Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > AoM's Games > Monsters We Become (Requiem)

Unread 19th of February, 2011, 16:39
AoM
Nightwing [GM]

Member: #1407
OOC Chat

Welcome to the game players. Please feel free to put all future discussion in here unless it absolutely must be sent to me privately - my inbox is quickly becoming full and I don't prune it as often as I should.

If you have sent me specific questions that I haven't answered yet, please state them hear again so I don't forget about them. I am reacquainting myself with all the relevant clan and covenant books - as well as the dang rule changes between this and OWoD, which being an older player, I tend to slip into quite a bit. Please treat this as a cooperative effort, and feel free to help your GM out with rules and such when such times come.

I am thinking that brief preludes will be in order for each of your characters, just to set you in time and place and introduce you to your surroundings, while I am busy cooking up NPCs and sinister plots to dangle in front of you for the main stories.

Please, each of you make a thread in the Character Information subforum to post your character sheets, followed by your character background, personality, appearance, and goals for the future, both short term and long term. These last can be both in character and out of character, and are purely for my benefit in dropping in more appropriate plots for you.

I will myself be working on a public list of notable NPCs that Kindred in the City would know after a short time. If your character doesn't know them in actuality, I'll trust you to roleplay it out, it's not like I'll bar you from looking at it or anything.

Please allow for a possible slow rolling start. I'm getting back into the swing of actually GMing something rather than just playing it.

Questions and comments or just general tomfoolery goes below this.
Unread 19th of February, 2011, 17:28
Psychoclown
Skeleton

Member: #9101
I asked this in the PM I sent you a few hours ago, but I'll post it here. What is the name of the previous Prince who held praxis when Arwen arrived?

Also, how do you want to handle Predator's Taint?

Also, I just realized I spelled my character's name wrong on my sheet. Auwren is not a Welsh name. I was going off memory (I've had this character concept rolling around in my head for a while). The correct spelling is Arwen. Arwen Dymock.
Unread 19th of February, 2011, 18:09
Psychoclown
Skeleton

Oh, another question. Do you want us to use specific colors for our dialogue and inner thoughts? I've seen other RPs do it here and it seems like a good idea. If you do, I call dibs on purple.

Last edited by Psychoclown; 19th of February, 2011 at 18:28.
Unread 19th of February, 2011, 22:15
AoM
Nightwing [GM]

Ouch. That purple hurts my eyes on the background...

The former Prince's name who held Praxis over New York in 1903 was Adalmund Stannard. He was replaced by his childe, Mercia Kinsey, in 1950, by his own design. He currently resides in torpor in an undisclosed location.

EDIT: Oh, and the Predator's Taint will be unchanged from how it's described in the core Requiem book on p.168. GM fiat however on incorporating it into the campaign. If it doesn't fit the scene... it may be waved. But don't assume such when you write a scene.

By the way, if your character is coming out of torpor, she's going to be very hungry. Not the best time to run into a new vampire, or anyone for that manner, unless you intend to eat them.

Last edited by AoM; 19th of February, 2011 at 22:23.
Unread 20th of February, 2011, 02:27
Psychoclown
Skeleton

Well the scene I posted wasn't meant to be the first night she's awoken. As I laid out in my background, she fed on several animals her first night. I specifically mentioned 3 rats and a dog, which I believe would be 6 vitae (though she used two to open the rusted door and to ghoul another dog). And I didn't intend that brief little RP to be a complete accounting of her first night. The first night would've largely been spent trying to feed as much as possible on the various vermin and stray dogs or cats she could find. Possibly the second night as well.

The scene I posted would only take place once she's a stable level of vitae (though I am opening to starting with less than full capacity). Which, I probably should've mentioned, but Copper and I discussed in PM that our scene would take place on the second or third night after Arwen has awaken. I forgot to mention it here though, sorry.

Last edited by Psychoclown; 20th of February, 2011 at 03:03.
Unread 20th of February, 2011, 20:42
AoM
Nightwing [GM]

Okay, that's fine, just so long as the GM knows what and where and when this is going on...

However, you're a bit ahead of the curve, psychoclown, as I still am waiting on fleshed out characters from your fellow players.
Unread 21st of February, 2011, 10:32
Copper
Shadow [GM]

Member: #9086
Sorry for the slow response on my part; been visiting family, and attending my brother's wedding.

Will work on the requested information later tonight.
Unread 22nd of February, 2011, 00:38
Psychoclown
Skeleton

Copper, the roll you posted shows a result of 30. I assume that can't possibly be the number of successes, but it also can't be a roll of only two dice. By my count a Dex +Stealth roll for Vole would be 8 dice (I believe a shadowing specality would count here). Just wanted to clarify before I rolled a perception roll and responded accordingly.
Unread 22nd of February, 2011, 02:47
Psychoclown
Skeleton

I think I just figured it out. 30 was the total of your roll. Are we going to use total rolls instead of successes? Or should we roll each die individually so we can see the invidual results and tally the sucesses?
Unread 22nd of February, 2011, 11:24
AoM
Nightwing [GM]

Yeah, you're going to need to do some separate rolling. Just use a different line for each roll. Easier to see.
Unread 22nd of February, 2011, 11:25
AoM
Nightwing [GM]

Oh and I think I'll make a separate thread for dice rolls.
Unread 22nd of February, 2011, 13:05
Copper
Shadow [GM]

Yeah, I rolled 8 dice, the results of which could be viewed if you hovered the mouse icon over the "30". Since it makes it easier, however, I'll roll separately from now on.
Unread 23rd of February, 2011, 14:37
AoM
Nightwing [GM]

Hmm. Not getting any responses or character development from the other players... *frowns*

Copper and Clown, did you have your own plans for this prelude scene or am I free to take you in a direction of my choosing?

Last edited by AoM; 23rd of February, 2011 at 14:44.
Unread 23rd of February, 2011, 15:33
Psychoclown
Skeleton

I think the general plan was for Vole and Arwen to meet and perhaps exchange some information, but beyond that no set plans. I open to you tossing something in, especially since our other players are AWOL.
Unread 23rd of February, 2011, 23:31
Copper
Shadow [GM]

Agreed. I am otherwise working on my background, and will try to get a post for the scene up tonight or tomorrow.
Unread 24th of February, 2011, 02:19
Vortigern
Bodak [GM]

Member: #7429
I'm here, and working on a sheet, but I'm having some troubles with my current schedule in regards to getting to my internet access point at a reasonable time, with my own computer, to post from my notes etc.

"Adventure is something bad, happening to someone else, far far away."
Unread 24th of February, 2011, 12:34
AoM
Nightwing [GM]

Roger that Vort. And Krypton has also sent me a PM now, he doesn't have the book yet so I'm going to guide him through mortal creation. With no fancy Vampire powers to worry about, he'll probably end up being quite skilled...

Haven't heard back from GIJ00 yet though.

I will jump into the prelude thread in a bit, but I'm just getting busy myself at the moment, so I apologize for the writing delay.
Unread 24th of February, 2011, 13:19
Copper
Shadow [GM]

No worries boss. I've got a bit of stuff to work on myself anyways, hence my own late reply to Psychoclown.
Unread 24th of February, 2011, 20:13
GIJ00
Ghoul

Member: #7593
Righto, I'm alive! Sorry work has been kicking my butt recently, so between that and school I haven't had a chance to post. Anyway, expect a sheet from me later today.
Unread 25th of February, 2011, 16:33
Psychoclown
Skeleton

I like the cast of NPCs. Feels like we've got plenty of room for politicing and intrigue. Nice work, AoM.
Unread 26th of February, 2011, 04:20
GIJ00
Ghoul

Member: #7593
Agreed, also helps me as I write up my character's history, so it's greatly appreciated.
Unread 26th of February, 2011, 06:06
Copper
Shadow [GM]

Likewise. Good job AoM; I especially like Mad Alice.
Unread 27th of February, 2011, 05:55
Copper
Shadow [GM]

Will aim to get my history up tonight. The post will be soon to follow, either tonight also, or tomorrow sometime, provided nothing comes up that forces my attentions elsewhere.

Edit! Looks like my background and post will have to wait until tomorrow. My net's been playing me up for a few hours, and now that it's working I'm too tired to get a proper write-up done. Apologises.

Last edited by Copper; 27th of February, 2011 at 09:08.
Unread 27th of February, 2011, 15:43
AoM
Nightwing [GM]

Can everyone who has sent me character info please put it into their character threads in the sub-forum (please create your own so that you'll be able to edit it going forward... doesn't have to be completely fiinished, but my inbox is getting full an I don't want to delete anything that has information you've discussed with me that has not been c&p'd to this game forum.)
Unread 27th of February, 2011, 21:28
Copper
Shadow [GM]

I'm not entirely sure that I have copies of the Contact information, but I think I've saved a file relating to the Necropolis.