Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Erendiox's Games > A New Age

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #26  
Unread 7th of July, 2011, 09:24
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.29 per day)
Tick 21

Two down. But now was no time to drop her guard. Indigo had done...something to the demon she had been dealing with and now it was gone. But there was still one more, and it definitely wasn't going to go down without a fight.

"Kheervis!" she shouted as she stepped outside from the house, taking a quick glance down at the girl to make sure she wasn't too injured. Drawing forth a target arrow, Silver Wind suppressed a grimace. She could feel her magic running thin and she was running out of target arrows in her quiver. She desperately wanted to save some essence in case the townsfolk weren't too understanding towards the "Deceiver" that had saved them. But she probably couldn't stop the blood ape in one shot either.

"It means I can protect people..."

The massive stallion billowing around her reared back on its hind legs, determination and anger apparent as Silver Wind pulled into her magical reserves. Swearing to herself she would learn some new magic tricks for her bow, she let loose. Swiftly reaching behind her to grasp another arrow, she pulled it taut and let that one fly as well.

The air was filled with golden sparks as the arrows flew towards the demon, showering the ground as if trying to cleanse it of all the blood covering it.

[OOC: Silver Wind is making two attacks using the 1st Archery Excellency.]
[Silver Wind: Flurry (6,-2) 12 peripheral motes]
[1st attack: Dex 3 + Archery 3 + Accuracy 2 + 1st Excellency 6 - Multiple actions 2 = 13(10 9 9 8 6 5 4 4 4 2 2 1 1) 5x]
[2nd attack: Dex 3 + Archery 3 + Accuracy 2 + 1st Excellency 6 - Multiple actions 3 = 12(9 9 9 8 8 6 6 6 5 4 4 3) 5x]
  #27  
Unread 9th of July, 2011, 01:21
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
Golden trails outline the first arrow's path as it strikes painfully into the demon's hide. The second makes the creature buckle mid-sprint as the arrow tears a deep hole in its right leg. Its pace slows considerably.

[Silver Wind: Stunt Dice (4,2)] -> [Attack 5X vs DV3 <superior>] -> [Damage (3 + Strike 2 - Soak 3) = 2(7,2) 1L Damage]
[Silver Wind: Stunt Dice (10,9) +3X] -> [Attack 8X vs DV2 <competent dragon>] -> [Damage (3 + Strike 6 - Soak 3) = 6(7,7,4,4,3,2) 2L Damage]
[Silver Wind +2 motes]


Tick 23

The last creature lunges toward Indigo as it closes the distance, reaching into the waves of her wild anima to tear her apart. She ducks and weaves like water, then reaches out with both palms forward. The creature freezes, his gaze locked with hers as her anima flares to the sky once again, blinding blue light pouring out of her caste mark.

[First Erymanthus: Principle of Motion(6,-1)]
[First Erymanthus: Attack (Pool 9 - Wounds 1) = 8(10,10,10,9,7,4,3,1) 5X vs DV7 <miss>]
[First Erymanthus: Attack (Pool 9 - Wounds 1) = 8(9,9,8,7,7,5,3,1) 5X vs DV6 <miss>]
[First Erymanthus: Attack (Pool 9 - Wounds 1) = 8(10,9,8,6,6,3,3,2) 3X vs DV5 <miss>]
[Indigo: Emerald Circle Banishment(3,-1) 10 Motes]
[Indigo: (Willpower 6 + Essence 3) = 9(10,9,8,8,7,6,6,5,1) 5X] <-> [First Erymanthus: (Willpower 7 + Essence 2 - Wounds 1) = 8(10,9,8,8,7,6,6,5,1) 4X]
[Contest: Lacuna 1X]

Tick 26

Sweat actively drips off of Indigo's brow as she musters every last ounce of concentration. The creature looks away, as if blinded by the light, and with a shout from Indigo, it explodes like the last into green flames. Indigo lets herself fall to her knees, leaning her weight forward as she takes in a few slow, strained breaths.

[Indigo: (Willpower 6 + Essence 3) = 9(9,7,7,7,6,4,3,1,1) 4X] <-> [First Erymanthus: (Willpower 7 + Essence 2 - Wounds 1) = 8(10,7,5,4,4,3,2,1) 3X]
[Contest: Lacuna 2X <success>]

End Combat

Some strange remnant of the last demon remains. A small, child sized wad of flesh sits where the demon stood, the green flames dying out slowly around it. It's covered in thick, wirey bristles.
  #28  
Unread 11th of July, 2011, 14:54
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.29 per day)
Silver Wind's mouth was open a few centimeters in awe at the display of power Indigo showed banishing the demon. But she quickly shook it off as the woman fell to her knees and seeing something still present where the demon once was.

"Go back inside young one," she said to the girl on the ground near her. "The danger might not be over yet." With that she drew one of her two remaining target arrows, rested it against her bow, and began moving in a quick walk towards the other Exalt. She knew she couldn't get too close however, her own experience and what Indigo had told her about the auras of Dragon-Blooded telling her it would be rather painful.

"Kheervis, stay back," she called to the Finest as he began to gallop over. Whatever that stuff was she didn't want Kheervis getting hurt because of it, or getting to close to Indigo.

"Indigo," she called as she stopped several feet away from her, their anima banners mixing between them. "Indigo, are you alright? Do you know what that is?" she asked gesturing towards the object (its not skin, its not skin, its not skin) where the demon had once been.

Last edited by Erendiox; 12th of July, 2011 at 02:03.
  #29  
Unread 13th of July, 2011, 11:31
Sparda219's Avatar
Sparda219
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Member: #389
Location: California
Posts: 297 (0.06 per day)
It was skin and it wasn't skin and it was something far, far worse. The demon surely must have been carrying it somehow because the disturbing lines and symmetry of the round, egg-shaped object had an even more disturbing complete design, it had been made elsewhere for certain. Hopefully it was a design, anyway. It looked like some sort of insect, stretched and connected together and wrapped around some child-sized egg, bristling with guard hairs and gossamer wings, compound eyes watching nothing and everything.

The "egg" lies still for a moment after dropping... then rocks, movement inside subtly shifting the weight of the thing from side to side. Slowly, hairline cracks start to form on the surface of the object, glowing with an acrid green light.

If this thing was an "egg," it was hatching.

The glow became stronger before the cracks spread faster, fragmenting the top of the egg like a window pane being shattered, some sort of clear liquid leaking from the cracks, just before it all BURST, slender arms and a matted black head slamming up through the breaking egg, scattering the pieces in a burst of green essence. The figure took a gasp, the light dying slowly to reveal one physically perfect young boy, panting and gasping and coughing up liquid. He had hair and eyes that were darker than black, it seemed, and had an almost chemical shimmer to them. His body was slender but taut and strong, skin a dusky tan shade, face pretty for a boy with a cupid's bow mouth and soft angles and a perfectly angled little nose. The egg toppled over, sending him over onto his hands and knees, rolling from his shell, still panting and now glistening in his nudity, looking up tentatively at the two women, eyes squinting in the light, then shutting altogether, as if it hurt to have them open. Covering his face he spoke between his hands, his voice young and smooth, but hoarse with his coughing with a hint of imperiousness.

"Where am I? What... Oh Dragons, what am I?"

Last edited by Sparda219; 13th of July, 2011 at 11:59.
  #30  
Unread 13th of July, 2011, 23:46
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
Indigo scrambles up from the ground at this display and is then frozen in place at what she sees. Her first impulse is to help the boy up from the ground - but all manner of reason within her says to destroy what could obviously be some abomination of the Malfeas. As she stands frozen, her anima is dying down slowly, giving the boy an easier look at her, though her eyes are still obscured by a blazing caste mark. Her mouth is open, and she turns to Silver Wind with a look of bewilderment.

People are starting to ease out of their hiding places. A few are standing in doorways, wondering what danger could possibly still be lurking with the demons gone.

[OOC: Both Silver Wind and Indigo have their anima banners reduced by one level (8-10) motes]
  #31  
Unread 14th of July, 2011, 04:11
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.29 per day)
Silver Wind could only stand and blink stupidly for several seconds after the "emergence" of a boy. It wasn't even on the list of things she had expected to happen, and her mind was simultaneously trying to reel in shock and think things through logically. But, as with almost all things that caused her mind to temporarily shut down in confusion her heart took over.

With her anima fading but still shimmering around her she walked forwards, approaching the boy with a mix of confusion and concern on her face. Stopping several feet away, a bit of concern for her safety belatedly entering her mind, and she gave him a quick once over. No obvious injuries, no blatant abnormalities, no signs of struggle even. Just a distraught boy who seemed to have no idea what was going on.

Moving forward the last few steps, Silver Wind placed her bow and arrow in one hand and then knelt down next to the boy. Placing her free hand on his shoulder reassuringly, a look of calm comfort went across her face. "It's okay," she said soothingly. "You're safe now. Can you tell me your name?"

Last edited by red_dr4g0n94; 14th of July, 2011 at 04:17.
  #32  
Unread 14th of July, 2011, 10:00
Sparda219's Avatar
Sparda219
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Member: #389
Location: California
Posts: 297 (0.06 per day)
The boy shook his head, letting it settle into a fairly wild, if short, mop on his head. The liquid from his chrysalis dried quickly once exposed to the air, and the light. That damned LIGHT, what was up with it? The boy hissed and covered his eyes more thoroughly, it was like coming outside from being in a very dark room, but you couldn't adjust your eyes to the brightness at all. He felt an unfamiliar touch on his cool shoulder and he flinched from it.

"What? Uh... Flicker. Call me that. Why is it so BRIGHT out here, where am I?"

He didn't sound scared, or concerned for his safety. Nervous, maybe, but there was a certain energy behind it. He couldn't be sure what that demon had done to him really, but besides the light he liked it!
  #33  
Unread 14th of July, 2011, 14:52
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.29 per day)
Silver Wind smiled at the young man, though with his eyes closed he probably couldn't see it. "Flicker," she said warmly, as if that gave her some sort of comfort. Her hand squeezed his shoulder a little, not hard but to convey reassurance. "My name is Silver Wind. You are in a range town in the Marukan Alliance. As for the brightness, it is the middle of the Fire season just after midday."

She didn't really want to mention her anima yet, though she knew she would have to explain it and her caste mark to at least the townsfolk. One battle at a time.

"Are you hurt," she asked, concern mixed with anxiousness in her voice. "Do you want to go inside?"
  #34  
Unread 15th of July, 2011, 16:32
Sparda219's Avatar
Sparda219
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Member: #389
Location: California
Posts: 297 (0.06 per day)
He really couldn't see anything, even with his eyes closed the regular sunlight wasn't bothering them but both of the figures, women from their voices, were burning with a light that hurt his eyes on a deeper level, made him just want to SNUFF the light out. He didn't flinch from her touch this time and instead leaned in a bit closer, nodding an affirmative at her question. He needed something to see but still shade his eyes from the light.

"Argh, yes, yes take me inside, anything to get outta this light! It's awful!"

It was kind of a stupid thought, right, because it was just the sun but... It felt like it HATED him, somehow. He reached out until he snagged part of Silver Wind's clothing.

"Silver Wind, huh? I guess I'll have to have you lead me for now."
  #35  
Unread 16th of July, 2011, 00:43
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
Indigo watches Silver Wind help the boy off the ground, watches her start to lead him towards shelter. The water aspect, still radiant with blue light, steps into her path.

"Wait…" She meets Silver Wind's gaze. "I don't like this. Don't let appearances deceive you." She shoots the Solar a knowing look.

Nearby, the townspeople are starting to emerge from hiding. Some chatter, curious about these strange magical beings. Others start to cry out in grievance for the dead, who still lay scattered across the square. What guards still remain start to eye the three of you warily, unsure whether to approach or not.
  #36  
Unread 22nd of July, 2011, 03:24
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.29 per day)
Silver Wind stopped at Indigo's words, knowing that the other woman had a point. She was more experienced in these sort of occult matters, and even Silver Wind had to admit there was a kernel of suspicion in her mind at the boy. But when she looked at him, his eyes squinted in an attempt to keep from being blinded, those suspicions couldn't find a hold.

Unfortunately the townsfolk were another matter. Rescued or not, fellow Marukan they might be, but she was an Anathema to them. More worrisome was the fact that she wasn't that far from home, and someone here might recognize her any second. She wasn't ready for that. Not yet.

"Fine, I'll comprimise with you," she said, placing her bow across her back again. Reaching down to grasp Flicker's hand she started walking towards the gate. "Let's get out of here first, then once we're a ways away from here we figure things out." Without waiting for an answer she beckoned Kheervis over with her other hand.

"Kheervis," she whispered, not wanting her voice to carry to the townsfolk. "Go find that horse that we met earlier, and lead him and whoever else he managed to round up back here. Then come find us." After the Finest ran off, she looked down at the squinting boy, a pang of sympathy hitting her. Taking her hat off she placed it on his head. "This should help with keeping the sun out."
  #37  
Unread 28th of July, 2011, 19:21
Sparda219's Avatar
Sparda219
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Member: #389
Location: California
Posts: 297 (0.06 per day)
Flicker's eyes remained shut tight, hair glinting in the sun. He didn't like this one bit! Getting led around by some strange glowing Anathema lady and her strange glowing Anathema ladyfriend. Stupid sun was too bright. People were probably staring because he was NAKED and why wasn't the lady doing anything about that? He covered himself with the hand she wasn't holding (much to his embarrassment). He had to let her guide him though, he couldn't see and he couldn't have navigated around here by himself even if he could have.

"Getting out of here sounds fine to me, long as we can get somewhere my dragon isn't going to be swinging free in front of everybody!"

It's not that he was modest. At all. (He thought himself rather impressive down there!) He just didn't like being naked against his own terms! Well, mostly naked as suddenly he had a hat on his head. He opened his eyes cautiously in the shade, the inky glittering irises vivid with how small his pupils were dilated.

"Uhhh right, thanks. That's actually really nice of you. Ummm, Well... Let's go then? I just want to go and... figure out like everything."
  #38  
Unread 29th of July, 2011, 13:25
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
27th of Resplendent Fire, Realm Year 768 - Night

The cool night air is a refreshing change from the scorching midday heat. Sitting round a small campfire, the four of you munch on a late dinner after making some distance. The townspeople had quickly scrounged up some simple clothes that would fit the boy before you all made a hasty departure. It was the only kindness they ever offered in exchange for saving their lives.

On the other side of the flames, the sorceress does not eat, instead occupying herself with cleaning her knives of demon's blood. She eyes Flicker warily.
  #39  
Unread 31st of July, 2011, 11:32
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.29 per day)
Kheervis grazed out past the firelight, alert but not especially worried about anything attacking here. Silver Wind meanwhile drank some ale to wash down her evening meal, then looked from Indigo, who was unsubtly cleaning her weapons, over to Flicker.

A mysterious boy, sensitive to sunlight, who had emerged not hours before from a cocoon born by a demon marauding through the nearby village. Certainly there was more than a mere boy before her, but was there any guarantee they could believe whatever he told them?

"So, Flicker, where are you from? You speak in Riverspeak but I cannot quite place your accent."
  #40  
Unread 1st of August, 2011, 09:32
Sparda219's Avatar
Sparda219
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Member: #389
Location: California
Posts: 297 (0.06 per day)
The townspeople had managed to find clothes but they weren't in much better repair than what Flicker had been wearing before being wrapped in that egg thing.

"Chrysalis? Oh. That's a tough word. Chrysalis... Grotesk? Grotesque? Wierd."

They'd tried to give him some shoes too but they'd been too big and Flicker didn't care for shoes anyway. Kept your feet from gripping anything right and they were too loud too. Barefoot was quicker and quieter and you didn't have to keep buying new shoes because your feet wouldn't wear out.

...Wait, had Flicker been talking to himself?

He looked up suddenly, chewing a mouthful of flat bread from supper, ears perked. There was definitely a voice but it wasn't in his ears, it was in his head. No not his head it wasn't high enough for that in his hearing, it was like it was in the core of his body somehow. Somehow it also didn't scare him or surprise him, it kind of felt like it was supposed to be there. It was definitely whispering some helpful things to him, little facts about himself... About what he could do now... He was an Infernal. Exalted. An Anathema?

Oh. He was being talked to. He looked up at Silver Wind and stopped mumbling to himself, blinking blankly for a minute before what she asked registered. He swallowed his bread and smiled charmingly, black eyes glittering in the firelight. He'd obviously felt much better since night had fallen.

"Oh, uh, yeah... I'm from the southeastern edge of the inner sea. This place called Marafa, a Realm Satrapy."

Though the Satrap was having health problems now, the boy added to himself. No, to his new little passenger. It seemed amused indeed. He wanted to call it something... He'd have to think of a name.
  #41  
Unread 5th of August, 2011, 00:34
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.29 per day)
Silver Wind shot a quick glance over at Indigo, then turned back to Flicker with a slight creasing of her eyebrows. That Flicker kept mumbling to himself struck her as somewhat rude, but she decided to ignore it for the moment. It was probably time to start digging a little deeper.

"That must have been quite a trip since I've never heard of Marafa before. I'm surprised that they even taught Riverspeak there. Did you come this far north with a caravan, or any family?"
  #42  
Unread 6th of August, 2011, 19:35
Sparda219's Avatar
Sparda219
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Member: #389
Location: California
Posts: 297 (0.06 per day)
Well. Flicker wasn't about to mention that growing up at the feet of whores the great trade language was the one they spoke most to get the most traveling clients into bed, therefore that's what he knew. He furrowed his brow.

"Uh... Well... Yeah I don't actually remember coming here. There was this shiny bug on my belly when I woke up in the middle of the night and it told me, yeah it talked, it told me that all I had to do was agree and it would give me power. So, well, I agreed. Next thing I know I'm breaking out of the egg-chrysalis thing and you people are there and it's super bright."

He shrugged.

"So I don't know why I'm all the way over here."

Last edited by Sparda219; 7th of August, 2011 at 04:55.
  #43  
Unread 10th of August, 2011, 02:18
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.29 per day)
Silver Wind's eyes went wide at Flicker's tale, disbelief momentarily overriding any sort of thought. Then her eyes narrowed and she couldn't help but rest her hand on the pommel of her sword.

Who is this boy? He just admitted to taking some sort of deal for power, from what could possibly have been a demon? What is he that he warrants being carried by several demons to Hiparkes-knows-where?

Obviously Flicker was no mere boy who just happened to ahve had the misfortunate of a demonic abduction. So what was he?

"And just what was it Flicker," Silver Wind said, her voice dark and with a hint of anxiousness to it. "That you agreed to for this power?"
  #44  
Unread 12th of August, 2011, 13:35
Sparda219's Avatar
Sparda219
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Member: #389
Location: California
Posts: 297 (0.06 per day)
He knew that must have sounded crazy but that's what happened! Sure he said some things to it but he didn't MEAN them... he didn't think. Flicker lied as a natural defense, as easy as breathing. He was very pretty, inhumanly charming and had a tongue so sharp you could cut steel with it but he also didn't look particularly trustworthy even in the best of times and when it came to talking on the level with people, sharing his FEELINGS? He didn't do that so well. Lying was easier. He could be who he wanted when he lied.

"I wanted to know too! It was kind of vague and mysterious, but ya know, I'm me. I figured I'd just get out of it and scarper off with some cool powers."


Half-truths always made the best sorts of lies.
  #45  
Unread 13th of August, 2011, 13:38
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
The conversation is interrupted by a sudden, loud thunk as a sharpened blade sinks deep into the tree just inches from where Flicker sits. "I've heard enough."

Indigo draws herself up slowly, every ounce of wrath peering out from between the shadows of her eyes in the firelight, her voice soft but frigid cold. "So you thought you'd just 'scarper off' with some 'cool powers'? …Thought you'd just cut and run… and get away with it?"

She shakes her head and looks down into the fire. "You're only a child… but it doesn't matter. It's such a shame." She looks back up directly at Flicker. "What you've given up… is your right to walk Creation. Your soul. You're one of them now…"

Her eyes widen, the flames dancing on her lashes. "It's time to go back to where you belong."

Tick 0

"Goodbye."

Lacuna motions, the same gesture she used to send the Erymanthoi burning back to the Malfeas - the same that signified the victory of creation against its enemies. Her caste mark glows brilliantly, brighter than the fire itself as Flicker is engulfed in blue-white light. A sickly green light emerges in response, surrounding Flicker in the color of his second breath. Flicker can hear the voice screaming in rage within him. A twisted mark pulses on the boy's forehead, like a beating second heart, once, twice, then three times - and on the third, there is an audible snap as the magic is broken. The surrounding trees moan in protest as they are pushed outward and Indigo is hurled backward suddenly. The sorceress rolls to a stop several yards away, campfire blown down to its embers. Both caste marks dim lower, just enough to see by. Indigo is covered in dirt, looking confused.

[Join Battle: Indigo: (Pool 5) = 5(10,9,8,6,5) 4X]
[Join Battle: Flicker: (Pool 4) = 4(10,4,4,3) 2X]
[Join Battle: Silver Wind: (Pool 3) = (6,6,5) 0X]
[Indigo: Emerald Circle Banishment (20 Motes) (3,-1)]
[OOC: Indigo has no further combat actions that she wants to take, so combat is over unless someone wishes for it to continue]

Last edited by Erendiox; 13th of August, 2011 at 13:40.
  #46  
Unread 15th of August, 2011, 07:33
Sparda219's Avatar
Sparda219
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Member: #389
Location: California
Posts: 297 (0.06 per day)
"...eh?"

Flicker answered ever so eloquently as Indigo started to make accusations and judgements like the dragon-blessed bitch she was. He always hated the dragon-blooded, everyone always saw them as the big shiny heroes and so many were willing to simply look away when they decided it might be fun to kick a child in the streets. And of course when they HIRED you, oh they were never a Dragon-blooded then, oh no. Everyone was willing to bow and scrape and worship because of how powerful they were, because they were born lucky. Disgusting.

"What are you TALKING about you crazy bint!? That's the long and short of it! Whaddya mean one of THEM one of..."

Anathema... That's what he was now wasn't he? It took him a while to really think about it and, after all, Flicker had never received a formal education in his life either secular or religious but... He really was an Anathema now! One of the things the Dragon-blooded feared... AWESOME.

Then Indigo... did something. It surrounded him in a light, a light that wasn't his own and then a light that WAS his own struck out against it and kind of shrugged it off. The voice in his head didn't like it though from the screams of terror it was letting out! Then it all BURST and in the aftermath Flicker was left blinking and shaking where he stood.

Flicker SCRAMBLED, scuttling with all the skill of one used to dodging things thrown by grumpy guards. He stood and swung himself behind the tree, still glowing with that baleful emerald radiance.

"HEY! What the HELL!? I didn't do anything and then you try to use some weird witchcraft on me? I always knew you dragon-bloods were rotten villains in the end, just like anyone with the power to push anyone else around!"

(OOC: Flicker is hiding and taking no combat actions.)

Last edited by Erendiox; 15th of August, 2011 at 08:20.
  #47  
Unread 15th of August, 2011, 10:16
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.29 per day)
"Enough."

The tone was hard, matching the look in Silver Wind's eyes, but it was not shouted or even raised. She rose up sedately from her seat, and she glanced between the two, her Caste Mark glowing. Inside her mind was reeling, wondering what had just happened and what it could mean, but nothing was going to come from antagonizing anyone.

"Flicker," Silver Wind turned towards the tree where a green glow was emitting. Her voice was firm, but no longer hard edged, as if she was speaking to a timid creature. "There is much about you we do not know, but consider what it is we do know of you. You have admitted to accepting power from an entity, either demon or god or something else entirely, in return for some unknown price. You do not recall anything until you emerged from that egg, and yet before that happened you were being transported by three demons who attacked that town, murdering its inhabitants and destroying their livelihood. Even you have to admit we have every right to be suspicious of what it is you are."

Without waiting for a response she turned to look over at Indigo. "And you," she said shaking her head at the Water Aspect. Her voice was that of a mother disappointed by what her child had done. "Despite what we know of him, we do not know for certain that he is a demon. The fact that he is still standing here is a good indication of that, but even before you attacked him we could not be sure. Perhaps his power was given to him by a God, and those demons kidnapped him? I do not doubt that those demons we faced earlier today were vile entities who deserve that label, but if you will recall I too am labeled a Demon under the Immaculate Faith. I know you do not trust me fully yet, nor would I expect you to, but I ask you this; From what you have seen of me so far, which label do I fit under more? A demon, an Anathema, a Deciever? Or an Exalted?"

She shook her head and sat back down at the fire. "I do not expect us to be great friends by the end of this night. I do not even expect the two of you to like each other before the season ends. What I do expect is for both of you to tolerate each other enough for us to get to Golden Plains. I would appreciate it if you respected me enough to respect my decisions. I decided to rescue you, Flicker, and take you from that town, because I do not believe they would be inclined to show you any kindness. I decided the same thing for you, Indigo, for much the same reasons. And I still stand by them."

She looked between the two for a moment, then let out a sigh and held out both her hands. "All I ask of you tonight is to swear me this. Neither of you will intentionally harm one another until we reach Golden Plains."

[OOC: Beginning Social Combat if need be. Social attack against both Flicker & Indigo to make them agree to the oath, which I believe is 1 attack since she is referring to both of them at the same time. Otherwise she'll go for Flicker first and Indigo second. Spending 4 personal and 4 peripheral motes on 2nd Presence Excellency. Will roll for only 1 attack.]
[Social attack: Charisma + Presence = 9 (10 10 8 5 5 4 3 3 2) 5 + 4 = 9 successes]
  #48  
Unread 15th of August, 2011, 11:22
Sparda219's Avatar
Sparda219
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Member: #389
Location: California
Posts: 297 (0.06 per day)
Flicker frowns as he looks out from behind the tree at Silver Wind speaking, crossing his arms and pouting.

"You sure are making yourself comfortable with making decisions for us, ya know... But I wasn't even gonna attack her! With what?! Sure I was a thief, I won't deny that, but I never hurt anyone... So okay, I swear."

He shrugged irritably and huffed.

"Not like it's the first time a Dragon attacked me for no good reason. Other than sex anyway."

He shrugs more casually this time, like the memory was no big deal. To him it really wasn't.
  #49  
Unread 2nd of September, 2011, 14:09
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
Indigo picks herself up as Silver Wind speaks, grasping at the shoulder she landed on and grimacing a little.

… swear me this… Neither of you will intentionally harm one another until we reach golden plains…

Indigo opened her mouth to protest. She had leagues to say, but somehow she didn't feel she was in any position to argue. What the boy said had been true - She had attacked him without any real warrant. In her mind, she was the upright sorcerer, and he a dirty, hell-stricken spawn of the Yozis. But the spell had failed, a spell that should have banished any other Demon. Why?

What are you really boy? I need to know…

She found herself staring at the floor and suddenly realized that both of them were still waiting for an answer. She shot Flicker a foul look and spoke one word.

"Fine."

Silver Wind's anima glowed forth, and the words of the agreement circled overhead, hidden mouths whispering the pact over and over… and then silence.



5th of Descending Fire, Realm Year 768 - Afternoon



Your travels this day bring you through the Marukan Redoubt for supplies - A military outpost that grew into something much more. The outer walls are tall and thick. Inside the walls, trade is bustling. Underlying the liveliness of the town, a strict, Lookshyan culture keeps things in check. The military is very present here.

The local grocer is rather talkative. Indigo can hardly get from the bananas to the rye bread without hearing yet another bundle of useless local gossip. Suddenly this emerges from his enormous mouth.

"And you should have been here last week! Dragons, you missed an awful scare." His voice grows a little more quiet, though really not much more… "One of the soldiers caught one of them… forsaken, snooping around the grounds. Demon started glowing all up to high heaven! Swear, it was so bright, you could read by it you could!" He takes another swig out of a mystery flask, grins, and continues. "It up and jumped out a window and went running due south. Hasn't been seen since." He seems to take some great satisfaction in leaving the story open ended.
  #50  
Unread 6th of September, 2011, 16:15
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.29 per day)
Forsaken?

Silver Wind looked up from the bags of oats she was inspecting, her shock evident on her face. She blinked a couple of times at the grocer, then let her eyes go wide as she turned fully to him.

"A Forsaken? Are you sure? No one was hurt where they?"
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 11:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren