Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Saint Alphonzo's Games > Mercury Ascending

Unread 9th of January, 2004, 10:00
Saint Alphonzo
Wraith [GM]

Member: #57
Between the Lines (OoC)

so, i figured, 'new group of mages, new ooc thread'. plus, i want to do some character creation discussion here, prior to any actual character generation. for those brave souls interested in joining up, here are a few first-and-foremost's that i'd like.

this world is as much yours as it is mine, or, at least, that was my hope early-on. yes, there are a few overall plots and themes set in place, but the basic plot of the game is largely defined by your characters strengths, weaknesses, goals, and interests. that in mind, rich character histories will lead to rich character futures. i urge those participating to come up with character details that don't just serve to fulfil the dots on the sheet.

so, rather than me blathering incoherently, let's hear what types of characters you're interested in. NOTE: characters should be newly Awakened, maye only a few months to a year ago.
Unread 9th of January, 2004, 10:31
stealthbanana
Spectre

Member: #386
I want to play a pagan Celestial Chorister or a traditional Hermetic. The Chorister will probably be of the Architect nature, who wants to bridge the gap between faiths and establish a sort of unversal church. The Hermetic will probably be partially insane, and be uber hungry for anchient texts detailing dark age magic and such.

Those are all just thoughts in my head, though.
Unread 9th of January, 2004, 10:49
Kahluah
Dingo of War [GM]

Member: #5
Well, the character I've been itching to play is a Son of Ether meta-harmonic resonance engineer. He deals a lot with soundwaves, frequencies, micro-waves, etc. He's prolly been Awakened just over a year, though has been working on stuff like this for a while, having studied science and music at university. The fact he's Awakened has only extended the possibilities of his research and he is now trying to get himself set up within the Etherite community.
Unread 9th of January, 2004, 13:18
Kahluah
Dingo of War [GM]

Also, SA, could you post your house rules for character creation, as the site seems to have gone bye bye.
Unread 9th of January, 2004, 20:17
itches
Vampire Lord [Epic Admin]

Member: #10
Meh, I wish I were into Mage.

Also, I'm going to go bug the Admins about archiving the previous game. they may not agree with me, but I think it shoul dbe.
Unread 10th of January, 2004, 04:07
Saint Alphonzo
Wraith [GM]

i've thrown the old 'Character Creation and House Rules' info up into two different threads. will be editing and cleaning it up some later, but if you can peruse with patience, by all means...

next, going to take a page out of Kahl's book, and start tossing a bit of world info up.
Unread 10th of January, 2004, 07:19
Kahluah
Dingo of War [GM]

Looks good - I'll get my character statted up with at least a small history to go with it as soon as possible
Unread 12th of January, 2004, 03:41
Sparda219
Ghoul

Member: #389
I'd like to play as a Dreamspeaker street gypsy. Someone who was into the occult before his Awakening, but never really considered it as real. Imagine his surprise when his magic tricks and flim-flams all turn up to be real one day.
Unread 12th of January, 2004, 03:56
stealthbanana
Spectre

Can I play a mage with some form of insanity? I want to make a holy man who thinks he see's angels and demons and such. Except sometimes they actually manifest as a result of his insanity/magickal status.
Unread 13th of January, 2004, 14:20
mowens
Skeleton

Member: #471
I emailed you a character. Let me know what you think.
Unread 15th of January, 2004, 06:05
Kahluah
Dingo of War [GM]

Ok - character and history sent - hope you like it
Unread 15th of January, 2004, 07:34
stealthbanana
Spectre

I'm going to work on my char, SA. He's going to have insanity, I hope thats okay. If not, I'll make another. I do love this game hehe.
Unread 15th of January, 2004, 08:04
Viro
Ghoul

Member: #408
SA, u still got room here?

Hadn't subscribed to this forum due to, well, it being a bit dead and I wasn't sure if it'd continue for sure, so I missed the OOC posts going on here

i urge those participating to come up with character details that don't just serve to fulfil the dots on the sheet.
If my characters ever look like this, it's usually cuz I change the sheet after writing the background up. Putting dots in places that make sense based on the background . But yeah, that seems perfectly reasonable, and I'm hoping to provide plenty of plot hooks .

Viro
Deciding between CoX, Euthanos, and Verbena for a vague concept currently.

Last edited by Viro; 15th of January, 2004 at 08:39.
Unread 15th of January, 2004, 10:12
stealthbanana
Spectre

Okay- stats and partial backgrounds are done. Here is a short description, subject to change.

Vincent is a holy man in the Catholic church, who after many years of fanatical devotion, developed schizophrenia (sp?). He now beleives that he can converse with angels and demons, and often has epic duels with invisible monsters straight out of hell. He hasn't let go of that crusader look either- he usually dons a suit of light chainmail when he goes out. "Can't let the demons get me unprepared:, he says to any who ask.

Since his awakening, his madness has gotten even worse, since the things he imagines often pop into reality. Now, after seeing the reactions of others, he is convinced that he has been sent to earth by God to combat these foul creatures. All of his magic is based around God and Catholic mythos. He uses a cross for Forces effects, a set of rosary beads for spirt, etc. I'll reveal more about him later, after I get the okay to continue work on him.

-SB
Unread 15th of January, 2004, 14:04
Sparda219
Ghoul

Oi, Saint? Can my street-corner Gypsy take a level or two in wonder in order to acquire a mystical heirloom Tarot deck? It could ba a unique focus for time.
Unread 18th of January, 2004, 05:32
Saint Alphonzo
Wraith [GM]

wow, lots of feedback! in an effort to answer all questions and make all the comments i need to, i'm going to have to do some footwork. one big post just isn't going to work, so i'm thinking of creating new threads for each potential candidate. these will not be private, so anything you need to keep secret for now, we'll have to work out over PM or email. if i don't get to you yet, don't worry, i haven't tossed you aside, i just haven't gotten to it yet. cool?
Unread 18th of January, 2004, 17:14
Viro
Ghoul

*Posts as a small reminder* let me know when (if) you're ready for me. I think either Euthanos or CoX is most likely, although I still haven't ruled out Verbena.

Oh, and could people give a quick list of what they're looking at? I'm not a complete character yet so perfectly willing to add/remove parts of the character to help balance things out.

Viro
Unread 18th of January, 2004, 17:21
WalkerUrza
Ghoul [GM]

Member: #371
*tired of waiting for Saint Alph to respond to his pm* I PM'd u bout three or four days ago Saint, and showed intrest in your game, i'd be playing a lifemage orphan if your willing
Unread 22nd of January, 2004, 20:18
Kahluah
Dingo of War [GM]

*paces about and ponders throwing some Time 3 juju at the ST to make him speed up*

Ahhh, crap - I'm not a Cultist this time around ... bugger. Can one of you guys throw some Time 3 at him?
Unread 22nd of January, 2004, 20:44
Viro
Ghoul

*Repeats himself*

What is everyone going to play? That is, those who have decided on a character for sure..................

Viro
Unread 23rd of January, 2004, 08:39
Sparda219
Ghoul

Cult of X street Gypsy.
Unread 23rd of January, 2004, 08:48
Kahluah
Dingo of War [GM]

Son of Ether meta-harmonic resonance engineer
Unread 23rd of January, 2004, 10:17
stealthbanana
Spectre

Celestial Chorus Schizophrenic Holy Man.

Melee, Knowledge, and Social are my characters forte.
Unread 23rd of January, 2004, 13:16
mowens
Skeleton

Member: #471
Clueless Orphan.
Seriously, I Awakened yesterday.
Unread 23rd of January, 2004, 13:37
Viro
Ghoul

Okay, that helped a lot. Since I was trying to decide between a CoX, Verbena, and Euthanos for my Tradition (already got most of the concept), I think I'll be going Euthanos. That is....

Sparda, are you starting with at least Time 2? If not, I'll get me some Time magic as a CoX. Else, my likely spheres:

Entropy 2
Forces 2
Prime 1
Correspondence 1

Tweaking may occur, as I finish up the character though.

Viro