Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Chris Chandler's Games > Kuralia I (The Far Reaches)

Unread 23rd of September, 2010, 11:26
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

Member: #2781
Have we lost Kirfah too?
Unread 23rd of September, 2010, 11:40
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

Member: #1475
Oh, I hope not!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Unread 23rd of October, 2010, 06:31
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

Member: #2777
I don't know about anyone else, but that looks like a perfect ending point.

Chris can have many options on where to take that if/when we pick this back up.

???
Unread 24th of October, 2010, 05:05
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

Yeah... I sure don't know what to post next anyway. I mean, I've turned it around and around. Courtroom, execution... not a lot to do or say at this point.
Unread 24th of October, 2010, 07:13
Dalcassius
Wraith

Member: #2773
I had prep'd the following months ago when I saw the end coming up, but Chris put such a nice end to it I didn't want to post in the in game thread. Still I couldn't let it go to waste so I'm tossing it up here to share.

Into the late hours of the night, Kirfah sits alone in the study of the Sajid manor, his quill scratching ink onto the last remaining blank page of his tome. With a flourished signature, a bit of sand to quickly dry the ink and a gentle huff of breath, Kirfah closes the book, binds it in a leather cord and seals the knot in wax pressed with the family signet. He gently holds the thick, well worn volume in hand as he crosses to a trunk that sits ready and waiting, it's lid open wide. Placing the book atop the contents, to sit safe until the spring when it can be taken to his Master at the Turmish Academy, Kirfah closes and locks the lid without a word.
Unread 24th of October, 2010, 10:09
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

Member: #1475
I like that! It's an excellent closer, in fact.

Here are a few things that I've thought about, in terms of after the story with the PCs and the colony, though I'm sure that things might be different.

I anticipte Kirfah to leave the colony come spring to strike out on his own, with his mother travelling with him only as far as The Midnight, but Sharad helping to rebuild the colony proper, likely with the help of the nearby Zuihou (complete with a local marriage). In fact, it's a good bet that the colony as a solely Theshian venture is dead, but will be successful with combined effort from other nations.

Many of the other colonists will likely stay. Wybert will be another one of the new leaders, and he and Breena will start a family. Leif would be another part of the new leadership, and the Kingdom of Oermig (his home) would send envoys based on his mother's letter. The Northmen would be a strong positive presence in the new colony. The young cooper and his wife would prefer to leave, but Agatha would convince the wife to help form an orphanage, with Annabelle deciding to join the order of Valasia The oldest of the orphans, too, would be instrumental in keeping the colony afloat. Mathilde would stay, securing the backing of the dwarves. Lassi and Orvokki would help guide things, and would be key in bringing new colonists in.

It's also likely that Olaf will secure a local presence within the colony, and a number of his troop opting to live the pastoral life rather than in Juren.

Hoylur would of course secure the next passage back to The Empire, and his report would likely restore his noble claim, which, in turn would likely have his mysterious mistress warm to him. His report would also provide the Conclave with enough evidence to establish an outpost as part of the colony, which, on the one hand will mean easier meddling, but on the other hand mean easier assistance in an emergency.

Gunther would be key in rebuilding the trade connections with the gen and zuihou, but might or might not stay within the colony proper. It really depends on just what The Cross sisters choose to do, and how his fledgling relationship with Zora would naturally unfold.

I imagine that Brit and Zora will strike out to search for Sir Nathanial and the rest of the family as soon as they feel right in doing so. That might mean staying 'til spring, or it might be staying for long enough to establish proper leadership within the colony. Agatha would be the most likely candidate (aside from Brit herself), but Gunther certainly has the experience.

So, all that to say, I agree, I think that the campaign, which has spanned 5 1/2 years, is at an excellent stopping point. I think that there is potential for these PCs to continue in other adventures, though I don't see them doing so together, at least in the near future. This is also the last of my Kuralia games to use the D20 ruleset. I'm working toward putting it into GURPS, and this campaign has given me myriad ideas about how to go about doing that.

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Unread 24th of October, 2010, 11:27
Dalcassius
Wraith

Member: #2773
That all sounds great Chris. I'm glad you're taking it into GURPS, it's a great system that's highly adaptable and flexible. I don't think it gets the play it deserves. Although I do have a friend who plays it exclusively.
Unread 25th of October, 2010, 23:39
Gamebird
Shadow

Member: #2783
Glad it's wrapped up. Way to go with the longevity. I know it's really tough to keep a campaign going for so long - it's a testament to your skills.
Unread 26th of October, 2010, 09:26
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

Oh yeah, Chris has skills, that's for sure. He's really awesome in pen and paper, too. You've no idea.

I'm relieved and happy we got to a good stopping place that seems to wrap everything up nice and tidily. I really like Dal's closer, too. Even though I see why you didn't post it, it seems like a great fade to the end type of scene in a movie.