Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Erendiox's Games > A New Age

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #26  
Unread 22nd of September, 2011, 10:31
TagalongDT's Avatar
TagalongDT
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Member: #2929
Location: Just trailing behind you.
Posts: 438 (0.12 per day)
"Who...who are you? And why are you in the ceiling?" Ellana asks. A brief glance confirms she'll have to broaden her search for a way up.
__________________
That was the best plan we could come up with?

Seduce the wookie?!
  #27  
Unread 22nd of September, 2011, 10:55
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
Ellana receives no real response. She half wonders if the voice is only in her head - There's this ethereal quality to it. Still, she feels that the voice is definitely drawing her toward the attic.
__________________
I am what the Dragonblooded call Anathema. I of the same as the Founder. I am Exalted, a progeny of the Sun.
- Tenka Ryoshen
  #28  
Unread 23rd of September, 2011, 05:09
TagalongDT's Avatar
TagalongDT
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Member: #2929
Location: Just trailing behind you.
Posts: 438 (0.12 per day)
Ellana frowns and bites her lower lip. This whole situation seemed off, but the voice didn't sound harmful, if anything she was asking for help. Finding her resolve, Ellana tiptoes around the building, looking for a way up, or at least a ladder.
__________________
That was the best plan we could come up with?

Seduce the wookie?!
  #29  
Unread 28th of September, 2011, 09:38
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
Ellana does in fact find a ladder, but it is chained fast to a very large and heavy piece of furniture! Steadfast in her search, she finds a way up using a tall chair set aside in a corner of the hallway. When combined with the broom from the bathroom, she can gather just enough height to lightly knock open the handle to the trap door. It swings downward, and a very small length of rope drops with it, allowing her to climb up with some difficulty.

Once in the attic, she finds herself surrounded by a wild assortment of trinkets. Old clothes, papers, dusty decorative pieces, and much more. In the darkness, some of them take strange shapes, and the young girl presses Mira close. The voice is getting louder. There is a small coffer on the other side of the room where she's sure the sound is coming from.

[Ellana: (Intelligence 4 + Investigation 3) = 7(9,9,7,5,3,3,3) 3X vs Standard Difficulty <superior>]
  #30  
Unread 29th of September, 2011, 13:11
TagalongDT's Avatar
TagalongDT
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Member: #2929
Location: Just trailing behind you.
Posts: 438 (0.12 per day)
Ellana crept closer to the sound, the clutter pressing in on her from the darkness. During the daylight she might take a few hours off to explore the treasure, now they only add to the general wrongness of the situation. Something super natural was at work here, the question was: What? And was it harmful? She almost turned back, Hwen would know what to do, or or Sakura, or even Irenicus. Ellana had no business here. Mira mewed and licked her hand. Ellana nodded in agreement, if they made it back to Selen--When they made it back to Selen the pair of them would have to deal with much more than talking coffers.

Ellana steeled her nerves and reached for the coffer. Her hand stopped short and Hwen's words of warning echoed in her mind. She pulled her hand back and cleared her throat, "Hello? Is that you in there? Where you calling me?" she asked in Old Realm. If the thing couldn't speak Old Realm, it should be safe, right?
__________________
That was the best plan we could come up with?

Seduce the wookie?!
  #31  
Unread 6th of October, 2011, 03:57
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
There's a pause, then the voice reaches out and responds. It's still breathy and seemingly from nowhere, but she can make out the words now. It is very distinctly a young woman's voice.

"Hello? Is someone there? Oh please help me - I'm trapped in here! In the chest."


It's strange to hear and takes the young Lookshyan an extra second to understand. This is the first time Ellana has ever been spoken to in Old Realm. Up until now she has only read it.

Last edited by Erendiox; 7th of October, 2011 at 01:34.
  #32  
Unread 6th of October, 2011, 17:48
TagalongDT's Avatar
TagalongDT
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Member: #2929
Location: Just trailing behind you.
Posts: 438 (0.12 per day)
Ellana paused and licked her lips. She'd never heard Old Realm before, how could she know what the voice said? Or even know how to pronounce the words she spoke to the voice. Something was different about her, something very important. She shook her head and concentrated on the task at hand. Ellana remembered Hwen's warnings. This was probably a...a spirit? But that didn't mean it was harmful, perhaps it-she needed help. Still...it wouldn't hurt to ask. "Wait, tell me who you are, and how you got in that chest, and why you're in there in the first place?"
__________________
That was the best plan we could come up with?

Seduce the wookie?!
  #33  
Unread 8th of October, 2011, 00:47
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
"Hmph!" She exclaims, in such a way that if she were standing in front of you, you could swear she was putting her hands on her hips and furrowing her brow. "That nasty old hag trapped me in here! She said she was going to do all sorts of experiments on me! She's weird - I don't like her!"

Mira mews and takes a paw to the chest, clawing at it. "I'm a forest spirit from the outside - My name's Pella. Don't worry, I won't hurt you. I can't hurt you really - even if I wasn't stuck in this thing, I'm about the size of a canary."
  #34  
Unread 9th of October, 2011, 08:28
TagalongDT's Avatar
TagalongDT
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Member: #2929
Location: Just trailing behind you.
Posts: 438 (0.12 per day)
Ellana scrunched her face as she pulled Mira away from the chest. Surely Pella didn't refer to Hwen, the old woman was too nice to do something so cruel. Then again...Hwen had warned her about the types of beings that used Old Realm. Mira squirmed in her arms and dropped to the ground before pawing the box again. Finally the cat stopped and stared at Ellana. Whatever Pella really was, Mira seemed to think it was safe.

"If I let you out, do you promise not to harm the Golden Plains or anyone in them?" Ellana asked.
__________________
That was the best plan we could come up with?

Seduce the wookie?!
  #35  
Unread 13th of October, 2011, 23:43
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
"Yes! Of course. Trust me, I can't do a thing. Just open the chest - You'll see." Pella says, with a measure of impatience in her voice.
  #36  
Unread 14th of October, 2011, 21:12
TagalongDT's Avatar
TagalongDT
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Member: #2929
Location: Just trailing behind you.
Posts: 438 (0.12 per day)
Mira, growing impatient, began nudging her human toward the box. Egged on by her friend Ellana made up her mind. "Alright, I'm letting you out. Just remembered. You promised," Ellana thought a bit and added, "If you break my promise my friend Selen is going to...going to...er...do something awful to you." Hands slightly shaking Ellana undid the latch on the coffer and slowly cracked open the lid. Together, the girl and the cat peered slowly into the coffer in question.
__________________
That was the best plan we could come up with?

Seduce the wookie?!
  #37  
Unread 15th of October, 2011, 07:44
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
On the inside the chest is lined with black cloth, several folds covering some object in the center. Picking up the folds, Ellana discovers a small necklace. The chain is simple, interlocked metal rivets, but at its center is a brilliant yellow crystal, set in an ornate, jade embroidered piece. The crystal is smooth and cylindrical, with one rough, pointy face on the bottom. It emits a faint glow from its center.


"See? I told you. I'm totally stuck in here."
  #38  
Unread 15th of October, 2011, 08:17
TagalongDT's Avatar
TagalongDT
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Member: #2929
Location: Just trailing behind you.
Posts: 438 (0.12 per day)
Removing the necklace from the cloth Ellana peered closer at it. It was beautiful, and a little scary. "Oh, oh my. I'm so sorry, I thought you'd be more um...mobile," she finished awkwardly. Ellana unclasped the chain and brought it close to her neck, then frowned and lowered the chain. "Um...what...what do we do now? You can't very well just stay here, only not in the box," she said, "And can we switch back to Riverspeak?" Mira, satisfied the situation was in hand ambled off to explore the rest of the attic.
__________________
That was the best plan we could come up with?

Seduce the wookie?!
  #39  
Unread 25th of October, 2011, 02:24
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
Ellana feels an electric sort of sensation move across her skin as she touches the metal chain - It makes her hair stand on end for a second. She can suddenly hear Pella's voice very clearly, as if she was standing right next to her. She's much, much closer. "Well you're going to help me get out of this thing… aren't you?"

There's a strange warmth coming from the crystal. Ellana feels an urge now to complete the motion of putting the necklace on.
  #40  
Unread 25th of October, 2011, 20:46
TagalongDT's Avatar
TagalongDT
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Member: #2929
Location: Just trailing behind you.
Posts: 438 (0.12 per day)
The closeness of Pella's voice shocked Ellana and she shook her head, squeezing her eyes shut for a moment. "Of course I'll help you. We can't just leave you in there." She pondered Pella's situation and realized how little she knew, "There must be a spell or something to free you. I wonder if there's a library in the Golden Plains...or a local Thaumaturge." Mira peeked over a pile of boxes and mewed, it was time to head back to bed.

"Oh right, of course Mira. Don't worry we'll head down soon. Come on, Pella we'll um..." Ellana looked down at the necklace her hand and frowned awkwardly. She patted her nightgown and realized she had no pockets. Shrugging her shoulders she clasped the necklace around her neck.
__________________
That was the best plan we could come up with?

Seduce the wookie?!
  #41  
Unread 26th of October, 2011, 09:42
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
The necklace makes an audible 'snap' as the chain clasps together. It fits nicely, the crystal falling right below Ellana's heart. It has a distinct amount of weight to it, not enough to be bothersome, but just enough for it to feel substantial. Again, Pella's voice in your head. "Oh you're so kind - Thank you for helping me. I promise I won't be a burden."

With that, Ellana and Mira make their way back down to the bedroom, being sure to put everything back the way it was. Curling back up inside the sheets, they hold eachother close. In the dark silence of the night, Pella's voice whispers one last time. "Goodnight Ellana…"

Unknown Day, Unknown Month, Realm Year 768 - Morning

Light creeps in through the windows and a sweet smell wafts up through the hallway to Ellana's nose. Old Hwen has already put on breakfast, and as Ellana makes her way down to the kitchen, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes, fruit and sweet porridge is there to greet her on the table. Hwen's big, craggy smile can be seen in the doorway across the room.

"Oh no it's her! Careful! Don't let her see the necklace! She'll lock me back up there for sure!" Pella exclaims, sounding fearful.

"Good morning child." Says Old Hwen. "They need you out in the fields again today, but sit down and eat something first." She motions to the food on the table, then notices that Ellana looks a little weary. "How did you sleep?"

  #42  
Unread 26th of October, 2011, 19:30
TagalongDT's Avatar
TagalongDT
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Member: #2929
Location: Just trailing behind you.
Posts: 438 (0.12 per day)
Despite herself Ellana managed to maintain her composure as Pella warns her about Hwen. What could Hwen have possibly done to Pella? The old woman was nice enough, and certainly didn't look like a thaumaturge. Before she could move closer, Mira leaped at Hwen, meowing pitifully and demanding to be pet, and giving Ellana just enough time to tuck the necklace safety out of sight in her field-hand's outfit.

As she sits down to breakfast, dishing out a small portion for Mira, she fails to stifle a yawn and looks sheepishly up at Hwen, "Yes...well, no. I always hear strange noises when I try to sleep in a new place. Don't worry, I'm more than willing to help out Sakura today. And I'll get used to the noises soon enough." Ellana yawned again and stretched. "Hwen? Is there a library around here? Or an archive or...something? I um...don't want to fall behind in my studies."
__________________
That was the best plan we could come up with?

Seduce the wookie?!
  #43  
Unread 22nd of November, 2011, 02:53
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
Hwen smirks. "Good books are hard to come by here. You likely won't find anything in town that will interest you." She sits Ellana down and places a bowl of steaming porridge. "Remind me when you get back tonight. I'm sure I can dig something up that you'll like."

With that, Ellana ventures out into the fields. Sakura whips you double time - More cucumbers, and the young girl's hands are prickled as ever. She is wondering in this moment whether or not she will even be able to turn pages come nightfall, when something catches her attention. Two riders in the distance come into focus. In front, the rider has long, silver hair that stretches down the length of her body...

*** THREAD CLOSED ***
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 18:57.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren