Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Erendiox's Games > Blooming Dawn

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #26  
Unread 2nd of October, 2007, 01:51
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
An arrow comes whizzing by without warning, knocking the piece of gold out of the air and into the sea. You both turn to see a man on horseback wearing red tinted armor. A dozen or so men run behind him on foot, struggling to keep up. He ignores his henchmen, bolting forward with great fervor. A bow is in one hand, and with some difficulty he mounts another arrow while his horse is running. Arriving near you, he still shouts loudly, as if you both were still a great distance away, or you were both hard of hearing.

"Anathema! Anathema I say!" He cries boldly at the still glowing Hale. "Stay still where you stand demon and my judgement will be swift! I won't miss this time! ... even though you were... uhh... standing still before and by rights I... well I should have hit you then but my horse was bouncing around and all... but that's ok because here we are, me and you and this girl here to act as witness to my great deeds... my bow is drawn and you're helpless to defend yourself... everything is as it should be so... umm... yea, prepare yourself demon!"

It's at this distance that you both can see his armor is much too big for him, that his shoulder plates don't quite meet squarely on his shoulders. The horse is hardly anticipating battle, instead choosing to graze haphazardly on some nearby grass. As a result the horse turns, ruining his aim, and he curses under his breath, distracted, trying to realign his steed while still aiming at Hale.
  #27  
Unread 5th of October, 2007, 04:07
Eternal's Avatar
Eternal
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2004
Member: #745
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 386 (0.07 per day)
Nuada nearly leaped out of her skin as the first arrow whizzed by. By the time the second arrow was notched, the quick girl was off. Nearly knocking Hale down, she grabbed his arm and dived over the nearest dune. Hale's anima was still glowing, so on the beach they were open targets. Looking at Hale, Nuada motioned towards the tree line. With only a quick look back, she sped off, dragging along her new acquaintance.


[Join Battle: Nuada: (Wits 4 + Awareness 2) = 6(10 9 8 6 1 1) 4 Successes]
__________________
Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a while; set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  #28  
Unread 5th of October, 2007, 08:12
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
Who is this guy... thought Hale. He couldn't understand a word, but he didn't need to. His clumsiness was pretty apparent. Before he could think about more, he's struggling to stay on his feet as Nuada thrusts him under the cover of a dune. Seeing her motion toward the forest, Hale understands.

"Trees!" Hale whispers. "Good ideeeaah!" He shouts as he nearly falls over, Nuada not wasting any time, tugging him forward.

[Join Battle: Hale: 4 Successes <astonishing> (Nuada is guiding)]

Last edited by Erendiox; 5th of October, 2007 at 09:32.
  #29  
Unread 5th of October, 2007, 09:31
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
"Y... You! You two there! Stop! There's no getting away!" he shouts indignantly, fiddling with his bow and his horse. His men are close now. They wear buff jackets and carry spears and shields. Unlike the "man" on the horse, they look like they've all been through puberty. "After them! Quickly!" The boy on the horse shouts, suddenly having a third thing to manage.

Nuada and Hale have both jumped from their cover into the open, bolting through the sand. A grassy field is ahead, boulders of varying sizes dotting the green with spots of dark grey. Sitting in the field between you and the forest looks to be the ruins of what was once a small shack. No roof remains, but three walls stand and pieces are scattered about. Beyond that is the forest with no leaves. Not 10 yards behind you is the red armored boy on his horse, his bow trained on you both. 25 yards to your side are the troops nearing you.

[Join Battle: Unknown Leader: (Wits 2 + Awareness 0) = 2(8,2) 1 success <competent>]
[Join Battle: Unknown Troops: (Wits 2 + Awareness 2) = 4(9,5,5,1) 1 success <competent>]
  #30  
Unread 9th of October, 2007, 07:12
Eternal's Avatar
Eternal
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2004
Member: #745
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 386 (0.07 per day)
Tick 0

No matter how quickly Hale's feet pumped through the sand, there was no way he could keep up with the fleet-footed Lunar. Tugging the poor boy along, Nuada could only hope that the horses baring down on them would struggle through the sand. The girl chances a look over her shoulder, almost taking a spill on a small drift of sand. What she sees isn't pleasing. The men are bearing down on them, and if the two children couldn't find a way out of the open, they'd soon wind up pincushions.

Focusing on the movement of each muscle in her legs, Nuada lets essence seep through them, boosting their output and surrounding them in a shimmering aura. Nuada twists, slinging a surprised Hale over her shoulders, and speeds off towards the tree line.

[Nuada: Dash(Speed 3, -2): Instinct Driven Beast Movement x2: 8 motes, Banner level 3 (9 peripheral)]

Last edited by Erendiox; 29th of November, 2007 at 02:41.
  #31  
Unread 10th of October, 2007, 03:39
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
"Whoooaaah!"

[inactive(speed 5, -0)]
  #32  
Unread 11th of October, 2007, 00:33
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
Tick 3

The soldiers stop running, realizing the chase has suddenly become fruitless. With a flash of light, Nuada has made tracks, but the boy on the horse isn't ready to give up. The light erupting off of Nuada's banner makes his eyes go wide. Coming home with two anathema exterminated would be very, very good for his name.

"NO!" He shouts in frustration. "I won't lose this chance!"

Finally gaining his balance, he draws back his bow, a coruscating light enveloping him as he releases, his eyes sharp as a hawks. The two escapees are just passing by the broken down shack. In the wind, his arrow snatches Nuada's ponytail, slipping through the braids and wrapping it around both of Nuada's wrists before thunking into one of the three walls still standing, holding her fast and bound. Hale flies off Nuada's back with the sudden stop, rolling several times on the ground before sliding and managing to end on his feet. Looking up, he notices that his spear is also pinned to the wall, between Nuada's hair and the wall.

Putting up both his hands like he just scored a soccer goal, and almost falling off his horse in the process, the boy in red armor seems happy with himself. The guards, seeing the sudden change in circumstance, again give chase, seeking to surround the two.

[Unknown Leader: Attack(speed 6, -1) + First Excellency + Channel Valor: (Dexterity 2 + Archery 3 + Specialty 1 + Excellency 4 + Accuracy 1 + Valor 3 + stunt 4) = 14(10,9,8,8,8,8,7,7,7,7,5,4,3,2,2,1,1,1) 11 Successes vs DV 1 <phenominal dragon>]
[Unknown Leader: +4 motes +1 willpower]
[Hale: Balance Check: (Dexterity 3 + Athletics 1) = 4(8,8,6,3) 2 successes vs challenging difficulty <adequate>]
[Unknown Troops: Dash(speed 3, -2) 8 yards a tick]
[Distances: Leader 82 yards (5 yd/tick): Troops 82 yards (8 yd/tick)]
[Wits + Athletics to free Nuada. Difficulty 2 for Hale, Difficulty 4 for Nuada to free herself. Cutting Nuada's hair is an automatic success.]


Last edited by Erendiox; 29th of November, 2007 at 02:43.
  #33  
Unread 11th of October, 2007, 00:59
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
Tick 5

Hale rushes back over to Nuada, trying to wrench her free. He notices the glow surrounding her and a million questions fill his mind. No time for that. "Shit!" He says as he looks at her wrapped wrists. "How the hell did you get like this girl? You're going to be the death of me!" He glances over at his steadily approaching foes, only making him more frantic, and he's having no luck. The arrow is really in there. "We'd better do something quick!"

[Hale: Miscellaneous(Speed 5, -1): (Wits 3 + Athletics 1) = 4(9,5,3,1) 1 Success vs challenging difficulty <failure>]
[Distances: Leader 72 yards (5 yd/tick): Troops 66 yards (8yd/tick)]
  #34  
Unread 12th of October, 2007, 05:08
Eternal's Avatar
Eternal
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2004
Member: #745
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 386 (0.07 per day)
Tick 6

Just as she thought she was safe, an arrows zips by her, and in a flash and before she knows it, Nuada is slammed against the wall of the shack, bound by her own hair. Several moments of tugging result in only an overly sore scalp, and Hale's efforts are less than efficient.

Closing her eyes and taking a deep breath, Nuada relaxes, overcoming her frantic mood and gaining control of her senses. The thief opened her eyes, and like she had a thousand times before, used her athletic, limber body to ease out of the tight knot. Essence almost outlined the path she had to take, and after only a few moments she was free, pigtails and all.

[Nuada: Escape: (Wits 4 + Athletics 4) + 2(Wits: Second Excellency) = (10 10 6 5 4 4 3 1 +2)6 Successes]
[Banner level 4 (13 Peripheral)]
__________________
Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a while; set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Last edited by Erendiox; 29th of November, 2007 at 02:41.
  #35  
Unread 12th of October, 2007, 11:55
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
Tick 9

The troops move ever closer. The man on horseback breaks his horse into a fast gallop to close in.

[Unknown Troops: Dash(Speed 3, -2): 8 yards per tick]
[Unknown Leader: Dash(Speed 3, -2): 15 yards per tick]
[Distances: Leader 52 yards, Troops 34 yards]

Last edited by Erendiox; 12th of October, 2007 at 11:58.
  #36  
Unread 12th of October, 2007, 12:18
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
Tick 10

Hale watches in awe, backing away a step as Nuada's banner flares up into a brilliant pillar of light. The light guides her as she slithers out of the impossible knot, leaving only the arrow and his spear.

Wow... she's amazing...

He glances at the score of troops almost on top of them. Not wasting any time, Hale wrenches his spear from the wall and then wraps his arm around Nuada's shoulders, holding her tight. "Uh... Whatever you did last time!" He shouts nervously.

[Hale: Flurry: Misc(Speed 5, -1) + Misc(Speed 5, -1)]
  #37  
Unread 12th of October, 2007, 23:25
Eternal's Avatar
Eternal
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2004
Member: #745
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 386 (0.07 per day)
Nuada blushes as Hale's arms wrap around her, but that doesn't slow her. Without skipping a beat, Nuada vaults off, eager to lose the weirdos tailing them, and interested in what kind of friend she had made and why he had people like that following him. "Hold on!" is the only warning Hale gets before the two of them streak off towards the forest.
__________________
Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a while; set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  #38  
Unread 13th of October, 2007, 03:29
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
Again you bolt into the distance, faster than any mortal man has ever run. Even the horse cannot keep pace with you and your enemies quickly fall behind. You can barely hear the shouts of the frusterated boy, pleading for you to slow down. You enter the forest with no leaves. Only long gnarled trunks and branches, colored white and brown, litter the landscape. Not a green colored thing grows here.

Without leaves the cover is sparse but you make your way deep into it, until you can no longer see the field, no longer hear the sea. Nuada's banner has died to a smaller glow that does not extending out into the sky. Her impossible speed is back down to simply being very fast, as the magic has worn off. Unfortunately, being nighttime still, any light at all is going to stand out. Even Hale still has a glowing brand on his forehead, which would be enough to easily spot him in the blackness.


[Hale: Banner level 2 (7 Peripheral), Nuada: Banner level 3 (10 Peripheral)]


Last edited by Erendiox; 29th of November, 2007 at 02:42.
  #39  
Unread 13th of October, 2007, 03:45
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
I wonder why she helps me... She could've easily left me...

Hale holds on tight. Nuada can't be much bigger than he and she bears him as a burden like this. She doesn't even look tired. As the sound of Nuada's banner dies down and the rythmic patter of her magic powered speed dims, he speaks into her ear.

"If we're just moving this fast then I can keep up."

Hale loosens his grip and hops off, running alongside her, strattling roots and ducking branches. "You're really fast..." He says, smiling. "I don't know what I would've done if I hadn't run into you." Taking a glance back, Hale wonders if they're still following. "We should probably keep going, at least till the light wears off. It seems to be getting dimmer..." he says as he tries without success to look at his own forehead.
  #40  
Unread 16th of October, 2007, 00:47
Eternal's Avatar
Eternal
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2004
Member: #745
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 386 (0.07 per day)
Nuada cracks her back and stretches, a bit cramped from the long run. The two continued jogging through the woods until they could barely see each other. The young thief took initiative and stopped, plopping down against a tree. With a long yawn, Nuada stretched again. A foul mood had come over her as soon as she let Hale down. This is when she noticed the absence of her bag of treasures, such a big haul completely wasted!

Nuada glared icily at Hale, but could barely hold back a grin as she saw a nervous look cross his face. "This had better be worth it, Hale. You're lucky I en't had any friends in a long time or I'd be going after my bag of treasure instead of helping you! It IS your fault after all."

Glancing towards the sky, Nuada slid herself onto the ground and closed her eyes. After a few minutes, she blearily commanded Hale to keep watch, drifting asleep as she did. "I'm going to sleep; you keep watch. I'll take over once it's light out.. after all..."
__________________
Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a while; set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Last edited by Eternal; 31st of October, 2007 at 06:56.
  #41  
Unread 17th of October, 2007, 23:49
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
"Eheh..." Hale says nervously, trying to faking a smile, a bead of sweat running down one side of his face.

She's kinda scary when she does that...


"Fine, get some sleep. You did do most of the running... Just don't complain when I wake you." He says with a smirk.

Hale climbs up an adjacent tree. The gnarled wood is easy to scale. There are plenty of knots and branches to use as handholds. Sitting on one thick bough and leaning on the trunk, Hale trys to stay awake and keeps his eyes open for any movement. He smiles to himself, reflecting. While Hale was still confused about many things, having someone else here made all the difference. Nuada would be the first person he could call friend since the pirate raid.

[+1 toward "Nuada", intimacy gained]
  #42  
Unread 18th of October, 2007, 00:29
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
In eerie quiet and stillness, the night passes. As the sun cracks over the horizon and morning dew drips from the smaller branches, Hale can see a small figure in the distance. As it approaches closer, it turns out to be a small, red haired girl of about ten years. She hums a little tune and carries a basket, spreading something on the ground as she walks. She doesn't see either of you.

[Hale: Banner level 0, Nuada: Banner level 0]
[5 hours: Hale: +20 motes, Nuada: +40 motes]

Last edited by Erendiox; 29th of November, 2007 at 02:42.
  #43  
Unread 18th of October, 2007, 00:35
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
Hale, groggy just beforehand, jumps up when he sees the figure in the distance. When it gets close enough for him to see that it's just a little girl, he sighs relief.

Good thing it's time to wake Nuada up anyway. It's strange that a girl would be out here all alone. I should tell her about it.

Climbing carefully back down the tree, Hale nudges Nuada, whispering. "Hey... wake up... it's your turn to watch... " As she rouses, he also lets her know about the strange little girl walking around.
  #44  
Unread 19th of October, 2007, 03:05
Eternal's Avatar
Eternal
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2004
Member: #745
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 386 (0.07 per day)
Nuada rolls over sleepily, swatting at the nudging Hale. After a long moment, she grumbles something about beauty sleep and slowly assumes an upright position. The news, however, does not phase her one bit.

"What? A girl? Oh, right. Well... what's the big deal? I'm a girl, and I'm harmless enough, right? Anyway, do you have anywhere you need to get to, because I'm kind of on a mission to find some rare gems and stuff, so I'll help you get to wherever before I continue... as long as it's not too far out of the way."

Nuada looks at Hale, then at the sky, thinking about the silly question she just asked. He was a slave, right? But maybe he has a home somewhere! Maybe...
__________________
Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a while; set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  #45  
Unread 19th of October, 2007, 03:34
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
How can she ask me something like that? I was about to be sold as a slave...

Hale's face grows drawn for a second and he looks at the floor. "No... I don't have anywhere to go." With a sniffle, he looks up at Nuada, almost on the verge of tears. "Take me with you... please... I don't have any friends here..."
  #46  
Unread 19th of October, 2007, 03:41
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
"Why hello there!" Says a voice just nearby. The girl that was wandering around is right near the two of you, startling you. She wears simple peasant clothes with tied back red hair. In one hand she holds a basket full of seeds. She's definitely about 10.

"My name's Wendel. Who are you two?"
  #47  
Unread 19th of October, 2007, 04:20
Eternal's Avatar
Eternal
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2004
Member: #745
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 386 (0.07 per day)
Nuada crosses her arms, tapping one finger against her chin. She liked Hale, but how would he fare? And how would Aeia feel? But she couldn't leave him behind...

Just as she was about to respond, a little voiced piped in, nearly causing Nuada to jump. The thief turned on the little girl who had happened upon them and glared menacingly at her. What was a little girl like this doing in the wilderness? Nuada didn't have time for this.

"Who are we? We're demons that prey on little girls, so scram!" Nuada rasped. "I'm trying to have a serious conversation here! Now if you don't mind leave us be, get on back to your mommy and daddy!"

With that, Nuada turned back indignantly to Hale and sighed. "Is that her?"
__________________
Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a while; set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Last edited by Eternal; 19th of October, 2007 at 06:09.
  #48  
Unread 21st of October, 2007, 02:55
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
Before Hale can respond, the girl speaks again, except the voice that comes out isn't hers. "Heh, well aren't you a piece of work..." Says what sounds like a young man, the little girl smiling with an intelligence beyond that of a 10 year old. With that, the girl begins to grow, her shoulders broadening, her long hair shortening and turning black. In a few seconds, a young man with black hair and boyish features stands before you, looking to be around 19. He wears travelers garb, simple cloth, with a satchel across his back. Nuada can't help but notice that he's devilishly good looking.

"This is the part where i'd tell you not to be afraid, but I don't think you are. My name is Raist, and i've come on behalf of the silver pact."

He takes a few steps closer, looking at Hale, smiling, then back at Nuada. "You seem to be doing well on your own. I've been watching you. You're very clever, and you seem to have a good grasp of your powers... but you can't keep running forever. There are lots of people after you."

He comes still closer, putting his satchel down. His voice is very pleasing. "Can I ask your name?"
  #49  
Unread 21st of October, 2007, 03:20
Eternal's Avatar
Eternal
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2004
Member: #745
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 386 (0.07 per day)
Nuada's face blanches and a grotesque expression crosses her face as the girl's voice deepens and turns into a man. Is this it look like when I...? Eughh.

The young thief averts her eyes, wearing a sour look. This guy was starting to bug her, especially since she didn't like being caught off guard or talked down to.

"I don't know how you found me or how you have the body of a young girl, Wendel, but I didn't ask you to barge in on us and start preaching like you know who I am," Nuada spat. "Now, if you don't mind, we're leaving!"

Turning to Hale, she stormed of in his direction, pulling him with her and growling, "We're going!"

With a glance over her shoulder, Nuada bid the man good riddance, hopefully divulging enough information to make him leave them be. "My name is Mara Silvertongue. Don't bother us."
__________________
Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a while; set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  #50  
Unread 23rd of October, 2007, 07:29
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
"B.. but wait!" He stutters, obviously not used to such a one sided rejection. "Mara! It's dangerous out there! You're wanted from here to the south pole! We're here to protect you!"

His voice fades off into the distance. The last thing you hear him say is to himself, something about how pissed Wendel is going to be with him for screwing up.

Last edited by Erendiox; 23rd of October, 2007 at 07:42.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 12:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren