Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Chris Chandler's Games > Epicureans

Reply
Thread Tools
  #76  
Unread 24th of September, 2008, 23:20
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.06 per day)
I stand up as well, good and riled up now. My eyes mainly flash between the two men, though occasionally I look at OmniFrost as well.

"And a good night to you, sir!

Before you retire, I do have a few things to say, though giving you a map to my mother's house isn't on that list. May I ask you, which is it, dragons are like people, and free to pick a morality, or they're treacherous, the lot of them? It's a rather important distinction to me.

Further, we all admit that our arrivals here were strange, and I for one am NOT ready to impart all my life story to people I just met. It can lead to danger to tell a stranger everything. You may have nothing to hide, Malak, but my own caution has served me well enough, I think. I mean, I have no problems with possibly having been married to my enemy, or something else so sinister! I'm shocked that with such a tale, you would presume to expect full disclosure. Knowing someone's life story does not equate to the mere telling stories of innocent stories to pass the time!"
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Unread 25th of September, 2008, 00:53
MadDogMaddux's Avatar
MadDogMaddux
Bone Naga

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Member: #2980
Posts: 1,319 (0.35 per day)
Nor does secrecy engender trust, milady.


I turn to Aros, Rest you well, Aros, and I thank you for your kindness in sharing both your shelter, and your story. I am greatly heartened by both.

Last edited by MadDogMaddux; 26th of September, 2008 at 14:07. Reason: misunderstood Mizuki's actions.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Unread 25th of September, 2008, 08:39
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.89 per day)
I am quite satisfied with my answers, and find it interesting how they dodge answering statements and questions.

I rise, "Good night, sleep well all." I start to turn away and then turn back, "I will say this though before I retire. I could easily tell you all the tales you want to hear, even though they would all be lies. So perhaps, you should be grateful that I consider you ally enough not to do you that discourtesy. Perhaps tommorow will bring new surprises." I smile and turn away, heading over the dune that the chimes are on.
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Unread 25th of September, 2008, 13:16
MadDogMaddux's Avatar
MadDogMaddux
Bone Naga

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Member: #2980
Posts: 1,319 (0.35 per day)
I watch the others bed down, then quietly head over to the chimes to have a good study of then. Afterwards, I'll sit beside them and quietly pray to Obad-Hai for maybe an hour, then climb the rope and go to bed - stowing my gear prior to entering, as Aros instructed.


I lean back and turn to watch OmniFrost, at first making as if to speak, but then thinking better of it. Sighing, I shake my head and turn once more to Mizuki.

Last edited by MadDogMaddux; 26th of September, 2008 at 14:09. Reason: trying to un-bungle my gaffe.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Unread 26th of September, 2008, 01:41
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.06 per day)
If Malak is waiting on me to bed down, he’s got a bit of a wait coming. In fact, as I climb to the top of the dune myself, following in OmniFrost’s path, I will look at him. “I thought you said ‘good night’. Aren’t you going to bed? Or was that just a dismissal, you were done talking if I just was rattling on about people having a right to privacy and stuff? I told Aros good night because he said he was turning in.”

I'm still watching Omni's path as I speak.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walk a bit on the top of the dune, lightly pacing, but not agitated. Just keeping warm and active. "It was kind of him to offer, yes."

I glance at Omni. "So she hasn't told you where she is from. I would not go that far just yet, either. You seem very friendly, that is true. But in my eyes, taking a life is not something to be taken lightly. Your tale and expectations of me, just because I'm in the same place at the same time.... Well, you should not expect to trust me yet. I don't trust you. If we are trustworthy, and we spend enough time together, then we will learn to trust each other."

Last edited by LadyGlutter; 27th of September, 2008 at 02:49. Reason: reworking :P
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Unread 26th of September, 2008, 02:35
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.89 per day)
"If they think I'm sleeping with the two of them around, they have another thing coming."

Since I had actually intended to stay up for awhile myself, I continue to the bottom of the dune, within sight of the chimes, and simply sit down. Waiting for the others to clear out.
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Unread 26th of September, 2008, 04:52
Doombot's Avatar
Doombot
Spirit of the Spartan Nation [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Member: #1704
Location: Spartan Country
Posts: 3,964 (0.88 per day)
For better or for worse, the conversation -- what there was of it -- appears done. With a few brief instructions to Malak about pulling the rope in after him, I shimmy up the rope for a little sack time.
__________________
"thank that Doombot guy for making you grow a beard. You looked like an idiot without one." -- treehouse's wife
The Gold Standard for Creepy - .9999 pure.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Unread 26th of September, 2008, 08:13
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.47 per day)
((If I understand correctly, we may very well have three people heading over to where the chimes are, or at least in the general area of the chimes. Both Omni and Malak were heading there, and it also looks like Mizuki heading that way, too. I'll wait for Malak to chime in [oh, I kill me], before I make any movement, obviously.

Aros, though, clearly needs his beauty sleep.))
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Unread 26th of September, 2008, 08:23
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.89 per day)
((That is correct on my part. I wanted Omni to walk past the chimes and over the dune. She was basically waiting for Aros and Malak to climb the rope.))
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Unread 26th of September, 2008, 10:15
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.06 per day)
((I stopped at the chimes and Malak, but am watching over them to where OmniFrost is.))
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Unread 26th of September, 2008, 10:54
MadDogMaddux's Avatar
MadDogMaddux
Bone Naga

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Member: #2980
Posts: 1,319 (0.35 per day)
((looks like I got ahead of myself. I thought Mizuki and Omni thought they were going to bed. Sorry. I still want to have a look at the Chimes, though, then sit and pray a bit. Lemme go back and amend my post, that might help.

OK, when Mizuki stood up, somehow I thought she was standing up to go. That's why I said goodnight. *facepalms*

So, er.....I guess it'll get messy if I start editing above. I think instead, I'd have said what I said, but then turned to Aros and bid him a goodnight.

Then I would have probably tried to engage Mizuki in conversation some more, but I'm guessing that's FUBARed at this point....
))

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>

I smile and nod in response to Mizuki. She certainly is beautiful, although significantly moreso when less riled...

I can certainly understand your thoughts. And you are right that there is often wisdom in caution. Forgive me if I seem overly eager, but you must understand that I am a hunter. I have always been a hunter, and today you come upon me as I once more pick up the trail of a quarry that I had thought lost many years past. I shake my head, And you are right to say that I should not trust you, and yet I desire to do so. If we four are thrust together in this place, each torn from his or her own home, how can we assume it to be coincidence? You say you were banished, but who controls the destination of your banishment? Could it not be that there is some force guiding each of us to this destination at this exact time? And yes, I realize that it seems much of me to assume that you are here to assist in my mission - but then I ask you, what alternative explanation would you provide?

Last edited by MadDogMaddux; 27th of September, 2008 at 01:27.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Unread 28th of September, 2008, 04:25
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.89 per day)
I realize Malak is not going to bed as he said, and indeed strikes up another series of questions.

I stop at the chimes and turn, and respond in a fairly calm, but somewhat chastizing tone, "Well, if you stopped considering yourself the center of the multiverse, perhaps you might realize that we may be here to help the people of this world. Perhaps we were brought here, but not to help you, but to help the less fourtunate that reside on this world. It's possible the foe you seek is here, and it is fully possible he has left long ago. I suggest you think more of others than yourself, if you ever want to start earning my trust."
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Unread 28th of September, 2008, 09:36
MadDogMaddux's Avatar
MadDogMaddux
Bone Naga

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Member: #2980
Posts: 1,319 (0.35 per day)
I burst out in laughter, not a little titter, but a full out belly laugh, Milady, I am well aware of the fact that the universe does not revolve around me. I have spent my entire life as a servant, and I am not here to do my will, but the will of him who sent me. And again, if you have a plausible alternative, I have said that I am open to it. But for me, my God told me he was sending me somewhere new to pursue this man, Loric, and here I am. It seems very straightforward for me. Whether or not that is the ONLY purpose for my being here is left for us to discover I suppose.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Unread 29th of September, 2008, 10:21
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.06 per day)
"Your plausible alternative, as far as I can see, is survival right now. Whether that means from the elements, some other danger, or each other is another question. If your Shalm has predestined me to be in his service, I'm pretty sure he'd know he'd better ask me nicely." I don't bother to conceal my smirk.

Last edited by LadyGlutter; 29th of September, 2008 at 10:24.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Unread 29th of September, 2008, 15:45
MadDogMaddux's Avatar
MadDogMaddux
Bone Naga

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Member: #2980
Posts: 1,319 (0.35 per day)
I smile broadly at that, P'raps I might ask you on his half, m'lady? So saying, he stoops to study the chimes, not dissecting them but simply taking his time to examine them. As he does so, he speaks again to Mizuki, So are you an angel?
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Unread 30th of September, 2008, 00:11
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.89 per day)
I simply shake my head in disbelief, with a look that crosses between frustrated, and amazed. I turn and continue down the dune. I sit down at the bottom and wait.
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Unread 30th of September, 2008, 01:53
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.06 per day)
I close my eyes, choking off a giggle, then give a serious look as I decide to check whatever impulse I just had. "While some people think that, my mother would be the first to tell you that no, I'm no angel. I'm just a tad bit too down to earth for that title."
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Unread 30th of September, 2008, 03:43
MadDogMaddux's Avatar
MadDogMaddux
Bone Naga

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Member: #2980
Posts: 1,319 (0.35 per day)
I completely ignore OmniFrost, continuing to chat with Mizuki, I beg you forgive my curiosity. I've never met a woman of such....beauty he turns to dip his head in a bow....as yourself, nor with wings of any kind.
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Unread 30th of September, 2008, 05:44
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.06 per day)
I almost unconsciously shudder, thinking of how my strange parentage had just come to haunt me, literally. I see Lady Gennifer's face, stricken as she sees the betrayal of her 'friend' Abigail. No, not ready to give you the answer you want just yet, definitely. It's not even a trust issue, though that's there too.... that half answer will have to do for now.

"Thank you for the kind words. Anyway, I usually conceal the wings, for that very reason. This was a special circumstance. I felt that simply flying straight up would make a worse impression than a mechanical solution in this situation." I smile wryly and look off into the horizon.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Unread 30th of September, 2008, 07:10
MadDogMaddux's Avatar
MadDogMaddux
Bone Naga

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Member: #2980
Posts: 1,319 (0.35 per day)
I smile understandingly, then chuckle You felt it would be too much for the mage-hater to handle? The grin is audible on my voice, then I lapse into silence, as I study the wind chimes. After a few moments, I speak again, I've been alone for almost ten years, or at least, nearly alone. My one companion a man who died several years ago and yet remained with me as a spirit. I sigh, standing up once more to scan the horizon as well, Despite the hardship that may be before us, you've no idea how thrilled I am at the prospect of being with PEOPLE...
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Unread 30th of September, 2008, 09:20
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.47 per day)
While Mizuki and Malak continue their conversation, Omnifrost heads to the bottom of the windward side of the dune to look out into the shifting darkness before her. Once the sun goes down the wind, down here, starts to wane. It's still terrible visibility, but the wind is not too loud - Omnifrost can still hear the conversation above.

Aros is now secure in his abode, safe from the elements.
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Unread 30th of September, 2008, 13:01
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.89 per day)
Once seated I begin to speak to myself, "What do you think old friend, how badly would I unbalance the cosmos?"
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Unread 30th of September, 2008, 22:52
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.06 per day)
I bite my lip, considering. "Oh, really! I guess that does help to explain your your eagerness."

I glance towards Omnifrost, eyebrows furrowed, hearing her voice but not her words since I was talking too. I realize whatever she just said wasn't directed at us, so I keep going. "I'm sure in the morning we'll all have some of the shock of this day behind us and be able to look at things with fresh eyes. In fact, are you planning on being up much longer?"

I smile. "Not to rush you, of course. I just want to know so I can decide how and where to set up camp. I wouldn't want to shock a man who hasn't been around people in 10 years."
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Unread 1st of October, 2008, 00:04
MadDogMaddux's Avatar
MadDogMaddux
Bone Naga

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Member: #2980
Posts: 1,319 (0.35 per day)
I thought that I might take some time to pray after everyone else had made their evening preparations and lain down, then I will take my rest as well.

Last edited by MadDogMaddux; 1st of October, 2008 at 00:11.
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Unread 1st of October, 2008, 01:37
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.06 per day)
"Oh, well... I'm kind of a night owl and not at all sleepy. And you don't want to watch us girls undress, anyway. Trust me on that one. So I'll go sit with Omni and we won't disturb your conversation with good old Obad-Hai."

I wonder how much of that Scratch heard. She's gotta be freaking out.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 09:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren