Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Erendiox's Games > A New Age

Unread 9th of May, 2011, 02:18
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

Member: #672
Open Forum (OOC)

Hey everybody!

Welcome to the game, and thanks for being here. As you've all played in at least one of my games at some point before, you know the drill. This is our out of character thread. Anything game relevant that isn't coming out of your character's mouth should be posted here.

The first step is to get everyone's character up. There are custom chargen rules for the young exalted, so I'm going to get that up today. You'll find it in The Library subforum.

Eternal, while I'm happy you got Nuada up so fast, you're going to need to tweak her a bit. The creation rules have changed slightly. This will also give you the opportunity to change anything you didn't like previously if you want to.
Unread 9th of May, 2011, 02:26
Eternal
Wight

Member: #745
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooookay.
Unread 9th of May, 2011, 09:07
Eternal
Wight

okay i adjusted all my stats and spent 3 bp in dexterity attribute (favored) and 5 bp in dex excellency (favored). way to seriously nerf my character
Unread 9th of May, 2011, 10:08
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

Everyone else will be right there with you dust
Unread 9th of May, 2011, 10:10
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

Member: #431
Except for me of course, but Silver Wind will probably have her own problems. Like trying to deal with a gaggle of hyper-powered young-uns

Winner of the 2011 Coolest Avatar Award
Unread 9th of May, 2011, 13:48
Eternal
Wight

yea well there was even a ton of xp i never got for last campaign so :3 i'll just assume my lowered stats are because i am always carrying hale around so they are now officially factored into my char sheet
Unread 9th of May, 2011, 14:10
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

By the by Eternal, I love that picture you have of Nuada. It's freakin' adorable. Did you make it yourself or did someone else do that for you?

Unread 10th of May, 2011, 00:45
Eternal
Wight

i had a friend draw it and i colored it... it was based off a drawing i did, but i'm not quite as good
Unread 16th of May, 2011, 07:06
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

Hey guys,

Just wanted to give you all an update. We're almost ready to start this thing up. We're just waiting for Flicker's background and for some revisions to SW's background. Here are a few loose ends that also need to be addressed:

Eternal, I think I mentioned this to you, but I just need you to mark which abilities Nuada's specialties are tied to. The knife specialty is pretty obviously Melee, but the burglary specialty could easily be attached to either stealth or larceny. Let me know which one.

Sparda, there are some things we should probably all talk about regarding your character. I knew fitting an Infernal into this game was going to be a challenge. I have only recently been reading the infernal book and realizing just how much of a challenge.

Flicker is going to have a common enemy with all the other characters. That combined with the fact that SW is going to find Flicker before he is trained, I think we have some concrete ground to stand on as far as him being part of the group.

The part that is standing out to me as possibly being a problem is his urge: "Encourage others to break sexual taboos". My games are typically "rated R" for just about everything from blood, gore, torture, violence and language, etc, but when it comes to sex, I've always capped it at around PG. I have no problem including sexual themes in the game, but by no means do I mean for these themes to be in the forefront. That's just the way I've always run my games and I was hoping for everyone else to chime in their thoughts on this - it's everyone's game and we can change things if people want to.

Personally, strong sexual content in a game made up of all guy players... well it's kinda weird. Not gunna lie.
Unread 16th of May, 2011, 07:29
Eternal
Wight

Originally Posted by Erendiox # Personally, strong sexual content in a game made up of all guy players... well it's kinda weird. Not gunna lie.
Gonna have to agree, especially since my character's a 14yo kid.
Unread 16th of May, 2011, 07:32
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

I personally don't have a problem with the sex stuff, though I agree that we want to keep the rating at PG/PG-13 so nothing really strong. Us crazy Americans and whatnot.

Edit: Besides 2 out of the 3 players are playing women, so I don't see why it's an issue that we're all guys here. Just sayin'

Unread 17th of May, 2011, 07:53
Sparda219
Ghoul

Member: #389
I never actually thought of it as something that would happen on-screen, really, nor something that would be central to his interactions with the actual circle but if the idea makes you that uncomfortable I'll change him.

If there's a problem with me personally, me being gay, please do let me know. I really don't want to hang around and end up making people uncomfortable.

Last edited by Sparda219; 17th of May, 2011 at 08:24.
Unread 17th of May, 2011, 10:08
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

FYI I have most of Silver Wind's background typed up, I just need to hammer out a few details on how SW and Lacuna met up before I post it

Unread 17th of May, 2011, 10:18
Sparda219
Ghoul

And Flicker's background is up. The ending is a bit vague yet since I don't know how we're starting or if Silver Wind should already have Flicker with her or not.
Unread 17th of May, 2011, 13:17
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

Originally Posted by Sparda219 # I never actually thought of it as something that would happen on-screen, really, nor something that would be central to his interactions with the actual circle but if the idea makes you that uncomfortable I'll change him.

If there's a problem with me personally, me being gay, please do let me know. I really don't want to hang around and end up making people uncomfortable.
Sparda,

First off, I had no idea you were gay. Just want to make sure you understand that it doesn't bother me in the slightest, and I apologize if it sounded like I was targeting that about you or anything.

The concern is really just about keeping sexual themes on the PG/PG-13ish side of things. If your character can act on his urge whilst keeping the writing tasteful then I'm all for it. You've already managed that with your background, which is absolutely excellent by the way. I think we'll be fine.
Unread 17th of May, 2011, 13:33
Sparda219
Ghoul

Thanks for clearing that up Erendiox, I really didn't know what to make of it or if you knew. I feel a lot better now. ^^;;

I would always keep anything that sexual fade to black/private anyway. If anything the Urge he has now fits with his motivation more conveniently and also honestly opens me up to doing even more with him.

As Red said, he will still be a little perv but he's not supernaturally compelled to be anymore. xD
Unread 18th of May, 2011, 23:27
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

Looks perfect Sparda. I agree - I can see you doing more with that urge.

And everyone, please notice the house rules in effect. I've been using these rules since my last game so I assume everyone is ok with them. Let me know if there are any problems. I'm also hesitating to employ my usual one week rule on posting, in the hopes that I won't need to.
Unread 19th of May, 2011, 06:58
Eternal
Wight

so it's just us 3?
Unread 19th of May, 2011, 08:28
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

I don't have any problems with the house rules. And yes, so far as I know it is just the three of us.

Unread 19th of May, 2011, 12:47
Sparda219
Ghoul

Those sound good to me! I like the house rules.
Unread 19th of May, 2011, 13:06
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

Yes, it's just the three of us for now. I would consider taking on a fourth if anyone knows of someone interested. For the time being, I'm happy to run a smaller, tighter game.
Unread 19th of May, 2011, 22:17
fhgwdads05
Vampire Spawn [GM]

Member: #2775
>.>
erendiox (12:14:36 AM): utter chaos is what feeds my insatiable hunger
Unread 19th of May, 2011, 22:41
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

Oh shit, it's Dave! I didn't know you were still on the internet man. Haha.
Unread 19th of May, 2011, 22:48
fhgwdads05
Vampire Spawn [GM]

Member: #2775
Haha, yeah I still lurk the corners of this place. It's been a long time man! Great to see you're still around yourself.

So about that fourth?
erendiox (12:14:36 AM): utter chaos is what feeds my insatiable hunger
Unread 20th of May, 2011, 00:02
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

I thought you didn't want to play as a kiddie exalt? That's waht you said when I asked you