Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Erendiox's Games > Blooming Dawn

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #26  
Unread 17th of October, 2007, 23:49
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
Katsua gives a resounding wow along with the crowd after seeing such a feat. Strange that fear wasn't the first thing to fill his mind this time. Even so, he was glad to see Benkei move so quickly to stay near him. Katsua could tell that he takes his word seriously. The spectacle had, however, captured his full attention.

"Wow! That was amazing!" He says to Benkei, pointing and gesturing. "He just did this here and that and one of these and then BOOM! He NAILED that guy!" He shouts, laughing and reenacting the whole thing, him versus Benkei. Sasha too, while not expressing it as openly as Katsua, seems intrigued. She turns to Ryoshen with a grin.

"That was really something! You think that's him? He looks like a captain, and only a Dragon Touched could do something like that."
  #27  
Unread 18th of October, 2007, 03:53
Phidoe's Avatar
Phidoe
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Member: #2739
Posts: 126 (0.03 per day)
Benkei watches perplexed as Katsua hops about exclaiming things in flametounge. Ben nods silently and gives Katsua a thumb up, not really sure if he is agreeing to something or not. A sudden pang of annoyance hits Ben as he wishes Katsua would speak a language he knew. A good beating is what the kid needs comes the though from the back of his mind. Ignoring it Ben turns back to watch the strange combatant.
  #28  
Unread 18th of October, 2007, 11:41
fhgwdads05's Avatar
fhgwdads05
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2775
Location: ranchesta
Posts: 472 (0.11 per day)
So that's him. Captain Eraileous Gustav.

Ryoshen pressed forward to meet with the man who would supposedly help save the Onmyouji, all the while the ragtag group around him rife with commotion. The excitement and awe of his companions was a welcome sign and change from the short time before. Everything was moving according to plan once again. While Ryoshen felt satisfied, a sliver of doubt began to crawl into the back of his mind.

This man is Dragon-Blooded.....but Kato said he trusts him...

Just as unease began to take a stronger hold, Ryoshen felt Sasha's gaze on him. With a slight smile, he glanced over to her shortly.

I have to trust Kato, and this man as well. There is no other way.

As the children neared Gustav, Ryoshen took the pouch out of his pocket, removing the Jade tablet to place it in the folds of his baggy shirt. With subtle sigh, Ryoshen relaxed his body in an effort to free himself of tension caused from the significance of this fateful meeting. A wide grin crossing his lips, Ryoshen walked up to the Captain, the presence of his companions behind him both calming and surprisingly enough, slightly but subtly distressful.

"That was great, Mister,"
Ryoshen exclaimed looking up to Gustav, a beaming smile on his face. As he spoke, his hand moved down to the tablet concealed in his shirt. With a subtle movement slip of his hand, Ryoshen pulled the Jade tablet partly out of the folds of cloth, the grin across his lips ever present.

Last edited by fhgwdads05; 18th of October, 2007 at 11:44.
  #29  
Unread 19th of October, 2007, 12:49
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
The man smiles back at you in a polite way, as one would smile to a group of children. He watches as you reveal the jade tablet, his expression not changing at all. You think for a second that this might not be him. "This area is dangerous..." He says. "Certainly no place for children." He kneels down beside Katsua and scuffles his hair playfully, smiling like a father might, speaking to him but projecting so the group can hear. "I'd be by the northern wall if I was your age. The view is fantastic this time of year." With an easy grace he stands and turns back to the crowd, thanking the last of the spectators for their kind words.

"The northern wall." Says Sasha, nodding her head. "I've been there. Perhaps... you think he wants us to..." She looks again at the man and grins. "That guy was either really good or completely not the right person... I guess we're going to find out. Follow me..."

Sasha leads you quickly out of the industrial district, veering eastward toward the outer wall. After passing through a few alleyways, there's a rusty open gate with stairs to access the walkway. Climbing up and following the inside of the wall, you realize he wasn't joking when you get to the top. A crisp summer wind hits your faces, carrying the scent of sand and sea. A wide open view of the blue river mouth and the green shoreline northward, not to mention the expansive sea to your left, is spread out before you, clear skies for miles. The north wall continues round the city, though another gate blocks you from moving much further west atop the wall. This seems to be the eastmost side, one that wouldn't be manned except for an attack from the north by land or along the shoreline, which explains it's relative disuse.

"Good to know you kids have some sense..." Says Gustav as you see him scaling up the stairs. "I suppose children attract less attention, or did he send you all for some other reason?" He asks, amused. His lamellar gives a slight chink with each step as he approaches, his brow furrowed. The man is built like a rock, the armor only part of his bulk. While not extremely tall, being in his presence is still slightly harrowing from a physical perspective. Speaking directly to Ryoshen this time, he is very firm. "I told Kato not to send someone with the tablet unless it was very important. What word do you bring?"
  #30  
Unread 20th of October, 2007, 02:08
fhgwdads05's Avatar
fhgwdads05
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2775
Location: ranchesta
Posts: 472 (0.11 per day)
"Sasha and I came on orders from Sifu Kato," Ryoshen spoke with a glance to the girl. "As for everyone else, it is a long story."

Ryoshen looked up at Gustav, his eyes grave and his voice severe.

"His message was this: 'The worst has come to pass. The plan must happen tonight.' "


Without notice, the memories of the attack on the Shrine of Gyoja begin to fill Ryoshen. Flashbacks of sheer carnage danced about in his mind. The wanton bloodletting; the cruel smiles of the Dragon-blooded; the screams of pain and fear. The images were overwhelming, and Ryoshen felt the familiar knot in his stomach once more. He cast his gaze downward, struggling to hold back his tears.

"We must hurry..." Ryoshen spoke, his voice choked. "We must act now to save them all... or it will be just like at Gyoja..."
  #31  
Unread 20th of October, 2007, 02:51
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
Gustav's expression turns to anger. He moves in closer to the boy. In contrast to his controlled norm, he's displaying the first strong emotion yet. "Tell me truth boy... the immaculates attacked Gyoja? They destroyed it?" His anger increases yet as Ryoshen nods in response. "Damn them, the bastards! I saw the signs but... dammit I never thought they'd actually do it. Kato and his shrine are in grave danger. A magistrate from the realm has just arrived. That's always been a bad sign. They'll be watching the shrine by day, and by night it will happen. You all need to be out of the city by then."

Gustav looks left and then right, making sure there are no eavesdroppers. "Return to Kato. Tell him to be ready in two hours. I'll be picking him up then."

Last edited by Erendiox; 20th of October, 2007 at 09:03.
  #32  
Unread 20th of October, 2007, 05:25
Phidoe's Avatar
Phidoe
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Member: #2739
Posts: 126 (0.03 per day)
Benkei frowns slightly and tenses as the man reaches down to Katsua. The man must die, something in the back of his head tells Ben this. Clenching his fist Ben listens not understanding a word of what going on. Suspicion begins to fill him as he surveys the group. Kill them before they kill you he silently tells himself. Shaking the thought from his head he quickly moves on after his leaving companions.


Arriving at a large wall Ben is amazed at the view from the top. Its even more breathtaking then to top crows nest on his parents ship. He doesn't have time to take it in long though. The man from the street arrives soon after they do. After a few words with Ryoshen the man becomes very angry. Cautiously Ben inches between the man and Katsua.
  #33  
Unread 21st of October, 2007, 02:33
fhgwdads05's Avatar
fhgwdads05
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2775
Location: ranchesta
Posts: 472 (0.11 per day)
The most excitement and anxiety Ryoshen had ever felt filled him as he nodded in approval to Gustav's message.

"See you in two hours, Captain,"
he spoke, before turning to face the group behind him.

"We move now, to Kenfu. Let us make haste!"
  #34  
Unread 21st of October, 2007, 13:22
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
The group hikes on back to the shrine, an air of excitement surrounding what could happen next. Katsua puts Benkei at ease, telling him what had been said, though slightly exaggerating of course. Sasha speaks up some time into the walk, addressing the group as you travel.

"Hey guys, just out of curiosity... well you two..." She motions to Benkei and Dust, "... other than bringing Katsua to us, you really have no connection with the Onmyouji. Egam, you too, you don't really have to come with us. I mean, it's not that we don't appreciate all your help, but what's about to happen could be dangerous. You don't have to come if you don't want to."

Katsua, suddenly looking serious, repeats exactly what Sasha said to Benkei.
  #35  
Unread 22nd of October, 2007, 09:17
Phidoe's Avatar
Phidoe
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Member: #2739
Posts: 126 (0.03 per day)
Benkei says simply "I promised to protect Katsua, and I never break a promise."

Last edited by Erendiox; 22nd of October, 2007 at 09:50.
  #36  
Unread 27th of October, 2007, 09:16
CouchpotatoGOD's Avatar
CouchpotatoGOD
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #832
Posts: 108 (0.02 per day)
Dust studied Sasha for a moment. Was this an attempt to get rid of him? to stop him from being a part of this complex, dangerous, exciting game? No, it seems that she's actually worried about him!

Smiling, Dust said "You'd have a hard time making me leave."

Last edited by Erendiox; 27th of October, 2007 at 09:19.
  #37  
Unread 1st of November, 2007, 02:49
youareanoobnoob's Avatar
youareanoobnoob
Zombie [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2774
Posts: 92 (0.02 per day)
The entire set of events involving the captain, who Ryoshen had called Gustav, had been barely noticed by Egam. More important then all of that, his hat had been knocked off during their first encounter with him. When it had fell, Egam had picked it up gently, brushed it off, and, irritated, placed it back on his head. Even when leaving the industrial district, Egam had checked the hat like a parent checks a newborn, looking worriedly for any harm that may have been caused to it. He only begins to pay attention after Gustav starts to talk to Ryoshen, and is greatly confused by the conversation. Egam begins to wonder if he is in way over his head, only to be reaffirmed by Sasha's warning. Scared, Egam says weakly, holding his hands together at his mouth, "D-danger?"
  #38  
Unread 1st of November, 2007, 12:01
fhgwdads05's Avatar
fhgwdads05
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2775
Location: ranchesta
Posts: 472 (0.11 per day)
Ryoshen stopped in his tracks, motioning for the group to do so as well. Turning to Egam, his expression is grave, and his eyes are frozen like the wastelands of the North.

"Danger does not do justice in explaining what we're about to go through, Egam. Three Dragon-blooded killed everyone at Gyoja, save Katsua and myself. Three Dragon-blooded alone. There's no telling as to how many will be here trying to repeat the same bloodshed. Even with Gustav behind us, it will be perilous. The men who attacked us previously will be like gnats compared to those who want to kill us now. The fact that I am what I am now does help the situation, either..."

Ryoshen paused for a moment, his expression softening slightly to one of concern.

"Egam, I will not be able to assure your safety if you decide to stay with us. You can stay if you desire, but realize that your life may be threatened. It is your choice, alone."

Last edited by fhgwdads05; 1st of November, 2007 at 13:07.
  #39  
Unread 1st of November, 2007, 13:13
Phidoe's Avatar
Phidoe
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Member: #2739
Posts: 126 (0.03 per day)
Benkei watches in silence, eyes moving slowly from Ryoshen to Egam and back. From the Ryoshens stance and tone of voice Ben can tell that whatever he is saying he thinks is important, and that he's directing his speech at Egam.
  #40  
Unread 2nd of November, 2007, 05:50
youareanoobnoob's Avatar
youareanoobnoob
Zombie [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2774
Posts: 92 (0.02 per day)
"K-killed?!" Egam hadn't understood the situation up until just now. That's what he may have been doing when he first say him; running from Gyoja. Egam was worried and very frightened, but he didn't want to simply be a coward and leave, even though he was shaking in his boots. "I'll go, just please watch out for me," and saying this aside, as he remembered his "harder" days as a young pick-pocket, "it's been a while since i was in danger..."

He says this to group, only to realize that Ben had not understood him. He repeated a shorter version to him, and asked Ben shyly to watch out for him.
  #41  
Unread 3rd of November, 2007, 04:51
Phidoe's Avatar
Phidoe
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Member: #2739
Posts: 126 (0.03 per day)
Ben almost gasps in surprise when Egram turns to speak with him. Partly because he though only Katsua could speak seatounge, and partly because of a sudden urge to see his bleeding crainium impailed upon a pike frozen by death in a never ending scream. Quickly Ben covers his near gasp with a grunt followed by a smile and thumbs up to Egram.

Last edited by Phidoe; 10th of November, 2007 at 07:29.
  #42  
Unread 8th of November, 2007, 05:50
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
"If that's how you all feel then it's fine by me... we can use all the help we can get." Sasha says with a smile. The group continues, arriving at the shrine in due time.

For Ryoshen, who saw the shrine not long ago, the transformation is impressive. All the belongings of everyone living at the shrine have been moved from their places and packed away. In a matter of the hour you were gone, the entire shrine seems ready to move on a words notice. Each person carries their own things on their person. Superfluous items, the few that were there in the first place, are left behind. The school gathers in the center of the shrine, a circular amphitheater of soft stone. Small as it is, it can accommodate the 50 or so who live here. They sit conversing or tightening the straps of their gear; most seem to be wondering what's going on. You all can see Kato speaking seriously with a handful of older students and even fewer adults. Aside from them and Kato himself, mostly children of your age are present, perhaps some a year or two older.

Kato and the students turn to your group of 6 as you approach. You're the recipients of many a curious eye. Whispers dance about, though you can make out nothing. Suddenly, Katsua cries out as he starts running.

"Sifu! Sifu Kato!"

The whole theater goes silent as the boy makes his way quickly to him, seemingly ignoring the other students. There are tears in his eyes as he hurls himself before him, hysterical.

"Sifu it was horrible! They were everywhere and... and... there was nothing I could do but *sniff* run away and leave them... they're all dead, all of them... i'm so ashamed..."

Katsua can't say any more through his weeping. The students are all a bustle now, drawing all their own conclusions. Kato, after getting over the initial shock of seeing him alive, draws him near, as a father would hold a son. One of the older students in the far back shouts out amiss the speculation "Heey! It's Katsua!" Kato speaks words into Katsua's ear that the rest of you cannot hear with the commotion. After a brief exchange, Katsua turns and points directly at Benkei.

The Sifu puts up one hand for silence and, with amazing effectiveness, the hall is silent. He turns to Benkei, still holding Katsua near as the boy chokes through some more tears. With a small bow, he speaks. "Gratzi id ira utnashna... thank you, for bringing Katsua back to me. I never thought I would see anyone from that shrine ever again." The Sifu turns to the rest of the crowd. "It is as many of you fear. Katsua is one of only two surviors at Gyoja. The rest have been killed." The crowd again sturs, this time more loud than ever. "We're leaving this place because I won't see that fate come upon any of you. We'll survive in our own way, but first we must leave the city."

Kato turns to Ryoshen as he lets the students swallow this.

"Did everything go smoothly?"

Last edited by Erendiox; 8th of November, 2007 at 05:52.
  #43  
Unread 11th of November, 2007, 06:25
fhgwdads05's Avatar
fhgwdads05
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2775
Location: ranchesta
Posts: 472 (0.11 per day)
Ryoshen strides forth through the group, his posture and aura representing well his austerity and new-found power. Stopping directly in front of Kato, he bows his head in respect to the Sifu for a moment before speaking.

"Yes, Sifu. Gustav took news with utmost grimness. We are to be ready in one and one-half hours time from this moment. He will meet us at that time."
__________________
erendiox (12:14:36 AM): utter chaos is what feeds my insatiable hunger
  #44  
Unread 13th of November, 2007, 15:40
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
Kato nods. "Then we can do little more than hope for the best."

The shine completes the last of its preparations. Gates are barred shut. Prayers are spoken. One small boy leaves the main group, having forgotten something of importance to him. He skips down the stone steps toward the now abandoned homes, a keepsake waiting for him underneath some loose stones. Nobody notices the shadow pass over the shrine, the boy's muffled shout.

Only a half of an hour has passed. It's too soon. Already you can feel them around you, like wolves to penned sheep. The students grow silent, as if they can feel something is amiss. They turn about anxiously, many looking to their master. The air is dead. No sounds of the city seem to penetrate the locked gates. Not a word is spoken. Kato whispers, like a dying man might murmur his last words. Everyone present can hear.

"... they're coming..."

Something blocks the evening sun, casting a shadow for a moment, then the figure lands with unparalleled grace toward the center of the shrine. She wears scarlet colored lamellar, lithe and beautiful in form. In her grip is the young boy that so unwisely left his peers. A crash and flying debris from the opposite end of the shrine marks the end of one of the old walls. A huge muscled man emerges from the gaping hole, out of clearing dust. Towering some seven feet high, this hulk wears bronze colored armor. Behind him emerges Poe, his mischievous grin ever prominent. They both move to either side, turn inward, and bow. Tepet Dao, magistrate of the Realm, walks through, paying no consequence to the two Dragonblooded bowing to either side.

His gaze is cold, empty, and calculating. The students huddle together and start to panic, the very walls of their shrine blocking any form of escape. Without so much as glancing at any of his men or those that they would soon slaughter, he speaks.

"By official realm decree, the temple of Kenfu is to be immediately reprimanded on charges of anathema worship... Complaints or appeals can be directed to the second Imperial City tribunal. " He pauses, then speaks again, never sounding anything less than diplomatic.

"Kill them."

A sudden rush of air and heat comes from above. For a moment, everyone forgets that they're about to die and instead marvels at the giant ship with green flames bursting out the backside. It dives precariously from overhead, coming very close to hitting the temple, then banks upward at the last second, its belly running aground and stopping the ships momentum, a boom and another rush of air and sand accompanying the landing. The ship itself has three magnificent sails, the body made of wood, metal, and jade. It has landed in such a way as to block off the three dragonblooded that came in through the hole in the wall. Gustav pokes his head out from over the top railing and shouts down to Kato, but the old Sifu is already a step ahead of him. He leads the students to the ship's hull, which is lined with rope, and the climb begins. At the same time, Gustav's men pour flaming arrows over the other side.

The woman wearing lamellar still stands on the other end, the boy in her grasp. A stonehenge-like structure surrounds her, pillars of stone supporting each other and rising some 15 feet into the air. She seems strangely amused by the turn of events. When she sees Kato turn to her, she smiles like a devil and presses a blade up to the boy's neck. Her voice is deep and dark, like bitter chocolate. "Someone best come and get this boy Kato... He'll surely die if you leave him here."

"Taishi!" Shouts Katsua, letting go of the rope he was just about to climb and running toward the woman holding his friend captive. "No Katsua!" Shouts Kato. Turning from the many students that still need to get into the ship to Katsua, then back again, the Sifu seems torn. He turns you all, not saying anything, but his expression says enough. He needs to stay with the rest of the school. Time is short.

[Join Battle: Ryoshen: (Wits 3 + Awareness 2) = 5(9,6,6,2,1) 1 success vs standard difficulty <adequate>]
[Join Battle: Benkei: (Wits 2 + Awareness 1) = 3(9,5,1) 1 success vs standard difficulty <adequate>]
[Join Battle: Dust: (Wits 3 + Awareness 2) = 5(9,8,8,8,6) 4 successes vs standard difficulty <remarkable>]
[Join Battle: Egam: (Wits 3 + Awareness 3) = 6(10,10,3,3,3,2) 4 successes vs standard difficulty <remarkable>]
[Join Battle: Scarlet Dragonblooded: (Wits 4 + Awareness 4) = 8(9,7,7,4,4,2,1,1) 3 successes vs standard difficulty <superior>]
[Join Battle: Katsua: (Wits 2 + Awareness 1) = 3(9,5,5) 1 success vs standard difficulty <adequate>]
[Distances: Scarlet Dragonblooded 24 yards, Katsua 9 yards (3 yards per tick)]

  #45  
Unread 18th of November, 2007, 09:25
youareanoobnoob's Avatar
youareanoobnoob
Zombie [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2774
Posts: 92 (0.02 per day)
Tick 0

Egam has never been a boy of any sort of bravery. The only time in his life that he did anything dangerous was that of a thief, hiding in the shadows and running back to them when his job was done. But, Egam was not about to let this new boy, Katsua, endanger himself by leaving the group. For better or worse, Egam begins to follow Katsua. He yells to the Sifu "Excuse me Kato uh...sir...but I will try to help him; go with the group!"

[Egam: Guard (Speed 3, -0)]
[Follows Katsua (2 yards/tick)]


Last edited by Erendiox; 29th of November, 2007 at 02:03.
  #46  
Unread 20th of November, 2007, 14:50
CouchpotatoGOD's Avatar
CouchpotatoGOD
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #832
Posts: 108 (0.02 per day)
His excitement was so great that Dust was only slightly aware his life was in danger. Besides, he was confident he would be able to slip out of such a disorderly attack if things started turning bad for him. Most of his attention was riveted on the hostage.

They are going to try to save that helpless boy. This may be a good chance to show them my skills... and if I save one of them now they wont question me in the future. My seat in the center of this wonderful game will be secure.

Dust moved with the crowd. He let himself be absorbed into its flow, just another mindless cow escaping the slaughter. Years of training had taught him how to blend in, shift the unconscious eye to much more interesting things then himself. Instead of boarding the ship with the rest of the students he smoothly sidestepped behind one of the ancestor shrines. He was like a shadow in the night or a spider on its web. He controlled his laughter at the thought and soundlessly crept back towards the pillars.

Rule number 7: The best way to take down someone stronger then you is by surprise.


[Dust: Restablish Surprise (Speed 5, -1): (dexterity 3 + stealth 2) = 5(10,10,10,5,3) 6 successes]

Last edited by Erendiox; 21st of November, 2007 at 03:12.
  #47  
Unread 24th of November, 2007, 04:02
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
Tick 1

Dust blends in and disappears. With so much commotion going on, even the dragonblood can't keep track of every child. The vain woman squeezes tighter on the boy, eyeing Katsua and the others coolly. She opens her mouth to speak, then seems to think better of it, instead digging her knife point into the small boy's neck. Blood begins to flow as he cries out in pain, the woman not flinching.

[Scarlet Dragonblooded: Awareness: (Perception 4 + Awareness 4 + 2) = 10(10,9,9,8,7,7,6,4,4,3) 7 successses]
[Dust: Stunt Dice: 4(9,9,8,6) = 3 successes]
[Dust: Reestablish Surprise: 9 successes vs 7 successes <competent>]
[Dust: +1 willpower]
[Scarlet Dragonblooded: Miscellaneous (Speed 5, -1)]


Tick 3

Egam has taken off running after Katsua. The initiate only moves faster at the sight of blood, not heeding the danger he's throwing himself into. The red hatted boy is not catching up to him. Katsua may soon meet his doom.

[Egam's Distances: Scarlet Dragonblooded 20 yards, Katsua 11 yards (3 yards per tick)]

Last edited by Erendiox; 24th of November, 2007 at 04:15.
  #48  
Unread 1st of December, 2007, 04:55
youareanoobnoob's Avatar
youareanoobnoob
Zombie [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2774
Posts: 92 (0.02 per day)
Tick 2 (?)

Egam catches a quick glance of the Dragonblooded as he is running to them. He sees the Dragonblooded cut the boy slightly. Scared for the boy, Egam only tries to move to keep up with his compatriots, not wanting to frighten the woman more and have the boy die.

[Egam: Guard (Speed 3, -0)]
[Follows Katsua (2 yards/tick)]
  #49  
Unread 9th of January, 2008, 16:17
Phidoe's Avatar
Phidoe
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Member: #2739
Posts: 126 (0.03 per day)
Ben moves quickly despite the two sacks of rice on his back and the bushel of apples in his arms. Hastily he passes them to a group of students pilling them for easy travel. With out pausing he turns back to grab more supplies. Younger years spent traveling the seas with his parents have taught him the importance of pitching in on a ship, so almost as an instinct he had begun to help organize the cargo as soon it was apparent that the shrine would be relocating.

On his third such trip something makes the hair on the back of his neck stand up. The voice in the back of his head is eerily quiet, and had been for quite sometime. A hush fills the air more strongly then a cacophony of bells ever could. A shadow briefly covers the courtyard, and though it is only for a second it seems to completely extinguish the hope of escaping unscathed in less time then it takes the light to reclaim its place.

A devilish women stands before them as the back wall explodes inward. The dust from the rubbles seems to twist curling up into hellish grinning faces, blotting out the sun and mocking all those that they hover over. A demon stands in the rubble eyes glowing in the dusty evening light, its skin glistening like bronze in the shifting light. The women holds up a child as if to eat it alive. Her leathery skin gleams red as if covered with the blood sure to be spilled on it.

A feeling of excitement grows in Benkei's mind as fear visibly claims the faces of students in the courtyard. Blood would be spilled here and it would be glorious. Dropping what his is carrying with a thud apples spill across the enclosure like blood pouring from a freshly cut throat. The voice in his head shouts for blood, as a new comer walks out from behind the larger hellspawn. The new comer speaks in a harsh, calculated manner as if giving a demonic grace before a meal. Rage begins the make the blood pulse in Ben's ears. The voice in his head is practically singing with ecstasy at the coming slaughter, not caring who it is that is slaughtered as long as there is blood, and lots off it.

Just as it seems the blood sport is going to begin another shadow eclipses the sun as the fires of hell begin to fall from the sky. The voice in his head curses in as hope returns to the faces of the students as the airship lands to allow them to clamber aboard. The women in scarlet holds a knife to the child's head. Katsua lets out a cry and rushes to the women. Shocked Ben at seeing what is obviously not a demon standing in the demons place he is caught flatfooted as the old man shouts something.

[no action taken this is a filler post cause i r bored]
  #50  
Unread 14th of February, 2008, 17:01
fhgwdads05's Avatar
fhgwdads05
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2775
Location: ranchesta
Posts: 472 (0.11 per day)
"No."

[/font] Ryoshen dropped to his knees, his face contorted to a look of sheer horror. His body felt heavy, and a pit formed in his stomach.

"It's.... It's... Them...."


Flashbacks danced about his head, racing like lightning. A dark, rainy night. Three uninvited guests. The killing fields of the Gyoja courtyard. The merciless destruction of Onmyouji; from the strong who fought and died to the helpless young and weak. Blood everywhere. Yoshin, ever stolid, even as he knew he would die, ordering Ryoshen to leave and entrusting the boy with the lifeblood of the Onmyouji. The woman. The Dragon-Blood who killed Yoshin as he stood, not offering up one bit of resistance.

"No... How... It can't..."

Ryoshen took little notice to the events unfolding around him. While the woman clearly held a young Onmyouji Initiate in her arms, Ryoshen's mind did not register this. As everyone turned their heads upward to see Gustav's ship floating above, Ryoshen's gaze remained set on the woman. Even as the ship crashed down, and voices and chaos filled the landscape, Ryoshen remained silent and horrified, his eyes ever locked on the Scarlet Dragon-Blood.

"No... Sifu... I..."

A flash of white light bathed over the area as time seemed to come to a screeching halt. As the light receded, the surroundings reappeared, though colors were faded and milky, save for one exception. Still bathing the afternoon in a brilliant golden gleam, the sun stood out, a shining beacon amongst the drab surroundings.

“Why do you sit idly?”

The booming voice echoed through Ryoshen’s head. He looked around, bewildered, yet still half-dazed from the moment before.

“What? Who said that?” he replied with confusion. The air seemed to thicken slightly, the temperature rising slowly.

“My son, you sit idly. Why?”
the voice asked more forcefully.

Ryoshen continued to look about, his eyes scanning the area frantically.

“What? I…”

The air was now thick and heavy, and was becoming uncomfortably hot. The sun seemed far brighter than it had only minutes earlier, and as Ryoshen looked up he noticed it seemed much larger. He raised his arm to shield his eyes from the blinding light and stared in disbelief.

“No... Could..?”

The voice grew angry.

“YES. You are not mistaken. You are my child. But my children do not sit idly in times of need. Yet you do, paralyzed with fear.”

Shaken, Ryoshen stood up to meet the glowing sun that now stood mere yards away. To his surprise, the majority of the light dissipated, revealing a man beneath. He was a towering hulk of bronzed flesh and golden armor, bearing in his four arms a spear, a shield, a horn, and an olive branch. His gaze seemed to command the will of every being, animal, man, and god, and with it he looked down upon Ryoshen.

“My child, the power contained within you is unimaginable. Yet you waste it,”
the sun-man spoke in a fatherly tone. “NO MORE. No more shall your fear hold your feet to the ground, to let the blood of the innocent spill. NO MORE. You are MY PROGENY. You are MY CHILD. You contain within you the seed of power and greatness. NO MORE SHALL YOU LET IT GO TO WASTE.”

The surroundings immediately blacked out, as if all light had suddenly left the world. A single light appeared above Ryoshen’s head, followed by another appearing over an aged, robed man. Ryoshen cried out, a mix of surprise and confusion

“Sifu!”

The old man looked sternly down on the boy.

“Ryoshen, you fool,”
Yoshin barked. “The Onmyouji do not allow fear to control their actions. Did you not learn anything from me?”

Speechless, the boy looked on with shock and remorse. He tried to move his lips, but no sound could come from them, for he had no response.

The light surrounding Yoshin disappeared, and as Ryoshen turned about looking for his departed Sifu, the sun-man appeared once more.

“Child, you are my PROGENY. You are EXALTED. NO MORE shall you let fear control you. Don now the Armor of Purity. May it defend you against those who seek harm against you. Wield now the Shield of Courage. May it strengthen your resolve, and protect you against all that stands against you.. Brandish now the Sword of Righteousness. May you use it to smite those who seek wrong against the virtuous.”

Essence surged about as the sun-man spoke, pulsating with each word. Ryoshen felt slightly uplifted, his body lighter than before. Energy was returning to him, and it was increasing by the minute. The sun-man disappeared, and Yoshin reappeared. His frustration ever apparent, he spoke in a forceful, correcting tone.

“The Onmyouji Litany against Fear:
I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.”

Yoshin stopped, his piercing grey eyes staring down Ryoshen with the weight of boulders. Clearing his throat, he continued.

“AGAIN, WITH ME.
I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.”

As Yoshin began, Ryoshen joined in. He spoke quietly at first, but as the verses passed, his voice grew in volume and confidence. He took no notice to the fact that Yoshin was slowly fading away as he closed his eyes, instead focusing on the litany. With each passing word, the energy in his body grew.

“I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.”

With each verse, Ryoshen continued his return, his voice continuously growing as he slowly began to rise from his knees.

“Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.”

Ryoshen felt the Essence in his body slowly building up pressure, though it was merely an afterthought. He continued the litany without hesitation, his voice continuing to crescendo.

“I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.”

Ryoshen stood fully erect now, as the energy raced about in search of an exit from the confines of his body.

“And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.”

His voice growing in volume with the Essence in his body, Ryoshen’s words began to slow and become more pronounced.

“Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.”

As he finished the penultimate verse, Ryoshen’s eyes immediately opened and flared. His voice was now a shout, zealous and emphatic.

“ONLY I WILL REMAIN.”

The final words were thunder, ringing out in a deafening, Essence-charged cry. Immediately, Ryoshen’s entire body erupted in a mass of golden light, his caste mark a shining beacon. Ryoshen stands confident and prepared, ready to do what must be done. He addresses the Scarlet Dragon-Blood, staring daggers into his enemy’s eyes as he begins to walk methodically towards her.

“Dragon. I won’t allow this to continue any longer. You will not spill one more drop of innocent blood. Let the boy go. NOW.”

[Spend 3m Peripheral to activate Monkey Leap, spend 1m Peripheral to activate Anima Ability (raise banner to level 3)]
[Guard Action (Speed 3, DV -0)]
[Move Forward (3 yards/tick)]
[Spend 3xp to raise Martial Arts to 3]
[Spend 3xp to raise Resistance to 3]
[Spend 8xp to purchase Iron Skin Concentration]


Last edited by Erendiox; 26th of February, 2008 at 02:20.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 00:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren