Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Chris Chandler's Games > Epicureans

Unread 27th of August, 2008, 01:41
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

Member: #2781
"I will be wary then, but I am already here and it seems I must face her. I will do my best to honor your blood."
Unread 27th of August, 2008, 02:54
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

Member: #1475
The woman has left the room, heading, apparently, to her destination. The fey spirit is still looking at you, fearfully.

You hear not a peep from Godfrey.

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Unread 27th of August, 2008, 06:45
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

I follow the woman then, throwing one last smile over my shoulder at the little one.
Unread 27th of August, 2008, 07:29
Chris Chandler

Oh, she's not leaving your side. You have a tiny ghostly companion for the duration.

You walk down the decrepit hallway and toward a small, dark parlor, illuminated by recently lamps, from the smell of the sulfur in the room. The woman is lounging on a divan, sipping on a drink - You see a small bar lined with ancient, dusty bottles, one unstopped.

They tell ya that whiskey gets better with age, but I say shenanigans to that - this stuff just tastes like really old rotten corn. Care for a touch - curl the hairs on yer toes! Ha!

She has a sparkle in her eye that is disconcerting.

Now then, to the point of it - Do you have any idea where you are, and I don't mean some place called Mordent in some dead guy's house on some hill?

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Unread 27th of August, 2008, 07:51
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

"No thank you, and no."
Unread 27th of August, 2008, 08:07
Chris Chandler

Thought not. Well, I'm here to elucidate you, yep! See, some folks call this the land of the Mists, or the Domain of Dread, or what have you. You're well-traveled, so you've spent time in the Ethereal. Well, that's where we are, a little pocket of the Ethereal, trying to grow into a proper plane. It's really a sort of chained archipelagos of connected pockets, all loosely grouped together by a singular power - the Mists themselves.

She gives you a questioning look, but continues -

No, I'm not ma... I take that back - I'm nuttier'n a fruitcake, but I'm spot on with this. This Domain of Dread has one big purpose, and that is to distill evil - it hungers for evil. It subsists on it. That means it draws the very nastiest folks from the Prime here, to one of the little pockets, and they do their thing, like be terrible ghosts, or avaricious vampires or lying scoundrels - it takes all sorts, and the realm grows.

She pauses -

Unread 27th of August, 2008, 11:49
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

"Alright, and that has... what to do with me, exactly?"
Unread 28th of August, 2008, 08:10
Chris Chandler

She laughs, enjoying the game -

Well, the very most nastiest of the nasty, they figure out that the Mists are eating them, after a fashion. I've seen it in a few of the pockets here - The Lord here, Godfrey, he's just an example, but he's a piker and a coward when it comes to brass tacks. He knows what the Mists have done for him, and what they do to him. He's learned to compensate. He, very occasionally, manages to call a particular nice, sweet, and kind individual, trick 'em, and then... eat them, after a fashion. His power bulks up, which allows his realm to grow, and it seems to make those tricksy Mists content, too. I mean, you've gotta admit it's pretty low-down, calling some on-high do-gooder out to be a planar meal.

She smiles, really big -

It really only has a tiny little bit to do with you, per se, though, like I said, you're the catalyst. See, Godfrey's been running Mordent into the ground for a while now and that's just not acceptable. So I'm takin' over!

She hoots.

And you are a particularly nutritious meal, so to speak. I sac you, go banish poor little Godfrey to Barovia or someplace else where he can contend with some other loser, and with my new spledifferous Mizuki power I become the Much More Beautiful and Terrible Lord Queen of Mordent - nice title, eh? Thought of it myself - oh, and probably a few neighboring little pockets, too. Oh, this is going to be so cool! I am so happy I found this place. Unlimited potential, I tells ya! Unlimited!

Unread 29th of August, 2008, 02:09
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

"Uhhuh. You're quite the poet. You sac me, was it? And who are you, exactly?"
Unread 29th of August, 2008, 05:10
Chris Chandler

((sorry for the delay))

Me? Well, I just told you my soon-to-be title, but that really doesn't help, now, does it?

She smiles again -

You know, I guess it wouldn't do any harm telling you who I am, though I've to say, I've had so many names over the years - So many different times, so many different faces. Ah, the memories.

She looks mock wistful for just a moment -

Oh, I could hear myself talk all day. Most recently, I was known as Abigail, Lady of Azure Flame, a priestess of... oh some local power or whatnot. I lose track of all the dogma. She, er, I was an important figure in a city called Haven. Heard of it? I'm not surprised, really - festering cyst of a city, really awful...

She trails off -

Oh, right - biography. Yeah, that's me. I'm her. Me. I'm me. Priestess from Haven.

Her smile is as big as ever.

Last edited by Chris Chandler; 4th of September, 2008 at 02:21.
Unread 1st of September, 2008, 05:44
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

Wow, you're more tiresome than Lord Godfrey was. Enough with the evasion. Let's dance already. My sword's already out, and I intend for it to be in her heart before I finish speaking.
Unread 1st of September, 2008, 09:46
Chris Chandler

You thrust, but it clear that the barb is more effective than the attack, though the woman's body crumples to the ground, bright sparks of light scattering as your blade flashes.

Oh, oh that was quick and painful! Now what I need to see is if you can deal with what you give.

The voice is disembodied now, and you hear the little dryad spirit shriek in terror.

She is coming for you!

You feel a looming presence, a sense of impending danger that quickly passes.

Interesting. You'd think with you standing still I might have... No matter. Try try again.

You don't see anything, exactly. There something akin to wafts of heat on the desert, a blurring of the air, just before you.

Last edited by Chris Chandler; 4th of September, 2008 at 02:21.
Unread 2nd of September, 2008, 11:29
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

I attack that blurring of hot air now. If it doesn't work, well, at least I've eliminated that possibility. If it does, then huzzah.
Unread 2nd of September, 2008, 23:43
Chris Chandler

You blade glows brighter as it senses the quarry before you and sparks fly from the waver of air before you. You hear the disembodied voice scream.

Can't be hit and can hit me here. Little tree- spirit -

Her voice is decidedly sing-song and menacing -

Just what did you bring me?

The little spirit smiles at you and then speaks out, toward the center of the room, in the direction of the blur.

You bade me call the most powerful of my kind that was not royalty. Mizuki is a river daughter, and the daughter of the Emmissary of Ehlonna. I believe that qualifies.

You little bark-faced bitch! I'll kill you again!!! Mizuki, it appears that your services are not needed - you are... overqualified. Now, if you don't mind, I've a spirit to destroy and a Lord of Mordent to kill the hard way.

You can hear the unease in Abigail's voice. The little spirit looks at you pleadingly -

The wood! Burn the wood!

Last edited by Chris Chandler; 4th of September, 2008 at 02:20.
Unread 3rd of September, 2008, 02:00
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

I do not take my eyes away from the wavering heat, and attack it again. "Scratch, can you burn the body please? Little one, could you tell her exactly what needs doing?"

Last edited by Chris Chandler; 3rd of September, 2008 at 07:31. Reason: Her name isn't Stitch
Unread 3rd of September, 2008, 07:36
Chris Chandler

Your friend materializes and moves through the door with incredible speed, laughing loudly at the spectres that feel the need to move their incorporeal bodies out of the way. The dryad spirit fades with a shout -

Quickly, to the old spruce!

The blur coalesces into a loose shape, vaguely female, still a spirit -

What do you think you are trying to do, here? I'm the one in control! I'm the one who brought you here? I can certainly cast you out whenever I damn well feel like it!

Strange that she hasn't yet, as you take another thrust with your blade.

Stop That!

She attempts some incantation, quickly, and you see the sparks of a failed dweomer shed across your skin.

And that too!

Almost there, river-daughter!

Unread 3rd of September, 2008, 07:54
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

"I'm glad you're still so chatty. It's very diverting. And, oh yes, you're certainly in total control here. I'm all aquiver. Terrified even." I smile, as I continue to do what I can to completely destroy this leech.
Unread 3rd of September, 2008, 12:52
Chris Chandler

You send a flurry her way, your blade biting her quavering form and she cries out.

Enough! This has gone on longer than you've even been alive, little backwater creek pixie. This is mine, and you shall not stop me.

Yes, that one, that one! Please! Oh, it burns!!!

Unread 4th of September, 2008, 01:58
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

"Oh, well, since you ask so nicely...."

I'm not intending to stop til it's done.
Unread 4th of September, 2008, 02:20
Chris Chandler

You start to feel a rumble around you. You also begin to smell hickory and sycamore smoke, wafting into the disheveled manor.

The task is... done... Mizuki... Thank you Scratch...

and the Dryad Spirit has gone to where the Shepherd can keep watch over her.

Now it gets confusing -

That dryad had a blood-binding to summon you here. You feel that release. You hear solid footfalls, quick and light, coming down the hall. You hear a call - Gennifer -

Abigail, my friend, just what was so urgent that you send a courier to have me come he -

She turns the corner -

She stops, looking down at the physical body of Abigail, and you with your shining blade out -

Mizuki? What is going on here!?

Yes, yes I'd like to know the same thing.

You don't see Godfrey - his voice is throughout the manor.

Dammit, Ginny, I don't need you anymore!!!

Lady Weathermay looks a might confused, and a little afraid of you.

((I went back and fixed the color for Abigail in the previous posts - sorry about that))

Last edited by Chris Chandler; 4th of September, 2008 at 02:22.
Unread 4th of September, 2008, 02:47
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

Not really the best time to talk, but the short is that your friend here was going to use my blood or soul or something to supplant Lord Godfrey. I assume that her disguise explains many things.

I continue to attack the evil in front of me, even while calmly explaining.
Unread 4th of September, 2008, 07:02
Chris Chandler

You slash out, and can tell that you are hurting her, definitely -

Godfrey laughs, the timbers of the manor shaking, dust falling -

It doesn't work that way, pet. Goodness me. Do you think I chose this for myself? No, it's the Mists, they chose me. They might have chosen you, but not here, I'm so, sorry. They won't be able to chose you, once I finish with you.

Gennifer looks at you in horror -

I never - I didn't have any... Please forgive me!

She collapses, crying.

Pathetic worm - Once Godfrey's destroyed, the vacuum will -

I can't be destroyed you stupid, stupid girl- don't you think I've tried? Think you'd have learned something about the place your planning on ruling -

Lies -

Ah, what's this? The blood bond is gone, and I see that this little bright shining pest is no longer bound to my realm. Good riddance Miss Mizuki, I hope to never see you again. Don't worry, though - I'll toy with this one a good long time before I send her into torment.

You see Scratch, her head low, her nose a bit singed, coming into the room. She nearly knocks Gennifer down, she is so crestfallen in her task -

What in the world!

Oh, pardon. Mizuki, can we please leave this place?

Ah yes, the pest's pet. Begone with you both - I've torture to plan. Oh, and great-granddaughter, be a dear and clean that corpse off of my floor.

Gennifer looks to the ground, shrugs, tears in her eyes -

Yes, of course, Lord Godfrey.

You feel a definite sense of fading, either you and Scratch are beginning to fade, or this realm is. The hazy form of Abigail, her spirit body torn and bereft from your assault, is before you - you almost can see her eyes, and in that almost form, they look pleading. You see Godfrey apparate just next to her. He smiles menacingly as he waves at you.

Unread 5th of September, 2008, 05:15
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

I imagine it's futile, but I make a move towards Godfrey with my sword, trying to get one last shot in.
Unread 5th of September, 2008, 05:43
Chris Chandler

You step and fall, seemingly into a pit the drop is so sudden and you automatically scramble for balance. You see Scratch do the same thing, and you see her tumble about, trying to catch wind, in vain.

The area around you is completely dark - can only see the heat from Scratch. You have the definite sense of rapid movement, though there is no breeze and no reference in the distance.

You continue for quite some time, traveling through this void. You lose much of your sense of time, but you feel as if there is a presence observing you, trying to... force something upon you, and then, nothing. You do, however become aware in this blackness of a yawning maw, still black, but with the tinges of darkest red. You smell dust and bones, feel heat, hear the clink of wooden chimes, the sound of the wind against the dunes of sand.

You see the maw open and in a moment you are standing upon sand and you see a bright, barren sky, a young woman standing before you.

((You are the 4th to Athas. Welcome home!!!))