Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Erendiox's Games > Masters of Day and Night

Unread 10th of July, 2004, 13:37
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

Member: #672
Snowsilver Sanctum (OOC)

Hey everybody. Welcome to our new forums.

Ok. Im hoping to start the game sometime soon. Lyn has informed me that she will be gone until sunday so that is theoretically as soon as we could start. Before we can get going, of course, I need everyone's character sent to me by email for a thorough inspection and then posted in the Exalted subforum.

Here is everyone's status:

Eternal - Still waiting for your char to be sent to me. Get it to me as soon as you can dust

..............or else

Red - Still waiting for your char as well. Im almost tempted to just let you post yours in the char section without me looking at it (im assuming no problems from you)....... but no, send it to me first just for the sake of procedure.

Lyn - ive got your character. After careful inspection and deliberation my final decision is........... you're fired ......... Just kidding . Your character is great. One minor problem. After counting your skills and BP useage (several times ) I keep counting you one too many skill points over. It actually could be one BP if you had spent one to raise a caste/favored ability. If you could just correct that by subtracting one point from one of your skills, you can then go right ahead and post it in the char section.

CouchpotatoGOD - Im sitting right next to you as I type this. No need to tell you anything encouraging loozzer. *little brother proceeds to cry eyes out*

And there is one mysterious stranger with no forum name as of yet. I will make sure he gets one and posts his char soon.
Unread 11th of July, 2004, 02:15
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

Member: #431
Originally Posted by Erendiox Red - Still waiting for your char as well. Im almost tempted to just let you post yours in the char section without me looking at it (im assuming no problems from you)....... but no, send it to me first just for the sake of procedure.
Yeeeeah I'll go get on that now. I'll try and get it to you today.
Unread 12th of July, 2004, 08:48
Lyn Nalyr
Ghoul

Member: #665
oops my bad, sorry Dan. I'll fix it.
Unread 12th of July, 2004, 09:47
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

Ok. Another update.

Lyn, Red, Couch, your characters are posted and you three are squared away. Eternal will hopefully post his character soon, I prompted him to last night. The mysterious unnamed person must be hunted down , but his character has allready been approved by me so as soon as he has a forum identity, his character is going up.

Also, the solars, Red, Lyn, and the mysterious man, must come up with a little backstory on how you met up with each other. Either you guys do it or I can do it if you like. I would prefer it if you guys could figured it out on your own tho. I think it would be better that way, since they are your characters after all. The same goes for the two lunars, Couch and Eternal. If one of you from each group could send a paragraph or two explaining how you all met up (either by email or PM), then I could include that in the opening post for both groups.

Btw, Red and Lyn, if you could just work the story out between yourselves for now, im going to get the myserious stranger online as soon as I can so he can talk with you two.

Gimme a message back soon guys. As soon as this is done the game starts!
Unread 15th of July, 2004, 15:03
RelentlessNight
Spawn of Kyuss

Member: #663
Hmm, any chance I can join your merry troupe?
Unread 15th of July, 2004, 22:44
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

Originally Posted by RelentlessNight Hmm, any chance I can join your merry troupe?
Always a chance my friend . Would you mind if I asked you to be a non-full moon lunar? Right now the count is 3 solars and 2 beefy full moon lunars. If you really dont want to then you can certainly be something else if you wish. Im not going to force you.
Unread 16th of July, 2004, 14:29
RelentlessNight
Spawn of Kyuss

Member: #663
I wish I could be a Lunar but... I can't due to not owning E: tL. I was planning on creating a night caste pickpocket and thief to join your band. I havent played a night caste before so I thought it might be something different
Unread 16th of July, 2004, 14:50
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

The problem is I have a night caste solar in here allready with a very simliar concept. Id love to have you in the game but I really want to avoid having two of the very same kind of characters. Especially if they are the same caste.
Unread 16th of July, 2004, 15:24
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

Ok. All my players, I need your attention.

Before we all go get ourselves killed, there are 2 very simple house rules that I would very much like to use in this game. Of course, this is everyone's game and if someone has a big problem with either or both, then we can just forget about them. I always thought they were nifty. Here they are:

#1: If you are attacked after declaring and performing actions, you may make parrys at a cumlative -2 dicepool and Dodges at -1 dicepool. Basically, if find yourself out of declared actions, there is no need to die a horrific death because you miscalculated something and have no declared actions left. Combat shouldn't have to be a frusterating guessing game where you can be caught completely off guard by making the wrong decision. This basically means that you have defense rolls until you run out of dice.

Example (if you completely didnt understand the above paragraph ): Solar Dawn is being attacked by several guards. He splits his dicepool 3 ways, wins initiative, and attacks 3 times. after his attacks, the guards who were not attacked make their move against Dawn. Since Dawn's last action was at -5 (three actions is -3, -4, -5) he could make parry/blocks at -7, then -9, then -11, until he ran out of dice. He could also make dodges at -6, -7, -8... until he ran out of dice. The rules for aborting to a defense still holds as normal if you are attacked before initiative except for the abort to parry rule. Instead of only one parry, you get parries just as above, at -2 cumulative dicepool.

and rule #2, which is quite a bit simpler than rule #1:
When rolling for damage, take into account the number of successes achieved.... If only 1 success is rolled, calculate damage as normal, and the player does 1/4 dice in final damage. If only 2 successes are rolled. The player only does 1/2 dice in final damage. 3 successes provide full damage and the rules stay the same from that upward. This, in my opinion, prevents what I have seen before, people splitting their action into a million attacks, in the hopes of garnishing a success and doing huge damage with a very powerful weapon (not that I think you all would do that but I like this rule anyways). I think it makes a nice noticible gap between a skimming hit and a solid blow.

Once again, if you guys arent cool with this stuff, then we can forget about it. Also, just remember, not only are both rules good for extending your lifespan, but it will do the same for your enemies. These rules are double edged swords .

Last edited by Erendiox; 16th of July, 2004 at 15:28.
Unread 16th of July, 2004, 21:18
Eternal
Wight

Member: #745
You are rolling and regulating action sequences for us, right? If that is that case (and I can't see it working any other way) than how will battle sequences and stunts work?
Unread 17th of July, 2004, 01:30
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

Originally Posted by Eternal You are rolling and regulating action sequences for us, right? If that is that case (and I can't see it working any other way) than how will battle sequences and stunts work?
I dont quite understand what you're asking. Action sequences go like this:

- Combat starts
- I explain the situation and roll initiative, telling you what order you will go in.
- You post in that order, declaring you actions and rolling your rolls beforehand.
- I post all the results and give you the next initiative.

Its really that simple. If you dont completely understand, heres a good example of combat ive been looking at:

http://www.online-roleplaying.com/fo...7&page=6&pp=25

Oh. And also, stunts work like this. Whenever I feel you action deserved stunt dice, I will roll those dice seperately and add any successes to you initial result.
Unread 18th of July, 2004, 08:40
PatrynXar
Skeleton

Member: #844
I wish to join you in this woderus farse. Merely tell which is needed an any details i need to know and i will get a character together. Thanks.
Unread 18th of July, 2004, 10:23
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

Originally Posted by PatrynXar I wish to join you in this woderus farse. Merely tell which is needed an any details i need to know and i will get a character together. Thanks.
Well then. Im glad to have prospective players step up to our door . If I could ask you to play a specific type of exalted, that would be great. It would balance things out if you were to play a non-full moon lunar. We allready have two full moon lunar warriors and it would be great if we had a lunar character that embodied some stuff 'sides killing things (no disrespect to the full moons intended ). If you dont think you can play a char like this or you really dont want to, I wont force you. We still have two more solar exalted castes that are not taken: Zenith, and Twilight. You could be either of those as well, allthough being the lunar would help things alot. Your choice really. Get back to me whenever you can and ill squeze you in somewhere.
Unread 18th of July, 2004, 14:06
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

Say, Erendiox? How much Essence have Silver Wind and Shaedra spent? And do they have any side effects (*cough*anima banner*cough*) from any such expidentures?

Winner of the 2011 Coolest Avatar Award
Unread 19th of July, 2004, 11:36
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

Thats a good question Red . In the beginning it didnt matter really, but since you seem to be on battle's doorstep, its something that needs to be clarified. To be perfectly honest, I didnt map out exactly what you did during the battle so im going to leave this matter up to my wonderful friend, the 10 sided die. Understand the battle was brutal, you left no quarter with your combat charms. You have both spent 20 +2d10 essence. That subtracted from what your max pool is, will be what you have at the moment. And tell you what, ill even roll it for you .

Shaedra - [2, 6] = 8 + 20 = 28 spent essence

Silver Wind - [8, 7] = 15 + 20 = 35 spent essence

There you go kids

Oh. btw, your anima banners have had plenty of time to cool down, even now to the point where the lv 1 mark will not linger, so you're both safe.... sorta .
Unread 22nd of July, 2004, 15:09
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

Heh, thats a LOT of essence for Silver Wind. She's only got 4 essence left in her peripheral pool, and nothing left in her personal pool.

Speaking of essence, our friendly Luanrs have been spending it like crazy shapechanging and stuff. I hope you boys have been keeping track of it.

And on a semi-related note, Here's hoping everyone can communicate, no? Silver Wind speaks River-speak and Low realm, and I know Shaedra speaks Low realm, but what do our friendly Lunars speak in?

Winner of the 2011 Coolest Avatar Award
Unread 23rd of July, 2004, 00:53
CouchpotatoGOD
Ghoul

Member: #832
Sorry bout the essence drain red

And the languages..... hadnt thought of that....

Well, I just spoke with CouchpotatoGOD about what language he knows. It occured to him that since he was raised in an orphanage, he knows low realm, but he has had plenty of time with the lunars in the east to learn forest-tongue, so he has made a small change to his character to add 1 lingusitics. So Tiden knows low realm and forest tongue, but Icarus has no linguistics score, and was born and raised in the deep east as a barbarian, so im assuming he knows nothing but forest tongue. As far as the last few posts where we had talked to eachother..... I have no idea what to do. It would be frivelous to go back and edit everything to account for the fact that the lunars would probably have started taking in forest tongue, or the fact that Icarus does not know the language the solars speak in. I suppose we could just go on and forget about it. That would be best. Everything will be in low realm, and Tiden will have to translate for Icarus. That keeps things simple.
Unread 23rd of July, 2004, 02:51
Eternal
Wight

Dude, if you recheck my sheet, you'll see that I have one in Linguistics and two in Lore. You have me a mistake my friend! I never make a Lunar that can only talk one language and is illiterate.
Unread 24th of July, 2004, 00:38
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

OH! Im sorry for assumng you a stupid illiterate lunar killing machine Eternal . I just took a glance at your wisdom skills and I didnt see linguistics there, so I assumed you had none. I dont know why the hell the game designers put linguistics under LIFE skills, makes no sense to me. So I assume you know low realm and we can put aside this whole language problem?
Unread 28th of July, 2004, 08:10
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

Dammit Erendiox, you just love throwing Silver Wind in for a loop don't you? I was hoping she'd get there in time to at least save someone, but it looks like she was a few seconds too late.

Kinda regretting not taking tha Fiery Arrow charm right now...

And on a more biological note, Kheervis is a he, not a she.

And it seems we will finally be forcing this mysterious person to post.

Last edited by red_dr4g0n94; 28th of July, 2004 at 09:01.
Unread 28th of July, 2004, 11:21
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

Kheervis = he got it

and btw, who says you're not in time to save someone.....
Unread 1st of August, 2004, 04:42
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

I sorta assumed that Indurian speaks River-Speak in my last post, since it says in his sheet that he was born and raised in Nexus. That and the fact that he doesn't have any dots in linguistics means he would have had to shout out in that.

He's just lucky the person he shouted out to actually understood it. Otherwise we might have had a misunderstanding involving bloodshed that would probably have to be solved post-humanisly.

And on another note, if Indurian does become part of the party, it seems Silver Wind will have to play translator between them. That may play out rather interesting, depending on how this little confrontation plays out.
Unread 4th of August, 2004, 04:59
Eternal
Wight

Hi I'm grounded from the compy, so don't tell anyone I posted!
Unread 12th of August, 2004, 14:23
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

Hey guys. Im leavin tomorrow (thursday) to go down to florida with the family. Im gone for about 2 weeks. I honestly dont know if im going to be able to get access to the internet while im there so things might come to a halt while im gone (not that they havent with Tolvai around. Forgive him, hes a buisy guy ). So hopefully I will be able to post, but if not ill see you all on monday 2 weeks from now. Cya!
Unread 13th of August, 2004, 06:32
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

Yeah, it's okay. At the rate we're going me and Tolvai might actually have this conversation done by the end of the month...