Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Copper's Games > Rokugan

Unread 4th of September, 2011, 23:34
Foxtrot
Ghoul [GM]

Member: #9579
Katsumi has only barely arrived and, as such, will go directly to the castle to present herself as is custom. After that, she will change clothes (it's been a long, wet journey) and take stock of her dignitary counterparts, trying to learn as much about the court as possible. If her presence is required by Lord Kakita, she will of course prioritize that over her own business.

Last edited by Foxtrot; 6th of September, 2011 at 05:21.
Unread 5th of September, 2011, 12:39
AbidingDude
Zombie

Member: #9299
Ario will be going to the castle to present himself to the court, and will try to find out the general situation among the samurai. Later he will be wanting to meet with the local monks and/or Shugenja to find out what he can do to help with the bon festival.
Unread 6th of September, 2011, 07:18
Solar
Skeleton [GM]

Member: #9531
Kenjiro hasn't had a chance to present himself yet, because he arrived late last night and didn't want to disturb the Lord or go out in such a storm, so he will head up with the new party and meet with the Lord. He will then start his investigation at court.
Unread 7th of September, 2011, 00:24
Vortigern
Bodak [GM]

Member: #7429
My apologies to everyone for still not getting current. I've been ill this past weekend. ( one night with approx. 3 hours of miserable sleep, the next with approx. 15... )

Once again, I will be endeavoring to catch up sooner, rather than later, yet I have some character material to write-up for Copper so I wouldn't be holding up anything IC on my account until I am actually fully geared up for play.

"Adventure is something bad, happening to someone else, far far away."
Unread 7th of September, 2011, 03:17
Copper
Shadow [GM]

Member: #9086
Agreed. I'll look to getting things moving from Thursday onwards - I can't get to a computer before then.

Hope you're feeling better Vortigern.
Unread 9th of September, 2011, 02:03
Copper
Shadow [GM]

My mother suffered a severe allergic reaction earlier on, and so I've stayed with her rather than head to my nearest means of internet connection. Since she still requires some measure of care, it's highly unlikely that the post will be up today.

However, the text has been typed up, and I have tomorrow free. As such, it will be up on this board tomorrow. Apologies for the delay.

Update!: As per my earlier post, I am aiming to get the next GM post today. If I fail to achieve this - which might be the case, since I've still got a lot of work to do at home before I can leave to make use of my friend's internet - then I'll instead resolve to get it up as soon as I can after the fact.

Again, sorry for the delay. Hopefully the speed will pick up quickly.

Last edited by Copper; 10th of September, 2011 at 01:32.
Unread 10th of September, 2011, 04:31
Foxtrot
Ghoul [GM]

*waits expectantly*
Unread 10th of September, 2011, 06:25
Haraphen
Ghoul

Member: #7958
*ditto* in theory this is my character introduction post so my character doesn't exist until this goes up

Last edited by Haraphen; 10th of September, 2011 at 07:07.
Unread 13th of September, 2011, 04:24
Copper
Shadow [GM]

Apologises for the waiting folks, but my lack of an internet -- and now a laptop -- makes getting posts up on time a difficult task, particularly given the amount of activities going on at home and at work.

Rest assured, however, that I am working hard to establish a faster pace for the game. Regarding the next Gamemaster post, I am aiming to proof-read it in the next few hours, and get it up immediately after.

Edit!: Two things:

Hopefully the speed of my responses will pick up now, particularly since my posting length need not be quite so vast each time (I'll be aiming to give you all more opportunity to role-play your responses to events and remarks, and also more time to role-play among yourselves).

Secondly, I now have Emerald Empire, and it's proving to be an incredible purchase. If I end up modifying some minor details of prior posts based upon new information, don't be alarmed -- I think that the published material is well worth including, however, and will be sure to post up important information relating to it where necessary, so that those without the book can still make use of it.

Last edited by Copper; 14th of September, 2011 at 01:02.
Unread 15th of September, 2011, 02:53
Foxtrot
Ghoul [GM]

I decided to add an additional blurb about Solar's character in my last post purely for detail. It really only concerns him and the GM, but I thought it best to notify everyone since it is technically a revision of events already past.
Unread 15th of September, 2011, 06:36
Solar
Skeleton [GM]

I think it's pretty important to get our characters feelings on each other expressed, since the Lion and the Unicorn have an interesting history and they both seem like honourable bushi types, there's potential there for some interesting roleplay. I'm quite happy to see a comment on Kenjiro from Katsumi.

Last edited by Solar; 15th of September, 2011 at 06:39.
Unread 15th of September, 2011, 15:41
Foxtrot
Ghoul [GM]

I tend to get obsessed with my own characters and not pay enough attention to other players. Naturally, our favorite characters will always be our own, so it's bound to happen. The problem is that you miss a lot of good interaction opportunities if you don't remember what the other players are doing and what their motivations are.
Unread 18th of September, 2011, 03:19
Foxtrot
Ghoul [GM]

...Are we waiting on someone in particular?
Unread 21st of September, 2011, 02:57
Copper
Shadow [GM]

I was waiting for everyone to post before I got my next part up. Provided everyone has done so (I've yet to check both threads), then I'll look towards moving things forwards; otherwise, we're waiting on whoever has yet to get anything up.

Edit!: So far, only the Scorpion, Lion and Unicorn characters have been posted for, meaning that I am still waiting on the Monk, Dragon and Phoenix.

Since the first two are, at present, unlikely to get anything up in short order, I'll settle for a post from elpresidente, after which I'll move you all forwards.

Regarding Vortigern: I've sent him a message asking for a rough idea about when he's likely to be getting me everything that I require. I've yet to hear back. If this persists, then I'll begin to NPC Asano; if it continues beyond that, then he'll be removed from play.

Update!: In the interest of encouraging a faster game pace, I ask that all players keep me informed of any events that might restrict them from posting a minimum of once per week. Of course I recognise that my own pace has been less than exemplary recently, but that is due to computer and internet issues; once these problems have been resolved, I will be looking to pick up the game's speed, and will expect everyone to be able to keep up.

Originally Posted by Solar # I think it's pretty important to get our characters feelings on each other expressed, since the Lion and the Unicorn have an interesting history and they both seem like honourable bushi types, there's potential there for some interesting roleplay. I'm quite happy to see a comment on Kenjiro from Katsumi.
I agree. If players don't role-play and react with one another, then the game becomes extreme base: the characters react only to GM inspired events, and things become somewhat less fun (at least it would become so where I was concerned).

Last edited by Copper; 21st of September, 2011 at 03:22.
Unread 21st of September, 2011, 03:24
Copper
Shadow [GM]

Haraphen & Cheveyo: I haven't forgotten about you. You're doing well on the role-playing, and do not appear to have finished, and so I'm going to aim to move you both forwards at the same time as the other characters rather than tonight.
Unread 21st of September, 2011, 15:16
Copper
Shadow [GM]

Upon further consideration of the IC thread, I've noticed that elpresidente last posted on the 24th August -- almost an entire month back. Because of this, and my great desire to keep my game moving at an acceptable pace, I am making the following decision: when I next have internet access, I will be moving the game forward with my Game Master post, in which I will NPC Ario, Asano and Kaero. If I have heard nothing from them soon after said post has gone up regarding their absences, then I will be dropping all three characters from my game.

Last edited by Copper; 21st of September, 2011 at 18:59.
Unread 21st of September, 2011, 16:06
Foxtrot
Ghoul [GM]

Seconded.
Unread 21st of September, 2011, 19:03
Copper
Shadow [GM]

Of course, if I do have to take this step, it'll mean changing the story somewhat to accomodate the loss of both shugenja, and the removal of one of the two key participants in the Unicorn-Phoenix dialogue.

One possible avenue of overcoming this pitfall, should elpresidente not get in touch with me in time, is to have one of you other players (discounting Foxtrot) take temporary control of Kaero, until such a time as the negotiations are completed. I suggest this because of the importance of any such negotiations to the story, and also because things could very well swing either way depending on the actions of both samurai.

If no-one is willing to act in the aforementioned role, then the dialogues will need to be handled through a mixture of role-playing and rolls. Should this be preferable, then it can easily be arranged.
Unread 21st of September, 2011, 19:37
Haraphen
Ghoul

If elpresidente does not respond and had to be regrettably removed from the game.
And of coarse assuming no one else has a Problem with it I would be open playing the character after I got to know them a little better.
Unread 21st of September, 2011, 19:44
Copper
Shadow [GM]

Thanks for offering Haraphen. If I fail to receive a response from elpresidente before the next post goes up, then I'll undoubtedly be calling upon you to act in that capacity (and will probably reward your efforts with a bonus experience point).

With regards to posting: I will be looking to get the second half of the GM post for Katsumi, Josuke and Kenjiro up at some point between now and Sunday (provided I can get to the library to make use of their internet, which is a possibility); my next post in the 'Hours Lost' thread will be going up from Monday onwards, pending how the current conversation between the characters progresses.
Unread 22nd of September, 2011, 06:42
Solar
Skeleton [GM]

Elpresidente is having some trouble with accommodation right now, and I know that his access to the internet is not something he can rely on. I'll talk to him and see what is up, I know that he is still interested and frustrated by his inability to post, but hopefully he will soon be able to get back on track and keep playing.

Last edited by Solar; 22nd of September, 2011 at 06:45.
Unread 22nd of September, 2011, 06:56
Solar
Skeleton [GM]

Yeah I just texted him and he let me know that he will be making a post soon, possibly even tonight! So I think he might be back in the game, which is good.
Unread 22nd of September, 2011, 07:09
Haraphen
Ghoul

Awsome. That's great to here. It sucks when people have to drop out.
Unread 22nd of September, 2011, 15:47
Foxtrot
Ghoul [GM]

At the risk of sounding like a douche, I'm going to have to ask if a deadline can be placed on elpresidente's next post. The last words I heard from Vortigern were that he'd be "endeavoring to catch up sooner rather than later," so I hope you can understand why I want an assurance that even if elpresidente doesn't post, the game will continue. I don't want to have to wait another week for a post that will come "any time now."

Last edited by Foxtrot; 22nd of September, 2011 at 15:50.
Unread 22nd of September, 2011, 20:19
elpresidente
Vampire Spawn [GM]

Member: #488
Apologies all, normal service should now be resumed. @Foxtrot, I agree entirely deadlines are fair and the flow of a game for the majorities enjoyment should take president.