Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Wired*Nun's Games > Back in the Black (Same Song, Second 'Verse)

Closed Thread
Unread 6th of September, 2008, 07:39
Wired*Nun
Author of Sci-Fi Thrillers [Epic GM]

Member: #830
Will and Yusheng - conversation

Will goes to the infirmary to check the readiness of the room one final time before finding his way up to the crew deck to see if he can find Mrs. Price.

Yusheng sits at a small desk in the Captain's quarters meticulously poring over the accounting and inventory books, making sure everything is in order. Her face looks grim as she sees the reality of their current financial situation. "I hope this deal goes well," she thinks to herself, "We need the money."

She hears the buzzer and opens the door to see Will standing in the corridor.
Unread 7th of September, 2008, 18:32
Left-Handed Bandit
Vampire Spawn

Member: #1052
OOC: Thanks. (I didn't want to hold up the rest of the thread.)

IC: "Mrs. Price, if you have a moment, I would like to talk to you about your husband's medical condition and ways to help improve his quality of life until we can figure out a way to reverse the illness. I understand that you had meant to speak to me about seeing him at some point."

The United States Navy: Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of all who threaten it!

Extending an olive branch doesn't count when you're trying to poke the other fella in the eye.
Unread 9th of September, 2008, 09:42
samirah
Ghoul

Member: #961
As soon as the door opens Nan Ching hops off the bed where she's been lounging, leaving a smattering of dog hair clinging to the bedspread. She lets out one small "Yip!" then charges over to Will and begins sniffing around his legs and feet to see if he is friend or foe.

"Feh Chun How," Yusheng says. (Very good) "Yes, I want talk to you. Hiram no look good to me. I not want him die. He say he come see you for exam soon so you can find out what he need. You tell me what we need do to make him better. What you think??" She studies Will with a somber look on her face. This doctor seems smart. I hope he can find out something.
Unread 10th of September, 2008, 02:42
Left-Handed Bandit
Vampire Spawn

"Unfortunately, at this point, the disease is just as your husband's previous doctor diagnosed," Will explained, taking a place just inside the door. "His current drug regimen is the best thing to control the growth of the cancer.

"I think you do a good job with his diet; just remember to ensure he eats plenty of fruits and vegetables," he continues. "We can replace the ship's environmental filter inserts with a more efficient model, and that will help pull some harmful impurities out of the air."

He pauses a moment to gauge Yusheng's reaction. He's quite sure he's telling her nothing she doesn't already know.

"I'll continue to research new techniques and therapies as we travel. This cancer is one of the tougher nuts to crack, I'm afraid, but I promise you that I'll do whatever I can to improve both the quality and length of his life."

Extending an olive branch doesn't count when you're trying to poke the other fella in the eye.
Unread 10th of September, 2008, 05:10
samirah
Ghoul

Nan Ching, satisfied with her investigation of Will, takes her place on the floor next to Yusheng's feet. She watches the conversation intently as if she understands everything that is said.

Yusheng sighs, her shoulders drop,"That what I thought, but I hope for better news. I make sure I grow many good fruit and vegetable for Hiram...take good care of him with food. Thank you for tell me what you know."

Turning to a different subject Yusheng queries,"You have all what you need for infirmery? You need supplies? You need something, you give me request. We get supply for you. Okay?"

Yusheng listens to Will's reply. If that concludes the conversation, she will take her leave and exit her quarters and head down the corridor toward her private garden to ponder the news about Hiram. Nan Ching follows at her heels.
Unread 12th of September, 2008, 09:41
Left-Handed Bandit
Vampire Spawn

"Here's a list of what I need to fully stock the infirmary," he replies. "Thank you."

With a nod, Will heads out to get a little meditation and prayer in before the captain returns.

Unread 12th of September, 2008, 10:14
samirah
Ghoul

"Hmmmmm." She looks at the long list of strange complex medical verbiage. "This too hard. Maybe you should buy things, next port. Take money, bring receipts." She hands it back to him.

Once Will is gone, she exits her quarters and heads to the garden.
Once there she seeks out a bench in the corner of the room near the flower garden. Nan Ching, sensing her master's distress, hops on her lap and begins licking Yusheng's hand. Yusheng sits quietly, caressing Nan Ching's soft, fluffy fur, thinking about Hiram...

Last edited by samirah; 12th of September, 2008 at 10:26.
Unread 12th of September, 2008, 23:16
Wired*Nun
Author of Sci-Fi Thrillers [Epic GM]

Member: #830
Return to main thread.
Closed Thread