Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Darken's Games > Rivalry

 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 20th of October, 2005, 12:07
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
Bleys' Chapter

Ninthday, Thirdweek Tarsakh, DR 1377, Year of the Haunting.

You stand before the councils of Halarahh, capital city of Halruaa. The elder motions at you with his hands, gesturing for you to begin your report. The past news and events linger in your mind as you prepare to put them together in a presentable manner.
  #2  
Unread 20th of October, 2005, 21:12
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.71 per day)
Giving a short bow Bleys begins with the reports about the swamp and moves out from there to include the coast and then the three mountain passes. It has been uneventful for the most part with only a handful of minor engagements. Bleys describes the scuffle with the small Orc clan that tried to push past the Western Gate as well as the incident with the two Trolls.

"In conclusion Lords and Ladies, things are peaceful for the time being."

With that Bleys gives another short bow, but remains standing at parade rest.
  #3  
Unread 20th of October, 2005, 22:38
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
The Elder and the councils look at each other, and they seem to be satisfied with your reports and nod to each other. The Elder then looks back to address you. "Excellent work, young Bleys. Now that our homeland is secure, perhaps we should be thinking about the outside, which can potentially affect us as well. I am sure that you have heard what has been going on in the past few months? These... powerful objects do bring interesting ideas on the varies things we can employ with them. While it's most likely correct that no one should recover these items, we cannot help but consider the possibility to obtain one of them and consult Lady Mysteries for proper uses of it. We'd like to send you on a mission to investigate these Mythals. What say you?"
  #4  
Unread 21st of October, 2005, 08:05
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.71 per day)
Bleys looks across the panel of Elders while the gears in his head work so that what he has to say, can be said cohesively. In his normal tone of voice, "You may know that I have travelled through the Dales on numerous occations and know some parts of them well. In that I could be suited well for a casual inquiry."

After a pause lasting only a few seconds Bleys continues, "However, I seem to sense that casual information gathering is not necessarily what you might be after Lord's and Ladies. I have helped to rescue a band of seasoned adventurers that tried to make their way into Myth Drannor, most of them died without seeing the city. About 4 years ago I tried myself as part of a large party of experienced ruin hunters and lost an arm and a large portion of my personal magical wealth at the time before even making it to the fable city. This would be no simple task Ladies and Lords."

Looking across the floor to each of them in turn, "In addition, since I was their last, I have heard that there has been a large increase in Drow activity in the forest since the Elves of the High Court retreated. This complicates things, for if there are Drow in any number from one house, there are likely Drow from other houses so as to keep up."

"However, not my will be done, but the will of Tempus and the Elders of Halruaa."
  #5  
Unread 21st of October, 2005, 10:10
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
"Then to the Mythals, you shall." The Elder nods. "As you may have known, the Mythal located in Myth Drannor is one that has caused great battle to be waged. The Thayans ventured into the Great Waste, a band of mysterious warriors and magi attacked the Elven city Everska... undoubtfully after the two mythals at these two locations. Lots of Divinations from Diviners across Faerun also shows a mythal somewhere in the Tethyr region, although its precise location is beyond our grasp, save that we are fairly confident it's in the Wealdath forest."

He stops and looks at the others, and a Lady in the council speaks up. "We will reveal to you a secret that we have uncovered: we have employed some drastic means, and discovered a Mythal in the Moonshae Isles, off the Sword Coast."

The Elder continues, "We are not greedy people for power, but it would certainly be helpful to obtain at least one of these ancient artifact. Whichever one you decide to investigate and possibly retrieve is up to you."
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #6  
Unread 22nd of October, 2005, 02:08
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.71 per day)
Bleys thinks to Ulto, "I trust them, for they have done nothing but good that I can tell and their ranks have been pieceful since the Shar worshipers were driven out. Should such an artifact be found and brought here it would most likely bring about war, such as in the Dalelands. This would please Tempus, don't you think?
"If it was publicly known or some divination tracked it here. Once it is removed from where it is, it will more than likely not be as shielded and more easily tracked. The other Mythals not being as famous might not have the protections that the Elvin High Court has."

Bleys seems to think and then answers, "Perhaps I should start in Tethyr, in an attempt to find the one that is already known. If I do not have any luck there, I will move to the Moonshae Isles and attempt to find that one."

"I do have several requests however. First, I will need some tool or person to help norrow down the locations once in the forest or the Isles. Otherwise turning over every stone will take decades if not centuries. Second, information, maps, and some knowledge of Tethyr and the Moonshae's would be most helpful. Last, transport for myself, Ursus, and perhaps others to Tethyr would be most appreciated as I have never been in that region."
  #7  
Unread 22nd of October, 2005, 10:16
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
"Very well, those will be arranged and supplied to you tomorrow morning." The Elder gestures to one of the councilman and he leaves the room to conduct the necessary preparations. "Until then, if you've questions before you get some good rest, now is the time to ask them."
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #8  
Unread 22nd of October, 2005, 15:05
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.71 per day)
"The only question I can think of; should I hire, as it were, other adventureres to help seek this object. If so, what reward might Halruaa be willing to offer for such aid should it be successful? Obviously I would not tell them exactly what we were looking for, other than treasure..."
  #9  
Unread 24th of October, 2005, 10:06
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
They ponder and discuss for a minute, and a councilman replies, "How you approach your mission is up to you, only you know how to make use of your strengths and power. Should you require the aid of other adventurers, or incur cost for other reasons, we'll reimburse you of your cost, within reason, after you return with your report."
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #10  
Unread 24th of October, 2005, 20:32
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.71 per day)
"It shall be as you say Lords and Ladies. I will return on the morrow to begin this journey."

With a bow Bleys takes his leave. Known adventurers running through his head as he confers with Ulto on who to possibly tap.
  #11  
Unread 25th of October, 2005, 12:24
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
Perhaps you can recruit some local adventurers near the Tethyr area, who will know the forest well. The woods is large and troublesome to navigate, and forest-dwelling creatuers typically do not interact with outsiders well. Not only do you need people skilled with swords, you need even more people who are skilled with their words.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #12  
Unread 25th of October, 2005, 21:25
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.71 per day)
Bleys returns to his fortress around the Temple of Tempus to put together all the necessary gear he thinks that he will need. Mentally planning his list he goes to the Temple to visit Ursus. After a short conversation letting him know the basics of what is going on Bleys gathers everything and puts most of it into the portable hole, in an organized fashion. Afterwords he summons his officers for dinner and explains that he will be away for a while and gives them the necessary instructions to keep things going smoothly.

With a good nights sleep under his belt he wakes up, gears up, and meets Ursus at the Temple enterence. Handing him into the Portable Hole Bleys teleports to the Capitol and pulls Ursus back out. The two of them walk to the Council of Elders chambers awaiting their pleasure.

Last edited by Thanos; 26th of October, 2005 at 12:28. Reason: clarity
  #13  
Unread 26th of October, 2005, 01:47
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
The council greets you warmly. "Are you ready, fine warrior? If you are, we can use our magic to send you closer to your goal. What would be your destination?"
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #14  
Unread 26th of October, 2005, 13:46
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.71 per day)
Bleys looks around for a moment for a person or object that the Council might assign him to aid in the finding of the Mythal and then says, "I am ready to be sent. I believe that the best destination would be Riatavin, in the North of Tethry. From there I hope to recruit guides and adventurers to aid in the search."

With that Bleys bows, hoping that they remembers his request.
  #15  
Unread 27th of October, 2005, 01:14
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
The Elder nods, and walks to the side, then starts to cast a spell. Meanwhile, a councilman hands you a small magical bag, and explains to you, "There is an assortment of mundane adventuring equipments here, while you are an experienced adventure and will certainly have most of them, it's for the event that you need just that extra item. In addition, the three map cases here contain a map of the Tethyr region, a map of the Moonshea Isles, and a detailed navigation map in the nearby seas. Finally, here is a tome detailing the history of Halruaa during the dark times of struggle against Sharites. While the tome does not aid you directly, it should be sufficient to grant you access to Candlekeep, where you can find most of the information you'll ever need, should you need more insight on whatever subject you might encounter."

After a few minutes, the Elder's spell completes, and a silver magic circle appears on the ground. "Step through, young warrior. Beyond this portal lies the city of Riatavin."
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #16  
Unread 27th of October, 2005, 08:41
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.71 per day)
Thinking to Ulto, "Into the breech once again my friend."
Ulto replies, "You were always so dramatic. Its a portal to a large city, what could go wrong?"
"Didn't you say that about that keep near the Lake of Steam...you know, the one that collasped on us in the middle of a fight with Ogres?"
"Erm...no, I think I said, 'It's going to turn out OK', which in the end it did, sort'a."
"HAH! I tasted morter for days and my helmet wouldn't fit because of the welt I had on my head! You call that OK?"
"Well we did get the necessary stuff required to make the cloak that Ramone made each of you. It did turn out OK."
"Bah...you would say that. You didn't even get a scratch."

Bleys affixes the bag to himself as appropriate. The book is put in his hole as quickly as possible and the hole put back inside its special case on the backside of his shield, which is then strapped to his arm. Looking over at Ursus he says, "For Halruaa and the glory of Tempus!" as then walks through the portal.

Last edited by Thanos; 28th of October, 2005 at 09:55.
  #17  
Unread 28th of October, 2005, 11:59
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
You step through, and the council's chamber fades, replaced by the what persumes to be the city of Riatavin in Tethyr. You see little activities on the streets, most of bystanders do not even consider your sudden appearance a surprise.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #18  
Unread 28th of October, 2005, 23:58
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.71 per day)
Once Ursus arrives Bleys heads off to one of the largest Inn's to take up residence. After negotiating for a weeks stay, with meals, for two he heads up to his room with Ursus in tow. Once there he opens the Portable Hole and pulls out writting untensils and paper along with the maps and scrolls. Unrolling the different precious scrolls the two review the information with experienced eyes.

Bleys will also write up, in Common, several advertisements on paper to be posted in many of the various adventurer hang outs. They will read, 'The Company of the Bloody Rose is looking for experienced adventurers to join an expidition. Knowledge of the region a plus, but not required. Pay and permanent positions available.' It closes by stating the location to come and sign up, which is the Inn where Bleys is staying.

"Ursus, this is going to be our standard recruiting type of deal, but I am looking for some Rogue's as well. Would you please be prepaired to screen any that apply?"
  #19  
Unread 31st of October, 2005, 03:50
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
(OOC: For future reference, while he is technically an NPC, you may play your cohort freely without my input, such as during conversation, or during combat.)

"Certainly. I will go and post these recruitment parchments, and inform you of qualified adventurers while you research these maps for our next move."
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #20  
Unread 1st of November, 2005, 15:57
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.71 per day)
Bleys looks through as much of the information as possible letting his years of treasure hunting experience guide him. From detail to detail and region to region he follows his gut hunches letting them act as a compass as he has so often in the past.
  #21  
Unread 2nd of November, 2005, 00:50
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
After extensive studies, you believe you have a good understanding of both areas by now. Aside from local knowledge of these regions, you can safely call yourself an expert on the geographical layout of the Wealdath Forest and the Moonshea Isles. Shortly after, Ursus returns to inform you that the advertisements have been posted; starting tomorrow he will begin to employ both mundane and magical means to select capable adventurers. Should you wish so, you may also accompany him in the process.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #22  
Unread 2nd of November, 2005, 10:33
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.71 per day)
His head all but dripping with knowledge Bleys greets the news with a 'thank you' and affirms that he will be part of the process. After a good nights sleep and a solid breakfast Bleys and Ursus make themselves available for those would be adventurers looking for gainful employment.
  #23  
Unread 2nd of November, 2005, 15:10
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
Greengrass, DR 1377, Year of the Haunting.

Not that many adventurers answer to your advertisement, but several still shows up. You and Ursus spend the good part of the morning screening the adventurers and interview them, weeding out the incapable and illicit. The two of you narrow your potential helps down to three individuals: Krasa, a male Human local guide, expert in the surrounding woods and sightseeing locations; Bruon, a male former guard of the city, now acts as freelance hunters for the outlaws outside the city walls; and Poriaan, a female Halfling merchant escort who's currently out of job with the strange Orcish seafares recently.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #24  
Unread 3rd of November, 2005, 13:25
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.71 per day)
Bleys wonders about Poriaan being so far away from any port, being what she says she is, however, he trusts in Tempus' aid through Ursus. Bleys will hire on Krasa just to get somebody with mud on their boots knowledge of the countryside. He will also hire on Poriaan basicly as a retainer for his further searches in the Moonshae Isles.
He asks Bruon where he is staying, giving reasons that he is looking for specialists now, but in a few days might be looking for the more martially inclined. He does give him two silver pieces for his time.

Afterwords Bleys pulls out one of his maps and starts getting any possible knowledge of the Forest from both Krasa and if she has any Poriaan. In specific he is looking for possible old old Elvin cities or holy places.
  #25  
Unread 3rd of November, 2005, 15:05
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.22 per day)
Krasa demands 50 gold pieces per day for his expert knowledge and experience, as well as a 5% cut on possible treasure incomes, if any. Poriaan offers to join you completely free of charge, as well as free usage of her ship, on the condition that you help her remove the Orcish threats that shut down her business. Should you refuse this offer, she will instead demand 100 gold pieces per day for her help, as well as a flat fee of 2,000 gold pieces to use her ship while you hire her.

Krasa points out the branch of River Sulduskoon that goes through the Starspire Mountains actually goes upstream well into the forest, despite common knowledge on the maps. Inside the forest, it is rumored that there is an Elven village to the east; while he does not know where is it, nor whether or not the rumor is true, he has extensive exploration experience in the forest already. While those proves to be fruitless, those are time saved for your benefit.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 17:24.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren