Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Chris Chandler's Games > Epicureans

Unread 9th of August, 2008, 12:19
MadDogMaddux
Bone Naga

Member: #2980
Malak senses the sudden weakness in his knees, at the same time the senses of awe and worship as well as the suspicions of foul play and deception wash over him. Nevermind, if it is a deception, it will come to light.

Malak drops to his knees, My....my Lord?
Unread 10th of August, 2008, 12:36
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

Member: #1475
The man smiles and bends down on his own knee.

One should never take his eyes off the horizon, nor bow to that before him. Stand tall, Malak. Stand tall.

You smell autumn around you, the crisp air, the leaves, all of it all at once.

You are being taken from your home, from your dreams, and it is all because of him. Be forthright and stalwart. Do not falter, and do not trust what you see.

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Unread 10th of August, 2008, 23:03
MadDogMaddux
Bone Naga

Malak stands, and nods slowly, processing the words of his Lord, You speak of he who escaped my grasp. Malak lowers his eyes and shakes his head, I failed you before in this, and he escaped. It is well that I suffer such a banishment until I make things right.

Malak pauses again, then draws himself together, looking up, So am I born a news as the implacable hunter, Shalm, I beg you lend me your grace to see this task through to its end and the death of the defiler.
Unread 12th of August, 2008, 06:24
Chris Chandler

You have not failed me, Malak. You have never failed me. Doubt such as that is a tool of he who has called upon the darkest arts to escape your grasp. Do not fall prey to it!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Unread 15th of August, 2008, 00:19
MadDogMaddux
Bone Naga

Malak's stomach begins to rumble, and he glances up - slightly embarassed, I suppose after the death of Ambrose I have been in such a habit of self-condemnation and doubt, it has become second nature to me.....you saw the suffering of those who replaced me at the chalice? How I slew the one betrothed to the druid? And this after I had tested them so thoroughly! He shakes his head, Forgive me Shalm, but the jubilance of my heart has encountered so many a dark shadow, I do not know that it can be restored. He sighs, How I long to make things right to her, how I regret Ambrose' death, and the escape of the Nerullite. Shalm, these things now hang over my soul as a dour and dark cloud - the condemnation of those lives marred by my inability to intervene well! And yet, I do not doubt my own ability. I know that with your blessing I shall prevail, but that cannot undo what has already been inflicted upon others.
Unread 15th of August, 2008, 00:42
Chris Chandler

Their lives' are their own, Malak. You cannot be responsible for them, as they make the choices that will determine their own fate. Know, too, that if you continue to allow those things, your "self-condemnation and doubt", as you put it, to control your choices, you will never be able to determine your fate. You will become a tool of the Nerullite as simply as are the walking bones of the dead.

Unread 15th of August, 2008, 06:40
MadDogMaddux
Bone Naga

But how, my Lord, can I become free of these things? Mere assent to the fact that each chooses his own path is not enough! I beg you, intervene on my behalf! I would yield to your will, your path - as it seems I too have become a wanderer - but I am unable to free myself from the grip of this shadow. Help me, I beg you, great Wanderer!
Unread 15th of August, 2008, 11:16
Chris Chandler

He strikes you and you crumple as a rag doll, your cheek numb from the blow. He seems to grow before you.

Release yourself from the past, Malak! You cannot abide there. If you want to remove the shadow of your loved ones then become what you have known you shall be! Bring forth the fury of the Great Bear. Rain destruction upon those that seek to overbalance the true circle of Oerth, and all of the cosmos. Seek out the Nerullite like the hunter you claim to be.

He takes a step back, shrinking ever so slightly.

If you cannot do this, then you are a base coward, one whose father should have killed as a runt cub. Stand and leave my home, but know that I shall be with you.

Unread 15th of August, 2008, 11:58
MadDogMaddux
Bone Naga

Malak gathers himself together, reeling both from the blow the shock of receiving it. Drawing himself up, he squares his shoulders and meets the Deity eye to eye. There is no strength without compassion, only corruption. Turning, to face the door, he looks over his shoulder once more, I shall bring forth the fury of the Great Bear, Shalm, for I AM that Great Bear. And indeed I will rain destruction on those who overbalance and take advantage of power through abuse. His eyes flicker, And while I will not ABIDE there in the past, I will remember it, for to forget it would be cowardice indeed. He strides for the door, but pauses at the threshold, But tell me, why the visions? Why the deceptions of a life I have not lived? Do you seek to test my resolve by offering me such a complacent life? And why the eyes of the dragon?
Unread 19th of August, 2008, 03:44
Chris Chandler

Those false visions are there to deceive you, and I fear that you may see more before this trial ends. I pulled you out of those visions to plant your feet beneath you. Know that the Nerullite will have many more allies than you. She is just one of them. You will encounter her soon enough. Now then, back into the void with you, but remember that you are the hunter, never the hunted.

Unread 19th of August, 2008, 07:27
MadDogMaddux
Bone Naga

Grinning almost wolfishily Malak steps out through the doorway. I've always wanted to make weapons of that dragon's teeth...
Unread 19th of August, 2008, 23:50
Chris Chandler

You step through the door, and it is as if you tumble forward from a precipice - no are pulled toward the edge. You seem to fall, then to float, then to fly a dim darkness reminiscent of the edge of dawn, though you see nothing around you, no shapes, no features, nothing.

Unread 20th of August, 2008, 01:37
MadDogMaddux
Bone Naga

Sensing that he can do nothing else, Malak waits with the patience of a hunter.
Unread 20th of August, 2008, 04:19
Chris Chandler

As you fly in the ether your thoughts drift towards those visions that you saw... no, lived them. Those memories, now, are as real to you as had you lived them, and perhaps you had. The memories of your time as the guardian, too, weigh on you and you think of the youths to which you passed your mantle, and you hear the soft song that was sung to you as you stepped into the chalice. You see their hopeful and sad faces and you feel the familiar presence of Ambrose and that vanishes in an instant to be replaced by a chill of which you have never felt. It is as if the heat of the world had been sucked away, if only for an instant, and you catch sight of a form, perhaps a man - it is hard to say - hurtling through the darkness so quickly that you lose sight of him in a matter of two seconds.

You then have a tangible sense of motion, of direction, and you turn and see a yawning maw, still black, but with the tinges of darkest red. You smell dust and bones, feel heat, hear the clink of wooden chimes, the sound of the wind against the dunes of sand.

Then you are laying on the hot, dry sand.

Opening his eyes, he stood and looked all around him and found himself standing in the midst of a massive desert, but where it was – he did not know.
Looking down, he blinked in shock. At his feet lay a skeleton in tattered clothes. It was the skeleton of a small boy, with ceremonial markings carved deep into his bones. Stooping he studied it and realized that once more, he was somehow on the trail of Loric.
((You are the first to enter Athas. Welcome home!))

Unread 20th of August, 2008, 07:11
MadDogMaddux
Bone Naga

Stooping, Malak begins to examine the bones, trying to determine how long they have been here, hoping to gain a sense of how cold his trail is.

After studying the bones, he checks his gear, and returns first to the bones, and then to the ground around them - searching for a trail to follow.
Unread 21st of August, 2008, 00:18
Chris Chandler

((And we'll pick up with your trail in the IC. Excellent!))

Unread 21st of August, 2008, 06:18
MadDogMaddux
Bone Naga

*takes a bow*