Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Chris Chandler's Games > Epicureans

Unread 22nd of August, 2008, 05:36
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

Member: #1475
You hear the miller's windmill start to hum the way that it does in a brisk wind. You can feel the first stings of rain from the fierce gust coming your way.

Peter smiles and sucks his persimmon dry.

Y'know that cave w'found last week? Think it goes back a bit further than w'thought. What say w'head over there 'morrow?

You hear an enormous crack, from above! The largest limb of this old tree has broken. This is the limb that killed Peter.

You hear another crack and you see the side of a gully, and catch sight of the dust and shards of rocks from the boulder flung down toward you.

You should have stayed out of my den if you did not want to play!

Another rock flies at your head, exploding just to your left.

The tall, lean giant looks like he was carved from a block of granite. He hops down into the gully where you fled, some fifty feet and grins.

The giant had kidnapped a young noble's bride and newborn babe. You had been able to secure their escape, but was not so fortunate about the hair on your own neck. This had already happened! This was just a few years ago, while you were traveling in a land called Ansalon. You'd just left the city of Sancrist heading south.

I'll accept payment in your hide, little human!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Unread 23rd of August, 2008, 11:38
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

Member: #2777
My blood was already pumping, now it begins to boil.

I defeated you once foul beast, now I'll show you the full fury of my wrath.

If there is a storm in the area I'll take to the sky, if not I'll use my armor to launch myself into the wind. I'll draw my bow, and prepare to slaughter the beast.
Unread 25th of August, 2008, 22:55
Chris Chandler

It's a mismatch before it even begins. You are far more mobile than the giant, even though with little effort he can send enormous stones in your direction. Your bowstring hums as you slay the creature, and he lay crumpled like slag.

'Tis a fine shot, to be shore, Missy, but I can do a moit better. If'n you please.

You feathered the bullseye with your last shot and the tall man to your left, the very Duke who invited you to this tournament for a bit of relaxation before you headed out to... no wait. this hasn't exactly happened, now has it? You are dressed in the colors of a soldier of Furyondy, and you carry a stout ashen bow, but certainly not your own... except that it is your bow. You feel the familiar weight of a chain hauberk upon your shoulders and the man, middle-aged with the broad features of a career soldier, you've never seen, yet you've known him for... years.

He pulls back and, taking a deep breath in and letting it out, sends his shaft to the target. It hits a bare breadth to the right of your own fletching, still hitting the bullseye, but not bettering your own shot.

Bah, you've the blood of Solonor Thelandira, Captain Frost. I'd that shot dead, and was as fine as I could pull. Well met. You've earned your prize today. I'll grant you another two weeks 'fore we muster again. Tell Arthur I said, "Hello!"

He smiles and squeezes your shoulder, then leaves -

You saw that, right? As close as I've gotten!

You hear a cheer from your men for the both of you.

Wait, Arthur? You have a husband named Arthu... Husband?!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Unread 26th of August, 2008, 11:25
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

I nod to the Duke and cheer for my men as they cheer for me....No, someone or something is messing with me. I probably never left the beholder's lair. I refuse to play anymore.
Unread 27th of August, 2008, 01:52
Chris Chandler

Even when you are actually enmeshed in an illusion, the few times that you've succumbed, you've been able to acknowledge that there is a primal element of life missing, even if your mind is receptive to the effect. Clearly, something is "messing" with you, but this is something altogether different. The memories are real, that element of life is there.

Nonetheless, you begin to clap for your men and you suddenly have the feeling of falling, backward, as if you are about to black out.

Unread 27th of August, 2008, 02:09
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

Interesting!

Try to twist into a protected landing position before passing out.
Unread 27th of August, 2008, 03:39
Chris Chandler

Your sense of falling only increases, and your vision does, indeed, quickly fade to black, but you do not feel unconscious, but rather, that you are falling, no, rather that you are flying suddenly through some enormous dark space. You can see nothing around you, but have the sense of rapid movement through wherever you might be. Your sense of direction is at odds right now, as well. It's hard to tell any direction.

Unread 28th of August, 2008, 01:14
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

Oooooooo, now this really is interesting!

I try not to fight it to much, and enjoy the hell out of it. This is one of those once in a lifetime experiences. Let the senses go.
Unread 28th of August, 2008, 06:50
Chris Chandler

Excellent! You do so and, as a result will be most able to adjust to the sudden development before you.

You remain in this state for what could be hours, could be minutes - your sense of time was checked at the portal, as well, and when you see, in the distance, the burgeoning dark red glow approaching, you are actually able to control your descent, as you have the distinct impression that the red glow is down.

Unread 28th of August, 2008, 23:40
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

Ahhhh, quiet introspection.

I fully enjoy the time of absolute nothingness. So much so, that I almost jump out of my pants when I suddenly become aware.

Once I regain my composure, I'll continue to allow destiny, or divine guidance, whichever it is, to guide me. If I suddenly feel the urge to veer right, I do so. If I suddenly feel the urge to veer left, I do so, and so on. I do have fun with the dive though. Going fast, then slow, then fast, but making sure to go slow, and soft on the landing.
Unread 29th of August, 2008, 02:12
Chris Chandler

And that, as they say, is that.

You softly pass through the dark red aura - almost like a membrane, come to think of it. As you do, you begin to smell dust and bones, feel heat, hear the clink of wooden chimes, the sound of the wind against the dunes of sand.

Then you are standing, your feet on the hot, dry sand.

((You are the third through into Athas. Welcome home!)

Unread 29th of August, 2008, 06:04
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

Mmmmmm, nice heat.

I look around, looking for the source of the chimes.

(Do I still have the disk in my hand? Or any other sign that I'm back in 'reality'?)
Unread 29th of August, 2008, 06:06
Chris Chandler

Yes, the disk, cracked down the middle, is still in your hand. We'll pick the rest of it up in the upstart IC.