Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Lando The Archmagi's Games > RIFTS: MercTown > Archives

Unread 18th of March, 2007, 13:09
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

Member: #682
MercTown SideThread 6: Shopping for justice

It is late in the evening when the gathering of heroes at the Quiet Warrior's Inn breaks up and some part to go shopping or mingling in the city....Irae leads Rangrik towards the Mystic Quarter where there is still activity. The nexus on the Collegiate of the Arcane is clearly visible with its crackling blue ley lines and energy.

There are a few shops still open and some folks milling around the sidewalks and pathways. Others are hurrying home or closing shop.

As Irae walks towards her master's shop in the northeastern end of the quarter, she speaks in fluent American, "Where did you want to go?"

Last edited by Lando The Archmagi; 20th of March, 2007 at 03:19.
Unread 20th of March, 2007, 19:47
Silverback
Skeleton

Member: #2373
Responding in american, "I am hoping you can suggest somewheres good for weapons and armor, maybe some power armor After all we are hunting a demon,right?" With that Rangrik watches the shops as they walk along, in case he sees something that catches his eye (mechanical / psi / or TW)
Unread 22nd of March, 2007, 03:46
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

Irae smiles at the dwarf and says,

"Well its pretty late so a lot of the main shops will be closed, power armor isn't allowed in the city limits, you have to buy it from the main manufacturer's or get it customized. That would be in the Arms Bazaar or the The Hub. There is body armor, weapons, and other items available here, lots of TW items."

Mystic Quarter:
125- The MercTown Nexus
125a - The Nan Rift
126- Collegiate Arcane & Magic Guild
127- Magic Missives
128- Armstong-Bennett TW Armaments
129- Weapons of Wonder
130- Stormspire Store
131- MageFire Weapons
132- Bestiary of the Bizarre
133- Simon's Shop of Uncommon Wonders
134- Bone & Marrow Shop
135- The Pyramid Emporium
136- Kraskut's Manor
137- The Sphinx & unicorn Tavern
138- Third Eye Private Investigators
139- Uncommon Knowledge
140- The Crimson Dragon
140a- Vecna's Shop <- Irae heads here
141- Bubble, Bubble Theater of Enlightenment
142- The Wizard's Chest
143- The Spider's Bite
144- Magic-Tech Inc.
145- Mystic Medicine Clinic
146- Mystic Draughts
147- Temple of Light & Darkness
148- Temple of the Four Elements
149- The Shrine of the Warrior
150- The Winds of Fate

[ooc: pick a place and I'll let you know if its open or not, will reference my book when I get home tonight...]
Unread 22nd of March, 2007, 05:09
Silverback
Skeleton

"ok, lets go check out Magic-Tech Inc."
Unread 22nd of March, 2007, 13:48
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

Originally Posted by Silverback # "ok, lets go check out Magic-Tech Inc."
You head into the Mystic Quarter and follow Irae and stop by the shop Magic-Tech Inc. You see the sign on the door says, "Closed."

Irae nods her head and says, "Most of them closed at sundown and some stay open later. This shop deals in repairing techno wizardry items (weapons included) and they recharge batteries and the like. They don't sell much in premade items, most of the other shops do that."
Unread 23rd of March, 2007, 13:34
Silverback
Skeleton

"i need some armor and a decent close combat weapon, i wonder if i can find anything made by russian Kuznyas (Mystic blacksmiths). They make good weapons and armor. I also heard of a company called..ummm.. Triax?? Last stop, i would like to visit Wilk's tomorrow morning for a gun." Rangrik will follow Irae to whereever she is going hoping to work in his stops along the way.
Unread 29th of March, 2007, 02:20
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

Irae nods, "Well there are lots of places to get armor, most of the manufacturer's have shops in the Bazaar, can take you there in the morning. There is Armstrong-Bennett who deals in Techno-Wizardry weapons and Weapons of Wonder which might have something by one of those foreign blacksmiths. My master's shop has a few items as well."
Unread 2nd of April, 2007, 09:59
Silverback
Skeleton

Rangrik smiles at the dark elf, and says in a russian accent (Speak American 83% of 92% = pass) "Both sound good. We go in the morning?"

He then asks for a decent bed and ale to rest till morning.
Unread 3rd of April, 2007, 02:42
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

Irae takes you to Weapons of Wonder which is still open at this hour. The shop has a wide variety of magical and techno-wizardry weapons on display behind glass cases and along the walls.

The owner smiles warmly speaking in American, "Can I help you?"

Irae nods, "After this I'll head back to my Master Vecna's shop and retire and we can go to the Bazarr in the morning easily. I'll meet you at the Quiet Warrior Inn then in the morning."
Unread 3rd of April, 2007, 02:48
Silverback
Skeleton

" Thanks M'lady. In the morning for breakfast at the Quiet warrior Inn? 9am?" Rangrik then bows, and turns to the shopkeeper "Evening. I am looking for something in a pistol or blunt weapon. Maybe some armor or armored clothing." He will then look around the room and casually wait for a response. ((ooc: he is looking for anything on his shopping list))
Unread 3rd of April, 2007, 09:06
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

Mystic Quarter: Weapons of Wonder

Irae smiles and nods, "See you then Rangrik." She hurries off into the Mystic Quarter towards her master's shop and home.

The owner introduces himself as Ankras Palix. He smiles brightly and says, "I have all sorts of great weapons! I have many rare and wonderous items too! Are you looking for something in particular?"

The man nods his head as you mention you're searching for armor and weapons, "I have an assortment of techno-wizardry weapons, armors and the like. Come this way."

He gestures to several cases of hand and ranged weapons on the walks. You see some Wilks, Magefire and Stormspire items.
Unread 4th of April, 2007, 03:03
Silverback
Skeleton

" Thank you, comrade. I am Rangrik. I am in search of an energy pistol that looks like cowboy gun, but uses mind power to use. And maybe some light armor. I am a mechanic not a combatent." Rangrik then follows Ankras around the store, looking in cases for anything that may attract my attention ( as a operator, dwarf, or psi)
Unread 11th of April, 2007, 02:20
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

Mystic Quarter: Weapons of Wonder

Ankras Palix smiles and says, "Well met Rangrik, yes, I have many items, including some of the newer Wilk's pistols and the like. Light techno wizard armor I have as well. Come this way."

He shows you an assortment of the New West style pistols in a case and has a couple suits of body armor that looks like they've been made for a techno wizard or the like. He shows you some melee weapons too (hammers, axes, swords).

"I have some powerful rune weapons too if you're interested in something stronger than the techno-wizardry."
Unread 13th of April, 2007, 03:03
Silverback
Skeleton

Rangrik looks at the weapons with an eye for quality. Every now and then he stops and grunts in approval of a nice looking item. Once he gete to the display with the New west wilk's weapons, he stops and "excuse me Comrade! may i please be seeing that?" As he points to the Wilk's Remi 136 Big Man pistol. While waiting for the weapon, Rangrik looks around for some armor, "something like the mechanics armor from Triax would be great!" Rangrik remebers with pride.
Unread 19th of April, 2007, 01:38
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

Originally Posted by Silverback # Rangrik looks at the weapons with an eye for quality. Every now and then he stops and grunts in approval of a nice looking item. Once he gete to the display with the New west wilk's weapons, he stops and "excuse me Comrade! may i please be seeing that?" As he points to the Wilk's Remi 136 Big Man pistol. While waiting for the weapon, Rangrik looks around for some armor, "something like the mechanics armor from Triax would be great!" Rangrik remebers with pride.

"Certainly sir.", Ankras Palix unlocks the case and takes out the pistol, holding it like it was his prized possession. He hands it over to Rangrik to examine. "Would you like to fire it on my firing range?"

Rangrik doesn't see any armor of Triax design, but he does see some armor on a display for a company called "MageFire" and some other suits that say, "Northern Gun, Techo Enhanced".

Unread 22nd of April, 2007, 07:05
Silverback
Skeleton

"No thank you, i like it as is, I am also interested in looking at the "magefire" collection a little closer." Rangrik then turns towards the MageFire display. "Comrade Palix, In your trained opinion, is there any armor that would benefit me as a mechanic and adventurer?"
Unread 3rd of May, 2007, 03:45
Silverback
Skeleton

As rangrik notices the time, he makes the purchase of the gun. with a final look around the shop. Rangrik Turns to Mr. Palix "Thank you for youe assistance, good sir. I have what i need ,i think. but i do need to be going"

(OOC: i am just hurrying this up so we can go adventuring. The only i need now is a good suit of armor for a operator.)
Unread 4th of May, 2007, 11:15
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

Ankras Palix nods and slots your credstick and deducts the amount for the pistol and says, "I have an assortment of techno wizardry armor and some items from MageFire. There are many other armor shops and such about, come back in the morning and I'll have something for you."

You head back to the Quiet Warrior's inn and decide to crash, its about midnight now.
Unread 7th of May, 2007, 03:54
Silverback
Skeleton

((OOC: confused, not sure to post going to bed or waking up. so i will do both, not much different))

"thank you, Comrade Palix. I will be back in the morning early as i need to meet my crew. I will be here around 6 am and can spare maybe 30 min for a guaranteed sale. i will buy something , i need armor. if you could be kind and pick out a couple you think i might like, it would be VERY appreciated." Rangrik bows and heads back to the inn for the night.

After he checks his bike, rangrik asks for a wake up call around 5:30 am and heads to his room. He locks his door, walks to the bed, and is aslepp before hitting the pillow.

((Next Morning))

Rangrik awakens to the sound of his wake up call, mumbles, and finally rises. He dresses, and tries to control the tangle he calls beard and hair. He then goes down stairs in search of coffee.

As Rangirk drinks his coffee, he starts back towards the shop. when he aopproaches the shop, He looks for signs that Mr. Palix is there, if not will wait...if there,will enter.
Unread 9th of May, 2007, 02:46
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

Weapons of Wonder

Originally Posted by Silverback # As Rangirk drinks his coffee, he starts back towards the shop. when he aopproaches the shop, He looks for signs that Mr. Palix is there, if not will wait...if there,will enter.
Your rest is very good at the inn and the coffee is very good as well. You approach Weapons of Wonder in the Mystic Quarter and see Ankras Palix just opening up.

"Good day sir Rangrik! Are you here to acquire some magic armor?"
Unread 9th of May, 2007, 02:51
Silverback
Skeleton

" good morning to you as well, Comrade Palix. Yes i am here for armor, but i only have a short amount of time. I am too my friends at the gates this morning." Rangrik waits quietly while Mr. Palix opens his shop for the day.
Unread 11th of May, 2007, 23:16
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

He invites you in after opening up.

"Good day, I've several suits available. Most are modifed with techno wizardry."

He directs you to a table where there are four suits laid out. Some look a bit heavier in armor than others.

They appear to be various manufacturer's, one is labeled "MageFire Wizard Combat Armor", another is NG Explorer Techno Armor.
Unread 16th of May, 2007, 16:55
Silverback
Skeleton

"thank you, i like the magefire armor. If it comes in my size i will take it" Rangrik makes purchase and heads for the gate on his bike..
Unread 16th of May, 2007, 22:21
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

Originally Posted by Silverback # "thank you, i like the magefire armor. If it comes in my size i will take it" Rangrik makes purchase and heads for the gate on his bike..

"Sure, let me fit you.", Ankras Palix says and spends an hour fitting you into the new armor. He deducts the cost from your credstick and then you head to the gates, where there appears to be no one waiting beyond folks coming and going.

ooc: see Chapter 7 for more. The MageFire combat armor is in MercOps, if you need the info I can pm it to you later after work.

Last edited by Lando The Archmagi; 16th of May, 2007 at 22:25.