Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Chris Chandler's Games > S P A C E (Weird GURPS Sci-Fi)

Reply
Thread Tools
  #501  
Unread 21st of September, 2007, 04:33
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.02 per day)
(I just had a thought -- can we say this whole crisis broke the "talk like David" hold over my brain? Because I started out doing that, and thinking, what's the practical thing here, but then I got so caught up in messing with Heather and not doing the direct thing, but the Ronnie thing, that I really broke character very badly if I was still supposed to be doing that.

And if I need to slide back into that for the rest of the hour, I need to know, regardless.)

Last edited by LadyGlutter; 21st of September, 2007 at 04:36.
Reply With Quote
  #502  
Unread 21st of September, 2007, 04:45
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.86 per day)
(I'm sure the adrenaline is slowing, so....) While I sit down, and turn off the blade, Yeah, well fuck you too. God forbid you give someone else an ounce of credit. Yeah, your fucking head might explode if you had to thank me for not become bait in a trap for your all important omnipotent self.

Oh, and excuusss, (change of tone to pious) I mean forgive me your magnificence, I beg your forgiveness for getting blown up and knocked out, and not being able to keep up with my possessions.

The blade returns to its home as I just shake my head in absolute disgust.
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.
Reply With Quote
  #503  
Unread 21st of September, 2007, 05:24
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.02 per day)
"You're not done yet? Yeah, I got it. FUCK ME TOO. GOT IT. You fucking megabitch.

You're willing to carve me up at a moment's notice, but you're the one in the right. I'm supposed to THANK YOU for what? For not knowing my voice? For turning on me at a second? For showing just how loyal you fucking are? Cockroaches from across the galaxy are coming at you for me, and just the fact that I acknowledge it and you're fucking JEALOUS? It doesn't give me an ounce of power or anything to have the universe wanting to use some fucking quirk of my genetic makeup to track me down like a damn ... rabbit! I don't feel special at all, but you wouldn't understand that would you? The only person I thought cared about me just betrayed me and I am supposed to kiss her ass. Yeah. Fuck you too is right.

I am glad you're alive, though why I'm not sure. I'm thrilled that you made it out ok, that you did a good fucking job, but you didn't give me a second to even express that before you turned on me. So excuse me if I don't go all sappy on you at the moment.

I don't want them coming after either of us. And anyway, God knows why, but I come running to help, and the thanks I get is being told how big my head is just for saying we're in this together. Well, like it or not we are. And like it or not, I actually am loyal to you. And I don't give a flying fuck about your toy. Yeah, I forgive you for losing it. I only care because I know I'm going to hear about it over and over. Because somehow it's gonna be my fault.

Last edited by LadyGlutter; 21st of September, 2007 at 05:32. Reason: more minor grammar/punctuation edits
Reply With Quote
  #504  
Unread 21st of September, 2007, 06:09
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.86 per day)
Yeap, I'm jealous, that's right. I'm the mega-bitch. Right again. You're on the ball. Let's see, I betrayed you. Yeah, getting shell-shocked and confused. I think that's the same as betrayal, yeah. Defending myself in a confused state. Yeah, betrayal again.

You know I can go on, and on, but I thought I made it clear that I didn't want to betray you, and for the record you did have a second to tell me I did a 'good fucking job', but instead, you decided to tell me, that the only reason I managed anything, was that they were 'taking it easy on me'. Sure didn't feel easy from where I stood, but hey, who cares.

I close my mind off.
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.
Reply With Quote
  #505  
Unread 21st of September, 2007, 22:41
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.02 per day)
So, Heather mentally bitchslaps me AGAIN for no reason but saying I care about her, yay! And I take it about as well as can be expected. Fire pours out of my ears and I yell "COWARD!!!!!" at her, ears or not, before I turn to Ala.

I'm going to see how Ala is doing and try to get myself together. I'm pretty sure this is when my adrenaline is really and truly kicking in. Before I was having a panic attack. Now I'm trying to not shake while I see what the selfish *&^*^*$ did and try to do some damage control.

"You gonna answer me or what, Kenny?"
Reply With Quote
  #506  
Unread 22nd of September, 2007, 00:04
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.86 per day)
Even though I understood what she said I remain seated in my quite, well now humming, world. I focus on my pain.

I'm alive. I'm myself. Kenny is here, so that means I'm the me I was when I passed out. Damn my back. What happened Stitch? Why are you so quite? I can't believe she doesn't even realize she does that! I can't believe I dropped my whip. Crap my neck. I hope Ala's okay. It's going to take a lot of ass kissing to make that up. What was she trying to do? Damn my legs too. I feel like I'm a million years old, or something.

I take some deep breathes, and try to relax my muscles, without passing out again.
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.
Reply With Quote
  #507  
Unread 22nd of September, 2007, 05:54
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.42 per day)
Love, love will tear us apart again....

You two are so sweet! Okay, back to it -

Veronica -

Ala's got a good cut on her - she is unconscious. You can see that the vibroblade cut right through a few of her ribs, as her chest is pretty widely flayed from the wound. You can't tell if the blade did any more damage than that, though. She has lost a lot of (hey, lookit - red!) blood, though.

Kenny remains quiet, for the time being at least.

Heather -

Oh, famous last words. Now that the adrenaline is starting to fade and you remember that you just got entered into a game of stone giant soccer, it is painfully clear that you are not really up to snuff at all. Your point, though, is that you do not want to pass out again, with good reason. I tell you what. Your adrenaline rush and that go ol' fashioned blowout with your sister pretty much guarantees that you'll remain conscious, until you decide to actually rest. Now, you may end up sleeping for a few days when you do go to sleep, but that's another point altogether.

You still do not hear Stitch. You have no feel of her, and only have Veronica's word that Stitch is even in you, however good her word is.
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Reply With Quote
  #508  
Unread 22nd of September, 2007, 06:16
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.02 per day)
I guess I don't have any choice but to go in her head and see how unconscious she is, what medical information I can extract from her memories to help me with vibroblade wounds, Ala's species wounds, uh, anything? From her head while I say very quietly through my sniffly nose,

"I don't know what... to do here." I back up so that someone can help me and I look at Ginger and John.
Reply With Quote
  #509  
Unread 22nd of September, 2007, 09:14
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.42 per day)
Interesting usage, there!

Well, with your well-planned telpathic research, you manage to to note that constant pressure on the decidedly unconscious Ala's chest will keep keep her relatively stable, but she's lost a lot of blood. Unless she gets a transfusion, or some first-rate medical attention, she is going to be on a prayer and a string. Even then there's going to be a difficult time of it.

You also learn that Tholians have hollow bones like a bird, can see perfectly in the dark, and have a phermonic native language.

How about that?

John nods and moves carefully to the back of the van, while Ginger struggles to start the car (oh, that Kenny! What a trickster!)

Um... I was a... Vet, well a, um, vet assistant when I was in high school... She... er... looks sort of like a cat.

He moves over to her, and reaches out, attempting to give a little first aid. You can tell that he might as well be reaching for a bowl of eyeballs, but he's reaching still the same.
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Reply With Quote
  #510  
Unread 22nd of September, 2007, 12:50
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.02 per day)
I'll tell him what I learned and stay out of his way. "Her bones are hollow like birds, I think she needs a transfusion, but that's like pretty much impossible, and... that's all I can get."
Reply With Quote
  #511  
Unread 26th of September, 2007, 06:38
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.86 per day)
Really nothing to add...except would any of Heathers abilities be useful with Ala? I wonder if she can transfer blood?
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.
Reply With Quote
  #512  
Unread 26th of September, 2007, 09:28
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.42 per day)
Heather -

If you even try to manifest that ability (PV wouldn't actually do it, but it would be as close as you have), you know you'll pass out. ((Say, as a note, I made a mistake in regard to Heather sensing Stitch. Post 435 outlines it, but you are still not sensing her being active. I'm sorry.))

John's inkling of skill coupled with Veronica's procedural knowledge goes a long way. John gets her wrapped up in a sort of a swaddle, to the point of wrapping her up like a mummy - similar to how a cat would be restrained with such a wound. Veruca, for her part, moves out of the way, sitting next to Ginger.

Ginger starts up midway through the procedure, and heads out to the northern part of the city, not quite toward North Beach, but rather toward the Richmond District, somewhat south of the Presidio. She pulls down a street, back into a small, not exactly pristine residential area, and drives onto a gravel driveway to a large georgian house, pulling around to the back, where a spread of Pampas grass provides a blind. Ginger cuts off the engine, and without consultation, hops out, and closes the door quietly.
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!

Last edited by Chris Chandler; 26th of September, 2007 at 09:59.
Reply With Quote
  #513  
Unread 26th of September, 2007, 11:58
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.86 per day)
Can I still transfer Health?
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.
Reply With Quote
  #514  
Unread 27th of September, 2007, 11:10
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.42 per day)
((As a minor crunchy note, HT now dictates FP and ST dictates HP - I really don't think it matters in this case, honestly))

If you transfer HT, you'll pass out mid-transfer, because you have 0 fatigue left. If you transfer ST you'll need to make a HT check to stay conscience, because you, likewise, are at 0 HP.

Either way, you aren't the best donor.
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Reply With Quote
  #515  
Unread 28th of September, 2007, 03:44
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.86 per day)
(SO does that mean I can transfer/steal and transfer someone else and give to her?)
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.
Reply With Quote
  #516  
Unread 28th of September, 2007, 10:33
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.42 per day)
((You could try, if you really wanted. I'll tell you that Heather is still having some difficulty with concentration - there are other factors at play. This, too, is a little like shooting yourself in order to heal her. I'm not saying "don't try" though.))
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Reply With Quote
  #517  
Unread 29th of September, 2007, 03:58
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.86 per day)
Okay I have an idea of how to help her, but I need a volunteer. I eye V and John
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.
Reply With Quote
  #518  
Unread 29th of September, 2007, 06:18
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.02 per day)
I look at Heather, surprised that she's snapped out of it enough to realize she mighta done a bad thing. I touch her hand lightly, to get her attention. I shake my head at her looking at V and John. "ME." I point to myself too.

(Ronnie will back down if Heather insists. Ronnie actually will avoid most any conflict, but she does feel like she's the one responsible and anyway .... if Heather's haveing nothing to do with it she won't put up a fight. She'd just rather it go down this way. Not time for even this post, but thought I'd have something to keep stuff from freezing midaction.

This has been a crazyweirdcooldayl! See yall tonight, knock wood! But no, I didn't touch Survivor at all!)

Last edited by LadyGlutter; 29th of September, 2007 at 06:26. Reason: blake showed up so had time for intentions for ongoing r/h interaction while i'm at workj
Reply With Quote
  #519  
Unread 29th of September, 2007, 10:25
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.86 per day)
I smile, While I appreciate your gusto, I was hoping V would volunteer. I'm probably going to pass out either before or after it happens, and I'd was rather hoping I could trust you to protect me. A very short pause, and a lot of thinking behind the eyes, Even if it's from myself.
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.
Reply With Quote
  #520  
Unread 29th of September, 2007, 12:19
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.02 per day)
I look at Heather a bit surprised, and nod, frowning but agreeing. "Okay."
Reply With Quote
  #521  
Unread 29th of September, 2007, 12:30
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.42 per day)
Veruca looks as if you are about to feed her scorpions.

Um, volunteer for what?
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Reply With Quote
  #522  
Unread 2nd of October, 2007, 05:22
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.86 per day)
For the only option I can think of to help Ala. It shouldn't hurt, and I doubt you will pass out. At most you will probably feel weak or tired.
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.
Reply With Quote
  #523  
Unread 2nd of October, 2007, 11:14
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.42 per day)
??

You can't hear Veruca, Heather. You can't read lips, either.
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Reply With Quote
  #524  
Unread 3rd of October, 2007, 02:27
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.86 per day)
Oops, I forgot.
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.
Reply With Quote
  #525  
Unread 3rd of October, 2007, 04:21
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.02 per day)
((Does that mean I can go now? Huh, can I?))

"She's gonna suck out some of your go juice. She's a very popular girl, on top of being a cheerleader. She oughta be quite good at it by now. Then she's gonna put it in Ala." I smirk at Heather, knowing she doesn't know what I just said, and feeling mean as hell. I look at Veruca and go into her mind, so I can feel exactly what is going on when and if Veruca agrees.

(4, yeah baby, for getting in there, and 11 to speak to her!)

"It's a simple energy transfer. It'll be ok. I'm here and I won't let her hurt you. I have a promise to your father to keep."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 13:36.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren