Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Cadogan Trahem's Games > Lands of Dynasty

 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 27th of June, 2003, 05:24
Cadogan Trahem's Avatar
Cadogan Trahem
Ghostly Sage

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #4
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,857 (0.33 per day)
Chapter 3: Worlds Colliding

Kataji and Koden:

The next day you are both invited to the dwellings of an important official. As you both sit down at the head of a table, you are urged to take a drink of water from a jug from one of the servants. Across the room you can see a door which is barred and two guards bareing Kwan-Do's stand before it. Kataji is taken by suprise at the sight of a Japanese sword sitting on a cloth on one side of the table, still caked in dried blood. No doubt the murder weapon - this talk would be related some how.

Soon a figure emerges from another door, it is the older man who had both spoken to you before. He moves forward before bowing and taking a seat.

"I am sorry to summon you here with such haste." He says apologising for the rude wake up call you both recieved. "But it is indeed news you will be both willing to hear. Im sorry but I had not introduced myself untill now, because trivial matters have haunted me these past days and I had not been myself. I am general Hu Mia Chon of the Wu Garrison here at Naking." This sudden developement has you both utterly frightend and intensely anxious at the same time - this is the man who has supreme control over all the Wu forces here in this city, the only people above him would be the General of Generals and the few who have right to sit above him.

"No doubt you payed witness to the events of yesterday." He says putting his hands together on the table infront of him. "We have reason to believe that it was an assasination attempt on the General and his newly Wed. Luckily by sheer fate or perhaps luck the attempted failed. Out of the two assasins one is dead, the other is badly wounded and under heavy guard by myself and my honour guard personally - untill we can interogate her that is."

"From the look of he though, she is from the Wei kingdom. So we suspect that General CaoCao or perhaps one of his lowly Generals of the Wei Forces to the north is behind this attempt - perhaps for personal gain or glory over such an act." The man nearly spits the words glory out. "In either case, we believe these two are also responcible for the murder that accured two days ago, we have reason to believe that the murder weapon - this weapon right here - was stolen from one of our Japanese guests, infact one male guest - Matrio Lushima I believe - issued a report with a local guard only yesterday night that his weapon was infact missing."

You are both suprised and yet not as the name of your suspect creeps its appearance into the conversation, the man pauses as a servant pours a glass of water and gives it to him. He takes a sip.

"This of course means that all charges of murder against you have been dropped - atleast for the time being, but I don't seem them being re-issued." He says pointing to Kataji. "Oh and you." He says pointing at Koden. "Don't let me forget you, despite that your service to our fair city was only small, your time was still used. I have papers regarding the trade between your Clan and my City being written up as we speak, you would just need to sign them when they are done - I believe I am available to co-sign the papers this afternoon." He smiles at Koden.

Xiao:

You have aweful feelings, your stomach hurts, your arms, your legs, your heads. The pounding in your head gets worse before finally there is silence. You open your eyes and close them again as sharp light from a barred window hurts your head. Slowly you open your eyes to reveal that you are laying down in a bed, bandaged and taken care of, next to you is a small jug of water and some lowly rations.

The last thing you remember was falling from a great height after being repelled from the city of Pai-San by a devlish Lim, and then darkness. You look across the room and notice you're not alone. Sitting with his legs up and looking kind of bored, a guard fiddles with his spear tightening the head onto the shaft - He hasn't noticed that you've awaken yet. Next to him, a sturdy wooden door although it doesn't look like its locked or barred - atleast not from this side.

Soon you hear voices, people discussing something no doubt. (You overhear the conversation above, plus anything that Gral or Cadrius post)

Wu! Naking! Such a distance you think, is it possible you've traveled from the Shu-Wei border at Pai-San to the Riverside port city of Naking in Wu? Such a distance indeed, atleast two weeks travel by fast horse back no doubt all within a near insant.

Your head reals at such force - you truely have to thank the gods that you're not dead or squashed flat like a futuristic batter based food.

Last edited by Cadogan Trahem; 29th of June, 2003 at 06:06.
  #2  
Unread 30th of June, 2003, 05:26
Maeko's Avatar
Maeko
Spectre [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Member: #91
Location: Italy
Posts: 790 (0.14 per day)
I don't move, trying to trick the guard into believing I'm yet asleep.
As impossible as it seems, I must indeed accept that I am in Wu, and, it seems, in very bad waters. Unless there is another Wei subject here I seem to be the suspect they are talking about, although how I arrived here precisely during an assassination attempt is beyond my ken; I don't even recall my capture.

I just hope I'll find a way to prove my innocence, or, at least, a way of escape.
__________________
Maeko

Portrait Adoption
  #3  
Unread 1st of July, 2003, 01:07
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,806 (1.95 per day)
Kataji is stunned to hear that the case against her has been dropped so quickly. The news is welcoming indeed. Still, she can't help but think that the officials have accused the wrong people once again - Lushima did not strike her as being innocent. That he admitted it was his own sword furthered her suspicion, and his story of it's theft was both convenient and after the fact.

"Thank you for seeing the truth of my innocence."

She bows her head and contemplates a way to bring up her concerns without sounding dishonorable. She did not want to focus any undue attention on herself, especially given her uncertain status here. Nothing comes to her and she waits to hear Koden's response, suddenly curious about his own trade agreements.
  #4  
Unread 2nd of July, 2003, 05:12
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (1.03 per day)
The young man remains quiet throughout the general's small speech. His face remains pleasantly cordial but something pulls at the edge of his mind. There's something not entirely right about the situation; things aren't quite matching up in his mind. On the one hand he's elated that he will not need to defend Kataji, the case seemed a very difficult one to prove, but on the other he regrets missing the opportunity matching wits against the challenge.

During all the appropriate places Koden raises his eyebrows or scoffs softly at the mention of the kingdom of Wei. He bows his head once when the general mentions the trade agreement.

"Thank you General," he says, standing and bowing once more, "I shall return this afternoon. It has been an honor serving your city."

He turns to the woman next to him, once the accused, now free, and asks, "Shall I escort you outside now that you're a free woman?"

Once outdoors he makes sure to walk well away from the building before pulling Kataji aside. He gives her a measuring look before speaking in a hushed voice.

"That," he says, "did not go according to plan. There's something here-" he clenches his fists "-that's not quite right. You're free, that's the important part, but things are almost too convenient. This Lushima has connections with a powerful house in Japan."

He bows his head slightly, mulling over the possibilities. There are simply too many to consider them all. The plots weave inward on themselves until they become a tangled mess.

"Any thoughts?" He asks, looking up again.
  #5  
Unread 2nd of July, 2003, 05:27
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,806 (1.95 per day)
For a moment she says nothing, simply regarding him evenly with those dark, measuring eyes. I am always thinking they seem to say to the taller man.

"Nothing is right here."

Her tone is at odds with the words; she speaks them as if discussing the weather. She glances back to make sure they are alone, though she still seems perfectly calm. At ease, almost, as if she has always been free, as if nothing that had gone on before had actually happened.

"They had the weapon when I was arrested; in fact, it was found near my unconscious body. Lushima's story changes nothing about the evidence of the case, nor does this so-called assassination attempt. In no way should any of this exonerate me, or implicate this other and yet here I am. Free."

She clasps her hands together so that they are both now hidden within the sleeves of her robe.

"It tells me that it was convenient to charge me, and that it was equally convenient to drop those charges - there was little to gain by accusing me. It tells me they are not interested in finding the killer; they have simply found someone whose conviction will bring them more profit."
  #6  
Unread 3rd of July, 2003, 09:23
Cadogan Trahem's Avatar
Cadogan Trahem
Ghostly Sage

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #4
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,857 (0.33 per day)
Kataji and Koden:

The day passes with relatively unease. Your suspicions and worry continue to bolster in the pit of your stomachs as the acceptance slowly filters through that Kataji has been cleared of any wrong doing. You wonder the compound, visit the guardens, talk in pricacy about your suspicions but as it seems there is nothing left to do but wait. Shortly after you both eat afternoon lunch, Koden's servant makes an appearance, and Kataji feels awkward.

The friend of the murdered victim, who had exploded with fury the first time she had set her eyes on Kataji aproaches slowly and quietly. Koden imposes himself a few steps forward in case of foul play or vengence. However she stops a few paces ahead.

"I just came to say im sorry." Lei Ping says, "I have heard the charges against you were dropped, and i've come to ask for forgiveness." She speaks to Kataji as she lowers her head and waits for a reply.

Xiao:

You lay in bed as silent and still as you can for as long as you dare, the man across the room continues to meddle with his spear and hum childhood songs to himself before long he lets out a sigh.

"This game of yours is growing long and boring." He speaks, and your heart jumps at that instant. Was he speaking to you? If not who? You peak a look to see the man is sitting, wrapping leather around his spear shaft near the tip to re-enforce it while smiling. No one else is in the room.

"If you don't eat, the food will go to waste, and the cook will be angered by your intentions about his ability to prepare a meal." The man speaks but does not look in your direction instead continues to wrap the leader around the shaft slowly and carefully.
__________________
Sucking up Air since 1984.

Last edited by Cadogan Trahem; 3rd of July, 2003 at 09:26.
  #7  
Unread 5th of July, 2003, 00:07
Maeko's Avatar
Maeko
Spectre [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Member: #91
Location: Italy
Posts: 790 (0.14 per day)
I move as if I just awakened, look in his direction and at my sorroundings.

" Where am I?" I ask, feigning to be weaker than I feel.
__________________
Maeko

Portrait Adoption
  #8  
Unread 7th of July, 2003, 10:58
Cadogan Trahem's Avatar
Cadogan Trahem
Ghostly Sage

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #4
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,857 (0.33 per day)
Xiao:
The man sits back leaning his now completed spear against the wall.

"You are in the custody of General Hu Mia Chon of Wu." he says. "Thats all you need to know for now." He says drawing out a strange stone and a long dagger from his boot. You reel back for a second suspecting foul play before he smiles and begins to sharpen it against the stone.
__________________
Sucking up Air since 1984.
  #9  
Unread 11th of July, 2003, 23:01
Maeko's Avatar
Maeko
Spectre [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Member: #91
Location: Italy
Posts: 790 (0.14 per day)
I try to sit, and take a sip of water, hoping my somach will finally stay still. If my head didn't thob so much I might be able to make some brilliant plan to draw myself out of this trap, but at the moment I can barely remember how I got here...And it's very unlikely that somebody will believe me.
__________________
Maeko

Portrait Adoption
  #10  
Unread 12th of July, 2003, 01:17
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,806 (1.95 per day)
The sadness returns to Kataji's eyes as the Lei Ping approaches, and it deepens as the woman asks for her forgiveness.

"Truly, there is nothing for me to forgive but I forgive you nonetheless. I did not begrudge you your grief then, nor do I now, for I share it with you. Jun Pei befriended me from the moment I arrived and I am very sorry for your loss."

It is probably unwise to say more to this woman right now, but Kataji longs to tell her about their suspicions. It would not ease her pain, though, and it might jeopardize their mission. The young monk swallows down the urge and bows her head instead.
  #11  
Unread 12th of July, 2003, 11:51
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (1.03 per day)
Glancing nervously between the two women, Koden bites his lip and hopes to avoid any further confrontation. Suprisingly the woman reverses her words and attitude. It strikes Koden as odd. One day she's out for the blood of his charge and the next she's docile, even humble.

Does she care more about what the law dictates than what her heart says? he wonders, Not that I think Kataji is guilty, but there must be something else going on.

For once he keeps quiet, allowing the two women their moment.

"Well, then," he says, putting on a smile after Lei Ping leaves, "I'm glad that didn't end up like last time. Come now, you're a free woman. Let's have some fun. I'll buy you a cup of tea."
  #12  
Unread 15th of July, 2003, 01:50
Cadogan Trahem's Avatar
Cadogan Trahem
Ghostly Sage

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #4
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,857 (0.33 per day)
Xiao:

You sit up and turn to the side of the bed, taking a drink, the man nods and smiles but says nothing more. Judging from the rays coming into the window from the west it must be mid-afternoon. You take a quick glance around, none of your equipment is present, and nothing in the room other then those which are on the man, look like they can be used as weapons.

Kataji and Koden:

Lei Ping does not leave after the forgiveness is given, instead she bows a few times and then speaks to both of you.

"I was sent to ask you to follow me to General Hu Mia Chon's quarters. He has sent need for both of you regarding the papers Mr. Koden was to recieve." she bows again. "This way." She says before turning and slowly walking through the gardens towards the compounds beyond.
__________________
Sucking up Air since 1984.
  #13  
Unread 21st of July, 2003, 23:36
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (1.03 per day)
Koden turns his head to Kataji, and raises one eyebrow in question, before following the servant. He draws a deep breath, relishing the scent of the garden. As they walk, he smooths the fabric of his subdued formal wear. The blues and grays of his clothing contrast with the garden's colors.

"How odd," he says, using their native tongue instead of Chinese, "I suppose we'll simply have to see what the General has in store for us both."
  #14  
Unread 22nd of July, 2003, 05:11
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,806 (1.95 per day)
She replies in the same language, watching Lei Peng's back thoughtfully.

"It is strange that I am invited to what amounts to a private deal between you and the general."
__________________
How many deaths shall serve to break at last
This heritage which wraps me in the grey
Apparel of ghosts?
  #15  
Unread 23rd of July, 2003, 12:26
Cadogan Trahem's Avatar
Cadogan Trahem
Ghostly Sage

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #4
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,857 (0.33 per day)
Kataji and Koden:

You follow the servant across the compound and to the general's building. At the building two guards armed with swords and heavy armour stand side by side at the door. The servant approaches and speaks.

"Mr. Koden and Miss Kataji for the General." She finishes with a bow, the soldier returns the bow and ushers you both inside his companion follows. Once you are through the threshold of the door however it is closed, and a rather large sound of it being barred is heard. Not liking this at all you turn around and notice that the guards now stand guarding the inside of the door instead of the outside.

"Ah welcome." Across the room the Wu general is seated, guards flanking him. "Very good then we are all here." Standing across the desk you find Lushima and the Honaki girl standing side by side, in Lushima's hands he holds the sword which was on the desk on your last visit.

The man turns to look at you, his face gone pale he turns and nerviously says quietly to the general. "I thank you for the return of my stolen weapon but I now must be going." He bows but the general does not return the favour.

"Oh but you mustn't." Says the general waving both Koden and Kataji closer to the table. "I must confess I had other reason inviting all three of you here today although I don't believe i've meet you." The general says pointing towards the girl with Lushima.

"I am from the Honaki family in Japan. Teto Honaki." She says delightfully with a bow.

The general returns the bow this time and speaks frankly.

"It is a pleasure." He says standing up. The general likewise is in full armour and with a weapon at his hip - a stark contrast to what he was wearing yesterday.

"I have asked you here for a purpose." He confesses. "As many of you are wondering it does involve the murder a few nights back and the prisoner we have caught today." The man walks across the room and looks out of a barred window.

"One of you here is a murder." He says frankly. "Our prisoner is not this murder, neither am I, neither are my guards." at this Lushima takes a step backwards but his words speak differently.

"If the murder is here is is surely Not I, nor Teto." He starts. "I would offer my aide to have this criminal found and brought to justice." He finishes.

"A kind offer, but we don't need help." Says the general turning back to the room. His face shows anger, anguish and speaks of rage and hunger for justice. "Allow me to line up the evidence and then we can ask, hmm, you who the murder was." He says pointing to Teto. Despite the possible silent accusations which could have accompanied the words of the general the Japanese lady bows and agrees.

"Let us begin. The first evidence is clear, a Japanese sword, and strange pellets filled with a substance to provoke unconciousness when inhailed. Neither come from China." The general says, and Teto nods.

"Kataji here was found at the scene, unconsious, with the same pellets and sword which were used in the murder. She is a forienger and we had some, trouble finding her on our records of guests." The general speaks. "However, the skill used in the murder is not consistant with that of person who would accidently use their own pellets on themself." The general concludes, he walks across to his desk and pulls out a bowl of cold food.

"The next piece of evidence." He says. "This food was taken to Kataji's guards at my request. Except that I did not request it." Everyone looks confused. "Let me clarify they were told that the food was a gift from me for good service. However the events which took place that night prevented them from eating it - when a guard approached me and apologised for this dishonour, I was curious and questioned him further. I then had a poison tester examine the food, and it was indeed a deadly mixture. After this I went to question a servant girl who had apparently served the food - except that she was dead." The man slams his fists down on the table and everyone jumps back. Anger showing in his voice the man continues.

"I asked her friends and family, apparently she had made a new lover who had promised her riches and a new life without a bondage of being a servant." He says, at the same time Lushima takes an uneasy step backwards. "They said she had said nothing more however." The General goes suprisingly calm and turns away from everyone and crosses his hands behind his back to a moment.

Teto takes the oppotunity to speak up.

"All this evidence proves that the criminal was no Chinese, it was not this woman (Kataji), it was someone skilled in poison making, and it was a man or women perhaps from a rich background who has perswasive with women." She says. "That can describe three of us here."

"Yes it can." The general says. "Therefore I bring before you my three remaining pieces of evidence. On the night of the wedding celebration, there was alot of fuss over a simple seating arrangement. So much so that the married couple sought out the trouble makers." The general turns around putting the bowl of food back into his drawer. "The servents were questioned, the seating maps were examined. Koden's seating was in its rightful place, however Lushima was not on the list at all - and you Teto, you lied to have Koden removed."

"Well I.." She begins.

"It does not matter. What was more disturbing was that the name of Lushima was no were, even with different names or spellings." Lushima takes a step backwards.

"But you said earlier that neither was Kataji's name present." Teto started in Lushima's defense. "Is it possible that both share a common folly? The misplacement of part of the guest list perhaps." She spoke the truth however Kataji knew exactly why she wasn't on the guest list.

"We examined this as well, and unless both Kataji and Lushima were on the same page which only consisted of two names then it is unlikely. No, Kataji and Lushima share a common link - neither are guests." The general speaks, a sweat is now on Lushima's brow.

"I confess, I am a stow away." Lushima says with suprise. "I borrowed some nobles cloths and weapons and left the ship he came on. I was dazzeled by your culture and your people - I picked up the language after a few days then then infiltrated the front gate." He says lowering his head as though in shame. Teto looks at him in suprise - clearly she had thought he was an influential man.

"Oh really, well thats nice to know but it doesn't exactly save you Murder!" Everyone looks at the General who is now drawing his sword.

"What!?" Lushima says.

"Out of all the four people here, only two were present during the first murder. Koden and Teto arrived on a boat the day after - Lushima or whatever your name is, your justice will be swift."

"Damn you old man!" Lushima jumps behind Teto and brings his sword to her throat, she lets out a scream and begins to cry.

"Matrio say it isn't so!" She screams using his first name as though they were closer.

"Quiet!" He tightens his grip on her throat - it was more clear that Lushima was playing Teto all along, and that Teto was more closer to former, non-murdering, Lushima then you two had thought, though the man does not share the link between them.

"General, I commend you on your investigation. You have foiled my mission, but i'll have you know there is no easy way out of this for you." Lushima speaks calmly as though in full control, a split second later he cries in agony and Teto uses the chance to escape rushing across the room to hide behind a guard.

On further investigation, you see that a spear had protruded from a hole in a near by wall to stab Lushima in the back before withdrawing. A near by door opens to the room where you were informed the prisoner was being held and a man branishing a spear emerges.

"This is my Decree of Justice." The general speaks. "May you be killed, your soul banished and barred from this world, and your body sent back to your master as word of your failure and as warning of further intrusion. Let is be so." The man finishes, drawing his blade, immediately around the room the five guards move forward towards Lushima.

Xiao:

After waiting all day, eventually you overhear the entire discussion (above) held by the general and the stange people outside. Relieved that you are not being found guilty of crimes you havn't commited you let out a sigh of relief. The guard with you grabs his spear and pushes aside a table to reveal a small hold just big enough for the spear to fit. He peaks through before jamming the spear to create a sound of agony on the other side.

He withdraws the spear and moves to the door, pushing aside a panel and reaching out to unlock it he opens the door and moves outside were you can see several people preparing for battle. The guard pays you no attention anymore.


Everyone

Initative:

Xiao
Koden
Kataji
General
Guards
Teto

OOC: Cadrius, Lushima is about 15 ft from you with Kataji inbetween. Gral, you are just out of melee range. Maeko you can't tell who is who, the Wu soldiers and general are easy to pick but the four strangers are hardly - you narrow it down that Lushima is the one who is wounded, although you're not sure if you want to get involved or whether you should try and escape.
__________________
Sucking up Air since 1984.
  #16  
Unread 28th of July, 2003, 03:09
Maeko's Avatar
Maeko
Spectre [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Member: #91
Location: Italy
Posts: 790 (0.14 per day)
I try to make miself very scarce and enter the hall, always walking near the wall and trying a good position to see what happens but not so near as to risk becoming an hostage or getting in anybody's way.
I decide against escaping, they have cleared me of murder, but if I tried to escape they might just decide I'm a Wei spy.
__________________
Maeko

Portrait Adoption
  #17  
Unread 29th of July, 2003, 09:53
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (1.03 per day)
Uncertain as to the actions of the now-accused murderer, Koden takes several steps to the side and puts Lushima squarely in his sights.

What to do? he wonders, afraid for the first time that the Chinese might not have priests, and thus panic if he were to conjure fire. There is also the matter of setting the room on fire, something Koden is not all that adept at avoiding. They must have some magic here, he decides, let's start with something simple.

He falls into a quick chant, swaying back and forth. One hand begins to fall into a gentle, circular pattern. His ring, the signet of his family, seems to glow more brightly.

"Follow the ring," he says, his voice becoming more soothing and deeper as the invisible strands of magic stretch forward, attempting to ensnare Lushima's consciousness.

((OOC: casting Hypnotism on Lushima))

Last edited by Cadrius; 29th of July, 2003 at 09:55.
  #18  
Unread 30th of July, 2003, 02:06
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,806 (1.95 per day)
Kataji watches the general impassively, her eyes on him the entire time, yet she observes Lushima in her periphery. When the general pulls out the bowl of food and reveals that it had been poisoned, she can feel her stomach tighten. She had suspected he might poison her, but she hadn't though about the guards.

The situation rapidly deteriorates into confusion as the wily Lushima slips away from the spear attack. Kataji is ready, and she fairly pounces forward at him, her arms and legs all the weapons and armor she needs. Finally, there is a chance to act.

<OOC: Move forward and attack Lushima. If successful, I'll try and grapple him per the improved grapple feat.>
  #19  
Unread 4th of August, 2003, 02:17
Cadogan Trahem's Avatar
Cadogan Trahem
Ghostly Sage

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #4
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,857 (0.33 per day)
Moving to the rear of the room, only two guards pay attention to Xiao as she distances herself from the fight. Koden and Kataji on the left, the General infront and a spearman on the right. Behind Koden 2 guards stand, and behind the General a further 2 more wait.

Koden casts his spell, but Lushima just laughs and spits something in his native tongue equating to an "amature" insult. Kataji moves forward ready to grable but like lightning Lushima evades her attacks, the General brings himself forward his sword now glowing a distant cyan colour.

Lushima looks the man up and down bringing forth his sword, he mutters some words and his cloaked in an errie black mist which burns your noses with a stench of ember and carrion.

"I would be careful." The general speaks in a monotone to Kataji and Koden. "He is not human."

At this instant Lushima lets out a laugh which sounds far too deep for it to be him alone. "Not human!? Hah! you grace me."

"He is a trickster, a killer, a paracite." The general continues.
"Oh yes." Lushima replies.
"First he finds a host, then he sucks on thier life force untill they are gone - in the mean time causing all kind of chaos, yes, we've met before." The General speaks over Lushima's sarcasm.
"Oh yes, quite a few times." Comes the responce with a coy smile.
"This time is the last time, Mitimoshi!" The general spits the last words.
"Argh! My Name! You... YOU! I will kill you!" Lushima or whatever it is seems quite panics and aggrivated by the generals words. In his defiant stance he grins saddistically.

"Meet my work, my terror, my brutal savage nature. For Four hundred years!" He raises one of his arms into the air and the room is filled with screams and shrieks of people, both male, female, and child, a cold chill strikes the bones of everyone, three of the guards, Koden, Xiao and Kataji begin to shudder uncontrolably at the screams of the people this thing has consumed - Teto lies in a ball at the rear of the room screaming.

The creature raises its sword, and goes to strike at the general in his moment of weakness, but the general parries with his enchanted blade faster and surer then the sun hits the found upon sunrise.

The guards at the back of the room remain standing although a clear sweat is on the brow of a few, and they are uneasy and look slightly frightened.

(Koden, that spell was one you do not know of and judging by the lack of words, or movements it seems almost impossible that it was a spell at all - but more of an ability.)

