Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Wired*Nun's Games > ...It Brings On Many Changes

Reply
Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 6th of March, 2009, 05:15
Wired*Nun's Avatar
Wired*Nun
Author of Sci-Fi Thrillers [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #830
Location: Woodbridge, Virginia
Posts: 8,526 (1.74 per day)
Three Ventrue

Rurik's call to the Deputy ME nets them an immediate appointment with Dr. Boudry.

[I will assume you two will go in Tatyana's limousine, since she travels with retainers and Rurik is not, right now.]

Tatyana and Rurik join Tatyana's team in her waiting limousine. There is a male driver, a young, serious-looking female personal assistant, and two apparent bodyguards. One of the guards and the assistant join them in the passenger compartment.

The trip over to the morgue is uneventful. Dr. Boudry is waiting for them at the main entrance. "Mister Svendsen? Nice to meet you." She shakes his hand with aplomb. "I am Stephanie Boudry, Deputy Medical Examiner." She has a slight accent - Germanic maybe? She turns to Tatyana and introduces herself as well. "Please, come with me."

Down the elevator to B2, and they debouch into a cold tiled corridor. Dr. Boudry buttons her lab coat. Down a couple of portals and through a set of swinging double doors, they enter a large room with body sized drawers. This room is even colder. Dr. Boudry slides on a pair of surgical gloves while asking, "Which remains are you interested in seeing?"

Last edited by Wired*Nun; 6th of March, 2009 at 06:23.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 6th of March, 2009, 06:12
Vortigern's Avatar
Vortigern
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Member: #7429
Posts: 859 (0.27 per day)
Rurik recites the names of all the publicly known victims immediately. "And all found with them. I would also like to examine their personal effects and copies of your reports thus far." he says, nodding to the ME. "Thank you."
__________________
V/R,
Vortigern

"Adventure is something bad, happening to someone else, far far away."
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 6th of March, 2009, 08:10
Darqueone's Avatar
Darqueone
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Member: #2897
Location: Altus OK
Posts: 776 (0.21 per day)
Tatyana and Rurik

In the car:

"Mr. Svendsen..." her voice is low, smooth "I'm grateful you've taken leadership of this little... venture... for our Elders. May I ask a question?"

They are alone, having dropped off her retainers and seperated from the driver by a soundproof barrier.

***
At the ME's:

Tatyana is quiet, returns the ghoul's greeting, and doesn't discourage the assumption that she is a secretary or note-taker for this masterful man. The sights and smells of a mourge are clearly unfamiliar to her, but she controls her distaste.

Listen, look, learn... watch for the things that aren't here, what we aren't being shown.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 6th of March, 2009, 08:35
Vortigern's Avatar
Vortigern
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Member: #7429
Posts: 859 (0.27 per day)
In The Car:

Ruriks expression becomes something different, not amused, not perplexed... interested. He blinks twice, straitening in his seat before giving a deep nod as one hand comes to rest on his chest. When he answers it is in russian. "Of course. I can promise you no answers, we all have our limits after all. Yet I would not deny you anything without a reason to do so. "
__________________
V/R,
Vortigern

"Adventure is something bad, happening to someone else, far far away."
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 6th of March, 2009, 09:08
Darqueone's Avatar
Darqueone
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Member: #2897
Location: Altus OK
Posts: 776 (0.21 per day)
In The Car and in Russian TFN:

"You are so kind." she smiles "Would it be impertinent of me to ask why you developed the teams you did for this particular part of the mission? Why us, and them?"

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 6th of March, 2009, 09:15
Vortigern's Avatar
Vortigern
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Member: #7429
Posts: 859 (0.27 per day)
In The Car and In Russian:

Again, he seems more interested than anything else. "I originally wanted Mr. James to feel that I trusted him without supervision. I did not pair you with him because I do not. Instead I gave him to Mr. Van Dur Luyden, to see what happens, and kept your company to enjoy myself."

He pauses a moment, taking a deliberate breath before continueing. "Now. Why are you so pleased that I am involved?"
__________________
V/R,
Vortigern

"Adventure is something bad, happening to someone else, far far away."
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 6th of March, 2009, 09:20
Darqueone's Avatar
Darqueone
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Member: #2897
Location: Altus OK
Posts: 776 (0.21 per day)
(As before)

She nods as he explains, and then answers. "Because Ventrue work well with strong leadership." she smiles, amused "And it would benefit all of us, I think, if this venture works well."
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 6th of March, 2009, 09:33
Vortigern's Avatar
Vortigern
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Member: #7429
Posts: 859 (0.27 per day)
( - Car Conversation )

Rurik nods slowly, looking out the window and rubbing his hands together as he does so. "I agree, on both accounts." he says. "Though this particular matter is perplexing me. It is a strange business. Have you seen the like before? And do you have an recommendations for me that you may feel more at liberty to voice 'now'?"

"I think this entire affair is a message. A statement of some kind. Perhaps an answer to something long ago. I know not. Yet it appears too artfully done to not have more meaning to the actors involved."
__________________
V/R,
Vortigern

"Adventure is something bad, happening to someone else, far far away."
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 6th of March, 2009, 09:48
Darqueone's Avatar
Darqueone
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Member: #2897
Location: Altus OK
Posts: 776 (0.21 per day)
"Mmmm...

"I have not seen the like before. I have seen... very odd things. I think we would do well to recall our commission; gather information.

"I cannot say I know your Prince well, or at all. I presented myself, of course, so I have seen the man; that is all. It may be that we are to be seen working on his behalf to resolve the matter. Eventually, perhaps we are to find someone to blame; someone or some ones the Prince can punish, to put his people at ease.

"I am not sure we are intended to find... very much at all. I think we should certainly be seen to make every effort to gather the information needed, however.

"That said... yes. It is very involved, very complicated. Absolutely a coordinated effort; any one thing that could accomplish all these acts, so quickly, is not something we could find, or defeat, unless it allowed us to do so.

"If this is a ... conspiracy, between several things... that might make things easier for us. There will be more... cracks. Divisions. Opportunities. Examining the remains and effects is expected, and I think perhaps has already been done. Albeit, not by us. We will do so, view the crime scenes, and make our notes. Then we will find another avenue, and begin to make progress."

She finishes this summary with a faint smile and an expression that combines understanding, amusement, and distaste for the necessities that face them.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 6th of March, 2009, 09:57
Vortigern's Avatar
Vortigern
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Member: #7429
Posts: 859 (0.27 per day)
Rurik does not react at first other than to lean back into his seat in the limousine. Drawing a breath once again, a deliberate act in preparation to speak, he looks back towards Tatyana. "Our thoughts run along similar lines then. I however am determined, however unlikely it might appear at first glance, to make all efforts towards success in finding the enemy. And taking them for the Prince's Justice. I caveat that by desire to not be predictable. Perhaps in that I am in some ways doomed to failure, yet... not all things. I have no desire to appear a zealot even if in some ways I am one."
__________________
V/R,
Vortigern

"Adventure is something bad, happening to someone else, far far away."

Last edited by Wired*Nun; 7th of March, 2009 at 05:33.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 6th of March, 2009, 10:01
Darqueone's Avatar
Darqueone
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Member: #2897
Location: Altus OK
Posts: 776 (0.21 per day)
She smiles, perhaps indulgently "It is your prerogative, as a favored one of the Prince, to act in this way on his behalf. I will, of course, support you however modestly I might be able to. We all have our passions, no matter the Toreador prefer to think they've 'cornered the market'.

"Still and all... it will be interesting to discover what we discover. After that, we must take events as they unfold, no?"

Last edited by Wired*Nun; 7th of March, 2009 at 05:33.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 6th of March, 2009, 15:14
Vortigern's Avatar
Vortigern
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Member: #7429
Posts: 859 (0.27 per day)
Rurik: "I have no doubt you have more skills and resources available to you than you choose to seem like. You could not have lived so long as other than a plaything were it not so. And I do not have that impression from you. There is a certain value in being underestimated."
__________________
V/R,
Vortigern

"Adventure is something bad, happening to someone else, far far away."
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 7th of March, 2009, 01:00
Darqueone's Avatar
Darqueone
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Member: #2897
Location: Altus OK
Posts: 776 (0.21 per day)
She smiles, again modestly. "I cannot deal from a position of strength, thus I must deal from weakness. I'm afraid I'm rather accustomed to lady-like behavior including the lady in question maintaining some air of mystery about her. Old habits die hard."

Last edited by Wired*Nun; 7th of March, 2009 at 05:32.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 7th of March, 2009, 05:20
Vortigern's Avatar
Vortigern
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Member: #7429
Posts: 859 (0.27 per day)
Rurik tilts his head to one side to look askance at Tatyana, his expression turning to a smile now. "And that is why I wanted to keep you to myself." he says, speaking softly. "I am long accustomed to my knightly role, and I felt perhaps that you would complement me the best. We shall have to see how our fledglings turn out."
__________________
V/R,
Vortigern

"Adventure is something bad, happening to someone else, far far away."

Last edited by Wired*Nun; 7th of March, 2009 at 05:32.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 7th of March, 2009, 05:46
Darqueone's Avatar
Darqueone
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Member: #2897
Location: Altus OK
Posts: 776 (0.21 per day)
She nods. "Although, it strikes me there is a duty to guide them. We should consider perhaps taking one each, learning more about them. We will need to know their strengths and weaknesses. What do you think?"
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 7th of March, 2009, 14:52
Vortigern's Avatar
Vortigern
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Member: #7429
Posts: 859 (0.27 per day)
Rurik considers her words for a long moment before speaking, folding his hands in his lap. "I think that Mr. Van Dur Luyden has the proper guise and style for the modern breed, but is at first impression in need of strengthening. Mr. James is the opposite. He requires the guise, yet has strength. I intend to use their strengths to our advantage, as we should, but also I tend to force the young to learn by 'showing' them the need to improve, rather than trying to convince them of it. Perhaps I will be proved wrong on either count. Nothing would please me more. Yet first I seek to let them test the water as it were and show me more of themselves."

He pauses, taking another long and deliberate breath for speaking. "Your proposal to pair off with them is valid, and was my inclined next 'phase' if you will already. We do not disagree I think."
__________________
V/R,
Vortigern

"Adventure is something bad, happening to someone else, far far away."
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Unread 7th of March, 2009, 15:13
Darqueone's Avatar
Darqueone
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Member: #2897
Location: Altus OK
Posts: 776 (0.21 per day)
Tatyana nods, in sober agreement.

((OOC I think I'm ready to move on to the ME, if you are.))

Companionable silence reigns for the rest of the trip.

Last edited by Wired*Nun; 9th of March, 2009 at 12:56.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Unread 10th of March, 2009, 01:54
Wired*Nun's Avatar
Wired*Nun
Author of Sci-Fi Thrillers [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #830
Location: Woodbridge, Virginia
Posts: 8,526 (1.74 per day)
The trip over to the morgue is uneventful. Dr. Boudry is waiting for them at the main entrance. "Mister Svendsen? Nice to meet you." She shakes his hand with aplomb. "I am Stephanie Boudry, Deputy Medical Examiner." She has a slight accent - Germanic maybe? She turns to Tatyana and introduces herself as well. "Please, come with me."

Down the elevator to B2, and they debouch into a cold tiled corridor. Dr. Boudry buttons her lab coat. Down a couple of portals and through a set of swinging double doors, they enter a large room with body sized drawers. This room is even colder. Dr. Boudry slides on a pair of surgical gloves while asking, "Which remains are you interested in seeing?"

Rurik recites the names of all the publicly known victims immediately. "And all found with them. I would also like to examine their personal effects and copies of your reports thus far." he says, nodding to the ME. "Thank you."

Tatyana is quiet, returns the ghoul's greeting, and doesn't discourage the assumption that she is a secretary or note-taker for this masterful man. The sights and smells of a mourge are clearly unfamiliar to her, but she controls her distaste.

Listen, look, learn... watch for the things that aren't here, what we aren't being shown.
Boudry looks at Rurik, nonplussed. "You don't want much, do you? We are running forensics on everything, it's routine. Most of it is at the crime lab." She walks over, selects a drawer, and pulls it out, putting a lot of effort into it. They are smooth drawers but heavy nonetheless.

"This is the hooker. Benson. I managed to hide the evidence of the elder's decomposition. I turned over some bone and tooth fragments to the Chantry. In my report I said the fang and other marks were punctures from the glass window she was thrown through. There were also punctures from something else. Claws, maybe. Something immensely strong that grabbed her with one hand, about here -" she indicates a place on the body's ribcage, where they can see something that looks like a handprint in purplish bruising, along with puncture marks where claws would be.

"No human could have done this." She leaves the implicit accusation unstated. "But she died of the deceleration trauma. For all its violence, the grasp hardly did any damage - no major skin tearing, no broken ribs, nothing but the propulsion from the window. Which was closed, glass."

Last edited by Wired*Nun; 10th of March, 2009 at 22:17.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 10th of March, 2009, 12:13
Vortigern's Avatar
Vortigern
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Member: #7429
Posts: 859 (0.27 per day)
Rurik stands with his arms crossed over his chest watching the presentation with a detached calm and little external reaction. "Then that would indicate a deliberate restraint, you would agree?" he says softly.
__________________
V/R,
Vortigern

"Adventure is something bad, happening to someone else, far far away."
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Unread 10th of March, 2009, 12:29
Wired*Nun's Avatar
Wired*Nun
Author of Sci-Fi Thrillers [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #830
Location: Woodbridge, Virginia
Posts: 8,526 (1.74 per day)
"In one sense. I'm not qualified to judge these things, but common sense would seem to mean that whatever did it wanted her to die of the fall, rather than something else. But an Elder would not have died of a fall. Unfortunately there's not enough evidence to figure out real cause of final death."
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Unread 10th of March, 2009, 13:40
Darqueone's Avatar
Darqueone
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Member: #2897
Location: Altus OK
Posts: 776 (0.21 per day)
OOC Ok, just for the record.... "She walks over, selects a drawer, and pulls it out, putting her body into it. They are smooth drawers but heavy nonetheless. " - I had to read this several times to see that she was putting a great deal of effort, using the whole of her body strength and leverage to open the drawer. "... putting her body into it..." made me think she was climbing in.... [ed- fixed the wording.] [hey, it just made me laugh!! - JS]

IC: "And the others?" she asks softly.

Last edited by Darqueone; 11th of March, 2009 at 05:35.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Unread 10th of March, 2009, 23:38
Vortigern's Avatar
Vortigern
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Member: #7429
Posts: 859 (0.27 per day)
Rurik examines each body, or what is left there of, in a similarly 'clinical' manner. He is unabashed at handling the remains or the effects. Indeed he does so at some length to get a better view if necessary.

Relating to the first body ( Benson ): Is the hand print of customary normal human size or no? Are the claws consistent with any known 'profile'? i.e. kindred or lupine or other? Is it possible to determine?
__________________
V/R,
Vortigern

"Adventure is something bad, happening to someone else, far far away."
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Unread 10th of March, 2009, 23:46
Wired*Nun's Avatar
Wired*Nun
Author of Sci-Fi Thrillers [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #830
Location: Woodbridge, Virginia
Posts: 8,526 (1.74 per day)
Boudry compresses her lips for a moment, then says, "We have Swann's remains..." she opens up another drawer, down near the bottom corner of the wall of drawers. This one is unmarked. "We scrambled to get some swan remains and send them over to the Smithsonian as cover - they do the animal stuff usually. That way we don't have half-decomposed Kindred being forensically examined." She waves at the mess in a translucent plastic bag. All told it looks like about thirty pounds of stuff.

"The spinal column and femurs are the most noticeable, along with the feathers. I haven't had the time to do any further analysis - I have to do my own lab work after hours on special cases like this. We can be pretty sure that this was him, though, and he was hung. This wouldn't have killed him, except I believe from the interstiticial trauma that his body was drawn, torn if that's the right word, slowly off of his head. Like, his head was in the wired noose and something very heavy dragged his body downward - " she makes a double-handed motion to indicate how - "until his neck tore in two."

Last edited by Wired*Nun; 11th of March, 2009 at 00:08.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Unread 10th of March, 2009, 23:49
Wired*Nun's Avatar
Wired*Nun
Author of Sci-Fi Thrillers [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #830
Location: Woodbridge, Virginia
Posts: 8,526 (1.74 per day)
Originally Posted by Vortigern # Relating to the first body ( Benson ): Is the hand print of customary normal human size or no? Are the claws consistent with any known 'profile'? i.e. kindred or lupine or other? Is it possible to determine?
It is not possible to be certain. There seem to be five digits, consistent with a humanoid grip. A large Kindred or a Garou could have made the print. Comparing his own hand size, he would estimate something in the nature of 7-8 feet tall (210-250cm)
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Unread 11th of March, 2009, 00:00
Vortigern's Avatar
Vortigern
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Member: #7429
Posts: 859 (0.27 per day)
Rurik visibly holds his hand over the print on the body of Benson, covering most but not all of it, lightly laying his hand on the bruised skin. "Unusual large, but not in a way particular. Note this assailant is likely seven feet or greater in height, with a mass to match."

He smiles wistfully to himself. "We should be wary of being caught in close quarters as we continue then."
__________________
V/R,
Vortigern

"Adventure is something bad, happening to someone else, far far away."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 14:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren