Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Erendiox's Games > A New Age

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 25th of May, 2011, 13:25
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
Prologue - Silver Wind and Flicker

27th of Resplendent Fire, Realm Year 768 - Midday

It's hot. Uncomfortably hot. In the days leading up to Creation's summer peak, Silver Wind treks southward on horseback through Marukan's open range. The air is sticky during the days, cool during the evenings, an ever expansive world of forests, streams, and fields stretched out before her in all directions. It's been exactly two months and three days since she departed the Hundred Kingdoms.

An unlikely companion joins her. Indigo, a sorceress from the Hundred Kingdoms, trails behind Kheervis' lead. She can ride a horse well enough to avoid embarrassing herself, but Silver Wind can tell she's not used to such an extended trek. She wears simple white cloth garb for the trip. The only distinguishing piece of clothing she wears is an amulet around her neck. A jewel the size of a child's fist rests at her chest, a deep, dark blue that matches her eyes. Her hair, in stark contrast, is a fiery red, which she wears in short bangs that fall around her ears and eyes.

Indigo lets out a long drawn breath and turns her head to the sky, stretching her neck and letting out a groan. Her words are half joking - This wouldn't be her first inquiry, and probably not her last.

"Remind me again… How much further is it? At this rate I think I may never stop smelling like this horse… ever."

She squints into the sunlight, as if expecting to see their final destination on the horizon.

"I still think the inland sea route would have been faster. Not that I don't love horseback and all…"
  #2  
Unread 25th of May, 2011, 14:02
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.28 per day)
Silver Wind laughed, a light lilting sound, at her companion's repeated inquiries. Kheervis, for his part, once again nickered his opinion of the Exalt's dislike of horses to his rider. Lifting her hat off her head she ran her fingers through her hair, which was flowing freely at the moment, to get the sweat out. Placing it back she half turned her body to look back at Indigo.

"Despite what you may have heard Indigo, I'm not going to attack you simply because you don't like horses. It's not your fault you weren't raised a Marukan after all." The grin on Silver Wind's face showed she was merely teasing, though there was enough sincerity in her voice to leave no doubt as to her opinion of non-Marukans.

"Besides," she said, lifting herself up and twirling about on Kheervis so she sat backwards on the Finest. "All the rivers through Marukan are shallow, barely deep enough to get up to your chest. There's no place for boats, except for the Grey which flows in the wrong direction. And Golden Plains is on the eastern side of Marukan so taking the inland sea route would not only cost more but take just about as long."

She tilted her head slightly. "I don't see what you have against horses though. I mean you obviously know how to ride one, and they are magnificent creatures. I've had more friends who are horses than people, as have a lot of Marukans I know."

Last edited by red_dr4g0n94; 26th of May, 2011 at 00:50.
  #3  
Unread 26th of May, 2011, 03:13
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
"Yea, well learning how wasn't exactly my choice." She said, her eyes not coming off the horizon. She squints harder. "Do you see something? Or is the heat playing tricks on me?"

[Indigo: Awareness (Pool 6) = 6(9,6,6,5,1,1) 1X <adequate>]
[Silver Wind: Awareness (Pool 4) = 4(9,9,8,5) 3X <remarkable>]
[OOC: Silver Wind can see that it is a horse coming round the next bend in full gallop. It seems spooked for some reason.]
  #4  
Unread 26th of May, 2011, 03:34
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.28 per day)
Silver Wind knitted her eyebrows as she looked back. Squinting, she adjusted herself so she was facing forward again, and thanks to her hat keeping the sun from her eyes she did indeed see something.

"It's a horse," she said. She looked harder and saw that it was going full bore. "Uh-oh. I don't see a rider." Wondering what could have happened, Silver Wind nudged Kheervis and soon they were in a full gallop towards the other steed.

"Get right up next to him Kheervis. I'm going to try and see if I can't jump over."

[OOC: Silver Wind is going to try and jump over to the other horse and get control of it to calm it down.]

Last edited by Erendiox; 26th of May, 2011 at 04:22.
  #5  
Unread 26th of May, 2011, 04:24
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
"Hey hey! Wait for me!" Shouts Indigo, as she halfheartedly brings her mount into a slow gallop.

Kheervis rockets toward the rogue horse, actually thankful for the chance to open up and stretch his legs. Soon you're right alongside it, matching pace. Silver Wind leans and then leaps gracefully across, taking hold of both the reins and stirrups in one quick motion. The horse fights her initially, but she knows what to do.

[Silver Wind: Dex/Ride (Pool 9) = 9(10,10,8,6,6,5,4,3,2) 5X vs Difficult <remarkable>]
[OOC: Silver Wind can calm the horse without a roll (Cha/Ride 11 vs Difficulty 1)]

  #6  
Unread 26th of May, 2011, 05:20
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.28 per day)
Silver Wind pulled on the reins as the horse kept running with her on it. "Whooooooa there! Whoa boy, settle down." Silver Wind continued pulling and putting all the command in her voice she could, until finally the horse came to a stop. "There," she said as she let go of the reins and stroked his neck. "That wasn't so hard was it?"

"Kheervis," she said to the Finest next to her, "what has him so spooked? He's terrified, I can feel it."
  #7  
Unread 26th of May, 2011, 09:06
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
Kheervis slowly nestles his head against the other horses mane, it still panting from exertion. A moment passes.

Strange things came… They killed townsfolk and set fire to their village.

The finest looks off to the west. Three more horses are dotting the edge of the horizon, running fast in the same direction.

He says they're not human.

Indigo slows to a trot as she finally catches up. "What's going on?"

Last edited by Erendiox; 2nd of June, 2011 at 04:03.
  #8  
Unread 26th of May, 2011, 11:44
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.28 per day)
"Gods dammit all," Silver Wind swore under her breath as she saw three more horses vacating the area. "Kheervis," she said as she vaulted off the still terrified steed. "Tell him to get away from here, gather up the rest of his herd as best he's able, then wait for you to come and find them." She hoisted herself back up onto the Finest then turned to Indigo as Kheervis relayed her words.

"According this horse something's attacking the range town." Silver Wind grabbed her voluminous hair and pulled it straight. "It's apparently killing or killed everyone already. And they're not human." She pulled a band out from her pocket and wrapped it around the end of her hair, making sure it wouldn't get in the way now.

She then pulled off her hat as she drew the bow from her back, placing her hat back on once it was off. "C'mon, I'll teach them not to mess with Marukans." Her voice had lost its calming qualities and was now cooly confident "We aren't exactly poor fighters so whoever this is is pretty good, but I doubt they're able to take on a pair of Exalted."

With that Silver Wind kicked Kheervis into a full gallop down the road towards where the smoke was starting to rise.
  #9  
Unread 26th of May, 2011, 13:00
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
Indigo steadies a gallop alongside Silver Wind. Her joking tone is gone.

"You hired me to build a manse, not to fight injustice... And these aren't my people..."

She turns to meet her gaze. "You assume too much of me Silver Wind. I'm not sticking my neck out like this."
  #10  
Unread 26th of May, 2011, 13:39
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.28 per day)
Silver Wind throws a glare at Indigo, a reflexive gesture that quickly fades to grim determination. "You're an Exalted, Chosen to defend Creation aren't you? No matter," she says before Indigo can reply to that. "There may be people left who are in danger and now is not the time for this discussion. If you are unwilling to help me save them than either gather up the rest of the horses or wait here. I'm going."

With that said she hunches over, bow held tight in one hand and the reins clutched in the other. "Hurry Kheervis," she pleads softly to the Finest.
  #11  
Unread 31st of May, 2011, 15:01
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
Indigo makes a face, grumbling to herself. Before she can say anything, you both see a small town over the next rise. It's the typical Marukan township, built of wood and stone, and in a square shape with no windows facing the outside. The town sits on the edge of a lake, with two sides of the town bordering it. The other sides are surrounded by rolling fields peppered with rocks and small trees.

There are several small pillars of smoke rising up to the sky. Two guards can be seen standing post rigidly at the entrance. The door to the town is shut. As you approach closer, one holds up his hand.

"Halt there! Turn back please... I'm afraid no-one is allowed in or out of the city at this time."

[Silver Wind: Awareness (Pool 4) = 4(7,4,1,1) 1X]

  #12  
Unread 1st of June, 2011, 03:25
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.28 per day)
Silver Wind narrowed her eyes at this, disbelief and curiosity mixing together at this blatantly out of place message. But more than anything she felt disgust at the two guards who were obviously paid, terrified, or just plain stupid. In any case, she wasn't about to let them stop her.

"Are you daft," she shouted as she pulled Kheervis to a halt one handed, her other fingering her bow. "Open the gates and let us through to help those still inside!" Pulling down into that warmth inside her she put command and magic behind her voice. "NOW!"

[OOC: Charisma + Presence to convince them to open the door. Spending 4 motes on 2nd presence excellency for 2 successes.]
  #13  
Unread 1st of June, 2011, 06:45
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
The guard freezes, struck for words for a moment, then openly afraid, regardless of whether Silver Wind intended to be intimating or not. He turns toward the wall and shouts.

"Op... Open the gates!"

The gates shudder and start to dolly open horizontally. The second guard turns to Silver Wind before you pass through.

"There are devils inside... They threatened us not to let any outsiders in... We all have families here..."

[Silver Wind: Presence (Pool 9 + Stunt 2) = 11(10,10,9,7,7,6,5,4,3,2,1) 7X + 2X = 9X vs MDV4 <Phenominal>]
[Silver Wind +2 motes]

Last edited by Erendiox; 1st of June, 2011 at 11:19.
  #14  
Unread 1st of June, 2011, 10:40
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.28 per day)
Devils

What could that be? She would probably be considered an even worse being, if these people saw her Caste Mark. But people were in danger, so there was no time for worries, doubts, or introspection. Guiding Kheervis with her knees, she drew a broadhead arrow and set it in her bow, trotting up to the guard who had spoken about their families.

She looked down at the man, an expression of determination on her face. She tried to exude cool confidence as she spoke, her magic still flowing through her voice, as she sought to calm these guards nerves and redeem them in their own eyes.

"So help me save them."

[OOC: Will make another Charisma + Presence roll if necessary to convince the guards to help her fight off the "devils". Will spend 2 more motes on 2nd Presence excellency]
  #15  
Unread 1st of June, 2011, 23:32
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
The guard turns to his comrade, motioning with his hands.

"She's right. We can't just sit here and wait for them to kill us."

"But they said they'd…"

"Let us go? Do you really believe that?"

The guard turns back to Silver Wind, lifting his spear to ready. "We're with you."

[OOC: No need to roll again, or to spend more motes.]
  #16  
Unread 2nd of June, 2011, 01:27
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.28 per day)
"I'm glad to hear it," Silver Wind said, her voice softening just noticably. "I'm sure your families will be too. Let's go Kheervis," she said as she nudged the Finest into the town, and whatever "devils" awaited them.
  #17  
Unread 2nd of June, 2011, 12:33
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
Silver Wind, Indigo, and three mortal guards cross through the gates and down a beaten path that leads into a central point of the town. The space between the buildings opens up into a courtyard. There is a fountain at its center, with stone floors extending around it in an intricate pattern. Numerous shops and other buildings serve as the outer rim, with a smattering of other smaller paths that lead deeper into the town.

The courtyard is in shambles. Several small wagons have been toppled, smashed or burned and their goods litter the floor. There are a few small, active fires, both on the courtyard floor and spattered across the sides of the surrounding buildings. The faces of citizens can just barely be seen peering from shutters and between the cracks of doors.

More than half a dozen armed guards are dead. Their bodies are spread across the floor, some horribly mutilated. A Marukan horse sits atop the fountain, forcibly impaled through the heart by the pointed outcrop at the fountain's center. Thick red blood runs down its matted mane, mixing with dirty water, and overflowing onto the stone insignias.

A beast drinks from it, gulping down the gore with enthusiasm. It's huge, shaped just like an ape, with spiny, bone-like outcroppings on its back. Its fur is tinted crimson, like the color dripping from its gaping maw. It turns to Silver Wind in the distance, its red hot eyes meeting hers with only rage and contempt.

Two other ape-like creatures accompany it. One is sifting through the rubble in the distance. The other, closest, is feasting off one of the dead guards. It turns to the gatekeeper, who stands next to Indigo and emits what sounds like very mangled riverspeak. It struggles to make out words, with blood still dripping from its mouth, and only manages to bark them like an animal, getting angrier with every iteration.

"I thought I told you… to KEEP…. EVERYONE…. OOOUT!"

Indigo's eyes go wide with horror, her breathing heavy. She whispers fast and frantic, openly afraid now, not taking her eyes off the beasts.

"Silver Wind these are real demons. They'll kill us. We need to get out of here. We need to get out of here NOW."
  #18  
Unread 2nd of June, 2011, 14:12
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.28 per day)
Silver Wind didn't hear Indigo. She didn't even hear the demons. Her eyes were locked on the carnage, of the way the guards lay splayed and bleeding, their life gone. Of the fearful gazes of people locked in fear in their houses, who had to know that their shelters were temporary at best. Of the horse impaled on the fountain, its coat stained and its eyes dead.

Her own eyes were wide open, but when she finally looked at the demon that spoke there was no fear in them. Her green eyes held only fury, the rage inside her so great that she couldn't recall ever having been so angry.

She couldn't even scream it out, for she couldn't think of any words to encompass what she was feeling.

With a suddenness that would have surprised her if she had been more lucid, Silver Wind pulled the arrow in her hand back across her bow. Magic filled her arm and she let it fly towards the one that had spoken. Even as she released that arrow though she had grabbed another, and with the string still humming she knocked that one back and released it.

[OOC: Making two attacks with the 1st Archery Excellency, 6 motes each. Dexterity (3) + Archery (3) + 1st Excellency (6) + Accuracy (2) + Specialty (on horseback) (1) = 15.
1st attack (Broadhead) 15 - 2 (multiple actions) = 13 (9, 9, 8, 7, 6, 6, 5, 5, 4, 4, 3, 2, 2) 4X
2nd Attack (Target) 15 - 3 (multiple actions) = 12 (10, 9, 9, 8, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 4, 3, 3) 7X
Speed 6, -2 DV
12 motes: 11 personal, 1 peripheral]
  #19  
Unread 6th of June, 2011, 03:44
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
The beast steps aside with unnatural speed, especially considering its massive size. The first arrow flies by harmlessly. The second lands home, lodging itself deep in the beast's shoulder. It bawls in anger, so loud that the entire courtyard rattles. Silver Wind's caste mark begins to glitter.

[Silver Wind: Stunt Dice 2(7,3) 1X] -> [Silver Wind: Attack (Broadhead) 4X +1X = 5X vs DV5 <failure>]
[Silver Wind: Stunt Dice 2(5,4) nil] -> [Third Erymanthoi: First Dodge Excellency 2(9,1) +1DV] -> [Silver Wind: Attack (Target) 7X vs DV6 <competent>]
[Silver Wind: Damage (3 + Strike 1 - Soak 3) = 1(8) 1L Damage]


Join Battle
[Silver Wind 4(5,5,3,3) <failure>]
[Indigo: 5(9,3,2,2,1) <competent>]
[Mortals: 4(6,3,3,1) <failure>]
[First Erymanthus: 6(10,7,5,5,3,2) <remarkable>]
[Second Erymanthus: 6(8,7,6,3,3,1) <superior>]
[Third Erymanthus: 6(10,8,8,6,5,4) <astonishing>]


Tick 0

The beast closest pulls the arrow from its shoulder, tossing it aside, and breaks into a wild charge, teeth bared, towards Silver Wind.

[Third Erymanthus: Dash(3,-2)]
[Distance 30]


Tick 1

Turning from its meal, the beast in the distance sees Silver Wind's caste mark and its existing anger multiplies tenfold. Eyes wide, it too charges in a rage toward the now revealed lawgiver.

[First Erymantus: Perception 6(10,9,8,7,6,2) = 5X vs Difficult <remarkable>]
[First Erymanthus: Dash(3,-2)]
[Distance 40]


Tick 2

The last keenly steps aside, moving toward the edge of the courtyard. The door to a large building is just yards from its reach.

[Second Erymanthus: Move (0,none)]
[This demon will arrive at its destination in 6 ticks on tick 8]
[Distance 50]


Tick 3

The space between Silver Wind and the demon is crossed in mere seconds, the vile stench of blood hitting her like a wall of bricks. A glitter off of her forehead tells the demon just how sweet this woman's blood will be to drink. His claws flash out, reaching for her flesh with unnatural speed. She ducks and twists away. Kheervis whinnies in protest.

Indigo, in the same moment, emerges with a blade from the vast expanses of her robes. She raises it high in the air, hilt first, and with a shout sends it descending down deep into the creature's neck.

[Third Erymanthus: Perception 6(9,9,8,8,4,1) 4X vs Standard <remarkable>]
[Third Erymanthus: Principle of Motion(6,-1) (Essence 2 + 1 Attacks)]
[Third Erymanthus: Claw 9(9,9,5,4,4,4,1,1,1) 2X -1X (Mounted) = 1X vs DV5 <miss>]
[Third Erymanthus: Claw 9(10,9,5,5,5,3,3,2,2) 3X -1X (Mounted) = 2X vs DV4 <miss>]
[Third Erymanthus: Claw 9(8,6,5,5,4,2,1,1,1)] 2X -1X (Mounted) = 1X vs DV3 <miss>]
[Indigo: First Thrown Excellency (2 Motes)] -> [Indigo: Attack(4,-1) (Pool 8 + Excellency 4 + Weapon 1) = 13(10,10,10,10,9,8,8,5,5,3,2,1,1) 11X vs DV5 <competent dragon>]
[Indigo: Damage (Strength 3 + Weapon 2 + Strike 6 - Soak 6) = 5(9,8,7,4,3) 3L Damage]
[Third Erymanthus: Knockdown Check 10() <success>]



Last edited by Erendiox; 16th of June, 2011 at 00:35.
  #20  
Unread 9th of June, 2011, 03:30
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.28 per day)
Tick 4

"We all have families here."

Silver wind narrowed her eyes as one of the demons moved closer to one of the buildings instead of charging them.

"Silver Wind these are real demons. They'll kill us."

Then the stench of blood fills her, as the demon she shot barrels towards her full bore. Its claws slice towards her, magic and rage making it move faster than the eye can possibly see. Reflexes, training, and her own newly Chosen status save her as she twists in her saddle around the blows.

"So help me save them."

Sitting back up straight as Lacuna assaults the demon, Silver Wind's eyes lock back on the lone demon ignoring them. Something dangerous and unfamiliar flashes through her as she raised her bow and kicks Kheervis into motion. Another target arrow appears in her hand, and it flys from the bow towards the demon.

"You're an Exalted, Chosen to defend Creation aren't you?"

Moving the Finest towards the doorway, Silver Wind raced to get there before the demon.

[OOC: Making a move or a dash action, whichever she needs to get to the door before the demon does. Making an archery attack with a target arrow. SW will use the Cover action on the doorway if necessary. Will use Seven Shadow Evasion if attacked]

Last edited by Erendiox; 12th of June, 2011 at 01:27.
  #21  
Unread 12th of June, 2011, 01:53
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
Silver Wind's arrow lodges itself into the creature's forearm - enough to get his attention. It turns to see her and Kheervis barreling toward the doorway at full speed. Meanwhile the last of the beasts is still charging, continuing to chase after Silver Wind as she moves away.

[Silver Wind: Dash(3,-2)]
[Silver Wind: Attack(6,-1) (Pool 9 - Action 4) = 5(10,9,7,4,2) 4X vs DV3 <competent>] -> [Damage (3 + Strike 1 - Soak 3) = 1(2)]
[Silver Wind: Blocade Movement(5,-1)]
[Silver Wind and Kheervis will meet the second demon and contest on Tick 8]
[First Erymanthus: Dash(3,-2)]
[The first demon is not as fast as Kheervis, but will catch up after two more dash actions on tick 10]


Tick 5

The three mortal soldiers, at the sight of this violent rampage, turn tail and flee fearfully into the background. They find solace a nearby building.

[Mortals: Valor Check 2(5,1) vs standard <botch>]
[Mortals - End Combat]


Tick 7

Indigo looks back, her eyes wide as the soldiers abandon her. "No! You must help us! Defend your own homes DAMN YOU!" She screams.

Turning back, she turns and hops off her horse, shouting loose another knife in midair as she lands. The knife strikes deep into its lower neck, an audible snap as the creature's collarbone breaks from the impact. It shrieks out in pain, grasping at the wound with ungainly fingers.

[Indigo: Flurry (6,-2)]
[Indigo: Performance Attack (Pool 5 + Stunt 2 - Action 2) = 5(6,6,5,4,4) vs Difficult <failure>]
[Indigo: First Thrown Excellency (2 Motes)] -> [Attack (Pool 8 + Excellency 4 - Action 3) = 9(10,10,10,9,9,8,6,5,3) 9X vs DV4 <phenominal>] - > [Damage (5 + Strike 5 - Soak 6) = 4(10,8,7,1) 3L Damage]


Tick 8

Kheervis' heaving frame slides into the creature's way, blocking the door. He snorts and takes a firm stance. The demon doesn't hesitate, reaches out and snatches a hold of Kheervis, one massive arm around his front, and the other around his neck. The finest neighs in protest as his massive body is lifted high into the air, rider and all. The demon tosses him aside with force. He flies some 15 unnatural feet through the air, landing rightside up with as much poise as a horse could possibly manage and slides across the dirt another yard or so. Silver Wind, unwilling to give this distance, tumbles forward as Kheervis is thrown, letting the finest pass underneath her. She lands some inches from her foe who has now splintered through the closed door. A collective scream can be heard from the horrified townsfolk inside.

[Silver Wind via Kheervis: (Strength 6 + Athletics 4) = 10(10,7,6,5,5,4,4,3,2,2) 3X] <-> [Second Erymanthus: (Strength 6 + Athletics 4) 10(10,10,8,8,8,5,3,2,1,1) 7X]
[Second Erymanthus: First Martial Arts Excellency (2 Motes)] -> [Clinch (Strength 6 + Martial Arts 4 + Excellency 2) = 12(10,9,7,6,6,6,5,5,4,3,2,2) 4X vs DV1 <remarkable>]
[Second Erymanthus: Break Hold]
[Kheervis: Knockdown Check (Dexterity 3 + Athletics 4) = 9(10,10,9,9,7,5,3) 7X vs Difficult <phenominal>]
[Silver Wind: Dismount Check (Wits 2 + Ride 5) = 7(10,9,8,6,6,4,3) 4X vs Difficult <superior>]


Tick 9

The demon near Indigo is in a wild, blind rage, the smell of blood pulsing from its wounds with every pump of its black heart. It tears at Indigo savagely, the last of its strength and magic in play. Indigo has it, reading its movements and moving gracefully to match. With the injuries slowing it down, even the magic is not enough.

[Third Erymanthus: Principle of Motion(6,-1)]
[Third Erymanthus: Attack (9 - Wounds 2) = 7(9,9,8,7,5,4,3) 4X vs DV6 <failure>]
[Third Erymanthus: Attack (9 - Wounds 2) = 7(10,8,5,5,4,1,1) 3X vs DV5 <failure>]
[Third Erymanthus: Attack (9 - Wounds 2) = 7(5,5,4,4,3,3,2) nil vs DV4 <failure>]



Last edited by Erendiox; 17th of June, 2011 at 13:05.
  #22  
Unread 22nd of June, 2011, 11:42
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.28 per day)
Tick 10

Kheervis shook his mane, more than a little unnerved at what had just happened. These things that stank of blood and chaos were strong, unnaturally so. No creature of mortal might of that size should have been able to throw him about so easily. Despite suffering no injuries from the feat, though his legs told him that it was near thing, he felt a small wound to his pride.

These blood warriors were quite capable of killing him and some small bit of fear entered his heart at the thought of fighting them. But the stench of a fallen runner's blood oozing into the fountain, and the presence of his Rider fighting for all her worth, spurred him to try.

Crashing Waves seemed to be winning her engagement, but another blood warrior was charging towards Silver Wind. Snorting in anger and digging into the ground with his front hoof, Kheervis whinnied a challenge fueled by fear and wounded pride. Charging into a full gallop the Finest rammed into the blood warrior threatening his rider, hoping to crush the foul beast under his hooves.

Meanwhile the first inkling of fear entered Silver Wind's mind as well. The demon had tossed Kheervis aside, tossed him, as if his 2,000 pound frame were just a box of feathers. The thing didn't even stop to watch the results, heaving its bulk underneath her as she dropped from the saddle and crashing through the door. As much as she worried for her friend, the screams of those inside spurred her to action.

Landing on the ground Silver Wind bunched her legs underneath her and sprung with all her might through a nearby window. Crashing through, praying she didn't cut the strings on her bow, she reached back and grasped another target arrow.

"NO," she screamed as she let loose the arrow at the demon, golden trails of essence following in its wake. Landing among the shards of glass her eyes blazed with a green fury.

"You will NOT harm them," her voice rising as stood tall, her anima exploded out from her. Moving incredibly fast she grabbed another arrow, letting it loose with its own billowing waves of magic.

"You will NOT bring more SUFFERING," she howled as another arrow appeared in her hand and flew at the beast with a river of essence behind it. Her Caste Mark shone and her anima blazed, filling the room with the image of a horse, standing tall and proud as if daring the demon to retaliate.

[OOC: Kheervis is attempting a grapple attempt on the first Erymanthus, performing a "crush" attack if he hits. Since the demon was catching up to us anyways I'm assuming that there's only a move action involved.
Silver Wind is using a "move" action to "jump" through the window and making 3 ranged attacks with target arrows. Using 1st Archery excellency, and channeling a WP point through compassion to kill the demon before it harms people.]

[Kheervis: Grapple check(6,-1): Strength 6 + Martial Arts 3 = 9 (10 10 9 9 7 7 6 3 3) 8x]

[Silver Wind: Flurry (6,-3) 2 personal motes, 16 peripheral motes]
[1st attack: Dex 3 + Archery 3 + Accuracy 2 + 1st Excellency 6 + Compassion 4 - Multiple actions 3 = 15(10 9 9 8 8 6 6 6 4 3 2 2 1 1 1) 6x]
[2nd attack: Dex 3 + Archery 3 + Accuracy 2 + 1st Excellency 6 + Compassion 4 - Multiple actions 4 = 14(9 9 8 8 7 7 6 6 6 5 4 4 3 2) 6x]
[3rd attack: Dex 3 + Archery 3 + Accuracy 2 + 1st Excellency 6 + Compassion 4 - Multiple actions 5 = 13(10 10 8 7 6 5 4 4 3 2 2 1
1) 6x]
  #23  
Unread 25th of June, 2011, 15:00
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
Silver Wind's arrows each strike home, plowing into the beast's tough hide. The last arrow stops it in its tracks as it hits square in-between its ribs on the left side. It howls, screaming manically in Old Realm.

Kheervis rears up, moving to strike with his two massive front hooves. The demon lashes out with its claws but ultimately succumbs to the finest's superior size and strength, falls to the floor and is cobbled painfully.

Silver Wind
[Stunt Dice 2(8,4)] -> [Attack 7X vs DV4 <remarkable>] -> [Damage (3 + Strike 3 - Soak 3) = 3(3,4,2)]
[Stunt Dice 2(6,5)] -> [Attack 6X vs DV3 <remarkable>] -> [Damage (3 + Strike 3 - Soak 3) = 3(7,2,1) 1L Damage]
[Stunt Dice 2(7,3)] -> [Attack 7X vs DV2 <phenominal>] -> [Damage (3 + Strike 5 - Soak 3) = 5(10,10,10,7,5) 4L Damage]
[+2 motes]

[First Erymanthus: Attack(5,-1) (Pool 9) = 9(8,8,7,5,4,1,1,1,1) 3X vs DV3 <failure>]
[Kheervis: Clinch(6,-1) 8X vs DV5 <remarkable>] -> [Crush (6 + Strike 3 - Soak 4) = 5(9,6,4,4,2) 1B Damage]

Tick 13

Indigo eyes her foe, two long knives still protruding from vital points on its body. She's panting, not from exhaustion, but from a combination of fear and sheer exhilaration. The demon staggers, then lashes out at her in rage. She grits her teeth, sidesteps, and dashes up an overturned cart onto the creature's arm and shoulder. Pushing off the creature's head she flips backward and inverts in midair. Her head reaches around underneath her torso as she spins, followed by her arms as she lashes out and hurls a third knife down the creature's wide open maw.

The demon's final roar turns to a gurgle as it chokes on the blade, emitting a slushy, pain laden murmur, and then collapses to the floor in a heap. As it strikes the stone pavement, it erupts momentarily into flame, smoke, and dust. Only a pool of blood remains afterward.

[Indigo: First Thrown Excellency (2 Motes)] -> [Attack (Pool 8 + Excellency 4 + Stunt 2) = 14(10,10,8,8,7,7,7,6,6,6,3,3,2,2) 9X vs DV2 <competent dragon>] -> [Damage (5 + Strike 7 - Soak 6) = 6(10,9,8,6,5,2) 3L Damage] [Indigo +2 Motes]


Tick 14

The beast facing Silver Wind looks past the sun child and through the broken window, witnessing its companion's defeat. It turns to the helpless mortals in the room, their backs to the walls in fear, and a cruel sort of cunning crosses its face. It lashes out with great speed, scooping up a young woman in its massive claws and restrains her like a shield. Its claws settle on the base of her neck, grazing it ever so slightly. The girl, maybe 16 years old, is too terrified to scream. Her long, blonde hair is slowly soaking in the blood from the creature's pierced body.

[Second Erymanthus: Clinch(6,-1)]
[Attacks against the Second Erymanthus will suffer a +2 difficulty to Ranged, +1 to Melee, as it is benefitting from 50% cover. Attacks that miss will strike and likely kill the girl]


Last edited by Erendiox; 30th of June, 2011 at 08:53.
  #24  
Unread 1st of July, 2011, 06:33
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.28 per day)
Tick 16

Silver Wind had already grasped another arrow when suddenly the demon made its move. Faster than she could react with her arm out of alignment, the demon now had the ultimate defense: a hostage. Her lips twisted into a snarl, her Anima swirled around her, and her Caste Mark blazed upon her forehead as Silver Wind glared balefully at the demon. But while she lightly strung her arrow across her bow she made no move to point it at the demon, seeing no way to attack it without possibly hitting the girl.

Silver Wind couldn't risk harming or, more likely, killing her. She couldn't live with herself if she did that. And the demon, its eyes glinting in momentary realization and triumph, knew that.

"Let. Her. Go." Silver Wind hissed at the demon, her voice laced with magic. Around her the horse snorted soundlessly and dug its ethereal hoof into her Anima.

Kheervis meanwhile was struggling with the blood warrior beneath his hooves. While his immense stature and strength had managed to barrel the beast over, Kheervis had no illusions that he could hold up to magic for long and the blood warrior's strength was certainly equal to his own.

Whinnying in fake protest, Kheervis stepped back to avoid a weakly delivered blow. As the blood warrior rose from its position Kheervis wheeled about as if to run. But instead of running he hunched forward slightly, powerful muscles bulging as he kicked his opponent with all his Finest strength towards the blood soaked fountain.

[OOC: Silver Wind is making an intimidation attack with Presence, spending 2 motes on the 2nd Presence Excellency for 1 success and then a WP point for another.]
[Intimidation attack (5, -1): Charisma 5 + Presence 4 = 9(10 10 8 8 7 6 6 6 4) 7x + 2x = 9X]

[Kheervis is making another grapple check with the intent of "throwing" the demon towards the fountain.
[Grapple Check (6, -1): Strength 6 + Martial Arts 3 = 9(10 10 10 9 8 3 3 1 1) 8X]
  #25  
Unread 2nd of July, 2011, 07:30
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
The demon facing Silver Wind takes a step back, its eyes wide as it realizes its done something to anger the sun child even further. It resolves to keep holding onto the girl, but suddenly seems extremely hesitant.

Kheervis thrashes out with his rear hoof, sending the creature reeling through the air. Its massive frame decimates the fountain as it collides with the structure, blood stained water and shattered stone flying through the air. It settles, disoriented, in a small crater in the ground, surrounded by a heap of debris.

[Silver Wind: Presence 9X vs MDV3 <competent dragon>]
[Second Erymanthus -1 Willpower]
[Kheervis: Stunt Dice (7,5) +1X]
[First Erymanthus: Grapple Check: 8(10,9,8,6,5,5,3,1) 4X] <-> [Kheervis: Grapple Check 9X]

Tick 17

Indigo turns toward the building enveloped by Silver Wind's anima. Out of the corner of her eye, she just catches the other demon flying through the air and smashing into the fountain. She hesitates for a moment, then sprints toward Silver Wind.

[Indigo: Dash(3,-2)]

Tick 20

With the girl still in its grasp, it takes steps backward out the doorway, barking and rasping at Silver Wind that it will kill the girl if she comes any closer. It leaves a path of dark blood in its wake.

Indigo eyes the demon backing up through the doorway. She dashes off to the side, trying to catch its eyeline.

"Na-e't Yeshamate'!" She shouts.

The demon turns its head, letting out an angry snort, and Indigo seizes her opportunity. Planting her feet in the ground, she locks eyes with it, gesturing with her left hand and the beast freezes in place. Indigo's anima explodes, brilliant waves of blue and white suddenly coruscating around her small figure, her eyes unwavering. The creature's gaze falters, and it makes a final rage filled cry as its entire body explodes into heatless green flame. The girl falls to the ground, shaken but unhurt.

The last demon rises from the rubble of its impact in time to see its cohort's demise. It moves to charge Indigo.

[Second Erymanthus: Move]
[Indigo: Emerald Circle Banishment(3, -1) (20 Motes, 8 personal, 12 peripheral)]
[Indigo: (Willpower 6 + Essence 3) = 9(10,9,9,6,5,2,2,1,1) 4X] -> [Second Erymanthus: (Willpower 7 + Essence 2 - Wounds 2 - Banishment 2) = 5(9,9,6,5,3) 2X]
[First Erymanthus: Dash(3,-2)]

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 19:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren