.

Erin as Vash spins, his back opens to you, and the back of his head becomes an easy target. You swing, smashing Vash in the back of the head as hard as possible, hoping to ensure a quick end to this. Vash suddenly lurches forward, and down as your staff cracks his skull. The veteran guards sword slices through the air where Vash's neck should have been, but now is only empty air, still it's only fractions of an inch over Vash's back. The guard actually looks confused for a second until his eyes meet yours, then his determination returns.

He quickly turns the missed blow into an overhead downward stroke. The glint of steel reflects in your eye as you watch, trying to bring up your staff for a parry. You know you're not going to make it, the sword is going to cleave you in half.

Suddenly it stops, and now your parry swings through the open air, throwing you slightly off balance, but you spin quickly to see the woman's hand on his hands over the hilt. Your mind is whirling as you try to calculate the scene. The blood lust quickly fades from the guards eyes as he looks at the woman who is chuckling.

She turns to you...
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.
Reply With Quote
  #2509  
Unread 28th of October, 2009, 05:05
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.06 per day)
I bend down and check out Vash and see how badly he's hurt.
Reply With Quote
  #2510  
Unread 28th of October, 2009, 06:30
Vash The Stampide's Avatar
Vash The Stampide
Crimson Death

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2786
Posts: 1,229 (0.30 per day)
Vash-

X.X
__________________
Alone the two sides fight, but united they conquer
Reply With Quote
  #2511  
Unread 28th of October, 2009, 06:44
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.89 per day)
Erin, Vash still has a faint pulse, and shallow breaths. The woman looks down at you, "I was beginning to wonder if you were a true Pan Tangian or not. Although I would have expected to see his head across the floor. Ah well, maybe next time." She lets the sword go, and motions with her head for the guard to step back.

"Either way the deal is no longer valid....unless, you have something you'd like to offer?"


((Vash I need a roll please.))
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.

Last edited by LightBringer; 6th of November, 2009 at 09:37.
Reply With Quote
  #2512  
Unread 28th of October, 2009, 07:20
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.06 per day)
I do what I can to help Vash out, but I doubt that is much, seeing I conked his head in. I look up at her for a moment, considering her words. "Based on what has happened so far, I feel certain Reese would honor a similar deal to Lin's. He didn't have the confusion of seeing two of me to complicate matters the way Lin did. He was just too dumb to move first. But, I know not what I possess that you would value."
Reply With Quote
  #2513  
Unread 28th of October, 2009, 08:07
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.89 per day)
She smiles, "I'm sure you possess much more skill in the bedroom than the Pikaraydian, but that mood has passed. It was quite interesting though that two of your comrades had the same vision." She looks you over inspecting you.

"You are correct, in the fact that you possess little that I would desire. Interesting for a Melnibonean. You are certainly a complex group. There is something that I do desire that is beyond my means of retrieval at the moment. Would you care to get it for me?"

Her eyes go from your eyes to the olabs. You follow her eyes to the form of Knives, and then back to yours. The olab bends down over Knives, and begins to pour something down his throat.
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.
Reply With Quote
  #2514  
Unread 28th of October, 2009, 08:42
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.06 per day)
"Perhaps. I am glad there is hope an arrangement might be made. I should like it if so." I look down at Vash.
Reply With Quote
  #2515  
Unread 28th of October, 2009, 09:45
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.89 per day)
The woman looks down at Vash, then back to you. "Would you care to get it for me?"

Knives begins to stir as the olab stands and returns to his position behind your right shoulder.
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.
Reply With Quote
  #2516  
Unread 28th of October, 2009, 10:19
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.46 per day)
((Almost time, not that I'll be much help at this point...))
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Reply With Quote
  #2517  
Unread 28th of October, 2009, 12:18
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.06 per day)
Well, I'm not thrilled, but I've done all I could think of to fix the mess. I'm sure not going back to Vash's village with neither of them in tow. "For Knives' freedom."
Reply With Quote
  #2518  
Unread 28th of October, 2009, 12:42
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.89 per day)
Lin you and Reese walk back into the room with Von and Anthony. Von is waiting at the table, and Anthony is standing on the other side of the table staring at the door Lin went through earlier.

The woman gives you a half smile, "Is that a question or a statement?" She pause barely a moment, "I'll take it as a statement, and since that is what we have been bargaining from the beginning, yes, for Knives' freedom."

Vash gags and blood spews from his mouth, "In fact I'll grant you the added bonus of saving his life, again." She nods to the olab who bends over Vash and begins to pour what appears to be the same type fluid as he poured into Knives into Vash's mouth.

Knives, in fact, sits up, shakes his head, and rubs his jaw.
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.
Reply With Quote
  #2519  
Unread 28th of October, 2009, 13:38
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.06 per day)
"You're right, it was a statement. I just like to be clear." I smile. "And I don't know what you mean by 'again', but I thank you for the added kindness. I await your instruction."

Last edited by LadyGlutter; 28th of October, 2009 at 13:44.
Reply With Quote
  #2520  
Unread 29th of October, 2009, 02:15
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.89 per day)
"I suppose if you factor in a continuation effect you've only saved him once, but I'll leave that to you." After a moments pause, "Just east of Melnibone, and west of the Sorcerers Isle, is a small island called Valyk's Isle. There are many ruins around the island, but you'll need to find a way into the maze below the surface. If you manage to make it through the maze you will find a perfect 1000 carat ruby. I want that crystal."

Knives stands up, looks down at Vash, as the olab feeds him more liquid, than to you and the woman.

"All you have to do is retrieve the crystal, and return it to me, and Knives' will have his freedom." Knives says nothing, but gives the woman a small 'look', to which she responds, "Yes Knives, the rest of our agreement will hold true." A deep breathe escapes him, as you swear you see the faintest of nods.

She returns her attention to you Erin.
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.
Reply With Quote
  #2521  
Unread 29th of October, 2009, 03:33
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.06 per day)
I nod. "Good. I'd best get to it." I stand up, and begin to walk into her bedroom. Suddenly I pause, thinking for a moment, "You know, if you have any further advice as to what I will encounter or anything else to ensure my success, I would appreciate it. Otherwise, I'm off." I'll continue leaving if she indicates no.
Reply With Quote
  #2522  
Unread 29th of October, 2009, 04:35
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.89 per day)
She laughs, "Well to start with if I were you I'd find a sorcerer to enhance that armor and weapon. The ruins are rumored to be filled with traps, and demons. I doubt that you'd last half an hour with what you have, but that's just my opinion." She pauses for a moment, then as she walks into the room, "Out of curiousity, what is your stake in this? Surely there has to be more than I'm seeing." The older guard and Knives follow her into the room with you.
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.
Reply With Quote
  #2523  
Unread 29th of October, 2009, 06:14
Vash The Stampide's Avatar
Vash The Stampide
Crimson Death

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2786
Posts: 1,229 (0.30 per day)
Vash-

((Srry off on the post there))

Rolls- 49, 45, 35, 50, 29, 39
__________________
Alone the two sides fight, but united they conquer
Reply With Quote
  #2524  
Unread 29th of October, 2009, 07:53
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.06 per day)
I'm taken aback by that question. "My stake is... you know, I'm not completely sure sure! I'm still trying to figure that out myself. But I've agreed to see it through to a certain point, so I will."

I pause for a moment. Wow, that was the best I could come up with. I said I would, so I am. That's interesting.

"And anyway, there's often more than we see. I'm sure you'd know that more than most."
Reply With Quote
  #2525  
Unread 29th of October, 2009, 08:16
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.89 per day)
((No prob Vash, I just killed you and then brought you back. You lucky dog! )

She raises an eyebrow at your first statement, then genuinely laughs at your following statement. "I'll tell you what, since you don't know your stake in this, and therefore it is hard for me to know where I stand, I'm going to send someone whose stake I'm sure of." She looks at Knives, "Knives, you are going to represent me in this endeavor. You are released from your vow of silence, and here are our new terms."

Knives looks shocked as she continues, "Your friends will continue to be cared for as well as they have been. No torture, good food, and release upon conditions met. Conditions are, you will go with Erin, retrieve the gem I want, ensure no one, including yourself, does anything but carry it back here, and you will then hand it over to me. You have 30 days from today to deliver. Once you have met all the conditions your friends are free. If you fail on any condition your friends die..horribly. Do we have an agreement?"

Knives still looks shocked as he tries to absorb all that just happened, and was said. Finally he stutters out, "I a..I agree."


Erin you hear and see, Vash moans and begins to stir, out in the hall.
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 19:38.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren