Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Erendiox's Games > Masters of Day and Night

 
Thread Tools
  #51  
Unread 22nd of January, 2008, 06:09
CouchpotatoGOD's Avatar
CouchpotatoGOD
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #832
Posts: 108 (0.02 per day)
Tiden was startled by Silver Wind's sudden, explosive command to end the violence.

Wasn't she watching just a moment before?

He stopped struggling, unable and unwilling to find his will to fight. Tiden glanced upward, staring at Sheadra's hand for a moment. With a wolf-like grin he accepted. It had been a good fight... better than what he expected.

"Not bad, but next time you won't be so lucky."

Releasing her hand, grin fading, Tiden realized how close he had been to forgiving her. As he turned his face away with a sigh, Tiden found himself looking straight into the angry eyes of Silver Wind. Without anything to say he looked away quickly and spotted Stran.

"Who are you?"
  #52  
Unread 22nd of January, 2008, 09:32
Xaden's Avatar
Xaden
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1668
Location: "Lights in the sky", CO
Posts: 558 (0.12 per day)
Well now, that was effective! Thank the hundred gods they stopped.

With a quick glance of appreciation and a nod of thanks towards Silver Wind, Gorthas changes back to his human self, his fur and size receding as his equipment reforms around his body.

By the time he's human again, there's a big smile on his face, which almost hides the fear and tension he's feeling. He glances at both Shaedra and Tiden, "Well that was a good match!"

He gave them each a healthy slap on the back, reached down and grabbed Shaedra's cup of tea and his own, handed hers to her and sat down looking at Stran, still with a friendly smile upon his face.

Good, a distraction to take our minds off that... hehe... sparring match. That, unfortunetly, did not go as well as I had hoped.

Last edited by Xaden; 22nd of January, 2008 at 15:15.
  #53  
Unread 22nd of January, 2008, 17:47
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.27 per day)
Silver Wind never took her glare off Tiden, and her expression darkened when he turned to Stran. She side-stepped, interposing herself between the two Lunars, her eyes boring into the large man.

"Oooh no. You will NOT avoid this so easily Tiden. What did you think you were you doing just now?"
  #54  
Unread 22nd of January, 2008, 18:06
Sparda219's Avatar
Sparda219
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Member: #389
Location: California
Posts: 297 (0.05 per day)
Stran sighed with relief, leave it to a woman like Silver Wind to cow her circlemates with little more than an imperial shout and queen's glare... and she didn't think she had the qualities of an empress. He was rather taken aback to have one of the combatant's heavy stares on him but a moment later, but before he could answer for himself Silver Wind had interposed.

He certainly wasn't going to interrupt her, she seemed to be on somewhat of a roll here. The wasp lunar merely stepped to the side and found a seat near the friendly bear man. He seemed like a decent sort. He returned his smile warmly, nodding to him.

Last edited by Sparda219; 28th of January, 2008 at 22:09.
  #55  
Unread 27th of January, 2008, 08:55
CouchpotatoGOD's Avatar
CouchpotatoGOD
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #832
Posts: 108 (0.02 per day)
Annoyed, Tiden looked back at Silver Wind. Does she realize what we have gathered here to do? Does she realize the horrors we will likely face? Has it been so long that she has forgotten when blood rained from the sky? And now she gets upset over a little sparring match. He decided to be blunt. She had no right to criticize him.

"We were sparring... Do you have a problem with that, Sylvia?"

He spat the last word, teeth bared.
  #56  
Unread 31st of January, 2008, 17:01
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.27 per day)
Sylvia.

Silver Wind's mouth was open, ready to continue her argument against Tiden's childishness when he said that. Her eyes went wide, her expression of anger disappeared, and her entire demeanor went from righteous anger to surprised horror.

That single word, that sole, solitary name brought her entire being to a stop. She felt her heart skip a beat once, twice, three times as fear and memories flooded into her.

************

The man's eyes fluttered open, taking several moments to adjust to the dim light of twilight. After they did though, he looked around and tried to raise himself off of the couch, but he soon winced and groaned, grasping the bandages around his chest.

Then he looked over and saw her. His eyes went wide, something she was used to when people first saw her. He tried to speak, but his mouth just moved without making any sound. She smiled and handed him a glass filled with water.

He looked at it, then weakly grabbed at it, unable to hold the weight on his own. She moved over and cradled his head with one hand while holding the glass to his lips. He drank slowly at first, his parched lips wetting themselves on the cooling water. After drinking all the water he sighed and looked up at her again, his eyes filled with gratefulness.

"Wh---Who are you," he gasped out to her as she gently set his head back down. She smiled at him again and responded.

"Sylvia."

************

Silver Wind--Sylvia--stood there, not saying anything. Just staring at Tiden in dumbfounded, horrified silence.
  #57  
Unread 2nd of February, 2008, 12:04
Lyn Nalyr's Avatar
Lyn Nalyr
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #665
Location: Some where waaay to cold.
Posts: 213 (0.04 per day)
Shaedra saw Silver Wind's whole demeanor change when Tiden had spoken, but she wasn't sure what had cause it. She walked over, putting a hand on her friends shoulder, "Silver Wind? Are you ok?" She was genuinely concerned for her friend, but she wasn't sure what to do or say.
__________________


Last edited by Lyn Nalyr; 2nd of February, 2008 at 12:07.
  #58  
Unread 7th of February, 2008, 05:14
Xaden's Avatar
Xaden
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1668
Location: "Lights in the sky", CO
Posts: 558 (0.12 per day)
After a short pause, Gorthas gives a brief nod to the newcomer who sat next to him, then calmly stood up and looked at everyone. "Maybe we should all just sit down and relax. Lacuna and I will make some tea for everyone that will help soothe away the stresses of each of our journeys here." Then he motions towards Stran with his hand, "Plus we have a newcomer! Let's have him feel welcome and like we're all friends who haven't seen each other in a long time!" He adds with a smile.

Gorthas then turns to Stran and with a warm smile and a hand offered to shake he says, "Welcome, my name is Gorthas. Glad you could join us! So what brings you here?"
  #59  
Unread 7th of February, 2008, 19:33
Sparda219's Avatar
Sparda219
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Member: #389
Location: California
Posts: 297 (0.05 per day)
Stran narrowed his eyes, immediately feeling a strong disliking for the brutish man. Silver Wind's reaction to that name was unsettling, but Stran was still slow to react in this new environment. He may have been able to slide easily in and out of social situations, but this was just a Circle of friends, or so he had been brought to believe, and not a hive to manipulate. The other woman and the burly man both seemed to have things under control, but Stran still approached Silver Wind and placed his other hand on her free shoulder gently.

"Milady?"

GORTHAS then called to him and he slowly removed his hand from Silver Wind and bowed to him before shaking back.

"Ahem. I am known as Stran of the Elegant Rust, sir Gorthas. It is my pleasure to make your acquaintance."

Stran liked this Gorthas already. He was a quick judge of character and Gorthas was the sort of person you could rely on. He had an almost fatherly aura about him. It was rather comforting.

"I am currently in between phases of my life at the moment, as it were, and our lady Silver Wind suggested that perhaps traveling with her might help lead me to my next goal. We met not long ago, but I believe her to be a trustworthy and remarkable woman. I took her up on her offer."

He smiled gently at Gorthas, but his eyes kept flickering over to Silver Wind... Would she be all right?
  #60  
Unread 16th of February, 2008, 22:00
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.27 per day)
Silver Wind looked down at Shaedra's hand on her shoulder, and then felt the presence of Stran's hand on her other shoulder. The physical touch of her friends bringing her back to the forest clearing and she looked around at all the concerned looks about her. She gave them all a reassuring smile.

"As long as both you and Tiden are alright Shaedra, I'll be fine." She moved over to sit beside Lacuna, graciously accepting any tea the Dragon-Blooded offered. As the others spoke to Stran, she turned to the red-headed Exalt and grabbed a lock that hung by her face. As she gently twirled it in her fingers she looked over the woman's attire, noting the differences since she'd last seen her. She gave her a grin, a genuine, slightly mischievous grin, that the silver-haired woman hadn't given in months.

"I see the two of us have been spending more time in the wilderness than usual, though it seems I've faired a bit better appearance-wise than you have."

Last edited by red_dr4g0n94; 16th of February, 2008 at 22:03.
  #61  
Unread 19th of February, 2008, 15:14
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
Lacuna returned Silver Wind's grin with one of her own. She had been looking forward to seeing her again for some time and was glad to know the changes would be taken in good taste.

"I disagree, my friend." She says slyly, sliding a pungent cup of tea into the Solar's cold fingers. "It is I who has faired the best."

She glanced back to Tiden and Shaedra, both of them cooling their heads, then back at Silver Wind. Her timing couldn't have been more perfect. Who knows where that would have gone without her.

"So I guess the only one left to wait for is Kami..." She said, loudly enough for the whole group to hear her.
  #62  
Unread 19th of February, 2008, 16:23
Lyn Nalyr's Avatar
Lyn Nalyr
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #665
Location: Some where waaay to cold.
Posts: 213 (0.04 per day)
Shaedra nodded in response to Silver Wind's question, assuring Silver Wind that she was ok. And, aside from a few minor bruises, she was fine.

She also made her way back to the campfire, sitting down on the ground and refilling her original tea cup. "Yeah I guess so, anyone know where Kami went?"

Then she looked up at Stran, and smiled, "It's nice to meet you Stran. My name is Shaedra."
__________________

  #63  
Unread 3rd of March, 2008, 18:54
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.27 per day)
Silver Wind released Lacuna's lock and ran her fingers through her own hair, showing that despite all her training and traveling she's managed to keep it in good shape. It was her pride, a luxury ill-suited to a rancher like herself, and while she never let it get in the way of her duties she made sure she always took good care of it.

To let it become as wild and disheveled as Lacuna's was would drive her near insane.

She shook her head at the Dragon-Blooded, still grinning. "I believe you and I have differing opinions on the definition of the word 'appearance' Lacuna. Regardless, what have you been up to these past few Seasons? You seem to have tales to tell, given this air of comfort about you."
  #64  
Unread 9th of March, 2008, 15:05
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
"I thought you'd never ask." Said the Dragonblooded. Before she gets a chance to say more, however, a figure emerges from the mist. One of the beastmen moves toward Tiden with urgency, whispering something in Forest-tongue to him.

"You. Tribesman." Lacuna calls out bluntly. "This isn't a tribunal of secrets. Whatever you have to say to Tiden you can say to the rest of us."

The beastman hesitates, giving a look to Tiden, then he speaks gravely to the rest of you. "We've just received word from our master. They were ambushed during the initiation... Your friend has been taken."
  #65  
Unread 9th of March, 2008, 22:58
Sparda219's Avatar
Sparda219
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Member: #389
Location: California
Posts: 297 (0.05 per day)
"A pleasure to meet you too, Miss Shaedra."

Traveling with a group for once would be a pleasant change of pace, Stran thought to himself, especially with a group of nice folk like this. He was all smiles until the tribesman ran in.

"...Friend?"

Stran was taken aback by this. Would misfortune fall on his new journey so quickly?

Hmm. Perhaps he could help to avert it?
  #66  
Unread 11th of March, 2008, 03:53
Xaden's Avatar
Xaden
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1668
Location: "Lights in the sky", CO
Posts: 558 (0.12 per day)
Gorthas's normally calm and peaceful attitude it shattered like a thunderbolt as he turns on the tribesman, standing up in a heartbeat, his anger obvious on his face. "Who took her!? Where was she seen last!? Which way did they go!?" With each question Gorthas takes a step closer to the tribesman as if he'd slowly trample the answers out of him. "Well take us there! And tell us on the way!" He screams as he draws his axe.

[Charisma (3) + Presence (2) = 5 dice. (10, 9, 7, 5, 5) 4 successes.]
__________________
The willow knows what the storm does not, that the power to endure harm will outlive the power to deal it.
  #67  
Unread 11th of March, 2008, 14:48
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
The tribesman is taken aback, not sure whether to submit or retort against one of his own elder kin. The look on Gorthas' face as he approaches makes it an easy decision. He takes a nervous step backward and bows. His teeth are clenched slightly as his words come out faster.

"A scout just arrived with the message. It's 3 days journey from here. Since it took 3 days for the message to arrive, there's no telling exactly where they are."


He looks up and meets Gorthas in the eye. His expression is grave and frusterated. "Many of our own died so that the message could make it here. I fear for the rest of our people."
  #68  
Unread 12th of March, 2008, 01:52
Lyn Nalyr's Avatar
Lyn Nalyr
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #665
Location: Some where waaay to cold.
Posts: 213 (0.04 per day)
Shaedra stood up and started quickly packing up her stuff, making sure her armor was securely fastened, and that her firewands were loaded and ready to go on her back. "Gorthas! Calm down!" She says as she gets ready to go. "We need to approach this with care if we want to rescue Kami, and not get ourselves or anyone else killed. She was angry as well, and worried about who had taken Kami and why, but she knew that just blindly rushing in would get them all killed and not get Kami free. She just hoped Gorthas could understand that.
__________________

  #69  
Unread 12th of March, 2008, 08:17
Xaden's Avatar
Xaden
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1668
Location: "Lights in the sky", CO
Posts: 558 (0.12 per day)
Gorthas stopped, took a deep breath and calmed down some. He turns to the tribesman, "I'm sorry for your loss and for my outburst and appreciate your getting the message to us this quickly. Just at a time of reunion no one wants to hear that someone they care for is in this sort of trouble."

He looks back to Shaedra and the rest of the group, "Now we have a long journey ahead of us and it will be faster as or on animals. I have no doubt that as a bear I could carry both of you." And he points to Lacuna and the tribesman, "I just can't guarantee either of your comfort. I hate to ask this of you Silver Wind, but if Kheervis could bear both you and Shaedra, that would quicken things a lot. And I'm sure Tiden could find an appropriate form to speed things along as well. If we could do this we could travel much faster and cut down this 3 day trip some. The longer we dally, the colder the trail will get. We need to get there fast in hopes of finding a decent trail to where they've taken Kami and anyone else, so unless anyone has a better idea I suggest we get moving."

He turns back to the tribesman, "You could point me in the right direction to where they were last seen, right?"
  #70  
Unread 12th of March, 2008, 13:42
Sparda219's Avatar
Sparda219
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Member: #389
Location: California
Posts: 297 (0.05 per day)
"You sound as if you mean to leave me behind, Sir Gorthas."

There was a kind of steel in Stran's eyes as he faced the older Lunar.

"I'm ready to begin shouldering the weight of your troubles as of now. I have my own wings to fly me there and I'm not unhandy in a fight. Please, you could use my help in reclaiming this friend of yours. Kami?"

He wouldn't be left behind so quickly or easily, and he still had some things to prove.
  #71  
Unread 12th of March, 2008, 14:54
CouchpotatoGOD's Avatar
CouchpotatoGOD
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #832
Posts: 108 (0.02 per day)
Tiden turned to face the others. "Enough talk we must move." Glancing at the newcomer. "Stran was it? You are free to come as long as you don't slow me down."

He turned back to grip Ignay's shoulder. Slowly he changed his shape, claws extended and silver fur took place of skin. All except dark streaks on the right side of his face, and his murky black eye.

Tiden spoke with a controlled rage. "Take us there Ignay, my brethren have not died in vain. I'll make sure of it!"
  #72  
Unread 14th of March, 2008, 00:17
Xaden's Avatar
Xaden
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1668
Location: "Lights in the sky", CO
Posts: 558 (0.12 per day)
"I meant no offense Stran, I simply did not expect or want to assume that you'd to put yourself at risk for strangers, but as my friend here said," and he nods towards Tiden, "Any help is welcome. Also 'Sir' is not neccissary, 'Gorthas' alone will do just fine."

'Sir' makes me sound so cilvilized. At any other time this thought would have made Gorthas laugh, but right now he was too concerned for Kami and the tribe.

Turning back to the tribesman he says, "Tell us EVERYTHING you know about this situation, while we travel, regardless of how small or insignificant the detail may seem. Any piece of information gives us strength against our enemy."
  #73  
Unread 18th of March, 2008, 18:42
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.27 per day)
Silver Wind looked at Kheervis at Gorthas' request, and after a short mental conversation she turned back to the elder man. "Kheervis and I are both more than will to help find Kami."

As the three Lunars spoke amongst themselves and interrogated the beastman. Silver Wind went over to help Shaedra with her armor, retrieving pieces the Solar had tossed aside in her fight against Tiden. When Shaedra reached for the firewands however, Silver Wind stopped in her tracks. She hadn't even noticed them before, leaning against the tree, but too see Shaedra holding them in her hands...

Silver Wind reached out and grabbed Shaedra's arm forcefully. When the taller woman turned to look at her, she shook her head. "No Shaedra, I'm afraid you cannot take those with us. You will have to leave them here."
  #74  
Unread 19th of March, 2008, 02:15
Lyn Nalyr's Avatar
Lyn Nalyr
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #665
Location: Some where waaay to cold.
Posts: 213 (0.04 per day)
Shaedra was glad of the help in putting on her armor, true she could do it by herself, but a little help made it go that much faster.

When Silver Wind grabbed her arm and protested against her bringing her firewands she was a bit surprised. She had no idea why Silver Wind would object. "Why don't you want me to bring them Silver Wind?" Shaedra was a bit torn, she wasn't just going to leave them here, not after what she had been through to find them in the first place. But at the same time, she didn't want to cause Silver Wind any distress over them.
__________________

  #75  
Unread 22nd of March, 2008, 19:41
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.27 per day)
Silver Wind looked at Shaedra, her green eyes shifting as she tried to think up an answer to the Solar's question.

Why?
No person who dealt with Marukani would need bother to ask that question. But Shaedra was no such person and so it fell to Silver Wind to explain to her why it was so silly to ask. But the answer to the southerner's question wasn't why she was struggling to answer.

The problem was language. While Silver Wind understood and could speak Flametongue rather fluently, some of the words in her native tongue didn't translate over well. In this case, several words for 'horses' and 'brutality' in Riverspeak simply didn't exist in Flametongue; the nuances of the meaning where quite literally lost in translation, and she didn't know the proper way of expressing them in this language.

She shook her head, finding herself unable to come up with a proper explanation. "Its...its hard to explain to someone not raised among the Marukan. Suffice it to say Shaedra that nothing good can come from the use of such weapons."
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 01:30.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren