Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Croaker's Games > In a Wicked Age

Reply
Thread Tools
  #26  
Unread 16th of August, 2010, 08:10
AoM's Avatar
AoM
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Member: #1407
Location: Other side of the Earth.
Posts: 1,438 (0.30 per day)
re Tag: This story may take place before any of the chapter 1 characters were born, or it may have happened a week before the siege, only in a different part of the world. We don't know yet.

But yes, I have considered that there can and should be a connection somehow. But I am happy to wait and discover it through play.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Unread 16th of August, 2010, 08:20
TagalongDT's Avatar
TagalongDT
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Member: #2929
Location: Just trailing behind you.
Posts: 438 (0.11 per day)
Oh I know. I'm just throwing ideas into the pot to get the ball rolling.
__________________
That was the best plan we could come up with?

Seduce the wookie?!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Unread 16th of August, 2010, 22:48
Darius's Avatar
Darius
The Phantom Poster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1110
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,490 (0.69 per day)
Best interest 1:

Consume a powerful sorceror so that I may add his power to my own.
__________________
Ewan: Tell me, when you drove up, did you see a sign outside that said "dead ninja storage?"
Kat: No, I didn't...
Ewan: Do you wanna know why I don't have a sign like that? Because storing dead ninjas, isn't my business!
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Unread 17th of August, 2010, 02:16
Croaker's Avatar
Croaker
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Member: #7487
Posts: 1,003 (0.28 per day)
Best interest 1:

Obtain the sacred orb and keep it safe from harm.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #30  
Unread 17th of August, 2010, 18:28
AoM's Avatar
AoM
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Member: #1407
Location: Other side of the Earth.
Posts: 1,438 (0.30 per day)
Argh, I think I did this slightly wrong. I was supposed to start with just one NPC's interests and then go back and forth with the PCs. Oh well, we'll just plow forward. Cheese and Tag, if you can get your Best Interests stated within the next 12-14 hours, then I'll respond to them, otherwise I'll just have a few more best interests be shown to reflect Darius and Croaker's first best interests.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Unread 18th of August, 2010, 09:38
TagalongDT's Avatar
TagalongDT
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Member: #2929
Location: Just trailing behind you.
Posts: 438 (0.11 per day)
Best interest 1: Lead this group to the end of the prophecy.

Also, does that mean you're going to post just 3 or 4 best interests at once?
__________________
That was the best plan we could come up with?

Seduce the wookie?!
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Unread 18th of August, 2010, 10:22
AoM's Avatar
AoM
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Member: #1407
Location: Other side of the Earth.
Posts: 1,438 (0.30 per day)
I will do two right now. It's already gotten a bit haphazard. Remember, I joined the first chapter a bit late, after the round robin had pretty much been settled, so I didn't actually see how the process was done.

Also, Tag, what is the "group" that you refer to in your best interest.

---------------------
Okay my updates were this:

Kimya, slave of the crone.

It's in her best interest to return to her true master so that the prophecy can be averted.

Zahir Rahm, King of Bones, a ghoul.

It's in his best interest to destroy the orb, so that the prophecy can be fulfilled.

--------------------

Since Darius' best interest is turned more towards a player rather than an NPC (though maybe not, who knows), I'm not responding with an interfering best interest at this point.

Last edited by AoM; 18th of August, 2010 at 10:45.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Unread 18th of August, 2010, 15:45
TagalongDT's Avatar
TagalongDT
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Member: #2929
Location: Just trailing behind you.
Posts: 438 (0.11 per day)
The group is either the caravan that everyone is traveling in, or a completely different group of people opposing the party. Whatever is more fun.
__________________
That was the best plan we could come up with?

Seduce the wookie?!
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Unread 18th of August, 2010, 16:13
AoM's Avatar
AoM
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Member: #1407
Location: Other side of the Earth.
Posts: 1,438 (0.30 per day)
Ah, I wasn't sure that everyone was traveling with the caravan. The voracious Spirit is, but only because he is inhabiting a Piyar boy. The Summoner and Visionary might well be, but are they of these people? or are they simply tagging along? Or were they already here when the caravan came through? And the Wisp? Isn't it tied to the woods where the ruins are?

Last edited by AoM; 18th of August, 2010 at 16:15.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Unread 19th of August, 2010, 09:40
Explosive Cheese's Avatar
Explosive Cheese
Boomer Muenster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Member: #8003
Location: University of Waterloo
Posts: 2,137 (0.67 per day)
Sorry I couldn't get to this earlier, I was away on a camping trip. I left a note in my sig, but I didn't mention the fact in every game I'm in...

Best Interest 1: Escape the summons I am under.

I think Sslissol is tied to both the woods where the ruins are, and currently also to the Summoner (else my best interest makes no sense). This would seem to imply that the Kadashman-Enlil and Zasalumi at least are also in the woods. If this goes against your guys' needs, I'll start the game with Sslissol not bound to the summoner, and change my best interest.

A question: Does Sslissol have any knowledge that someone is looking to consume it?
__________________
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
"Any sufficiently analysed magic is indistinguishable from science."
"Any magic which is distinguishable from science has not been analysed enough."
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Unread 19th of August, 2010, 16:06
AoM's Avatar
AoM
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Member: #1407
Location: Other side of the Earth.
Posts: 1,438 (0.30 per day)
Cheese, there's no reason for Sslissol to know of the crone's desire, but if you deem that there is a reason for it to know of her, then I'll run with it.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Unread 20th of August, 2010, 05:50
Croaker's Avatar
Croaker
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Member: #7487
Posts: 1,003 (0.28 per day)
Does it make sense for me to have bound and summoned a wisp? You're not really undead, so what were you doing in the ruins at the time?

I have no problem with it, it just seems like kind of a stretch.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #38  
Unread 20th of August, 2010, 06:41
Explosive Cheese's Avatar
Explosive Cheese
Boomer Muenster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Member: #8003
Location: University of Waterloo
Posts: 2,137 (0.67 per day)
I'm a very old wisp from the woods that encompasses the ruins. I may have important information about the surrounding area and/or the ruins itself, so you summoned and bound me to help you find the orb? Those were my thoughts, I guess. Does that make some kind of sense?
__________________
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
"Any sufficiently analysed magic is indistinguishable from science."
"Any magic which is distinguishable from science has not been analysed enough."
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Unread 20th of August, 2010, 11:31
AoM's Avatar
AoM
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Member: #1407
Location: Other side of the Earth.
Posts: 1,438 (0.30 per day)
The oracle only states that there is a convocation of ghouls, gaunts, and wisps. It doesn't say that the reason they all gather is because of one source.

Furthermore, it is wrong to assume that just because Croaker's PC has summoned some of them that he exerts control over any or all of them. (Perhaps as he is an experienced summoner he will know of some way to protect himself, but summoning should be an art of bargaining as well.)
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Unread 20th of August, 2010, 11:34
AoM's Avatar
AoM
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Member: #1407
Location: Other side of the Earth.
Posts: 1,438 (0.30 per day)
However, if Cheese really wants his Wisp to be bound to the summoner and working for an escape, there's no reason not to have that be the case. Just confirm what you want Cheese, and we'll continue.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Unread 20th of August, 2010, 11:59
Explosive Cheese's Avatar
Explosive Cheese
Boomer Muenster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Member: #8003
Location: University of Waterloo
Posts: 2,137 (0.67 per day)
I like the idea of Sslissol being bound, as long as Croaker is cool with it.
__________________
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
"Any sufficiently analysed magic is indistinguishable from science."
"Any magic which is distinguishable from science has not been analysed enough."
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Unread 21st of August, 2010, 12:28
Croaker's Avatar
Croaker
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Member: #7487
Posts: 1,003 (0.28 per day)
I figured there would be some bargaining; I used bound and summoned somewhat idiomatically. It's not too much of a stretch to assume binding and summoning are aspects of the same art, so that's what I did.

Since Cheese has no problem being bound, I vote to include binding as part of the summoning paradigm. I wouldn't have summoned more than I could bind. The definition of bound could be flexible, though--maybe it just means they won't be capable of harming me or leaving my circle of influence. They can bargain for release by performing my requests. Any failure on their part breaks the bargain and harms them in some way.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #43  
Unread 21st of August, 2010, 16:20
Explosive Cheese's Avatar
Explosive Cheese
Boomer Muenster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Member: #8003
Location: University of Waterloo
Posts: 2,137 (0.67 per day)
Works for me.
__________________
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
"Any sufficiently analysed magic is indistinguishable from science."
"Any magic which is distinguishable from science has not been analysed enough."
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Unread 1st of September, 2010, 05:26
AoM's Avatar
AoM
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Member: #1407
Location: Other side of the Earth.
Posts: 1,438 (0.30 per day)
So, here are the new Best Interests! I've decided to add a bit more flavor to our spirit PCs through NPC intrigue. Please give me your second best interests. I will be working on getting NPC particular strengths covered in the next couple days. Then a first post after that (there'll be a new thread for the official Chapter 2. Hope it doesn't get too confusing with this thread also being named chapter 2, even though it should have been something like Unquiet Past Oracle.)


Mehka Eil, the Brute (a ghoul)


--Become Bashabael's vessel, merging his spirit with my own ensorcelled soul, that we might again attain godhood and break the shackles of our oppressors.

Omid, Piyar Guard


-- Bind the spirit Bashabael within a new relic, as my true masters wish.

Kimya, slave to Hani'ata

-- Convince my one-time lover Sslissol to lure Zasalumi to her death. In return I shall give the Wisp what it seeks.

Last edited by AoM; 1st of September, 2010 at 05:32.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Unread 1st of September, 2010, 06:14
Explosive Cheese's Avatar
Explosive Cheese
Boomer Muenster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Member: #8003
Location: University of Waterloo
Posts: 2,137 (0.67 per day)
Well then... That's an interesting angle for Sslissol... Is Kimya a Spirit of some kind as well?

A question about the lore of our world, as it impacts what my second best interest will be: Does obtaining enough belief allow a wisp to either attain godhood or pass over (perhaps existing as a Wisp is a tormenting experience)?

If it is possible to attain godhood/pass over, that will be my second best interest. Otherwise, it will be to rekindle my relationship with Kimya.

Btw, as moderators, I think we can change the title of this thread. Should I do that?
__________________
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
"Any sufficiently analysed magic is indistinguishable from science."
"Any magic which is distinguishable from science has not been analysed enough."
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Unread 1st of September, 2010, 06:24
AoM's Avatar
AoM
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Member: #1407
Location: Other side of the Earth.
Posts: 1,438 (0.30 per day)
I reserve the right to keep Kimya's true identity a secret for now. Suffice it to say, she's much more than a mere slave to some old crone, but currently she appears to be human for all intents and purposes.

As far as our lore. Currently we've determined that Spirits can obtain godhood with enough direct belief and worship, and we've also determined that Wisps are a type of spirit. So technically, it should be possible for Sslissol to obtain godhood. But whether it is within your means is another matter. If such was Sslissol's goal, it would seem that Kimya is a key to achieving that.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Unread 1st of September, 2010, 06:38
Explosive Cheese's Avatar
Explosive Cheese
Boomer Muenster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Member: #8003
Location: University of Waterloo
Posts: 2,137 (0.67 per day)
Okay, then Best Interest #2 is to attain godhood. Yes, I know it's way out there, Sslissol just being an ancient wisp from a Ruins in a forest, but I think that many spirits have it as unconscious goal. Sslissol just makes it a conscious and determined effort. It probably won't happen, but I'll sure try.

Edit: This thread's title is now Oracle 2: Unquiet Past, in order to avoid the confusion AoM was talking about. If this bugs you, you can change it back.
__________________
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
"Any sufficiently analysed magic is indistinguishable from science."
"Any magic which is distinguishable from science has not been analysed enough."

Last edited by Explosive Cheese; 1st of September, 2010 at 06:52.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Unread 1st of September, 2010, 07:10
AoM's Avatar
AoM
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Member: #1407
Location: Other side of the Earth.
Posts: 1,438 (0.30 per day)
Sounds good Cheese, and thanks for the thread rename. How did you manage that? I couldn't find the tab that let me change it.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Unread 1st of September, 2010, 07:17
Explosive Cheese's Avatar
Explosive Cheese
Boomer Muenster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Member: #8003
Location: University of Waterloo
Posts: 2,137 (0.67 per day)
In thread tools, in the top right corner of the thread. Click it, and you get all kinds of options, including thread manipulation if you're a moderator.
__________________
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
"Any sufficiently analysed magic is indistinguishable from science."
"Any magic which is distinguishable from science has not been analysed enough."
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Unread 2nd of September, 2010, 05:36
Darius's Avatar
Darius
The Phantom Poster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1110
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,490 (0.69 per day)
Bashabael's best interest #2:

Break the mind and spirit of the caravan leader whose shild I possess, making him worship me.
__________________
Ewan: Tell me, when you drove up, did you see a sign outside that said "dead ninja storage?"
Kat: No, I didn't...
Ewan: Do you wanna know why I don't have a sign like that? Because storing dead ninjas, isn't my business!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 13:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren