Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Chris Chandler's Games > Epicureans

Reply
Thread Tools
  #76  
Unread 6th of October, 2010, 12:21
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.43 per day)
Placement of the mundane cache in any formation will amount to nothing. These items don't seem to have any relation to the glyphs, as far as you can tell.
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Unread 6th of October, 2010, 12:53
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.87 per day)
"I guess we need to find these Pfistos' ashes, if we want to find out what the symbols mean."
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Unread 6th of October, 2010, 14:26
MadDogMaddux's Avatar
MadDogMaddux
Bone Naga

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Member: #2980
Posts: 1,319 (0.34 per day)
(and the copied first page of the book?)
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Unread 8th of October, 2010, 08:11
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.43 per day)
Oh, right!

Omni, you'll see a section of text appear, which appears in a language you don't immediately recognize, but then are able to piece together the dialect you have heard orally - that pidgen-dwarven that traders seem to use. Reading it, it looks like the page of a ledger, with people, items, and amounts of money. You recognize none of the names.
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Unread 9th of October, 2010, 12:34
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.87 per day)
I write under it 'Ledger' in giant.
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Unread 10th of October, 2010, 00:12
MadDogMaddux's Avatar
MadDogMaddux
Bone Naga

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Member: #2980
Posts: 1,319 (0.34 per day)
I write "balanced?" Then after a second, "Kidding. How can we assist?"

(in common)
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Unread 13th of October, 2010, 07:10
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.87 per day)
After reading Malak's last note I look at Mizuki, "So, the glyphs appear to be a some sort of transmutation spell. Like I said, I use something similar in one of my spells. Malak has something I guess he thought would be helpful, and may yet prove so, but from what I can tell through writing on the floor, it's a ledger. More than likely we need to find what the glyphs activate or mutate. Malak wants to know... oh wait, that's in common, sorry." I chuckle and ask, "What do you think the next step is?"
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Unread 13th of October, 2010, 12:28
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.03 per day)
"Ask them to look around their room, I guess, and us do the same. Who knows if we're going to be the ones who have the ashes, or they are... That's what I think." While talking, I put my finger to my lips and gesture quietly over to where the spider hole is. When I finish talking I move over there, ready to open it up and see who or what is inside.

I know we've onced over the room pretty good. Any urns or ashes around?
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Unread 15th of October, 2010, 09:02
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.43 per day)
There are definitely no urns or ashes readily visible.
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Unread 15th of October, 2010, 11:52
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.03 per day)
Then I guess I'm instead gesturing to OmniFrost to show her my discovery.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Unread 15th of October, 2010, 12:02
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.43 per day)
Sounds good. The flagstone is about 6 feet across. You aren't sure how thick it is, but you were able to detect the hollowness beneath it, so it shouldn't be tremendously thick. How are you going to go about moving the stone?
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Unread 18th of October, 2010, 06:04
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.03 per day)
Any type of lever around?
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Unread 19th of October, 2010, 06:21
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.43 per day)
Taking a moment to dig around the debris piled up around the house, you find some moderately long wooden poles, which with some whittling can be wedged into the crevasse and then fulcrumed by any one of the larger stones.

So, ready to lift?
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Unread 20th of October, 2010, 06:34
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.03 per day)
I let OmniFrost in on the plan, and unless she has any objections (?) we'll go for it.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Unread 21st of October, 2010, 02:51
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.43 per day)
Ready, OmniFrost?
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Unread 21st of October, 2010, 07:31
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.87 per day)
Other than making sure our company is not directly in front of the edge we pry up, I'm good.
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Unread 21st of October, 2010, 12:14
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.43 per day)
Oh, your two companions, Omni, they'll head back up to the second floor, not to be out of harm's way, but to get a better view.

The two of you prepare your lever, and then put your backs into it. To be quite fair, this is a task more suited for... I dunno, a cursed battle-hardened mercenary or an enormous lycanthrope, but you two manage. It takes the better part of two minutes of prying, adjusting, holding while the other regains her grip, and finally the slow, ponderous scraping of stone against stone. It almost slams shut as, when you finally gain momentum, the lever splinters, but a swift kick at some of the nearby rubble would jam it open long enough to brace the slab up, at least until the two of you figure out something to do with it.

The slab reveals a gaping pit, black and inpenetrable. Both of you can tell that it is unnatural, as neither the torchlight nor your vision can penetrate the inky depths.


Aros and Malak. At the exact moment that Omni and Mizuki are prying the slab up in their pocket, a peircing, echoing screech, a deafening keen of purest hatred, rises up all around you. both of your companions fall down to the ground, paralyzed with fear. The two of you, however are stirred by the ghastly howl, but not shaken, for the time being.

You see nothing in the immediate vicinity that would show where the voice originated.


OmniFrost, you do not hear the keening voice exactly, but you have a goose-walking-over-your-grave moment, just as you stop. You wouldn't be able to attribute the feeling to what the gentlemen experienced, since you wouldn't readily know.

Omni and Mizuki, you do catch the smell of something, now, as the air above begins to circulate with the air below. It is the smell of cinnamon, myhrr, and ancient prepatory spices. You would both be able to recognize the smell of a tomb, now opened.
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Unread 22nd of October, 2010, 01:16
MadDogMaddux's Avatar
MadDogMaddux
Bone Naga

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Member: #2980
Posts: 1,319 (0.34 per day)
Shakingboff the effects the scream, I turn to Aros, Whatever it is the ladies have done, they seem to have poked the proverbial beehive. Let us hope they can handle it. Quickly I scribe a gigantic rune for "what happened?" where we were last communicating, then set to using my tracking skills to try and piece. It together for myself.
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Unread 22nd of October, 2010, 05:28
Doombot's Avatar
Doombot
Spirit of the Spartan Nation [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Member: #1704
Location: Spartan Country
Posts: 3,964 (0.86 per day)
Well, it's clear they've done something. Hopefully, they've accomplished something as well. I grimace and wiggle one pinky in a still-ringing ear, more theatrically than for any real relief. I hope they're all right.
__________________
"thank that Doombot guy for making you grow a beard. You looked like an idiot without one." -- treehouse's wife
The Gold Standard for Creepy - .9999 pure.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Unread 22nd of October, 2010, 09:27
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.03 per day)
"Woohoo! Finally! Are you the big bad causing this?"

Detect evil, and I expend my last Holy Aura of the day, as I jump down to get to the root of the problem.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Unread 22nd of October, 2010, 14:22
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.43 per day)
Oh, there's something evil down there, definitely.

Mizuki, you jump down and your aura does, indeed, piece the depths, but not entirely. You fall for farther than you might have considered, perhaps 30 feet, but you can ease down with little effort.

You are in a sepulcher, a dank tomb some 30 feet across, and you can see a catacomb along all the walls where you are, with clay sarcophogi floor to ceiling. In the center, near to where you landed is a small dias, where a skull sits, painted black, or perhaps charred and laquered, and detailed with silver paint in an intricate design. There are gems in it's eye sockets, as well as gems replacing a number of teeth.

The floor is littered with rubbish, moldering clothing, and dust.

You see no entrance, no exit, outside of the path you took.

Oh, there is no response to your query, Mizuki.
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!

Last edited by Chris Chandler; 22nd of October, 2010 at 14:23. Reason: answering a question.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Unread 23rd of October, 2010, 06:26
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.87 per day)
After the shiver passes, I smile at Mizuki's actions, "Ahh, a girl after my own spirit."

Looking up, "Be right back."

Estimating where her leap would have taking her, I jump down as well, trying to aim to Mizuki's right side, and slightly behind. "Coming down!"
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Unread 24th of October, 2010, 02:31
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.43 per day)
Omni, you will land next to Mizuki, and Mizuki's beacon of light will aid you in your landing, but you will take a small tumble, bruising your hip (and Aros' and Malak's... and Scratch's...)

((Speaking of, Mizuki, did you want Scratch to follow you or stay up top?))

OmniFrost arrives next to Mizuki in good time, to the point where the room is exactly as it was with Mizukis' arrival. So, OmniFrost, you can see the room and what is in it. You would likely know what is on the dias before you, OmniFrost, or at least what it is meant to represent, if you wish.
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Unread 24th of October, 2010, 05:03
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.03 per day)
((Scratch would know that I intend for both the folks up top and her own squishy self to stay out of the fray.))

"Boy, you're ugly. You're about the ugliest I've ever seen in fact. Rise and shine, sleepy head."
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Unread 25th of October, 2010, 14:08
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.87 per day)
(Oh course I wish, silly boy.)

I grimace a bit at the hip, but it's no time to fret over such little pain. I listen to Mizuki, and scan the area.
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 13:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren