Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > qwerty123's Games > Time Enough At Last

Unread 16th of July, 2012, 17:40
qwerty123
Devourer [GM]

Member: #1109
Originally Posted by SleepyDaysDreamyNights # IC: Nina pulls her head out of the crevasse and gasps when she sees her party in danger. Not quite sure what's going on, she rushes over to support James and help him retreat.

Looking over her shoulder, Nina calls out to Annie and Delanty. "Annie Mae! Mr. Delanty! Are you alright?"
IC: Both have seen better days. Delanty is bleeding a bit from his left ear, but otherwise seems fine. Annie Mae is her old surly self. Both follow Nina's lead and head for the crevasse. Delanty helps drag the Capt. in and with the help of Annie Mae they secure the passageway.

It would appear that both sides would rather tend to their wounded then give pursuit or prolong combat. The party has a safe heaven, and some breathing room; but for how long?

Ahab, Moby Dick
Unread 18th of July, 2012, 12:29
lawwnum
Crimson Death

Member: #8286
IC: As they slip into the crevasse Nina found...

"Well that didnt go as well as I hoped, but at least we are all still in one piece. "

Then looking around abit..

"Not exaclty an ideal spot to defend...I wonder where this will take us...."

And he starts of exploring their new area...

OOC: 5 want to use Vortex to map out area...tunnels and hopefully if any more of those Demons are about or moving
Unread 20th of July, 2012, 03:08
qwerty123
Devourer [GM]

Originally Posted by lawwnum # OOC: [roll0] want to use Vortex to map out area...tunnels and hopefully if any more of those Demons are about or moving
OOC: You can get a nice map of the mine, also the 'demons' show up as energy signatures, so when more then one or two are in a location you can't really tell the total number well.

As such, you have found a concentration of 'demons' that you could get to from the tunnel you are in. Interestingly enough two other energy signatures are present there....the Corsair and the Inspector?

Ahab, Moby Dick
Unread 21st of July, 2012, 13:37
lawwnum
Crimson Death

IC: Looking around at the little group..

'Well that could of gone better, but it could of benn much worse as well. We know we can hurt, them and therefore kill them, and that they have weapons we cnat defend against. Also I think I have a lock on Corsair andthe Inspector..so unless someone hassomething else tooffer or suggest..lets go see what kind of trouble those 2 are in."
Unread 22nd of July, 2012, 05:53
qwerty123
Devourer [GM]

IC: After a brief rest period the party travels on once more. Following the confusing downward path is made much easier with the aid of the Vortex Manipulator. Finally they arrive at the opening that has the Corsair and Inspector.

The cavern is rather large, at least thirty yards across yet has a low ceiling no more than six feet high. The low ceiling plays to the advantage of the 'demons' who aren't very tall. Near the center of the room sit two, for lack of a better term, coffins. The coffins seem made of some kind of opaque crystal. Bright yellow energy is radiating off of the coffins and a group of about ten or twelve 'demons' are gathered around them in a circle, almost as if in prayer.

Ahab, Moby Dick
Unread 27th of July, 2012, 13:50
lawwnum
Crimson Death

OOC; Sorry again for the delay everyone...

OOC:
before chargingin there.the Capt will use the Vortex again to try and noarrow down just what is going on..full range scan for all anomolies he can find and hopefully figure out.
Unread 28th of July, 2012, 06:11
qwerty123
Devourer [GM]

Originally Posted by lawwnum # OOC; Sorry again for the delay everyone...

OOC:
before chargingin there.the Capt will use the Vortex again to try and noarrow down just what is going on..full range scan for all anomolies he can find and hopefully figure out.
OOC: You didn't roll for the scan, but for the sake of moving this along I will say you discover the following.

You still can't tell the exact number of 'demons' in the room. You do, however, realize that the coffins are some sort of battery that is being used to open a doorway. Now to where exactly and what purpose this doorway serves you are not sure.

You also can tell that the coffin / batteries are slowly draining the life out the Inspector and the Corsair. You estimate they have only a few more hours to live before the Corsair possible regenerates and the Inspector dies.

Ahab, Moby Dick