Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Public Commonness > Adventurer's Escapades > Tournaments

Unread 9th of January, 2006, 05:06
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

Member: #192
Already noted and corrected. Check the update I just posted.
Unread 9th of January, 2006, 07:05
Lord Twig
Nightwing

Member: #1477
Cool. But I noticed that you only rolled damge for 3 missiles. Lily should get 4 from her caster level of 7.
Unread 9th of January, 2006, 07:33
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

Oops. Miscounted. Correcting.
Unread 11th of January, 2006, 03:29
Lord Twig
Nightwing

Well if nothing else, I have to say that Vaniver is Role-Playing Ok Bok well. Going strait through that lion really cost Ok Bok, but I guess it would be in character.
Unread 12th of January, 2006, 11:07
Lord Twig
Nightwing

Two things. First, I didn't see a roll to see if Lily's dancing influenced the crowd. Second, Ok Bok should be taking nonlethal damage from her frenzy.

Thanks!
Unread 13th of January, 2006, 01:29
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

Fixed.
Unread 14th of January, 2006, 05:28
Lord Twig
Nightwing

Well looks like Vaniver is a no show.

I am willing to wait a while longer however. We are down to the final combats and I would like to see them played to the end.

If he doesn't post anytime soon, I am wondering about the full defense and run away rule. As a Frenzied Berserker, I don't think Ok Bok can run away. She will just mindlessly move after and attack anybody in range. I believe she would go after perceived enemies first, but am not certain of that.
Unread 14th of January, 2006, 06:35
Vaniver
Ghoul

Member: #1492
Gah, I had a rules question I was going to ask. I guess I should have PMed it.
Unread 14th of January, 2006, 08:55
Lord Twig
Nightwing

Well I am glad you were able to post.

Using your bow, huh? Not something I expected from Ok Bok. This changes things.
Unread 18th of January, 2006, 03:04
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

Well, considering that I myself have been uncharacteristically absent for several days now (so I took an extended long weekend), Van's slight delay is of no importance. I'll be updating shortly.
Unread 20th of January, 2006, 00:13
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

Vaniver is lucky. His deadline for posting yesterday was while I was in class and after class I remembered something that I had to do for a meeting this morning (which I'm still working on) so I couldn't update the match yesterday. Expect an update just after noon today (the meeting is from 10 to 12).
Unread 20th of January, 2006, 07:35
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

Next match will start on Monday. Lord Twig and Andorax should be ready.
Unread 20th of January, 2006, 08:18
Lord Twig
Nightwing

Couple things.

Ok Bok has Die Hard as a feat. Would she actually still be up? Also, she gets +18 hps from Rage. When she falls unconscious she would lose those hps and die. Lily has no compunction about killing Ok Bok. Ok Bok has killed everyone she has faced and would have killed Lily if given a chance.

It looks like you didn't add the +3 for Lily's beloved status to her attack roll, not that it mattered.

And speaking of rolls... What the heck is up with those rolls!? First four 1s for her last magic missile and then a 1 on her damage with her rapier, not to mention a 2 for her attack. At least the attack wasn't a 1 as well, that really would have sucked!

Come to think about it, Ok Bok's last few rolls have sucked as well. Guess I shouldn't complain.
Unread 20th of January, 2006, 12:54
Boomlaor
Devourer

Member: #1478
re: your post in the stables BP (Burning sand would have to be beaten twice, and lily only once), from a spectator's point of view that's boring. Just have a single fight for all the marbles, and lets be done with this tournament (much as I have enjoyed it).

Boomlaor
Unread 20th of January, 2006, 13:56
nightinverse
Vampiric Dwarven Psychologist [Epic GM]

Member: #1101
As an avid observer, I am of two minds here. The multiple fight issue, while logical, is dull. However, I also think it would be prudent to stick to the plan.
Unread 21st of January, 2006, 01:27
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

Die Hard has no effect on non-lethal damage. As a result, the standard rules apply. When non-lethal damage exceeds current hit points, the character falls unconcious. That may seem to be counter to the point of the feat, but that's the way its written.

Rage does not end when a character is knocked unconcious. There are two conditions listed in the description for the end of a rage: 1) its duration expires, 2) the character ends it voluntarily. Knocking a character unconcious does not meet either of these conditions. As a result, Ok Bok's rage continues after she is knocked unconcious (as does her frenzy, though that has no effect on whether she dies or not), allowing tournament clerics to heal her sufficently that she doesn't die when her rage expires.

The tournament was announced as a double elimination tournament. As Burning Sand has no losses as of yet, a loss in the upcoming match would only be his first and would not be sufficent to eliminate him. It would be unfair to Burning Sand to make the up coming match be for all the marbles.
Unread 21st of January, 2006, 10:32
Lord Twig
Nightwing

Hmmm... Now that you explain it, I guess that is what it literally says. Just doesn't seem right. Oh well, I will just accept it as a house rule in my own game.

As for the rage, it sure would help with the Barbarian's life expectancy. We had always played that you don't die for one round (house rule) so if the barbarian dropped, you KNEW you had to get a cure spell on him before the next round. Kinda has the same effect.

Double elimination is what it was from the beginning, it wouldn't be fair to change it now. We will see if Lily can avoid Burning Sand for two battles. All he needs to do is get a hold of Lily and it is all over.
Unread 21st of January, 2006, 11:32
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

Oh, most certianly I agree that the wording of Diehard (and though it didn't matter here, Deathless Frenzy) contain a major oversight that is sorely in need of errata/house ruling. However, in a public tournament like this one, I have to enforce the rules as written for the fairness to all. There's been one spot where I didn't follow that policy (allowing Kurik to have an Adamantine Tower Shield), and I wasn't real comfortable with it once it actually became an issue (though by that time I'd already said the player could have it). Fortunately, I don't think it made a difference (i.e. Ok Bok still won).
Unread 25th of January, 2006, 12:10
Andorax
Ghoul

Member: #1481
Bah. Let's fight one out, and see if there's even a need for a second!
Unread 5th of February, 2006, 14:53
Lord Twig
Nightwing

<grumble, grumble> Well I guess I didn't figure that correctly. I figured it for an automatic jump, but I guess I was going around a corner.
Unread 13th of February, 2006, 16:25
Lord Twig
Nightwing

Lily danced over to H32 (right out in the open), but somehow she ended up in J32.
Unread 14th of February, 2006, 03:02
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

Oops. I'll fix that. Given Andorax's posted action, I don't think he'd be changing anything as a result of the different position so I'll fix it in the update.
Unread 14th of February, 2006, 07:15
Lord Twig
Nightwing

One of these days Lily's mouth is going to get her in trouble. That day may be today.
Unread 28th of February, 2006, 12:32
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

It seems that the dice want Burning Sand to have one more shot at winning this match.

Now, while I'm fairly certian I know what his action is going to be, I'm going to give Andorax the chance to post it because I'm sure he'll want to add some flair to it.
Unread 28th of February, 2006, 13:04
Lord Twig
Nightwing

Okay, I officially have the worst luck ever! This is like Callen's rolling a 1 on an attack that would have ended his match with The Lone Halfling.

I guess the true test of my luck will come from Burning Sand's counter attack.