Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Mercutio's Games > XCrawl

Reply
Thread Tools
  #576  
Unread 6th of February, 2013, 04:11
Mercutio's Avatar
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1485
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 8,215 (1.71 per day)
"After the catastrophe of the last time they came here, IGNITION seems to be taking it a little slower this go 'round."

"Yes, they are Chuck. But can you blame them?"

"I guess not, Dan. Still, I hope we see some action soon. I'm anxious to see how Phantom covers for his earlier blunder."

"Well, I think we're about to find out. Some sort of whirlwind just began to descend in the northwestern corner."

"Oh! And two others right nearby!"

"Elementals. Tough to see, tough to fight, but probably closer to parity with the strength of these teams."



Last edited by Mercutio; 6th of February, 2013 at 06:19.
Reply With Quote
  #577  
Unread 12th of February, 2013, 05:03
Krypton's Avatar
Krypton
Devourer [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Member: #7768
Posts: 1,166 (0.35 per day)
Tricks steps forward, intent on getting the battle started off on the right foot. He could just make out the edge of what looked to be the biggest Air Elemental.

He wasn't certain that he could reach it with his spell, but he began casting the spell, the final part of it just on the tip of his tongue, waiting to make certain the Elementals are in range.


Reply With Quote
  #578  
Unread 16th of February, 2013, 02:07
Lune's Avatar
Lune
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1510
Location: Missagain
Posts: 2,058 (0.43 per day)
With a target in sight Razor Charlie moves purposefully toward the front of the party. He wasn't sure how much good his daggers would do against these foes but he was determined to find out.



__________________
"Plus, you know, robots. Pew-pew." - Benicus

Last edited by Mercutio; 16th of February, 2013 at 02:14.
Reply With Quote
  #579  
Unread 17th of February, 2013, 04:05
Mercutio's Avatar
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1485
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 8,215 (1.71 per day)
"Well, Chuck, the elementals are pretty darn fast, but that was a lot of ground to cover, and it seems like they're going to stand off just a bit to see what IGNITION's next play is."

"That's what it looks like, Dan, but they also look like they're ready to hit back if anyone gets close."

"Looks like Razor Charlie thinks that's close enough, and it's juuuuuuust a bit outside."

"Ball 1, Dan."




Last edited by Mercutio; 17th of February, 2013 at 04:49.
Reply With Quote
  #580  
Unread 17th of February, 2013, 10:46
Captain Gavis's Avatar
Captain Gavis
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Member: #7805
Location: East Syracuse
Posts: 1,250 (0.38 per day)
"So far, not dead that's gotta be a new record..." Isaac muttered under his breath. He lifted his hand, a shifting purple well of energy at the ready and took careful aim at the largest foe. As he let his eldritch blast fly a flash of insight came to him, a "gift" from his shadowy master. "Don't get close to them, Air elementals can turn into a tornado at will. Trick, you and me are going to have to focus on the big one, weapons are going to have little to no effect on it. The rest, focus on the smaller ones from the furthest range you can."


Last edited by Captain Gavis; 18th of February, 2013 at 05:09.
Reply With Quote
  #581  
Unread 17th of February, 2013, 10:52
zachol's Avatar
zachol
Flesh Colossus [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1103
Location: Glorious Nippon
Posts: 8,153 (1.61 per day)
Val grumbles under her breath as she moves across the tunnel.
"Bet those things have, like, a 'wind shield' that knocks away arrows or something."
She fires an arrow at the big center one, as she stops right over her discarded bow.




Last edited by Mercutio; 17th of February, 2013 at 11:41.
Reply With Quote
  #582  
Unread 19th of February, 2013, 17:01
Tashalar's Avatar
Tashalar
Ghastly Thread Necromancer [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Member: #1799
Location: Castle Korvosa
Posts: 5,971 (1.32 per day)
Lucius shortly considered shooting his bow at the creatures but immediately discarded the idea. The incredible speed of the elementals meant they'd be upon them in mere fractions of a second and it was his job to take the brunt of the assault. Tilting his neck left then right, there was an audible crack - then he strode forwards.

"Wow, you're just an accumulation of stinky vapors, aren't you? Why don't you dissipate and we'll be on our way, hm?" Standing in front of the others, he readied himself to evade the elemental's attacks while his newfound companions shot at the creatures.



__________________

Last edited by Tashalar; 20th of February, 2013 at 02:48.
Reply With Quote
  #583  
Unread 25th of February, 2013, 09:22
Linklegacy77's Avatar
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1662
Location: United States
Posts: 5,944 (1.27 per day)
Adamant takes aim at the largest elemental and unleashes a bolt from his crossbow, then puts it away entirely, focusing on his buckler and blocking potential attacks.... as if he could figure out how against a beast literally made of the air around him.




Last edited by Linklegacy77; 25th of February, 2013 at 10:03.
Reply With Quote
  #584  
Unread 26th of February, 2013, 09:35
Krypton's Avatar
Krypton
Devourer [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Member: #7768
Posts: 1,166 (0.35 per day)
Tricks stands tall, staring at the elementals as they crossed the room. Could arrows even hurt them?

Magic seemed to hurt them, though. Didn't it? The elemental he'd hit seemed less powerful.



__________________
GM
none currently
Player
To the Arena! To the Death!

Last edited by Mercutio; 2nd of March, 2013 at 05:05.
Reply With Quote
  #585  
Unread 7th of March, 2013, 04:18
Lune's Avatar
Lune
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1510
Location: Missagain
Posts: 2,058 (0.43 per day)
Razor Charlie waited grim faced and steadfast for the elementals to continue to approach.

__________________
"Plus, you know, robots. Pew-pew." - Benicus
Reply With Quote
  #586  
Unread 10th of March, 2013, 13:51
Mercutio's Avatar
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1485
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 8,215 (1.71 per day)
"Adamant pulls his crossbow and looses a bolt at the elementals, but misses completely."

"That's sort of shocking, Dan. I mean, I know he's not really a ranged combatant, but it really has seemed like he's been the most consistent hitter for the whole team."

"That is true, Chuck, but I think Hellfire's rest has done him some good. His eldritch blast slams into the larger elemental. I'm not sure how much it hurt it. Can't really tell since it doesn't really have a face."

"New guy Lucius moves forward and places himself between the elementals and his team."

"That's impressive for a guy who just stepped in today."

"Well, professional crawls aren't the same as the kinds of murder-fests the world once engaged in."

"I suppose you have a point."

"Val steps up and shoots at the big elemental, but the being of pure air ducks away pretty easily."

"Razor Charlie just fingers his daggers, getting ready to attack as soon as the elementals get close."

"And Tricks sends out a Magic Missile, which homes in on the elemental farthest south."

"The elementals continue charging in, with two of them heading for Lucius and one for Tricks. The large one connects with Lucius, despite the warrior's readiness, but the smaller one can't get past the armor."

"Yeah, and unfortunately for Tricks, that elemental manages to smack him."

"But he rolls with, Chuck, and it turns into a glancing blow."

"Razor Charlies launches a lightning fast counter-assault, but only one of his daggers manages to connect."



Reply With Quote
  #587  
Unread 10th of March, 2013, 20:28
Tashalar's Avatar
Tashalar
Ghastly Thread Necromancer [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Member: #1799
Location: Castle Korvosa
Posts: 5,971 (1.32 per day)
Fists of pure air pummel Lucius as he tries to hold the line agains the elementals. One of the smaller ones slips past him. "Take out the small ones first," he shouts. "I'll hold off the large one until we can all focus on it!"

Holding back his attack at first to try and see how the others were reacting to his impromptu recomandation, Lucius finally swings his flail and tries to bring it down where he thinks a head should be. Not that it would do much good, but one could always hope.



__________________

Last edited by Mercutio; 11th of March, 2013 at 02:22.
Reply With Quote
  #588  
Unread 11th of March, 2013, 01:20
Captain Gavis's Avatar
Captain Gavis
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Member: #7805
Location: East Syracuse
Posts: 1,250 (0.38 per day)
More eldritch energy launched from Hellfire's outstretched palm this time targeting the closer --uncomfortably closer-- elemental. He considered letting off another witty remark but the chanced the elemental would understand were low.




Last edited by Mercutio; 11th of March, 2013 at 05:49.
Reply With Quote
  #589  
Unread 20th of March, 2013, 04:19
Linklegacy77's Avatar
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1662
Location: United States
Posts: 5,944 (1.27 per day)
Adamant draws his weapon and focuses entirely on avoiding potential attacks, ensuring that he won't be taken out quickly.

Reply With Quote
  #590  
Unread 21st of March, 2013, 00:58
Krypton's Avatar
Krypton
Devourer [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Member: #7768
Posts: 1,166 (0.35 per day)
Tricks steps back, besides Razor Charlie, trying to gain some space between himself and the air elemental. That thing could hit him, apparently. Best to get as much space as possible.

Oh, and to kill it. Kill it with fire! He pulled out his customized IGNITION wand of Burning Hands, and blasted it straight at the elemental.




Last edited by Krypton; 27th of March, 2013 at 11:24.
Reply With Quote
  #591  
Unread 22nd of March, 2013, 13:25
zachol's Avatar
zachol
Flesh Colossus [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1103
Location: Glorious Nippon
Posts: 8,153 (1.61 per day)
"What? Where's my bow?"
Val moves to the side, shooting at the elemental that had gotten close, but infinitely more concerned about her good bow.



__________________
Sleepy cat is sleepy.

Last edited by zachol; 22nd of March, 2013 at 17:17.
Reply With Quote
  #592  
Unread 18th of May, 2013, 05:55
Mercutio's Avatar
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1485
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 8,215 (1.71 per day)
"Adamant pulls out his morningstar and makes sure he's as protected as he can be."

"Smart move from the cleric."

"Hellfire launches a bolt of energy towards the advancing elementals. It slams into the one farthest forward, and seems to slow the creature for a brief second."

"That's a good solid hit, Chuck, but I don't think these things feel pain the way you and I do."

"New guy Lucius is holding his attack for now, hoping to stall long enough to gain an advantage."

"Let's hope that doesn't backfire for the meat shield."

"And now Val launches another arrow, this one taking a significant chunk of air out of the elemental."

"That did some serious damage!"

"It sure did, Dan."

"Tricks flicks out a small flaming hand from his wand, but it doesn't seem to be very large."

"Almost looks like a misfire. I'd call it as one except that some fire did seem to come out of the tip."

"And now Lucius whips that flail of his around, dealing a pretty hefty blow against the collected mass of air to his left."

"Not enough to kill it, Dan, but it was an effective hit."

"The elementals make their countermoves now. The first turns its attentions from Tricks to Hellfire."

"It manages to connect with the warlock, but his diabolic nature seems to have softened the blow a bit."

"Now the two next to Lucius concentrate attacks on him. The smaller one hits once, and the larger takes two swings but only connects on the first one."

"Razor Charlie steps forward and cuts away the last bit of life from the easternmost elemental."



Reply With Quote
  #593  
Unread 21st of May, 2013, 15:11
Tashalar's Avatar
Tashalar
Ghastly Thread Necromancer [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Member: #1799
Location: Castle Korvosa
Posts: 5,971 (1.32 per day)
Lucius grunts as he gets battered by the airy creatures. A look over his shoulder reveals that one of the smaller ones has been taken care of. "Focus on the big one," he shouts while dodging left and right.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #594  
Unread 22nd of May, 2013, 02:02
Linklegacy77's Avatar
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1662
Location: United States
Posts: 5,944 (1.27 per day)
Adamant pushes forward a bit, still holding his buckler out to defend himself, in order to get into a position to help Lucius if needed.

__________________
2013 Avatar of the Year Winner
Reply With Quote
  #595  
Unread 22nd of May, 2013, 03:27
Tashalar's Avatar
Tashalar
Ghastly Thread Necromancer [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Member: #1799
Location: Castle Korvosa
Posts: 5,971 (1.32 per day)
As his allies allign themselves on the next threat, Lucius starts weaving thrusts of his own into his dodging maneuvers. After blocking a particularly harsh blow on his shield that forces him to his knees for a moment, he pushes forward and swings his flail in a wide arc, aiming at the smaller of his two foes. The swing was designed to give him the momentum to continue onwards and into the larger of his foes. IF he managed to take out the smaller of the two. If he didn't, it would either block his move or fall on him from the back.

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #596  
Unread 22nd of May, 2013, 09:39
Captain Gavis's Avatar
Captain Gavis
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Member: #7805
Location: East Syracuse
Posts: 1,250 (0.38 per day)
Isaac watched his team mate dispatch the second of the smaller elementals and grinned. "Now you big boy." he said pointing at the remaining elemental and unleashing an eldritch blast from his fingertip.

Reply With Quote
  #597  
Unread 28th of May, 2013, 06:01
Krypton's Avatar
Krypton
Devourer [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Member: #7768
Posts: 1,166 (0.35 per day)
"Good thinking, Hellfire. I'll give him a dose of the real thing." Tricks chants up one of his most powerful spells, and points his finger at the largest elemental, unleashing it.

__________________
GM
none currently
Player
To the Arena! To the Death!

Last edited by Mercutio; 28th of May, 2013 at 07:32.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 15:26.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren