Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > fhgwdads05's Games > Shadows of Death > The Monument of Fallen Stars

Unread 24th of December, 2009, 19:04
TagalongDT
Vampire Spawn

Member: #2929
Discussion for Storytellerless Storytelling

Righto, so this is an attempt to keep the current OOC thread from becoming a massive, out of control monster that will rise from the ocean and destroy us all. Think of this as less an OOC thread and more of a collective storyteller's thread (since we're basically all assuming the roll of storyteller until Fhgwdads gets back). A place where we can all plot and plan and let each other know our plots and plans. That way we can reserve the OOC thread for more definitively OOC stuff (I'm going on vacation, Merry Holidays, I want to juggle around the stats on my character, etc.)

So, regarding the thread: Occurrence, here's what we've come up with so far:

We're setting up a system of checks and balances where each player controls and posts for their player character (or characters for those of us with minions) and an opposing force for a different player. We have yet to decide who is paired with who.

I've suggested that the force the PCs are opposing consist of roughly three Wyld Hunts merged together. All told there should be: One experienced DB commander (someone who gets a bit of bonus XP on creation), and between 4 and 5 starting level DBs. This is in addition to the roughly 150 mortal troops they're bringing along with them. That will mean at least one person (possibly two) will have to double up on baddies. Any suggestions or ideas there?

Now, as to what I'm talking about for plotting and planning I'll use Princess as an example.

Currently, Princess has broken away from the main camp. I'm planning on having her gather intel on the enemy forces, shooting a quick message arrow back to camp, then spending quite a bit of time harassing the DBs with hit and run tactics to break moral and possibly try to lead off as large a group as possible on a wild goose chase. Later she'll rejoin the main group when the battle is underway. If the opportunity presents itself she will actually make it appear as if the Abyssals (or at least one abyssal) are attacking both the solars and the Realm (no she hasn't told any other PC of that idea/plan) in order to confuse the Realm and give them doubt as to who the actual enemy is. I'm also toying around with the idea that it's possible that the PCs will be overwhelmed and will need to retreat/hope morning comes and Heso can magic them away/Let divine providence save their asses.

In other news, I humbly suggest either Red or Daed take the position of the DB commander (naturally opposing our own commander: Dragon) since they both seem to be armchair generals.

I'm willing to try making a hack and slash character and an archer to deal with Heso and his bird (I initially suggested mage, but I hate dealing with magic and spells. Charms all the way baby!)

Thoughts, ideas, opinions?

Seduce the wookie?!

Last edited by TagalongDT; 24th of December, 2009 at 19:34.
Unread 24th of December, 2009, 19:34
Eternal
Wight

Member: #745
Dragon's army should be arriving during the fight, if all goes well... that's 200 elite soldiers and a heroic mortal in command.... that would decimate this current Wyld Hunt, so maybe we can work something out where less of my army come or something? Their arrival was the main reason I had them not present though.
Unread 16th of January, 2010, 06:38
TagalongDT
Vampire Spawn

I am very glad you mentioned that, apparently Red had the idea that the Unconquered Sun takes more direct action to save our butts. At least we all agree we should lose.

That being said, first things first. Pair off on who is controlling who's baddy. Again I suggest Daed to build and control the commander that will be paired with Dragon. I think I can handle going after Kindle and Feather with a pair of...something I'll make up after I get a bunch of my other writings done.

Anyone else have requests or suggestions?

Seduce the wookie?!
Unread 20th of January, 2010, 11:26
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

Member: #431
I'm thinking I'll take on Daedalus' opponent(s) unless anyone really wants me to take on the role of the commander for Eternal's bout. And I think, once we're all squared away, we should come up with a rough idea of how this can and might end.

Winner of the 2011 Coolest Avatar Award
Unread 28th of January, 2010, 16:06
Daedalus
Mohrg [GM]

Member: #568
I'll take Eternal's opponent. Eternal, how do you feel about small unit combat (10-25 men)? you game for that?
Unread 28th of January, 2010, 17:24
Eternal
Wight

Member: #745
as long as pbmahn (fhgwdads05) is one of the units in the opposing force

Last edited by Eternal; 29th of January, 2010 at 12:32.
Unread 29th of January, 2010, 07:29
Daedalus
Mohrg [GM]

Shall I make him a legion of extras, then? (I kid, sort of.)
Unread 29th of January, 2010, 12:53
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

I'm thinking I'll make an Immaculate monk for your opponent Daedalus. Probably a fire aspect, just to fuck with your elemental. Any objections?

Unread 29th of January, 2010, 15:34
TagalongDT
Vampire Spawn

Awesome that leaves me created someone for Feather and Kindle to deal with and Eternal making something that Princess gets to be emo at.

Seduce the wookie?!
Unread 29th of January, 2010, 16:06
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

Princess could be emo at a stick.

"Stupid stick. Even if I were to pick you up and throw you, you would just land somewhere else and be lost and alone."

Hah! See what I did there!

...You don't?

...Yeah me neither.

Unread 29th of January, 2010, 16:59
Daedalus
Mohrg [GM]

You know, if you think about that as a metaphor, that's kinda zen, in a way.
Unread 30th of January, 2010, 07:31
TagalongDT
Vampire Spawn

No Princess, you are the stick.

And then Princess was the stick. Lost and Alone...forever.

Seduce the wookie?!