Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Zoombie's Games > Babylon 5: On the Edge

Reply
Thread Tools
  #26  
Unread 12th of August, 2010, 04:54
Zoombie's Avatar
Zoombie
Ghoul [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Member: #2002
Posts: 235 (0.06 per day)
The Troy burned hard, the crew reacting with competence and speed. The fighters and shuttles scrambled, though they were slowed by a minor gaffe in the hanger bays. The freighter was moving towards the Troy, meaning the two reached one another faster than they would normally meet.

(The Troy is in the same range band as the fighters)

The Frazi fighters, obviously unwilling to abandon their friends, redoubled their attempts to blast at their target. Shots blasted through space, twin linked particle cannons blasting. Two of the fighters missed outright, and the last was unable to breach the armor of the target.

The shuttle and half of Alpha Squad were deployed.

(Troy's turn once more. Turn sequence goes Troy, Freighter, Frazi Fighters, Fighters, then Shuttle)
__________________
BUY WAR BONDS: Support our brave boys keeping the peace in newly Annexed Canada!



Last edited by Zoombie; 12th of August, 2010 at 04:58.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Unread 12th of August, 2010, 05:10
Drowned Man's Avatar
Drowned Man
Small Zombie

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Member: #8393
Posts: 31 (0.01 per day)
Wolfe's eyes narrow, watching the enemy fighters take shots at the freighter. "All hands, fire at will!"

He looks to the ship's helmsman. "Bring her about. I want to bring the port weapons to bear."
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Unread 12th of August, 2010, 05:39
Zoombie's Avatar
Zoombie
Ghoul [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Member: #2002
Posts: 235 (0.06 per day)
The forward twinlinked heavy lasers reached out a two fingers of invisible coherent light, smashing into one of the Frazi fighters. The flat and ugly fighter was bathed in that energy beam for less than a nanosecond before it turned into a rapidly expanding red gas.

McGuiness burned hard and the shuttle almost rammed into the freighter's dock port, the multi-fit airlock biting into the metal of the ship. Everyone floated in zero gravity, even as McGuiness drew her pistol and opened the airlock.

The freighter was built like a bulbous stick, with several large circular storage bays that were crammed with raw material from the system. The central axis, though, was essentially a lattice work of metal support beams, lit by a few lamps. Four pirates in black uniforms were firing PPGs at the bridge, which - from your perspective - was 'up'. There wasn't really up or down, though, thanks to the microgravity in the ship.

Two of the pirates noticed the opening sound of the airlock. They turned.

(Okay, so, the way this goes is thus. We'll resolve one round of combat, then resolve the next round of the same combat. Then so on.)

(Space Combat goes: Troy, Freighter, Frazi and Frazi)

(Ground Combat goes: McGuiness, Atlas, Pirate 3, Pirate 4, Pirate 2, Pirate 1, Bierce.)

McGuiness kicked off rapidly, moving from the airlock to cover, firing as she did so. Her PPG flashed and the shot slammed into one of the pirates that had noticed her. The blast kicked into his shoulder, wounding him - and he was a Narn, you could all see. McGuiness was behind cover now, across the way from the airlock.
__________________
BUY WAR BONDS: Support our brave boys keeping the peace in newly Annexed Canada!


Reply With Quote
  #29  
Unread 12th of August, 2010, 06:00
Zoombie's Avatar
Zoombie
Ghoul [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Member: #2002
Posts: 235 (0.06 per day)
Atlas leaned around the corner of the airlock and squeezed off two shots with his PPG. One blasted a Narn in the back, sending him cartwheeling forward into the bridge door. The next shot hit the other Narn in the head, blasting his brains over the wall.

The one of the surviving unharmed Narns opened fire with his pistol, blasting the wall, then hitting McGuiness in the chest. She grunted, face screwed up with pain as she was caught up against the wall, her wound cauterized by the blast, which had to be the only good thing about the situation.

The other fired back as well, but the shot hit the airlock rather than striking Atlas.
__________________
BUY WAR BONDS: Support our brave boys keeping the peace in newly Annexed Canada!



Last edited by Zoombie; 12th of August, 2010 at 06:02.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Unread 12th of August, 2010, 06:18
Mercutio's Avatar
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1485
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 8,215 (1.93 per day)
Bierce stayed behind cover. Once the pirates were whittled down to only one combatant, then he would step around the corner and send the remaining Narn into a daze.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Unread 12th of August, 2010, 09:13
Zoombie's Avatar
Zoombie
Ghoul [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Member: #2002
Posts: 235 (0.06 per day)
Bierce leaned from cover, then affixed his gaze on the Narn. The Narn froze, his neural cortex being sent into a locked up pattern. For as long as Bierce remained focused, the Narn would continue to be stunned in a fugue state.

(Space combat round begins, Troy goes first, followed by freighter, Frazi fighters, and then Alpha Squad)
__________________
BUY WAR BONDS: Support our brave boys keeping the peace in newly Annexed Canada!


Reply With Quote
  #32  
Unread 13th of August, 2010, 04:38
Drowned Man's Avatar
Drowned Man
Small Zombie

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Member: #8393
Posts: 31 (0.01 per day)
Wolfe looked faintly pleased with the destruction of one fighter, and stood up a little straighter.

"Keep firing," he said. "Clear that space."
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Unread 13th of August, 2010, 16:34
Zoombie's Avatar
Zoombie
Ghoul [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Member: #2002
Posts: 235 (0.06 per day)
Mr. Wolfe could feel the faint rumbling as the forward heavy interceptor guns opened fire, quivering in their turret casings as they fired off magnetically accelerated slivers of ferrous metal. The streams of blue shifted bullets caught one Frazi in the engine flukes, sending it spinning at a hundred G's before it's structure failed and it flew apart. The other was blasted straight in half by a line of interceptor rounds.

"Both fighters destroyed." Forward Gunnery reported through the intercom.

Meanwhile, on the freighter, McGuiness was rapidly slipping into shock and the Narn that Bierce had stunned continued to stair off into space, though the telepath would have to keep concentrating to continue the fugue.

(Make a concentration check every minute or when trying to preform a complex action, Mercurio)
__________________
BUY WAR BONDS: Support our brave boys keeping the peace in newly Annexed Canada!


Reply With Quote
  #34  
Unread 13th of August, 2010, 17:04
Drowned Man's Avatar
Drowned Man
Small Zombie

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Member: #8393
Posts: 31 (0.01 per day)
Wolfe nodded at the report. "Good work. Reach out sensors in the area, make sure we're clear. Send another squad onto the freighter."
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Unread 14th of August, 2010, 07:12
Zoombie's Avatar
Zoombie
Ghoul [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Member: #2002
Posts: 235 (0.06 per day)
The sensor bounce back came back negative contacts, as far as the scanners could reach.

A second squad arrived on the freighter, including a medic who began to patch up McGuiness and prepair her for evacuation. The dead Narns were pushed to the side until they could be disposed, and the survivor was restrained by a few ziplines.

The bridge door was rather hard to open, as it had been fused shut by the desperate pilot and navigator of the freighter, who were overwhelmingly glad to see the Earth Force soldiers who had rescued them.

Captain Kimberata nodded. "Good work Mr. Wolfe." He said, before turning on his com.

"Srg. Hale, please give a sit rep."
__________________
BUY WAR BONDS: Support our brave boys keeping the peace in newly Annexed Canada!


Reply With Quote
  #36  
Unread 14th of August, 2010, 07:19
Shadow_Link's Avatar
Shadow_Link
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1080
Location: Here. No, not there, HERE!
Posts: 563 (0.12 per day)
Sgt. Hale responded on the coms, "We took out the pirates, securing one alive. McGuiness was hit and is getting preped for medivac. All civies are secured. Awaiting further orders, Sir."
__________________
"I have risen from the dead to strike at your very soul!"
- Shadow_Link
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Unread 14th of August, 2010, 07:24
Zoombie's Avatar
Zoombie
Ghoul [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Member: #2002
Posts: 235 (0.06 per day)
"Gather all intelligence possible then return for a full debrief." The Captain tapped off the coms. "Mr. Wolfe, start preparing an escort for the freighter."
__________________
BUY WAR BONDS: Support our brave boys keeping the peace in newly Annexed Canada!


Reply With Quote
  #38  
Unread 14th of August, 2010, 07:39
Shadow_Link's Avatar
Shadow_Link
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1080
Location: Here. No, not there, HERE!
Posts: 563 (0.12 per day)
"Yes Sir." Atlas turned to Bierce, "Well, the Captain says gather all intelligence possible, so I will work the crew and you can do you whole," Atlas puts his first two fingers on his one of his temples and outstretches his other arm towards the Narn, wiggling his fingers, "Mind-crush thing."
__________________
"I have risen from the dead to strike at your very soul!"
- Shadow_Link
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Unread 16th of August, 2010, 08:20
Mercutio's Avatar
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1485
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 8,215 (1.93 per day)
"Will do, but I think it will go better for us if we bring him onboard and keep him in the brig. Just in case we need a bargaining chip."
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Unread 17th of August, 2010, 16:21
Shadow_Link's Avatar
Shadow_Link
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1080
Location: Here. No, not there, HERE!
Posts: 563 (0.12 per day)
"Don't care where you do it, just do it soon. Grab a grunt to help you stow him where you want him and get to brain cracking."
__________________
"I have risen from the dead to strike at your very soul!"
- Shadow_Link
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Unread 24th of August, 2010, 07:58
Mercutio's Avatar
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1485
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 8,215 (1.93 per day)
"Done." Bierce gestured for some of the crew to bind the Narn and bring him aboard the Troy for interrogation.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Unread 26th of August, 2010, 07:42
Zoombie's Avatar
Zoombie
Ghoul [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Member: #2002
Posts: 235 (0.06 per day)
The Narn is bundled up and dragged into the shuttle, even as the medic finishes patching up McGuiness.

"Are you guys coming back, or do you have more to do here?" The shuttle pilot asks, looking at Mercurtio and Atlas.
__________________
BUY WAR BONDS: Support our brave boys keeping the peace in newly Annexed Canada!


Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 21:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren