Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Sheepmen's Games > Vampire Knights

Unread 20th of March, 2009, 10:14
Sheepmen
Ghast [GM]

Member: #7472
Location: roaming around, but don't expect me to help you get any sleep tonight.. you're on your own
Thinktank

this room is for those in game character to character or group brainstorming sessions, please use this channel for such things. it's allways better to have a pow wow right before you pull the lever and get someone killed, all be it i know some people choose to just go it alone. I do encourage everyone to use this room, and as much as needed or wanted.

"if it looks dangerous try having one of your friends go first"
Unread 29th of March, 2009, 23:51
5Solas
Ghoul

Member: #7474
I guess I'll go ahead and start...if my initial examination here is correct, then that means that we still might find something if we go and investigate ourselves, as it was still there after the murder and I think would have been taken if it had simply been something (or someone) that was reflecting. I have absolutely no clue what it might be or mean, though.
Unread 30th of March, 2009, 02:44
Erdrix
Zombie

Member: #3054
that was going to be one of my suggestions. I'm just waiting for everyone else to post. I'm also waiting to see if Dr. Scott has anything to say about Morfran's suggestion.

Last edited by Erdrix; 30th of March, 2009 at 02:46.
Unread 30th of March, 2009, 04:37
Scythe
Bodak

Member: #2925
There are many different possibilities for us here:

- The local Nosferatu can have some nifty information
- The crime scene itself could give us some valuable "intel"
- Depending on my occult check (which seems pretty darn good), we may have another lead to go on. I could try and got some information from covenant members in the area.
- Dr. Scott said she was a Disney Channel star; her family might know something, she might have enemies, the show itself could end up being "anti-christian" (hypothesis) , leading to such a crime.
- And of course, this will lead to a hidden plot; maybe the people in power are simply using us (Sunny's personal view on the matter)
Unread 30th of March, 2009, 04:59
Erdrix
Zombie

Dr. Scott did say to split up, so i'll talk to the ugly and ya'll can figure out what ya'll want to do.
Unread 30th of March, 2009, 05:03
Scythe
Bodak

I wanted to add that since this meeting is happening directly after the fight, maybe feeding is in order before we head out?

I'm pretty sure Sunny would have used a turn to pump up his resilience, and increased his Dexterity every turn for an extra dice pool on his firearms check.
Unread 30th of March, 2009, 05:05
5Solas
Ghoul

Good point...a feeding before splitting up would be most warranted. I suggest that at least two of us take the crime scene as well; I'll volunteer for that.
Unread 30th of March, 2009, 06:08
Erdrix
Zombie

Was this right after the fight? I thought the fight was just to show how we started working together and have been at it awhile.
Unread 30th of March, 2009, 07:36
Sheepmen
Ghast [GM]

Location: roaming around, but don't expect me to help you get any sleep tonight.. you're on your own
time has passed since the fight, you all are at full vitae. and as for the nos guy he may be hard to get too, he is being asked “questions” by the sheriff right now. That’s what Dr Scott meant by saying our police. And just remember no one knows that this has even happened yet. So if you guys begin questing people the wrong way you could leak what happened. Also you guys can ask me questions in this thread or for clarification on things. But I cannot do IC stuff here.

also if you guys want to change scenes or move locations make sure you say that "I am going here to do this" that's my queue to maybe start a new thread if needed for you and your new location (idiot ST proof)

Unread 2nd of April, 2009, 12:02
Scythe
Bodak

I'm waiting for Halleck and Robert to depart from the scene before venturing into the 3C building, maybe they would like to ask something before leaving, or check something out before heading towards our goal.
Unread 2nd of April, 2009, 13:27
Sheepmen
Ghast [GM]

I think it is implied and warranted that they or rather all three of you have left the scene, so it's ok to just pick up there in the 3C building when ever you are ready. If anyone has any last minute questions I may be able to answer them here. But for the most part you have dug all the info out of Dr Scott that he has to offer.

Unread 2nd of April, 2009, 13:33
Scythe
Bodak

Perfect, I'll try getting something up tomorrow (I have a philosophy writing exam in the morning, the bed is looking more and more comfortable the more I look at it, lol)
Unread 2nd of April, 2009, 21:58
Erdrix
Zombie

is there something I could role to help me decide which way to go? He could have taken the back ally if he didn't want to be seen, or he could taken the business street if he wanted to blend in, assuming he's not a freak show. There's also a good chance the bum is so drunk he wouldn't know left or right if it slapped him on the side of the head or worse he works for the nos or was threaten even more severly by him.
Unread 3rd of April, 2009, 00:16
Sheepmen
Ghast [GM]

That is a tough call, you have a base 50/50 chance. So you must decide if you in fact believe the bum or not. But as for you options, because the situation has become stressed, you have time to get off a roll or two, but the more time you use here means the farther away your target is getting. But as for the options you can try and figure out if the bum is lying, but that task will be the hardest, mainly because he’s hammered as hell, option B you can investigate the scene and look for clues. (also with penalties but far less severe) Or option C is you just choose a direction and hope you have made a good choice.

Here will be your roll choices if you choose to make them

Lie detecting
(Wits + Subterfuge - Wits +Subterfuge of target ) or your total - 3 dice. Your target number is 9 for that role, side note if you botch the role your character will believe him all the same.

CSI
(Wits + investigation + Equipment) well you don’t have any equipment nor the time to use it anyway. The modifier there is -2 dice for poorly lit and that you have to do it quickly but your target number is standard.

Unread 3rd of April, 2009, 01:24
Erdrix
Zombie

For the sake of time, i'll go with what the bum said.
Unread 3rd of April, 2009, 04:06
Erdrix
Zombie

what's to the left?
Unread 3rd of April, 2009, 05:53
Sheepmen
Ghast [GM]

i did a quick edit, that should be better now

Unread 4th of April, 2009, 00:39
Vortigern
Bodak [GM]

Member: #7429
Why did these guys choose this particular girl for their sacrifice? If you are looking for a virgin sacrifice you could certainly find one that was a lower risk target than a disney star. So why take the extra risk of going after this particular girl?

Disease of the brain and a pedophiliac addiction to the disney channel?

Or is there something special about her? Bloodline/lineage? Religious affiliation? Whatever. There is a reason they picked her, and we should find it out.

"Adventure is something bad, happening to someone else, far far away."
Unread 4th of April, 2009, 00:47
5Solas
Ghoul

Agreed, though this new reference to "angel sightings" and the firing of her personal "pastor" might be a lead.
Unread 4th of April, 2009, 03:39
Scythe
Bodak

Originally Posted by 5Solas # Agreed, though this new reference to "angel sightings" and the firing of her personal "pastor" might be a lead.
QFT

The last strip of information on her just adds more and more to the reason that MAYBE she was chosen for a target as a sacrifice.
Unread 6th of April, 2009, 02:30
Erdrix
Zombie

Does the salon have a tanning bed?
Unread 6th of April, 2009, 03:21
Scythe
Bodak

5Solas, I could come over and Dominate him so he could tell us the information you are looking for.
Unread 6th of April, 2009, 03:36
5Solas
Ghoul

Hmm...true, though I was really looking to get access to the security room and any records of the service entrance and hallways that night given the exits that I found from the ceiling crawlspace; I seriously doubt this guy has any useful information, but I could be wrong.

Perhaps dominate, interrogate, and have him give us access?
Unread 6th of April, 2009, 03:49
Scythe
Bodak

I'm not really sure he knows anything in particular, but if he doesn't feel like helping, I can give him a little push.
Unread 6th of April, 2009, 03:51
5Solas
Ghoul

Fair enough...I'll let you know. Oh, and good job on managing to get that computer to work, even with rolling a 3. :p