Xiao
Koden
Kataji
General
Lushima
Guards
Teto

(OOC: Sorry for the heavy dialogue in the combat but I needed to add it, to make everything suddenly clear, and don't worry you're not as useless as you seem, remember trickery does not equal strength.)
__________________
Sucking up Air since 1984.
  #20  
Unread 4th of August, 2003, 05:23
Maeko's Avatar
Maeko
Spectre [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Member: #91
Location: Italy
Posts: 790 (0.14 per day)
Having by now gauged the situation well enough, Xiao Hu looks around, searching for anything that could work as a weapon against Lushima.
__________________
Maeko

Portrait Adoption
  #21  
Unread 6th of August, 2003, 03:44
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,806 (1.95 per day)
Undaunted by the ease at which her nemesis has evaded her, Kataji maintains her balanced stance and slides forward on the balls of her feet. The Lushima-thing is engaged with the general; perhaps it's distraction will lend her the edge she needs to land a blow.

<OOC: Flank Lushima and attack, attempt stunning fist (DC15). >
__________________
How many deaths shall serve to break at last
This heritage which wraps me in the grey
Apparel of ghosts?
  #22  
Unread 8th of August, 2003, 13:34
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (1.03 per day)
The gauntlets are off now, Koden thinks. Had he a cooler head he might realize exactly how dangerous this creature must be. Yet his temper shines through and he falls into another chant. With each word and gesture he feels filled with the spirit of the Phoenix, the spirit that his house is supposed to represent.

"If you don't like that trick," he says, sneering at the thing that was Lushima, "perhaps you'll like this one."

Completing the spell, a ball of flame appears in the plam of Koden's hand. Heat roils off it, but it does not harm his flesh as he gently tosses it up and down. The flame rises and falls hypnotically. Eyes narrowing, he snatches the ball from the air.

"Care to try this one?"

((OOC: Cast Produce Flame and move to where he has a clear line of fire to Lushima))
  #23  
Unread 8th of August, 2003, 23:40
Cadogan Trahem's Avatar
Cadogan Trahem
Ghostly Sage

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #4
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,857 (0.33 per day)
Xiao looks around the room for a weapon, and doesn't find much other then items which would be improvised weapons, such as chairs or a flag pole which could be used as a staff.

Koden casts his spell summoning a ball of flame in his hand, manuvering to get a clear shot at Lushima although with the General in the way the shot is a difficult one, the man hurls the ball across the room to let it explode in flames on Lushima's side - the creature crying out in pain.

Kataji moves to flank Lushima, but this does not go unnoticed as the creature turns and attacks her as she moves past causing a minor gash on her upper left arm. Once in position she strikes channeling her Ki into her fists to Stun his opponent, despite Lushima's drawn attention between Kataji and the General he manages to dodge her attack.

However, the general takes the oppotunity to strike at the creature, slashing down on it with his sword. Lushima attempts to dodge and roll with the bloe but the magical blade still cuts deep wounding his body further.

Knowing his is no match while flanked, Lushima retreats taking a slash at the general who lets his armour deflect much of the impact - Both the General and Kataji take the opportunity to strike at the retreating form but he proves too nimble. Lushima rolls to his feet and finds himself in the corner of the room, bleeding badly from one side, scortched on his left, and bleeding from his back.

The guards compose themselves but remain in their positions as though they were told not to get involved. Although the one guard with a spear lunges forward and stabs but Lushima manages a frantic wave of defensive parries with his sword.

Initative:
Xiao
Koden
Kataji
General
Lushima
Guards
Teto

Kataji took 4 damage
__________________
Sucking up Air since 1984.
  #24  
Unread 9th of August, 2003, 05:53
Maeko's Avatar
Maeko
Spectre [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Member: #91
Location: Italy
Posts: 790 (0.14 per day)
Grabbing the pole with a silent sigh, Xiao Hu moves in to attack Lushima, more hoping to distract him opening him to attack from another quarter, rather than thinking of doing him serious harm.
__________________
Maeko

Portrait Adoption
  #25  
Unread 12th of August, 2003, 07:19
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (1.03 per day)
Koden's eyes blaze as he watches the fiery missle slam into Lushima's side. Warmth pours through him as he feels the sweetness of the spell flowing within. Another ball of flame flows into his hand growing from his palm and staying within a neat area, as if held within an invisible lantern.

The forces he has called upon seem to cry out; to beg him to continue the wrath. Koden is happy to oblige. Forgoing the hazards of hurling the ball past the others, Koden rushes forward. As he does the ball begins to flatten and bend, molding itself around his hand. With a cry, he lashes at the creature, the fire protecting his hand.

((OOC: move to Lushima, make melee touch with Produce Flame))
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 23:04.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren